PDA

View Full Version : Alik Steel & Hopi

aliksteel
07-18-2011, 08:24 AM
Months ago I started having things go bad in my life, I'm not going to get into what all was happening, But it did take me away from the game. As I spent more time away from the game I thought to hand over Hopi to members I thought would be best for the tribe. Things did not go so well, Once again I will keep what was going on to myself, But the transfer of power did not go as I had thought. Within weeks of stepping down from leader, I found that I could not stay with Hopi any longer.

This post is for letting people know that I'm not Hopi any more. As I hope to restarting my Xsyon life again, It will be Hopi Free.

This has been a self promoting advertisement that I'm a free agent in-game.:p

Mactavendish
07-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Very nice to hear this Aliksteel!

Stop by Pawnee area down river from hopii right at the waterfall across river from fatboy's place

fiolaja
07-18-2011, 08:58 AM
Good to see you up and around. I sent you a PM.

fatboy21007
07-18-2011, 09:46 AM
indeed very nice to see ya in game now :-)

joexxxz
07-20-2011, 12:42 AM
Hang on there my friend. Being free its not that bad. :)

eric
07-20-2011, 07:58 AM
Just too bad you didn't see the 'light' when Rosso started the Celts. Also too bad he got side-tracked by real life issues aswell :(.

But welcome back to the game Sir :).
I'm certain you will have a good life, now that you've escaped the clutches of the 'new' rulers of Hopii.

Jadzia
07-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Its great to see you back, Alik :)

Mactavendish
07-21-2011, 06:55 AM
You know, we live just down river from Hopii and I NEVER see anyone there.. ever.

To me this is very sad as there are all those little tents and large amount of land totally going to waste.

So much for those "new" rulers.

fatboy21007
07-21-2011, 07:00 AM
i am the new ruler! i ate my wheaties n outlasted them! :-)

Armand
07-25-2011, 04:18 AM
This game is still online? What?

:p

The Hopi community still feels there's nothing to come back to. We all invested multitudes of time and effort into a game that was still years away from a credible launch.

The lot of us who aren't into the current mind numbing gameplay have put Xsyon on standby indefinitely.

fatboy21007
07-25-2011, 08:15 AM
Well i'll be he is still alive ^^ :-P

VeryWiiTee
08-02-2011, 07:24 AM
It's fun 'cos no one is really finding the 'Hopi achievements' any kind of achievements.. at all. They are more like a half-done plan scrambled together at the sound of midnight, most likely because you no longer have your original leader and it was a bit harder running a tribe/guild than originally presumed :)?

MrDDT
08-02-2011, 05:54 PM
It's fun 'cos no one is really finding the 'Hopi achievements' any kind of achievements.. at all. They are more like a half-done plan scrambled together at the sound of midnight, most likely because you no longer have your original leader and it was a bit harder running a tribe/guild than originally presumed :)?

Have you seen the Hopi area? Its really nicely done up, what more would you like them to do before its an "achievement"?

I think this speaks to the core of the issues that most players have left over.

AlexTaldren
08-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Have you seen the Hopi area? Its really nicely done up, what more would you like them to do before its an "achievement"?

I think this speaks to the core of the issues that most players have left over.

Exactly. Nothing against Alik, but he was running the game on a Netbook during the original launches and found himself with very little time to contribute toward the end of his tenure with Hopi. Sure, running a guild can be difficult, but if you ask anyone who was in Hopi during it's prime, they'll tell you it was anything but poorly run. We had a lot of fun and made a lot of friends.

As for our achievements... you can say what you will. We can only work with what is given to us by the game. We built every structure, organized player housing, created a fairly complex arena given the architecture recipes the game made available. Mock us and what we did if you want, but also realize that you mock the collective efforts of over 100 people who enjoyed this game as much as the rest.

Liquidblade
08-14-2011, 10:30 AM
Glad to hear you are coming back. Come over to Legion and check us out, experienced players are good to have around.
http://legion.mmochief.net/GuildFiles/395917/Screenshot_2011814_1_51_39.jpg (http://legion.mmochief.net/GuildFiles/395917/Screenshot_2011814_1_51_39.jpg) Current stage of our tribe.

AlexTaldren
08-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Our land is too vast and developed to simply abandon. But that doesn't mean we can't visit.

Liquidblade
08-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Our land is too vast and developed to simply abandon. But that doesn't mean we can't visit.

I think thats the problem most longtime players have....their tribe is not active and they have invested so much into it that they rather stay alone then join others. I know thats how I would feel. Im sure the game will pick up more and more as it gets better

fatboy21007
08-18-2011, 06:12 PM
i did 90% of my city n got alot left. ill never leave wat i have done. Pop picks up and goes back down all the time. All you can do is stay hopeful but expect the worst.

AlexTaldren
08-24-2011, 09:07 AM
With decay in the works, we're going to try and save our bins so we don't lose all the stuff we've done.