PDA

View Full Version : Most problems can be fixed if these are added

KeithStone
07-03-2011, 12:36 AM
IMO this should be the road map for the next several months or however long it takes.

1. Revert back to making players select 1 craft skill and not have access to every craft.
2. Proper Alignment System.
3. Totem Decay.
4. Travel by mount.
5. Ability to carry large amounts of product by wagon or pack animal.
6. Abiltiy to sell when not online. (Quest totem is broken and unusable)
7. Canteen for carrying extra water.
8. Ranged combat.
9. Buildings with storage slots based on building size. (Give them better purpose, end the clutter from bins)
10. Tribe Wars/Allies/conquer other totems

NorCalGooey
07-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Quick and to the point. I like it and MOST these changes don't exactly seem difficult to code.

But you forgot skill decay. #1 IMO. Not one craft skill, but only able to level up a few craft skills due to decay. Then have the best recipes at high levels, so you MUST maintain your skills to keep making the best stuff.

Problem lies within most recipes being low level and not enough of them being 90-100 recipes.

I don't mind bins, but we need something much larger and able to have categories. Like a vault with 500 slots, can be divided into sets of 20 max categories at 25 slots a piece or anywhere in between that and 500 slots of 1 category.

Categories can be labeled :D

This is really basic stuff that actually causes a lot of players who don't like wasting time to quit. Right now, the current storage system is EXTREMELY TEDIOUS

Rudder
07-03-2011, 05:27 AM
Being able to label bins would be a good quick fix to the storage problem. Mounts are not really needed in this game AT THIS TIME. When Animal Training goes live it would really be a big help when we can use the dogs to pull a Travois.

Since this is a kinda reality game mounts will open up a very big can of worms:
Vet to take care of injured animals;
feed bags;
tack for animal control;
improved AI since most animals currently in game balk at downed trees, unlevel terrain, and water;
farriers to install the horseshoes we keep finding;
brushes and curry combs;
Gravity Dynamic will be severely affected due to rider being higher than the mount when ascending hills and mountains.

OR enable BEARS to be used as a mount - tame when a cub and able to be ridden when adult - bears can take care of themselves.

NorCalGooey
07-03-2011, 11:08 AM
I like bears as a standard mount. Maybe horses will be rare to find because bears eat them, but they will exist too. Rare enough that you know if someone has a horse they worked hard to get it.

Niburu
07-03-2011, 11:51 AM
I aggree to that list, maybe i wouldn't aggree if the desync wasn't so horrible and the game would be playable

MrDDT
07-03-2011, 03:38 PM
IMO this should be the road map for the next several months or however long it takes.

1. Revert back to making players select 1 craft skill and not have access to every craft.
3. Totem Decay.
4. Travel by mount.
8. Ranged combat.
9. Buildings with storage slots based on building size. (Give them better purpose, end the clutter from bins)

This list will fix very few problems. Not even close to most, and likely add a ton of other problems.

Liquidblade
07-05-2011, 12:06 PM

3. Totem Decay.
4. Travel by mount.
8. Ranged combat.

1. Im not sure I like the idea of one craft, that puts barriers for hermits. Perhaps picking one skill where you learn recipes by crafting and the other skills you have to learn from a person that is a master crafter? And in order to learn the recipes you would have to have them be thought by a master crafter and so on. This would open trading with other tribes and such. ALso dont make it so easy to lvl skills.

Everything else I agree with.

you can also add to that list:

-Crafting: deeper, brighter colors.
-Crafting: Metal Armors? I love to make a nice suit of plate Mail!!! dyed Black!
-Tribe: mail system: I want to talk to our members when I am not on or they play at different times.
-In game mail. Eliminate whispering. Players should travel to see friends. or at least until walkie talkies or cell phones are out :)
-Tribe: showing last time a player was on.
-Chat: Area (Tribe area and few hundred feet around) Local ( Zone only: uses energy to shout) and Region (Zone: Uses extreme amount of energy to shout or need some sort of amplifier?)

VeryWiiTee
07-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Is the Quest totem broken?.. Lol no it isn't. It's quest not an auction house.
- The basic get this, do that and be rewarded with this.

Introduce an Auction House system accessed from the totem for now.
- Let Auction houses connect up to 3-6 zones away. (this can be expanded with architecture AH's with increased distances.)
- People need to physically travel to get the items they bartered/bought.
- Let people decide what resources/materials they'd like for their Auctioned item (that will make it easier for players to trade)
- Create a mail box that is linked to the Auction House. Whenever you buy something from another player, the mailbox will hold the item until the buyer comes by to pick it up.
- You cannot use the Auction House without first having a mail box planted.

MrDDT
07-05-2011, 01:52 PM
- The basic get this, do that and be rewarded with this.

Introduce an Auction House system accessed from the totem for now.
- Let Auction houses connect up to 3-6 zones away. (this can be expanded with architecture AH's with increased distances.)
- People need to physically travel to get the items they bartered/bought.
- Let people decide what resources/materials they'd like for their Auctioned item (that will make it easier for players to trade)
- Create a mail box that is linked to the Auction House. Whenever you buy something from another player, the mailbox will hold the item until the buyer comes by to pick it up.
- You cannot use the Auction House without first having a mail box planted.

Sounds good ONLY if they add the mail box with the system.

Book
07-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Sounds good ONLY if they add the mail box with the system.

yes, though the mail box in that system isn't actually mailing a single thing right? It's more like an escrow box used to hold items... and then there's the question of payment. Why not have the auction be an automated posting system so deals can be made, but the trade itself still needs to be made in person?

If some kind of escrow box is made, I'd propose having a finite time limit on the trade. Otherwise people could just lock up my goods in that box without ever picking it up.

Not sure I can fully envision how an auction house will work in a bartering economy though. It's fairly easy with a currency, but bartering leaves sooo many options for potential deals doesn't it? Just think it may need to be somewhat open-ended with the finer details of closing the deal winding up requiring personal communication.

What about Trade Chests? You put items in there that you would be willing to trade, others can see what's in there and make an offer?

MrDDT
07-05-2011, 02:31 PM
yes, though the mail box in that system isn't actually mailing a single thing right? It's more like an escrow box used to hold items... and then there's the question of payment. Why not have the auction be an automated posting system so deals can be made, but the trade itself still needs to be made in person?

If some kind of escrow box is made, I'd propose having a finite time limit on the trade. Otherwise people could just lock up my goods in that box without ever picking it up.

Not sure I can fully envision how an auction house will work in a bartering economy though. It's fairly easy with a currency, but bartering leaves sooo many options for potential deals doesn't it? Just think it may need to be somewhat open-ended with the finer details of closing the deal winding up requiring personal communication.

What about Trade Chests? You put items in there that you would be willing to trade, others can see what's in there and make an offer?

Yes the way I was looking at it was more like a bank box, or safe box. The person would get a to access that safe box only after paying it. It could also work on a totem, in the current totem system.

Key here, is NO magic transport, only thing that is being shown would be price, and listed item. Then someone could buy it, and come pick it up, or have it delivered.

Next key that Book is talking about is simply the players access each others stuff like a distant trade, and each put in the resources. Then they agree. Once its agreed each can access the others vaults once they get to the location.
Problem with that is one player couldnt bring the goods with him. Because it would already be in the vault. But Im sure there are ways to work around it.

Rudder
07-07-2011, 03:52 AM
IMHO if an auction house is implemented the gold farmers would then have a way in to start making money from another game. One good way to combat this would enact the rule of tribal leaders only can access the auction house, with solo players electing a solo player rep , and clan leaders electing a clan leader rep.

Limiting people to only one craft Might work; but then you would need that auction house. As a ToolCrafter I'm finding that I need to rely on myself for the materials I need since there is not a message system in game yet.

MrDDT
07-07-2011, 09:20 AM
IMHO if an auction house is implemented the gold farmers would then have a way in to start making money from another game. One good way to combat this would enact the rule of tribal leaders only can access the auction house, with solo players electing a solo player rep , and clan leaders electing a clan leader rep.

Limiting people to only one craft Might work; but then you would need that auction house. As a ToolCrafter I'm finding that I need to rely on myself for the materials I need since there is not a message system in game yet.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

First I dont agree with any of that.

Second is, isnt there a message system in game? /w name text. Works.

VeryWiiTee
07-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Yes, the mailbox is to be seen as an escrow box.
It will only function as a box for people to collect their items, nothing else. I just thought of mailbox because that would be an obvious symbol most people would be able to recognize from other MMO games. It could just as well be a box found on the ground or a chest (designs can variate).

The only problem and check you need to put up is 'It must be in an area accessible to outsiders'. Which means the auction house idea won't be easy to implement.

The problems with letting the Totem Pole be the pick up area is some tribes might close off the totem pole to outsiders in order to combat this (people wouldn't be able to gather their rightfully bought items.) a 'mailbox is placed outside of the tribe area (possibly) or inside the tribe area in an accessible area for outsiders.

You also receive messages when you get a skill up/stat up. If you don't find anything when using an ability, if you fail a craft, if you succeed a craft, if you find an item.. We could use some more functions. Like being able to properly copy + pasta or being able to make text macros.

Liquidblade
07-07-2011, 01:25 PM
People are gonna exploit games for money regardless. Once the game has established some sort of economical system, those people will be here collecting stashes of coin to sell online. I just want to be able to communicate with tribe members that play at different times or friends that play at different times, and honestly only letters should be allowed not coin or items. Make it a little harder for those trying to sell coin or items online, if people will buy items they would have to travel a long ways to get the stuff.

Bizley
07-07-2011, 01:54 PM
If Xsyon continues to charge the starting amount that it does without the option of a free trial and bans abusers of the system to the extent that Darkfall does, we won't have too much of a problem.

Rudder
07-07-2011, 03:00 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about.

First I dont agree with any of that.

Second is, isnt there a message system in game? /w name text. Works.

It doesn't matter to me if you agree with anything or anyone.

While Chat can be seen as a message system, it is not persistent. What I'm suggesting is something on the order of an in-game mailbox menu that is accessed via the middle section of a Totem.

I seem to remember talk of a trial that placed the trial players on a different server than live - the gold sellers would absolutely hate that since it would make their disposable accounts meaningless.

My own opinion of games like MO and DF is I really don't care to play with Elves, Dwarves, and the like in a fantasy setting.

MrDDT
07-07-2011, 04:29 PM
If Xsyon continues to charge the starting amount that it does without the option of a free trial and bans abusers of the system to the extent that Darkfall does, we won't have too much of a problem.

I agree, I dont think it would be much of a problem at all.

It doesn't matter to me if you agree with anything or anyone.

While Chat can be seen as a message system, it is not persistent. What I'm suggesting is something on the order of an in-game mailbox menu that is accessed via the middle section of a Totem.

I seem to remember talk of a trial that placed the trial players on a different server than live - the gold sellers would absolutely hate that since it would make their disposable accounts meaningless.

My own opinion of games like MO and DF is I really don't care to play with Elves, Dwarves, and the like in a fantasy setting.

What does elves and dwarves have to do with gold sellers?

How would this mail be delivered?

KeithStone
11-01-2011, 07:52 AM

I know this is an old post but it's still relevant.

What I mean by broken is the scroll button doesn't work when you have to many quests on your totem and if someone takes your quest and never completes you can't cancel it to get your stuff back.

These 2 things would at least let us use the quest system until something else is put in.