PDA

View Full Version : June 30th Patch - Issue List

Vandal
07-01-2011, 05:25 AM
Hello everyone,

I thought that in order to help the Devs manage people's problem since the new patch, I would make an updated list of whatever it is that everyone list down here that are patch problem related.

Last List Updated: Post #24

Dev's Responses
1 - We have read the above issues, and during the server down time we have fixed some of them.
- The Cloth Fabric, Cloth Scraps and plastic should all now be working.
- The connection issues should be fixed.

2 - Ok, so Bones/Blades are in majority of the zones, I'm not going to give any other details on which zones, or how many...
But Blades of all kinds have the same rarity and they are classified as 'Very Rare'.
Bones are also under the same rarity classification.

They are in and working, they are not bugged.

3 - Dismantling will give you resources back, however the amount of resource you get returned is based on your architecture skill level.
The higher it is, the more you get back.

Connection Issue

- Some connections are lost after a few minutes of game play.
- Sometimes, when opening a bag, nothing appears. If I tried to open it again, it says "The bag is open by Me". Seems to happen to some bags and not others. Relogging doesn't fix it.
- Sometimes when transferring items from one bag to the other, the item disappear.
- While downloading the patch, some players get "Connection Lost" error.
- Increased amounts of lag spikes

Gathering
- When sorting Plastic, nothing appears in the bin. Same goes with cloth.
- Some trees sprouted inside of rocks.
- Some trees are growing in water and you cannot use logging while swimming.
- Trees spawns inside the ground, which cannot allow you to destroy the trunk since it cannot be seen.
- Trees spawning on top of one another.
- There are some concerns about scavenging bones and blades. Multiple players have been over many zones and no report has been given about finding some.

Terrain
- Some issues with distant object, more to follow.

Combat
- Players noticed that holding a swing has nearly no difference in damage.
- Parry does not block the incoming damage. And even if it was meant to reduce the damage, doesn't appear to do that either.

Architecture
- All my Pioneer Log Wall I's seem to only turn 180 degrees.
- Dismantle does not give materials back, regardless of skill level.
- It was pointed out that structure built before the patch could not be dismantled properly, that might need to be confirmed.
- After dismantling, players have gotten materials in the wrong material slot.

Menu
- When making modifications to game settings, game crashes.

Display
- Some players are having issues with distance. Trees and terrains look bad and out of shape. (need more specific details on this)

Liquidblade
07-01-2011, 05:31 AM
I got that issue while downloading the patch....."Connection lost"

Tesla
07-01-2011, 06:09 AM
1. Frequent disconnects. Very frustrating.
2. Some bins will not open.
3. When sorting plastic, nothing appears in bin.

Rudder
07-01-2011, 06:15 AM
Some tree's are sprouted inside of rocks;
Some tree's are now growing in water and you cannot use logger skill while swimming

MASSIVE terrain error's - this is kinda strange - think of holding something in the center of the screen so that tree's are blocked from view. Now pan left or right and the distant tree's will now appear. This is a distance bug.

Some tree's are so close to the ground now you cannot find the trunk

Vandal
07-01-2011, 06:28 AM
Rudder,

could you re-explain this part.

MASSIVE terrain error's - this is kinda strange - think of holding something in the center of the screen so that tree's are blocked from view. Now pan left or right and the distant tree's will now appear. This is a distance bug.

Not sure if I understand the issue properly.

Niburu
07-01-2011, 06:45 AM
Half of my Bags won't open. I see the loading bar but nothing happens. if i do it again it says opened by me

Holding a swing has nearly no difference in damage, need to rebalanced

Bizley
07-01-2011, 06:52 AM
I'm not receiving anything from sorting plastic OR cloth.

VeryWiiTee
07-01-2011, 06:57 AM
A solution for bags are being worked on, the missing items are probably corrupted items from either a corrupted bag or it is being put into a corrupted bag. I had the same issue until I noticed the bag wouldn't open if I closed it. I suppose the items disappearing will be fixed with bags..

I've noticed;
Increased amounts of lag spikes (we had been in the clear for a loong while with these).
Trees spawning on top of another tree will cause either the old tree or the new tree to be chopped. Many of them have fell to the ground.

Maybe we can keep this one clear of balance issues and focus on more 'bug' issues such as bags and trees.
I love new patches. Hello new issues :D!

GuideRaguel
07-01-2011, 07:22 AM
Greetings everyone,

We have read the above issues, and during the server down time we have fixed some of them.

- The Cloth Fabric, Cloth Scraps and plastic should all now be working.
- The connection issues should be fixed.

If you are still experiencing any of those issues please let us know asap.

Thank you.

unclean666
07-01-2011, 07:36 AM
What about Blades and bones from scavenging I have been over lots of zones and have found none or havent heard of anyone that has could this have been a bug?

L0rd0fIvIetal
07-01-2011, 07:42 AM
What about Blades and bones from scavenging I have been over lots of zones and have found none or havent heard of anyone that has could this have been a bug? i found a cleaverblade and and a knife blade and bones all yesturday b4 the patch my scavenging is at like 30 or something

Bizley
07-01-2011, 07:57 AM
That may just be because resources are now limited to certain territories.

EDIT: But you said you'd been over lots of zones, so I guess not. (Should read more carefully :P)

Drevar
07-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Only bone I've found so far is a golden retriever rib bone. How my character knew it was from a golden retriever, and not just a "large dog" I have no idea. LOL.

I have not found any blades of any sort yet.

GuideRaguel
07-01-2011, 10:36 AM
What about Blades and bones from scavenging I have been over lots of zones and have found none or havent heard of anyone that has could this have been a bug?

Ok, so Bones/Blades are in majority of the zones, I'm not going to give any other details on which zones, or how many...
But Blades of all kinds have the same rarity and they are classified as 'Very Rare'.
Bones are also under the same rarity classification.

They are in and working, they are not bugged.

NorCalGooey
07-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Parrying still doesn't stop damage...unless its just meant to reduce it, which I don't think it does that either.

goodayve
07-01-2011, 11:51 AM
All my Pioneer Log Wall I's seem like they got turned around 180 degrees. I plan to dismantle these anyway(dismantle doesnt seem to give any materials back right now).

Drevar
07-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Structures built after the patch will give you resources back on dismantling. Structures built before the patch didn't have the ability to "remember" what materials went into them.
-edit Seems I may be wrong based on Raguel's response below. I hear a lot of "i didnt get any mats back" from people dismantling old structures though.

Blades, bats, etc. being rare kind of relegates weaponcrafting to medium handles and nails (spiked clubs) for any means to level up.

If the resources stay as is then I don't think a skill cap would be warranted, as your ability to make "everything" will be severly limited to the logistics of hundreds of items which you don't have ready access to. The ability to make all sorts of items will be dependent on actual gameplay (travelling to scavenge or trading with others) not just digging through your tons of pre-sorted mats in your baskets. The ability to make a set of items with a specific bonus is going to be a real chore and the items will have real value above and beyond the work it took to spam 10000 spiked clubs, etc.

The balance pendelum has swung all the way back to favor tribes again. A homesteader without exhorbitant amounts of free time is going to find it very difficult to gather up a decent amount of the various rares needed or wanted to make many "good" items.

GuideRaguel
07-01-2011, 12:31 PM
All my Pioneer Log Wall I's seem like they got turned around 180 degrees. I plan to dismantle these anyway(dismantle doesnt seem to give any materials back right now).

Dismantling will give you resources back, however the amount of resource you get returned is based on your architecture skill level.
The higher it is, the more you get back.

arashisr
07-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Grinding Branch barricades for a new arch recipe and Dismantling after I have gotten back the wrong resources in the wrong slot. Example getting grass twine in the branch slot. I have also a few times have gotten 6 twine back in the branch slot and 2 twine back in the twine slot. for a total return of 8 twine out of a possible 4 twine build. :P

I finally got a new recipe after about 26 or so Barricades. The Masonry Roof takes 160 Granite Bricks and 40 mortar. I ground out the bricks but while trying to get my bucket and paddle I have bugged 5 baskets. They wont open and when I click on them to open again it gives the error its already open by <player>. I stored backups in multiple containers just in case one bugged but now to finish my new recipe I will have to cut down a tree (if I can get to one of my saws) and make a new bucket so I can do the mortar. Such fun :P

Also while making grass twine for my arch grinding. I gained several new recipes the ropes, grass mat, grass thatch, and quite a few new hats including the master and grandmaster hats (basketry skill of 39). It seems wrong to get them at such a low skill level. But all in all having fun with the new patch.

Ferigad
07-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Well it is maybe just me. But i testet sorting with metals. Well with some luck there where bronze items, brass items, even a silver and a chrome item. I guess then thats are the rares.

But there is a other thing that really suprised me. After sorting around 80 times there was NO small/medium/Large metal sheet and NO Medium/Large Metal Plate. The only thing
that was sorted out was small metall plates of all kind. Is this because the other kind of metal plates are simply not anymore in the zone or is it because of any other reason?

NorCalGooey
07-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Grinding Branch barricades for a new arch recipe and Dismantling after I have gotten back the wrong resources in the wrong slot. Example getting grass twine in the branch slot. I have also a few times have gotten 6 twine back in the branch slot and 2 twine back in the twine slot. for a total return of 8 twine out of a possible 4 twine build. :P

I finally got a new recipe after about 26 or so Barricades. The Masonry Roof takes 160 Granite Bricks and 40 mortar. I ground out the bricks but while trying to get my bucket and paddle I have bugged 5 baskets. They wont open and when I click on them to open again it gives the error its already open by <player>. I stored backups in multiple containers just in case one bugged but now to finish my new recipe I will have to cut down a tree (if I can get to one of my saws) and make a new bucket so I can do the mortar. Such fun :P

Also while making grass twine for my arch grinding. I gained several new recipes the ropes, grass mat, grass thatch, and quite a few new hats including the master and grandmaster hats (basketry skill of 39). It seems wrong to get them at such a low skill level. But all in all having fun with the new patch.

I can confirm you dismantling bug you are talking about.

I find it extremely easy to grind with this dismantling method. However, I am 76 arch, the higher the arch the more mats you get back.

Also, if you use the same branches and twine over and over eventually they will become junk quailty and eventually when you dismantle all mats will destroy. I believe this is working as intended, and are branches the first resource to decay? Well actually, I guess any resources of anything you can dismantle can now decay.

Aiden
07-01-2011, 07:58 PM
My contribution to this thread is on topic with the op but not so much the current discussion. Has anyone else noticed a severe issue with tree and terrain distance changes? Not sure if this is documented or not but the game world looks absolutely horribad now...

Also anytime I make ANY change to the settings menu in game, I crash after closing the menu.

NorCalGooey
07-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Agreed, looks bad. They did this to improve loading times.

Aiden
07-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Lol...sadly my loading times seem to be 1-2 mins longer on both comps...it does look absolutely horrible. Hope they change it back.

VeryWiiTee
07-02-2011, 07:00 AM
I've had a stop watch when I was at loading screen. I can confirm that they have in fact decreased.

I usually had between 2-3min loading, I'm now between 1-2min (depending on programs running in the background).

Added after 26 minutes:

Dismantling is working as intended.

Buildings build prior to the patch of 07/02/11 does not give resources back. Buildings build after the patch do give resources back.

Structures built after the patch will give you resources back on dismantling. Structures built before the patch didn't have the ability to "remember" what materials went into them.
-edit Seems I may be wrong based on Raguel's response below. I hear a lot of "i didnt get any mats back" from people dismantling old structures though.

Blades, bats, etc. being rare kind of relegates weaponcrafting to medium handles and nails (spiked clubs) for any means to level up.

If the resources stay as is then I don't think a skill cap would be warranted, as your ability to make "everything" will be severly limited to the logistics of hundreds of items which you don't have ready access to. The ability to make all sorts of items will be dependent on actual gameplay (travelling to scavenge or trading with others) not just digging through your tons of pre-sorted mats in your baskets. The ability to make a set of items with a specific bonus is going to be a real chore and the items will have real value above and beyond the work it took to spam 10000 spiked clubs, etc.

The balance pendelum has swung all the way back to favor tribes again. A homesteader without exhorbitant amounts of free time is going to find it very difficult to gather up a decent amount of the various rares needed or wanted to make many "good" items.

As it should be. You can't expect to be able to do anything in one day. Neither can tribes, so they work together on getting there faster. A homesteader can't do that and shouldn't be able to be as quick as tribes.

NorCalGooey
07-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Can still only learn new arch recipes each level up. This should be changed. It's like you are rewarding us less for being high level. Because each level takes longer, each new recipe takes longer...even though we are in the process of mastering the skill not getting worse at it.

Added after 10 minutes:

Dismantling buildings/walls from before the patch = no mats back. Needs a fix.

Drevar
07-02-2011, 02:02 PM
As it should be. You can't expect to be able to do anything in one day. Neither can tribes, so they work together on getting there faster. A homesteader can't do that and shouldn't be able to be as quick as tribes.

I just hope it doesn't end up like at the game's start. Those in tribes blew through the content so fast that they got bored and stopped playing when there was nothing left to achieve. It is mainly the homesteaders who couldn't do everything in one day that stuck around.

NorCalGooey
07-02-2011, 02:11 PM
I just hope it doesn't end up like at the game's start. Those in tribes blew through the content so fast that they got bored and stopped playing when there was nothing left to achieve. It is mainly the homesteaders who couldn't do everything in one day that stuck around.

How can you say that? We are one of the most active tribes and we still aren't even close to blowing through content.

The content is us creating stuff. Hopefully some sort of conflict content will come in very soon....

And that sorry excuse of a tribe lands Hopi has built, they have no excuse to say they blew through the content. Again, the content is what we make with the tools provided. It's almost limitless, not one single tribe has anywhere close to a completed city at this point in time...and I mean if th ey were to REALLY work at it and make it grand...not just leave 100s of square meters of grass laying around with NOTHING on it. Rebuilding civilization isn't rebuilding tents and calling it a day....

Willowhawk
07-02-2011, 05:42 PM
What I have been seeing is the White Fir trees seem to have sprouted too many branches. They down to the ground like you said, but they are also extremely densely packed with branches. We have two trees on our tribe land and they are smothering half of our camp. You can't see through them.

VeryWiiTee
07-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Kill them then :)?

The bag not appearing has been fixed..

L0rd0fIvIetal
07-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Kill them then :)?

The bag not appearing has been fixed..its pretty hard to cut them if u cant find where the freaking branches stop and the tree begins :)

NorCalGooey
07-02-2011, 11:03 PM
What I have been seeing is the White Fir trees seem to have sprouted too many branches. They down to the ground like you said, but they are also extremely densely packed with branches. We have two trees on our tribe land and they are smothering half of our camp. You can't see through them.

All white firs are now instant KoS. :D

Added after 50 minutes:

Relating to issues.

You can build a fire, but it won't light up if it is placed on top of a mason stone floor and under a roof.

I think it might be mason stone floors or just floors in general that fires do not work on.

Added after 10 minutes:

Fires work after a re log.

Willowhawk
07-02-2011, 11:15 PM
its pretty hard to cut them if u cant find where the freaking branches stop and the tree begins :)
LOL yeah you have to stand back a ways, point in the direction of the tree and walk forward hoping you hit the tree. Then Chop away. hmmm I can't accidentally chop down my Chieftain tent can I? :p

NorCalGooey
07-03-2011, 02:07 AM
CANNOT stack more than 1 resource on Mason Stone Floor (any floor?). Always says "Unable to place object." Please test this yourself as it is hard to explain. I used short logs and grass to test it.

Kablmai
07-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Small metal plates, knife blades, and saw blades have been impossible for my partner and I to find.

We've tried multiple trash piles over about 5 hrs last night.

Will give it another go tonight and travel further but it's pretty rough on us two newbies. Don't want to use the saw too much until we can make a spare one otherwise we will be stuffed unable to craft the tools we need.

It's frustrating cause we can't even start on building up our homestead for fear of breaking the saw.

/end rant

MrDDT
07-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Small metal plates are very common. I have tons of them.
Knife blades yes, I agree very rare.
Old Saw blades are super rare now.

They are working on loot tables.