PDA

View Full Version : The nightmare for Game Companies

Rudder
07-15-2011, 11:14 PM
This company has been doing a real bang up job - But now the politicians have thrown a wrench into any company with an Internet business. The nightmare for Game Companies can be found inside a Nexus-Discovery questionnaire. It appears that all the NEXUS states have similar discovery methods.

Example State - Arkansas

11. Does the business rent or lease tangible personal property to others who then use the property in Arkansas Y N

12. Does the business license intangible personal property for use in Arkansas Y N

35. Does the business license computer software for use in Arkansas Y N

40. During the last three years, what were your primary Arkansas business activities? Please attach requested information.

46. Does the business regularly market their products or services to Arkansas residents? Y N If yes, please describe the marketing method and give the start date if it has been going on in Arkansas less than 6 years. Attach additional pages in which to document requested information.

Currently 9 states have Internet sales tax legislation already on the book's
(Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island and South Dakota.), with another 6 considering the same (Arizona, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico and Vermont).

L0rd0fIvIetal
07-15-2011, 11:32 PM
lol america should stop spending money they dont have this new tax is to help them raise the borrowing limit they have. im so glad i dont live in a country that doesnt give a shit about its ppl.

MrDDT
07-16-2011, 07:51 AM
Can we move this crap to off topic?

Rudder
07-16-2011, 09:58 AM
These taxes are what a majority of the states want - They don't have to provide services to Internet companies and are tapping into free money. These taxes have nothing to do with raising a debt ceiling as that is being worked on by a bunch of freeloaders in Washington DC.

This post IS NOT off topic. These new taxes are an added distraction and money-sink for Notorious Games.

lol america should stop spending money they dont have this new tax is to help them raise the borrowing limit they have. im so glad i dont live in a country that doesnt give a shit about its ppl.

It's always easy for other countries to attack the policies of the US - But here's something to think about - Billions of people want to come to America.

Willowhawk
07-16-2011, 05:41 PM
lol america should stop spending money they dont have this new tax is to help them raise the borrowing limit they have. im so glad I dont live in a country that doesn't give a shit about its ppl.

You are missing a very important part of why they are doing this. States and local governments have lost revenues and continue to lose more each year to internet sales. Not only do local markets and economies suffer losses that now go to other states or countries, but the local tax revenues have fallen as well, so cities and states lose.

I believe the figure for the last Christmas Holiday shopping season was 40% of sales were on line and that figure grows each year. This is a huge loss for local merchants, and a huge loss for local tax revenues.

I for one do not mind paying the sales tax for purchases I make as long as the taxes are local taxes. The tax should be based on "Where" the buyer is located. This will also discourage people from buying online rather than buying from the local mom and pop shop because they can save a few bucks on taxes.

Added after 13 minutes:

Can we move this crap to off topic?
To ask to have a post moved to "Off topic" is reasonable, but calling it crap is frankly unnecessary, but so very characteristically Mr.DDT. I for one have avoiding the forum lately because I am tired of MrDDt's constant negativity, self important know it all, pompous, demeaning attitude toward everything that he does not agree with. Not to mention the one of the biggest spammers I have ever seen on a forum. Get over yourself Mr. DDT yours is just one opinion among many.

MrDDT
07-16-2011, 06:46 PM
To ask to have a post moved to "Off topic" is reasonable, but calling it crap is frankly unnecessary, but so very characteristically Mr.DDT. I for one have avoiding the forum lately because I am tired of MrDDt's constant negativity, self important know it all, pompous, demeaning attitude toward everything that he does not agree with. Not to mention the one of the biggest spammers I have ever seen on a forum. Get over yourself Mr. DDT yours is just one opinion among many.

When people have to resort to personal attacks, clearly you can see they are the ones with issues.

Jadzia
07-16-2011, 07:38 PM
I have to agree with you...I've been avoiding posting on the forum lately for the exact same reason. It's sad to see that one player is able keep others away from constructive discussions simply by his negativity and aggressive posting style.

China
07-16-2011, 08:52 PM
I have to agree with you...I've been avoiding posting on the forum lately for the exact same reason. It's sad to see that one player is able keep others away from constructive discussions simply by his negativity and aggressive posting style.

The exact same reason I quit posting on the Xsyon Forums also. This is my first post in several weeks except for bumping my tribal advertisement the first part of July.

I wonder how many others....

Saorlan
07-17-2011, 07:12 AM
This company has been doing a real bang up job - But now the politicians have thrown a wrench into any company with an Internet business. The nightmare for Game Companies can be found inside a Nexus-Discovery questionnaire. It appears that all the NEXUS states have similar discovery methods.

Example State - Arkansas

11. Does the business rent or lease tangible personal property to others who then use the property in Arkansas Y N

12. Does the business license intangible personal property for use in Arkansas Y N

35. Does the business license computer software for use in Arkansas Y N

40. During the last three years, what were your primary Arkansas business activities? Please attach requested information.

46. Does the business regularly market their products or services to Arkansas residents? Y N If yes, please describe the marketing method and give the start date if it has been going on in Arkansas less than 6 years. Attach additional pages in which to document requested information.

Currently 9 states have Internet sales tax legislation already on the book's
(Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island and South Dakota.), with another 6 considering the same (Arizona, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico and Vermont).

What the F is this post about? Get it deleted already.

Damn rednecks.

Also can we stop with the personal attacks on MrDDT please. Jadzia you are on some kind of crusade or something?

MrDDT
07-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Im just wondering if its ok to start posting political views on the general discussion of a game?

If you guys want, I can start posting mine also about how taxing should work in the USA and other countries, but I believe this should be posted in other forums nothing to do with the game. I guess in a round about way it will effect the game, but so does a butterfly flapping its wings in china.

Willowhawk
07-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Im just wondering if its ok to start posting political views on the general discussion of a game?

Are you going to keep beating this into the ground? Anyone with any common courtesy would have simply asked the moderator to move this to off topic. As I said, it's a reasonable request. However I didn't see anyone claiming that this was the correct thread, or argue about where this post belongs, so why are you continuing to have an argument when no one has disputed this request?

Plus it's really very simple, if you don't want to read it, don't! What's wrong MrDDt is this post taking attention from your forum posts? Oh wait, you managed to hijack this thread anyway didn't you. Which is again the reason people are leaving the forum.

[QUOTE=Saorlan;87324]What the F is this post about? Get it deleted already.

Damn rednecks.[/QUOTE

You request that people stop the personal attacks on Mr. DDT then you VERY personally attack Rudder with that comment? And you expect anyone to listen to you?

MrDDT
07-17-2011, 11:25 AM
Well to the topic at hand, I love the idea of taxing internet items. I believe many people try to get around the tax code by trying to use the net as the way to by pass tax codes. I really would like to see more of this, and I really hope that maybe all this tax funding from the internet can fund projects that will stop email spam, hackers, and other bad things that cause the net to be a bad place to hang out, and do business.

fatboy21007
07-17-2011, 11:57 AM
The thing is , The internet is used by the world and since it is, It cant actually be controled (it can but cant be) taxing it can be good and bad at the same time. It would not stop spam/hackers on the net, as alot of the hackers come from different countrys, So in essence only way to TRULY put a stompin on spammers/hackers is take the united states internet and restrict it to only the usa and not allow any american to access outside the usa. This would be a way to slow them down but also give the gov almost full control over the net n tax it how they want, But then that would hurt alot of gaming companys who may very well take their buisness else where. this good things for a tax such as more money for the enconomy but also alot of bad with it.

MrDDT
07-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Well considering the market that the USA does in gaming, I doubt many companies will just take it other places. We do a large part of the buying power for online gaming. Im sure other countries do a lot also, but USA is one of the top ones.

They can tax it, and there are many other ways than restricting USA internet only. There are taxes and tariffs they can place on to countries that dont follow the rules. This is very common in business, when a country doesnt want to follow standards, they will get tariffs or taxes on imports/exports. Causing them to feel it in other areas. If this tax gives the USA enough money to support this, then it could start a trend with other countries to do the same.
Many countries follow USA business practices over time, and USA standards are very common throughout the world. Even English is becoming the world business language now instead of French.

Added after 22 Hours 32 minutes:

I was reading more about this, and really the more I read the better I like it. Its really going to help this internet problem I think we have in the USA and world. I wish more states would take this on.

Rudder
09-25-2011, 02:26 PM
When people have to resort to personal attacks, clearly you can see they are the ones with issues.

Clearly YOU, MrDDT, are one the one attacking and I'm your wanted victim. Now go TROLL somewhere else.

This IS NOT an off-topic post as this is the public area/general discussion. This post affects how the game we love will be operated in the future.

Due to the NEXUS, Notorious Games now owes sales tax to the NEXUS states for every subscription sold in a NEXUS state. Incorporating in places like delaware no longer work against being taxed as the NEXUS Law was written with the tax haven states in mind.

I have a home-based business and I have to collect sales tax for items sold in the NEXUS states. I was fired as an Affiliate from Amazon simply because I live in Arkansas and Amazon does not want to deal with the paperwork.

MrDDT
09-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Clearly YOU, MrDDT, are one the one attacking and I'm your wanted victim. Now go TROLL somewhere else.

This IS NOT an off-topic post as this is the public area/general discussion. This post affects how the game we love will be operated in the future.

Due to the NEXUS, Notorious Games now owes sales tax to the NEXUS states for every subscription sold in a NEXUS state. Incorporating in places like delaware no longer work against being taxed as the NEXUS Law was written with the tax haven states in mind.

I have a home-based business and I have to collect sales tax for items sold in the NEXUS states. I was fired as an Affiliate from Amazon simply because I live in Arkansas and Amazon does not want to deal with the paperwork.

Sorry you lost your job, but why dont you move if it's that important to you?

I agree with the tax laws, and I think companies will always try to pay a little tax as they legally can. Which I have no problems with, which is why I like to see laws that remove these loop holes so companies have to pay the taxes on these goods.
Then maybe the government wont be as broke as it is now.

GuideRaguel
09-26-2011, 02:29 AM
Please keep this thread on topic as described by the OP's opening post.

Please stop this silly trolling and personal attacks.

Thank you.

Liquidblade
09-26-2011, 04:49 PM
There is no topic... no question or thought was posed by the OP.

The intent and justification of this tax is thoroughly clear.

On what planet are you living that a thread whining about taxation is a topic relevant to the general discussion of Xsyon?

I forgot...Xsyon is tax exempt!!!

MrDDT
09-26-2011, 05:54 PM
I forgot...Xsyon is tax exempt!!!

Problem is that, problem is politics.
Why bring that into the game forums? It should be in off topic if you want to talk about it. I mean everything relates to everything if you are going to use this. This isnt about a debate about moving the company to another country to fund it better due to taxes, its about the OP crying about how tax laws messed up his life and he wants to get the word out.

I mean, should I start talking about abortion because there was an MMO gamer mom that had one? Now that child wont grow up to be an MMO gamer? Come on.

virus_killer
12-13-2011, 11:39 AM

where do u live?i wana move there:))

joexxxz
12-13-2011, 01:02 PM
CAN some one give me a good freaking reason, why should the goverment tax people for playing games online???