PDA

View Full Version : Feedback Request: Test Server Disconnects and Lag

Xsyon
07-04-2011, 05:51 PM
If you have been experiencing disconnects or the main server, please come to the test server and cross zones to see if you still disconnect, or if our changes have fixed this problem.

Please post your feedback here.

Thanks!

mcgwier
07-04-2011, 06:08 PM
I didn't disconnect but when I logged out it froze my computer. Have no idea if this is related though

NorCalGooey
07-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Disconnected after crossing from 904 to 901. It was somewhere in the middle of 901 too. About 15-20 minutes.

VeryWiiTee
07-04-2011, 06:47 PM
I didn't see any disconnection and I ran through 4 zones. 823 -> 903 -> 904 (half way into it)
I am not able to sort anything. When I sort I just get a huge amount of nothingness from the scrap item I gathered (this goes for both servers)
Trees collision range has vastly increased.. I'm being blocked 2-4 meters away from them by an invisible wall.

Xsyon
07-04-2011, 07:36 PM
When I sort I just get a huge amount of nothingness from the scrap item I gathered (this goes for both servers)
Trees collision range has vastly increased.

Are you having this problem with all bundles on both servers? Are these newly gathered or old bundles, or both?

Thanks!

VeryWiiTee
07-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Newly gathered bundles only (we only had an old metal scrap pile left and it wasn't a problem
On either server I can't seem to get any kind of item from any kind of bundle regardless of where I am or what scrapyard I'm taking them from.

Live server:
This started with only applying to my own scrapyard just outside my safe area. I couldn't scavenge metal or leather on it (the pile don't have it I think.), but cloth and plastic was easy to bundle, sort and scavenge for.
(I was able to get metal and leather from other scrapyards a good half a kilometer away from my safe area and sort it too with items to follow).
On top of this I'm not able to get any kind of Large Metal Plate from any kind of metal bundles (makes certain crafts incredibly tough with their frequent use of these)

Edit: So far it only applies to the scrapyard close to me.
Edit 2: With GuideMihr we were able to test a bit more. We were able to gather and sort metal or leather in the Jacks Territory but we didn't gain materials from it, but as soon as you stepped into Genoa you were able to gather and sort for materials.

Test server:
On the test server the problem expanded to all scrapyards and all bundles.
Edit: Applies to all scrapyards I've been in contact with.

I'll be testing scrapyards in other areas on the live server too and will update if they don't provide anything.

Liquidblade
07-05-2011, 02:32 PM
disconnected running from east corner to totem

Xsyon
07-05-2011, 05:19 PM
VeryWiiTee,

It turns out that your scrapyard is in a green mist territory, which wasn't assigned any objects yet. We did have an improperly loading distribution table on the test server yesterday as well (but that's been fixed already). This should be entirely resolved with our next small update.

VeryWiiTee
07-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Green Mist? No, we consider ourself juust on the other side of the mist. (The river really do make the difference xD)

How come some resources worked and some didn't then?.. Strange. Oh well, so long it's is going to be fixed.

Xsyon
07-05-2011, 07:14 PM
The test server is back up and the global channel should be working. Use /y to start a global yell.

A few Guides will be logging in to teleport players if needed to help check things out. I look forward to the feedback!

VeryWiiTee
07-06-2011, 02:38 AM
I can say that;

There is still no leather or metal near the scrapyards in Jacks (823-863) on the test server.
It does, however, seem that you have been able to add more items to plastic scrap (rubber stuff suddenly turned up :P) and cloth works as well :).

Off to find an animal to test a bit on :).