PDA

View Full Version : Yet another new one!

jwelzel
07-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Hello folks, i am intrigued by the features the game offers and I'm downloading as we speak. Killing me though, only getting 130kbs. Steam usually goes for 2.5mbs. Anyway, I've been reading the forums and tutorials, and guides trying to familiarize myself with the game. Just a quick question tho, is there a way to change my forum name? don't understand the reasoning for making my forum name the same name i use to log into the game. Am i just not doing something right? Thanks and hope to see you in game!

Grizzly

NorCalGooey
07-17-2011, 07:26 PM
incoming....DDT has a tribe and hes very very friendly to noobs!

/sarc

jwelzel
07-17-2011, 07:36 PM
i just sent you a pm!!

Added after 8 minutes:

incoming....DDT has a tribe and hes very very friendly to noobs!

/sarc

Think your right tho, MrDDT seems to be exactly what i'm looking for. Thanks for the tip

NorCalGooey
07-17-2011, 07:42 PM
I was joking. I hope you are too. :D

MrDDT
07-17-2011, 07:42 PM
He was being sarcastic, however, it is true we are an open tribe to new players. We help with tools, advice, food etc. Please give me a message on the forums or in game. /w MrDDT text for whispers in game or hit me up with a PM before you make for some advice.

We also use voice chat ventrilo server, but its not required.

Talk to you later.

jwelzel
07-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Well I'm just confused now. Don't know what to think. I've been searching the forums and always see DDT posting letting folks know hes there to help, so i figured he would be a good source. Yes? No? Is it just a trap? Does he lure noobs to his lair so he can take my socks? This is the Apocalypse were talking about. Can never have enough socks.

L0rd0fIvIetal
07-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Well I'm just confused now. Don't know what to think. I've been searching the forums and always see DDT posting letting folks know hes there to help, so i figured he would be a good source. Yes? No? Is it just a trap? Does he lure noobs to his lair so he can take my socks? This is the Apocalypse were talking about. Can never have enough socks.

no they mean that are happy little sheep that go along with whatever mrddt points out the truth and it messes with the sheep mentalaty so if you if u like to close your yeys to the truth stay away from mrddt if you like to know exactly whats going on in xsyon sandbox then mrddt is you friend

MrDDT
07-17-2011, 08:02 PM
A lot of people are unhappy because of how I'm very direct on the forums, and give my opinion. I'm very honest, and trustworthy.
Ive never killed a noob joining my tribe, or leaving it. I have killed many people in game, and some of them happen to be new to the game. Its very hard to tell who is a noob to the game or not, until after I kill them.

But no its not a trap, and I do help a lot of new players understand the game and give them a home, along with all the other things Ive said.

China
07-17-2011, 08:11 PM
Yes, it's true, an experienced player, who has been a member since February 2010 such as MrDDT has a very hard time telling the difference between a new player and a veteran player. Especially since, according to MrDDT there are only 100 + active players in Xsyon. But you know how it is.....the older you get the more senility sets in. :)

jwelzel
07-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Sounds fun! my comment was in no way meant to offend anyone btw, just saw an opportunity to throw out a joke. Been watching Saintbobs video's for a bit now while i wait for xsyon to finish downloading. See ya guys soon.

GuideMihr
07-18-2011, 12:44 AM
Welcome to Xsyon

I hope you enjoy in this new world

C you ingame!

inhabit
07-18-2011, 03:06 AM
Welcome,

Enjoy your adventure whatever path u choose.
Just yell in chat and we will be glad to help u.

Have FUN........:)

NorCalGooey
07-18-2011, 06:21 AM
no they mean that are happy little sheep that go along with whatever mrddt points out the truth and it messes with the sheep mentalaty so if you if u like to close your yeys to the truth stay away from mrddt if you like to know exactly whats going on in xsyon sandbox then mrddt is you friend

Speaking truth about the state of the game and being a dick to people are completely independent from each other.

That and the fact he can't let a post go unquoted by him is why some people seem to dislike him. Has nothing to do with his truthful perception of the games flaws.

Sheep stink but this has nothing to do with the sheep mentality. It's more like "We don't care for improvements, game is fine as is" mentality. However, if people think the game is fine, that is their opinion. They should just know that it is not shared by the vast majority of gamers.

Mactavendish
07-18-2011, 08:47 AM
I do think it very funny that he has to defend his character or his tribe.

If you are doing nothing to be disliked for by a player base, then you have nothing to defend. The mere fact he dies should tell you that some do feel there is a problem.

Oh, and btw I do feel there are many issues with this game, low pop being a major problem, but caused by lack of FUN things to do while folks wait for improvements.

I have infinite patience, but most others do not. I am worried that if we don't get some simple mindless fun things put in very quick, we could well lose those that have held on.

Carts, mutant animals that roam around camps, zombies, and the simple joy of finding something while scav'ing that helps a player directly have fun, is to ME very important things to consider.

Atm, pvp means nothing to me, since whatever is lost as loot to another player, is instantly replaced when you respawn back at camp. Pfft, could care less if I get killed.

MrDDT
07-18-2011, 08:56 AM
No one ever said I was not doing nothing to be disliked.
People like you and Appollo are upset because Ive killed you, and many other reasons. Shouldn't have any effect on new players that join my tribe. Lots of new players are quiet happy with my tribe.

fatboy21007
07-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Actually ddt its not the killing part at all. He is talking about the way you treat others, yes for the moment you are being civil, but you dont stay this way, and you get very aggressive to anyone for no real reason. Beleave that is his point. Welcome to the game OP , i am sorry that you see the community like this, but ddt has made alot of folks angry over the months and they tierd are of it. But if you need a tribe spawn in sugar pines spawn point, type /w fatboy ingame and ill help ya out or if ya wanna go solo your welcome to live in are area. We all welcome any new players. as you heard Population is very low atm, but city building can be alot of fun , but time consuming also. Enjoy your stay.

GuideRaguel
07-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Another thread hijacked.
Come on now survivors, if you have stuff to say to each other please keep it to pm's. New players don't want to see other players whine at each other.
Give new players a chance to find out what other players are like in their own way.

/sigh!