PDA

View Full Version : state of Xsyon ?

CrazyMoe
07-13-2011, 03:19 AM
I haven't played in months. How is Xsyon doing these days ?

Dweetybyrd
07-13-2011, 12:10 PM
id say the amount of responses to your question speaks for itself, lol.

MrDDT
07-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Dev is going to put out a state of the game today.
Else I would have replied before. He is going to put out his plans on doing things. Tons of stuff should be in it today.

VeryWiiTee
07-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Playerbase wise, the game isn't doing great.

Game wise the game is picking up the pace I should think.

Don't trust the forums. There can be loads of reasons why people don't respond (though in this case it is playerbase problems..)

fatboy21007
07-13-2011, 09:54 PM
http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/7280-Xsyon-In-Development <--------------------------- state of the game.

vorticon013
07-14-2011, 10:01 PM
So basically, the whole game is in developement. great.

meissner61
07-14-2011, 10:07 PM
So basically, the whole game is in developement. great.
There are many features still in development, and there always will be - But i think that the core of the game is in and for those of us who like this type of gameplay its not too hard to have some fun

PrinceReaper
07-15-2011, 04:30 AM
not many pepole are willing to pay for a game in its current state.

VeryWiiTee
07-15-2011, 07:33 AM
As I see it this game will never stop being under development.
- I'm of the same opinion btw, most of the core of a game is in and working'ish. There is a few tweaks and balances needed, but there will always be tweaks and balance needed so..

If people don't want to pay for the game, then don't. Shouldn't be that hard to not do it :).

Mactavendish
07-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Once there are enough things working that can keep folks occupied...
( because after all, what is any game but a series of tasks that you enjoy performing that keep you entertained )

I feel sure they will do a bit of advertisement, and those players out there that enjoy what this game offers will pour in.

I can tell you from experience, that there are many players that would love this game in its current form if they knew more about it.

I played one game for years that is similar to this one, and knew others that also were willing to stick to playing it through multiple company changing hands, nerfs, complete changes to classes and removal of key features, and yet.. they continued to play because...

It entertained them. and this game today STILL has thousands of active players. I don't play it anymore, because xsyon even in it's current state is better and will become MUCH better.

What Xsyon does is vastly better that that game, since it does allow terraforming and the building is better, pvp is allowed, and it is not another tired rehash of the over saturated fantasy genre.

This game may not be what many, shoot, even most players want. But there IS a good number of players out there that will enjoy this game for what it is.

Only suggestions I have are continue the improvements that you have said you are working on, and give players some repeatable series of tasks that they will find enjoyable. Like Zombies, or rampaging mutant bears that wander into active camps to wreak havoc!

If that is about to happen in game, Please disregard the suggestions :)

MrDDT
07-15-2011, 03:48 PM
This game may not be what many, shoot, even most players want. But there IS a good number of players out there that will enjoy this game for what it is.

I dont know what you mean by "Good number" but I disagree, in its current state this game will drive almost all players away. Very few will stick it out for a month, let alone years in its current state.
Yes the game is getting better, and yes the game has huge hopes and dreams. But don't confuse that with the current state of the game, or the state it was released in.

The player base in this game is soooo low. We are lucky to see 100 people online at any one time, and I bet that's best at peak times. Normally its likely under 60 people.

Archangei
07-16-2011, 12:24 AM
Im waiting, but i keep checking in everyonce in a while because at heart i really want to play it but i dont want to burn myself on grinds atm id rather there be tons of stuff than just a few.

But im rather patient:)

VeryWiiTee
07-16-2011, 12:29 PM
I dont know what you mean by "Good number" but I disagree, in its current state this game will drive almost all players away. Very few will stick it out for a month, let alone years in its current state.
Yes the game is getting better, and yes the game has huge hopes and dreams. But don't confuse that with the current state of the game, or the state it was released in.

The player base in this game is soooo low. We are lucky to see 100 people online at any one time, and I bet that's best at peak times. Normally its likely under 60 people.

I got to admit that I have to disagree with you.
Not on the game state, I'm quite aware that it isn't the best, still I believe it has a lot more to offer than equal trivial gaming in other games.
- I find World of Warcraft even more boring than this and with a lot less to offer me than Xsyon has.

I'd also rather agree Mactavendish. I think you underestimate people quite a lot and what they want to play. Sure the majority would not like to play Xsyon in its current state or even with it completely polished. That is the reality for most if not all sandbox games. Even games as Darkfall suffers under this.

MrDDT
07-16-2011, 01:14 PM
I got to admit that I have to disagree with you.
Not on the game state, I'm quite aware that it isn't the best, still I believe it has a lot more to offer than equal trivial gaming in other games.
- I find World of Warcraft even more boring than this and with a lot less to offer me than Xsyon has.

I'd also rather agree Mactavendish. I think you underestimate people quite a lot and what they want to play. Sure the majority would not like to play Xsyon in its current state or even with it completely polished. That is the reality for most if not all sandbox games. Even games as Darkfall suffers under this.

You are also a fanboi and wont see any thing else until the game shuts down. Even then likely say its because of an act of god that it had to or something.

Mac is saying there is a "good number" of people playing and liking the game. That's just a bold face lie.
Darkfall is far from polished, its almost as far as Xsyon is. So saying its polished at all is a joke.

Yes sandboxes are not going to work on many of the gamers that are used to AION, and WOW. But clearly the very very few people playing Xsyon means its Xsyon that has a problem not because of players, and saying it has a "good number" of people is as I said before a lie.

Agree with him all you want. Fanboi's refuse to see facts. Fact, server pop is under 100 people. Its meant to have 1000s of people.

VeryWiiTee
07-16-2011, 05:10 PM
I don't believe in God, so that might be a bit tough. (Another time, G is his name.. it's supposed to be written with a capital G unless you want to offend christians.)

I don't see why you can play 10+ hrs, obviously what seems to be a waste of your time as you never seem to be happy about anything in the game that should wonder what you are doing in a game like this, instead of accusing me of being a fanboi as I hardly bother to even spend 10hrs a day playing Xsyon let alone think of playing 10hrs, No?

Why can't you just accept the fact that some actually like the game, including yourself, or excuse me, but you are wasting hours, days and years of your life (not that I would be surprised really.)

So go ahead call me fanboi for actually enjoying a game. At least I'm not wasting time biggering how I dislike the virtual pixels on my screen.

vorticon013
07-16-2011, 06:09 PM
I do really Really (capital R and all) want to like this game. I would love to enter into it with open heart and play as I would a survivor in the wastes trying to rebuild civillization.

The tools, however; are not there or else they are not very well concieved (my opinion I know). The mind numbing tasks just are not fun. The game is not in a playable state; as in a game that will be fun to play. This is pretty hard to rationaly refute.

I am currently in a negative mood with this game because of its slow plodding developement. Seems like "they" try and fix something just have to turn around and fix it again, but I digress. Don't much care about the politics or what is going on with the company, I judge it with what the game shows me when I turn it on. I paid money, give me what was promised.

Everyone here wants to love the game, thats why we're here, just wanted to point that out.

MrDDT
07-16-2011, 06:45 PM
I don't believe in God, so that might be a bit tough. (Another time, G is his name.. it's supposed to be written with a capital G unless you want to offend christians.)

I don't see why you can play 10+ hrs, obviously what seems to be a waste of your time as you never seem to be happy about anything in the game that should wonder what you are doing in a game like this, instead of accusing me of being a fanboi as I hardly bother to even spend 10hrs a day playing Xsyon let alone think of playing 10hrs, No?

Why can't you just accept the fact that some actually like the game, including yourself, or excuse me, but you are wasting hours, days and years of your life (not that I would be surprised really.)

So go ahead call me fanboi for actually enjoying a game. At least I'm not wasting time biggering how I dislike the virtual pixels on my screen.

Fanboi's are people with blind faith in the game. Stating things like they are fact that all is well in game when they are not. Im 100% sure you do like the game. Im very happy for you. Clearly MOST people dont like the game. Even people currently playing MOST are waiting for the game to get better, they are playing it because they want to be ready for the changes and also learn the game, or maybe help others out to learn the game. I'm sure they have their reasons.
But saying the game has a "good number" of people is just a lie, and really misleading people looking to play the game.

I'm here not because of the current state, the current state is boring and lacking in so many ways. I'm here to get a grasp of the game, give ideas on how to make it better, help out with testing/reporting bugs/exploits, and help new players get used to the game.

You wont see me saying "Yes this is the best game ever, Im having a blast", there are some things about it that are fun and keep me busy, but its nothing as what it should be.

Mactavendish
07-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Here again you go on and on spinning things your way and you didn't even read what I actually typed... here let me quote myself ...

"This game may not be what many, shoot, even most players want. But there IS a good number of players out there that will enjoy this game for what it is."

Never claims is was polished, ready for prime time, or even has all its promised features but did say that after more improvements, many players out there WILL enjoy it for what it is. Maybe YOU should learn how to read.

The truly sad thing here, is your arrogance will not let you believe anyone else enjoys this game, nor do you want anyone else to. Then you stoop to abusive speech to one of my tribe members ( a female player ) almost making her quit over what you said.

Now don't tell me you love this game... you love YOUR idea for this game and are angry any anyone that does not share it.

I especially get your goat, because I won't give you the attention you want, as is evidenced by your incessant need to bait me into an argument.

I have a 15 yr old member with much more class and maturity than you have ever shown here. I keep adding new members to my tribe by being kind, helpful, informative, not by dominance, abuse or lies.

From now on, you are on ignore by me anywhere you can communicate.

PrinceReaper
07-16-2011, 11:34 PM
Release population wasn't that big so I highly doubt there is a larger population then release right now.

L0rd0fIvIetal
07-17-2011, 12:26 AM
Release population wasn't that big so I highly doubt there is a larger population then release right now.

there is barely any 1 around its boring as hell no 1 to talk to nothing to do but grind skills so to sum it up its a single player game where u grind and grind and grind wait i think i left something out oh yeah GRIND

Rudder
07-17-2011, 12:30 AM
I can explore in Peace not worrying about someone stealing my pants

VeryWiiTee
07-17-2011, 05:41 AM
I know for a fact that MrDDT have stopped many of the Lux Arcana members from bothering to read up on the Xsyon forums because of his constantly negative attitude when someone is enjoying themselves. I also know that it is types like him that in general gets people to stay away from forums.

I'm not blindly defending this game, if you'd bother to read through posts you'd find annoyance as well, but no I'm not screaming like a strucked pig everytime something fucks up. It's called having patience and I've realized a loong time ago this firm just isn't big enough to deliver any kind of patch that is going to make it all better in one hit. You guys obviously haven't.. Yet. Hopefully you will and start to have patience.

Mactavendish
07-17-2011, 07:58 AM
LOM... just because a player has been here longer does not entitle him to be abusive to other players. This is a game and we are ONLY entitled to what the game is, not what we deem it should be. This is a very hard concept for a few here to grasp.

I paid 40 bucks to get this game, where as ddt did not. nor does he pay 15 bucks every month like I do. YOU need to think on the fact that as a guest tester of xsyon, his responsibility is to to test, not run players off. That is what he is obligated to do for the free accounts he has. If anything, he should be very professional in his conduct in SUPPORT of the game, not tell folks they should quit, complain constantly over every little nit picky thing, and specifically target players for abuse.

To defend him after so many others has clearly stated their feelings about his actions, shows that you are either his pal, or are clueless as to the facts.

You sound like you are speaking for him, with your defense of things that he has actually said to other players.

I to am not blind to the games problems, like lack of fun things to do to keep players occupied WHILE they do the tweaking and fixing that is needed. I have said this all along, but just not like some kid throwing a tantrum.

MrDDT
07-17-2011, 08:21 AM
I dont see how Im abusing people.
Ive helped many people learn the game and try to enjoy themselves. I think its funny, that you scream at me when I play the way I want, you scream at me when I play the way you want. You guys are upset with the game, and Im just here pointing out the truths. I understand you want to live in a world where you can lie to yourselves go head and do that, but dont lie to people here on the forums looking at the game to see if they want to play it or not, or the current state its in.

The state of Xsyon is bad really bad. My friends have tried this game and now will never even come back to it. I cant even tell people about it anymore I keep it like a dark secret because of the laughs I get when I tell them I'm playing it because one day it will be great.

Sure you can say "Oh not everyone will like Xsyon" you are 100% correct. But these people I'm talking about are ex-Roma Victor players. Which means they know what kind of game this is, also ex-Wurm Online players. They know what its like to play sandbox games. Xsyon is a dream game for them IF it can be put in like the features list says.

You are right I didnt pay 40$ I paid over 100$. I have more than 1 account, I pay more than 15$ a month. So try not to focus on things you have no idea about.

I tell very few people to quit, if ever. Normally I warn them before they play and give them the FACTS, not false promises. I dont tell them "Hey look at Xsyon, lots of people are having fun" or "Game has a good number of players" Just bold face lies.

I have no clue who this guy is that is trying to defend me I dont need him to defend me, because I dont lie, and I let people know the truth. I dont hold it back. I dont believe Im throwing a tantrum. Im letting people know that this game is still in major progress. Unlike you who is saying "good number" would like the game in its current state is just guessing and lies, if that were the case why have sooooooooooooo many have quit the game? The server population is very bad at best.

fatboy21007
07-17-2011, 10:04 AM
DDT just a day ago i seen your version of help. Gramps said if their were restrictions in crafting he would quit. So instead of giving him the facts about the matter and explaing it to him, You tell him he should just quit the game. Ive been seeing say this to alot of players latley. Also saying abusive things to players ingame and the fourms/irc, does not help the game. And the game does have atleast 100+ ingame. Thing is they are not talking because the majority of them. Will not talk in global, because they seen you tear down any1 who does try too. MrDDT you are clearly burnt out on Xsyon, and its be pretty obvious you have grown a strong hatred to the game because its not meeting your expectations. But still this is things ingame that make the wait worth it. Also mac is pointing out the fact you have a Guest account, Because you started out in Xsyon as a tester , but then went south. And a final note Mrddt, Anygame that does 100-500 is consider successful because that is enough to maintain a small team and the servers. This game was never meant to have 1k+. 500 at max. I would suggest you take a very long break or leave the game entirely. Because you will keep taking ur agression out on every1 if you dont. That is if your not banned by then.

GuideRaguel
07-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Ok, enough is enough with this.

This has gone way off topic and has now become a thread about targeting player/s.
Please continue these conversations in private messages.

Thank you.