PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Week 7/18 through 7/24

GuideRaguel
07-17-2011, 05:49 AM
Post your questions for the Developers below.

Thank you.

MrDDT
07-17-2011, 08:27 AM
What are your plans for AI/Animals? Do you ever expect animals to take groups of people to kill and attack as they are so strong?

mrwooj
07-17-2011, 08:19 PM
It has been mentioned before that when skilling changed there would be a way to reset your skill points. Is this coming soon? I think that it is about time for this feature seeming as there are different skillcaps etc in place now.

Are you working on fixing fullscreen mode? Most people are forced to play windowed mode now due to the way fullscreen mode crashes when you alt-tab back to windows.

It has been mentioned that ladders are coming soon. Have you thought of the possible use of ladders when sieging another tribal area to get over the walls? This might be a cool feature. Maybe they can only be made in tribal lands but can be moved away for seiges. Making them very heavy to carry like logs would make this exciting.

Will we be able to change the terrain near rivers and on rock soon? It is a little annoting that i cannot terraform areas of my own lands due to it being granite.

Architecture is very time consuming and uses large, heavy resourses. Im fine with that, but it is a real letdown that we get no xp from creating buildings etc. When so much time and effort is spent creating things ingame, it should be rewarded with xp, in my opinion. Are you fixing this asap?

Old saw blades are very hard to come by. They are only used to make saws, which is a basic tool. Why have you done this? It seems to me a much better idea for people to be able to get tools made more easily, otherwise crafts that require a saw are at a large disadvantage compared to other crafts. I think this affects the balance between solo player and tribal player.

Are you keeping in mind the players who want to play solo when you are creating all the new content? Yes, we want to create movement around the map and trade and conflict, but can you please consider the ramifications of the new content on solo players before you implement?

VeryWiiTee
07-18-2011, 10:06 AM
1) How many of your actual coding/programming Developer Team does actually have a degree in either Computer Science or Software Programming (and equivalent)?
2) Is the current Xsyon In Development the full extent of the plan for the upcoming 6-8 weeks? Or is that hoping a bit too much :p?
- Just my usual non-game curiosity that shows its face :).
3) It is getting incredibly tiresome to see abandoned totems everywhere and I can only imagine how new players feel when they constantly see these abandoned areas, what are your plans for introducing totem decay?

aliksteel
07-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Is the economic system still going to be left up to the players? Or do you have any plans for a real economic system for the game?

fatboy21007
07-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Can you explain the scheme limits, Are they all trade skills recipes combined limit, or just each trade has it own lock? Also what is the limit for schemes we can have? and how do you plan to add it? ( i know for architecture @ lvl 100 you should be able to 100 recipes, considering the sheer amount of updates you plan to do to arch soon) what is your opnion of learning 1 recipes per level and leting the level limit how many you can learn? When will we see a upgrade totem/remove totem button added for tribes? Do you have any screenshots of the new zones that you are about to open up? Also is the scenary different? Ie, is their old ruins lefts like cars, buildings etc? (i sure hope so) :-) And 1 final question, will we have the ability to make other types of roads?

L0rd0fIvIetal
07-19-2011, 02:14 AM
are you going to make a map and make exploration of the xsyon world better or should i just keep paying you for nothing?

stonedogg1
07-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Are there any further plans for the Masonary skill past the 6 availible recipies? If so, could you elaborate?

(Unrelated) what engine is this game based on OR what programming language is the team using for the game? For that matter - what other programs are being used in the developement of the game?

meissner61
07-19-2011, 07:45 PM
How hard is it to keep up with all of our crazy questions and requests ? :)

fatboy21007
07-20-2011, 12:07 AM
would it be possible for us to be able to make are own custom armors/weapons/buildings and turn them into recipes which can be traded ingame? Say i make a cabin and select the peices needed on the menu and name it cabin and make the recipe and then trade it with other players? Also would it be possible to make signs we can place on the buildings we make and put a name on the sign ( 10 letters or less)?

b_ulam
07-20-2011, 09:47 AM
-Im level 100 Architecture, have only 37 recipes total.

-I was at 60 pefore the patch and so I have more than 2 projects from each of the 7 sets (Scrapper, Scavenger, Bamati, Gadu, Banyana, Pioneer, Masons) as when the new items were added, projects I already knew were renamed and some were filed into each set.

- I do not have any 1 set anywhere close to complete. I do not have any fortress projects.

- I only gained recipes at skill-level-ups, but not at every level up. Ive had up to 8 consectutive skill-level-ups withought gaining a recipe.

Was this how architecture was intended to work?

mrwooj
07-21-2011, 03:11 PM
It has been mentioned that the scheme structures for skills are going to be revised. Many people including myself are dissapointed that they are not getting many new recipes (the big example is Architecture). The way i understand it, these things are going to be fixed. Will these types of fixes be "predated"? What i mean is this...........

Let's say that i have 100 arch and only 28 recipes. You change the rate that new schemes appear so that a new player will now get 50 recipes at 100 arch. This does not help me at all, especially if you only get new schemes as you level the skill.

Will you do something to see how many recipes i have now, how many i should have after arch is fixed, and then have the remainder assigned to my character randomly when the change is implemented?

If you do not do this, the players who are here now, paying the money and investing the time to help smooth out the game problems (such as arch) will be at a large disadvantage. I believe we should not only have the system fixed, but also our own toons fixed in this way.

China
07-21-2011, 06:44 PM
As a female player, I have some gender specific quesions I would like to pose.

1) Does Xsyon have, or future plans to have female specific armor or female specific clothes/grass armor/leather/bone armor recipes? (Personally, I'm tired of looking like a female dressed in boys clothes). If so, what is your timeline?
2) Do you plan in the future or near future to cater to female interests in tatooing, hairstyling or other things that ornament both the female and male character. If so, what is your timeline?

I have more than 5 questions in regards to female players, but I will withold them until your answers to the above. Thank you for your time & consideration of a "small population" in your game.

China

Khalart
07-22-2011, 03:54 AM
1) Can you describe how temperature and weather can influence comfort?

2) Can you describe which stat (energy, thirst, hungry, etc.) and how comfort will influence them?

Thank you very much

aliksteel
07-24-2011, 05:03 AM
When will you have someone write up the lore for Xsyon?

Jadzia
07-24-2011, 05:17 AM
When will you open up new lands ? It was promised for April. It would be nice to see some new territory and to get some new places to settle down and build, the mountain areas are a pain with the current camera control and there are plains in the green mist. I understand that you don't want the players to disperse too much, so don't open 50 new zones at once...but 5 new zones won't hurt.

I've been planning to move to the new lands since launch, so my camp is only temporary, haven't built or terraformed anything. I'd like to know when can I start to build my final camp. Opening up some new zones would help the new players too to find nice spots, good ones are taken in the starting zones.

Riverspirit
07-24-2011, 12:35 PM
I saw a post that said the disconnect issue had been fixed. I get disconnected every time I go down to the river to drink water. Is this supposed to be fixed now?

GuideRaguel Answered:
I will answer as this does not require a Dev answer. It is not fixed on the live server as of yet. It is fixed on the Test server and we are still finalising it, but it should be out fairly soon.

fatboy21007
07-24-2011, 06:22 PM
When will the new scav/recipe tweaks be ingame? ( this is a very imporant game feature and is game breaking in its current state) Also what is your stance on new players wanting to go solo? as the current patch and state seem like they cant and as for trade it is no existant ingame. No matter how much you try to force it. my question is when is these fixs coming and wat are you going to do for solo players as sum do not like to be forced into groups or tribes?