PDA

View Full Version : Time for a change

Mactavendish
08-02-2011, 08:46 AM
With a few of the more vocal malcontents having been banned at least for a spell, it seems to me that now is the time for a change.

Too long these forums have been "serviced" by those seeking to tear the game down.

Let's change that folks!

I talk to many of you daily in game, and know that you have projects you are working on, often say you like this or that about the game and how much you look forward to what is planned next.

So... Talk about it! Start posting here and let's return this forum to a lively spot to talk about our game.

To be successful, we need to not get sucked into debates that will spin out of control and only lead to complainers getting the upper hand again.

GuideRaguel
08-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Please Survivors,

Lets keep this thread on topic with what the OP has asked.

Thank you.

I talk to many of you daily in game, and know that you have projects you are working on, often say you like this or that about the game and how much you look forward to what is planned next.

Willowhawk
08-02-2011, 12:27 PM
I had a new player contact me last night to ask some questions. The first thing he said to me was somethin like "This is a great game, and things are not as bad as everyone is saying they are" I agree with him, it is a great game! And I had fun answering his endless questions, though it did keep me up way too late, but it's all good. :)

As for Macs question, I can name tons of stuff I love about this game, but to keep it simple, I love the realistic feel when playing. It doesn't feel like a cartoon. The seasons with weather changes to the saplings growing under the giant Douglass firs. Being able to make a river or a pond, and just creating something uniquely different from everyone else. Creativity is generally NOT a component of other mmo's. That one aspect alone makes this game uniquely original, and a sharp contrast from the standard cookie cutter game industry. That is why I like this game.

MrDDT
08-02-2011, 05:50 PM
I cant wait for smarter and more fun AI, along with some rare items that matter much more.

I love how you can build up towns. Will love it when they do more than just look cool. There is a nice thread about an idea of how buildings should do other things than just looks.

Aethaeryn
08-03-2011, 07:34 AM
The most fun I have had in the game is needing something, a tool for example, finding someone to trade with and heading to their camp. I always wondered why people wanted to come to me. My years of PvP screamed in my ear that they wanted to know where I live so they could stalk and gank me.

I understood it pretty fast. Going to someones creation, meeting them and seeing what they have built is a lot of fun. I SUCK at aesthetics. I can't "design" a living area etc. so seeing what other people manage with the limited resources (angles available etc.) is always interesting.

Also, having a feeling that the people around you are your community, getting to know them and knowing that there are other communities out there that you might never see gives the game a greater sense of an epic scale.

VeryWiiTee
08-03-2011, 08:17 AM
I love that you can shape your town to your desire. You can be ever so creative if you like!
Both in regards to terraforming and building.

soulless
08-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Homesteading...I know allot of people don’t care for homesteaders here, but it is how I enjoy the game, very whim sickle. Work on something till I am no longer interested, and then move on :). I also like helping others in game, and exploring… been here since just after launch and only have a few skills maxed because I spend so much time wandering, heh. Where is my gypsy cart! (grin).

VeryWiiTee
08-04-2011, 07:04 AM
I like the fact that you actually have to put a bit of effort into getting the required items.

It isn't like in World of Warcraft, download an ADDON that will link all known veins/herbs/etc together and make the best grinding path for you to follow, nor is it an easy feat carrying the materials as it is in other games with no encumbrance.

That it takes time to build a city and create a good set of gear/item. Makes this game worthwhile really.
It isn't some bullshit instant-gratification game!

eric
08-04-2011, 07:59 AM
That it takes time to build a city and create a good set of gear/item. Makes this game worthwhile really.
It isn't some bullshit instant-gratification game!

Haha, thats why I keep my subscription for World Of Warcraft active, just for those moments when I seek 'bullshit instant-gratification'!

Usually though I am very content with the serious grinding we do in Xsyon. Anyway, the two games are uncomparable (in more ways than just the obvious).

aliksteel
08-04-2011, 09:33 AM
It's the feelings I have when playing that I like so much.

Back a little over ten years ago I did't really know anything about the internet. I had never been on it or even been at anyone's house that had it. Til a co-work had a few of us over to hang out after work, Not only did he have a PC(The last PC I had before this was a TRS80), But he was showing off the new online game called Everquest(1). Not long after this I had the game myself and was logging into everquest for the first time. You may be asking yourself why tell you this story, It's becuase it's as close to this feeling I had the first time I started playing a MMO. It made me feel like there was nothing that I could not do in this world. I was just a kid the last time I felt like that. And when I found EQ I was in my late 20's at the time and still very much a kid at heart. An to find that I could still have them feelings was surprising, It was not til years later after I had moved on from EQ that I found I didn't have the feelings any more. And even when I tried to go back to EQ and find that feeling again, That I fould there was no going back home for me, EQ was not as open of a world to me. I could the walls that closed in around me now. So I started looking in hopes of finding that feeling again and that that I may never find a game that would bring the feeling out again. Not til Xsyon came along have I ever felt that way again. The feelings feel much like they did back then but for many other reasons now.

Helping to create a new world and being around creative people has got to be one of the main reasons I like this game.
Not knowing what may come. Help's make me feel like I will be able to do anything I set my mind to.
The fear of the unknown, That feeling that someone maybe stocking me.
The need to plan for the unknown in hopes of being ahead of the rest.
And many other reasons like the ones listed already before my replye post.

And there seems to be many more reasons to come that will keep me feeling this way.

Tournus
08-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Well, I've only been playing Xsyon for around two days now. I've played a lot of MMOs and whenever I log in one they all kind of feel like the same thing, just with different graphics.

When I first logged into Xsyon I was thrown into the middle of the woods with a pack and some tools. I started exploring the landscape, trying to figure out what to do. Later in the day I spent over two hours wandering through the landscape, trying to find my way from the starting point to my Tribe's land. I took my time and explored every bit of the landscape. It was fun and exciting figuring out what you could do in the game. I have never had that experience in any other MMO lately.

Xsyon is different, in a good way. I'm sure it'll only get better.

aliksteel
08-08-2011, 07:28 AM
And people being rude, Just to be rude, "will NOT help in improving this game. Simple as that."

Take this thread as is was meant to be, A place for people to say what they like about the game. I have a feeling people like you Eduard will never like any game, Because the only joy you get from games are the one you have when you are stirring things up.

The shame to this is, You only have 21 post and in time may become a good Xsyon member one day, But I'll never see it. Welcome to ignore!

Mactavendish
08-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Ed, I beg to differ.

We are not running from the reality that the game needs a lot of work, nor is this a blind fanboi thread.

It's purpose is to switch gears away from rampant complaining, back to civil and constructive posting.

My ENTIRE goal here is to cause a return to players posting things like...

"Had a a lot of fun building with the new granite wall sections, but I discovered that that Yakid post does not butt up to the limestone wall when you have it pointed one way.. it will if pointed the other way. Could you please check into this bug?"

and NOT things like...

"This sux!!!! can't you fix anything right???"

Surely you see the difference in those two styles.

MrDDT
08-08-2011, 06:43 PM
I get yelled at no matter how I post, unless I post lies about how the game is.
I cant even tell my friends about this game in fear they will laugh at me for playing a game in the sad state this one is in.

So yes, OP. I agree its time for a change. Instead of fanbois posting about the few good things maybe they should see the facts that few people are playing and the game is hurting big time.

aliksteel
08-08-2011, 09:54 PM
[facetious response] OK everyone, You heard the naysayers, So lets pack it up and move on. Xsyon is dead!!!

To be successful, we need to not get sucked into debates that will spin out of control and only lead to complainers getting the upper hand again.

It seems that they are doing there best to do just that Mac, They could only take a few people saying they enjoyed something about the game before they came running.

It's purpose is to switch gears away from rampant complaining, back to civil and constructive posting.

I'm having fun with the fact that not a lot is handed to you in-game, But I wish that you would not start off with every crafting skill. I think it was better back when all you had at the start was the crafting skill you picked when making your Xsyon character. It made you need other people to make things work, Be it trade or tribe.

dezgard
08-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Illmaculate and Eduard

Keep it on the topic of the thread and it wont be deleted, pretty simple really

MrDDT
08-09-2011, 04:46 AM
[facetious response] OK everyone, You heard the naysayers, So lets pack it up and move on. Xsyon is dead!!!

It seems that they are doing there best to do just that Mac, They could only take a few people saying they enjoyed something about the game before they came running.

I'm having fun with the fact that not a lot is handed to you in-game, But I wish that you would not start off with every crafting skill. I think it was better back when all you had at the start was the crafting skill you picked when making your Xsyon character. It made you need other people to make things work, Be it trade or tribe.

I'm not saying pack up and move on Xsyon is dead. I'm simply saying stop acting like its not dead so we can move on to the real problems to fix the game. Sugarcoating things saying "Yes its great" or "Lots of people are playing Xsyon" isnt doing anything but harming the game.

People will come buy the game get pissed off and whine about how crappy state is in and how the features list and players lied to them. Its already been done 100s of times before.

Give people the facts let them make a choice using what is true about the game. This game does have many good things to offer people.
I love many things about the game. This is one of the truest sandbox games out there. But dont just gloss over the fact of the major bugs, the lack of features, the lies on the features list, the very long update times, and the lack of people playing.

Right now this game is just very boring, sad part is I believe the # of people playing double in the last 3 weeks, yet you cant even tell.

Xsyon is getting better, slowly its working it way past all these problems. Focus on fixing the problems instead of lying about them to people.

So you go ahead and post what you like about the game, I will too. However, I will also tell people what is broken in game, missing in game and how its also not fun for most people that bought it.

L0rd0fIvIetal
08-09-2011, 05:37 AM
ok as one of the nay ppl that got baned for a bit and then again as much as i complain about the game i still like to play it a bit but would love to play it if everything worked the scavenging has been broken for months if its as simpple as adjusting the scav tables then why hasnt it been done even with the new combat/dc where i was told that scavenging has been adjusted its still broken(10 hours + of scavenging and got nothing) and i still get crashes all the time there is an endless spam of text when u hit mobs the mobs are now geting stuck again and when they go in deffence mode it just looks retarted this is not a released game as much as all of u like to say it is i really cant understand why u all cling on to it so hard is it becouse its the only true sanbox concept out there at the moment? and why oh why do u ppl insist on paying for it like its a functioning game is beyond me but as long as u do companies like this will just test u and see how little they can give u and take as much money as they can from u i dont really care its ur money or ur parents money so do with it what u want :) i hear they are working on carts now what for ??? there is so much to do b4 that anyways im done with xsyon untill they implement everything on the list i will not be a part of a paying alpha and b4 you go and say iits not play it for a month solo without geting what u need from nice ppl handing out stuff after last 2 patches
1 game crashes
2 graphics as said not the latest ones but still are broken
3 solo impossible with out help from others and rerolling ur toon until it fits just right is stupid
4 stupid text spam in combat without being able to identify who is who unless u remember who hit first
5 animals geting stuck
6 ahh stuff it im done cant even be bothered to list all the stuff thats messed up have fun supporting 3 ppl while they try to make a game but obviously wont be able to with just the 3 of them

eric
08-09-2011, 06:11 AM
ok as one of the nay ppl that got baned for a bit and then again (...) game but obviously wont be able to with just the 3 of them

Oh boy, fresh after yet another temporary ban here you are again. Posting yet another reply without *any* punctuation or whitespace between your sentences.
Regardless of whether I agree or disagree with what you say, this alone makes it very hard to really understand you mate.

About your negativism: I understand that you have purchased a game which does not live up to your expecations. I also understand that you feel an urge to share your disappointment with all others. This in itself is fine and of course you too are entitled to your opinion, but why my fellow 'survivor' do you have to be so destructive in everything you post?

I really don't get that.
If you are convinced that the game is not good enough for your standards and the development of it does not go as speedy in the 'right' direction, why bother to keep on telling us that?
You really should leave (the game) for other endeavours, go outside even or enjoy a good single-player RPG (if you like those games).

If you insist on being critical towards this game (which is a good stance), take an example from MrDDT.
Now I won't tell you that I agree with his 'playstyle' or his attitude that only he knows how to play this game, I must admit though that he has an ability to be critical about this game but also still make valid and constructive posts.

Now back on topic:
I realise that the game is not all it could be yet but even with what is there currently, I'm happy to play here. I may not play as often as I could, even I get bored of the endless grinding of bricks and mortar occasionally. But I do feel that, if the game gives us a more concrete (or realistic) purpose to keep building and fighting for survival, I'll subscribe for a longer time. Just to see where the game will eventually go. For this I really applaud the developers and even more those individual players (both the positive ones like the OP and the critics) who try to keep the community together.

Together we may go a long way :). I expect to be a part of 'us' for years to come (if I survive that long of course ;)).

NorCalGooey
08-09-2011, 06:49 AM
ok as one of the nay ppl that got baned for a bit and then again as much as i complain about the game i still like to play it a bit but would love to play it if everything worked the scavenging has been broken for months if its as simpple as adjusting the scav tables then why hasnt it been done even with the new combat/dc where i was told that scavenging has been adjusted its still broken(10 hours + of scavenging and got nothing) and i still get crashes all the time there is an endless spam of text when u hit mobs the mobs are now geting stuck again and when they go in deffence mode it just looks retarted this is not a released game as much as all of u like to say it is i really cant understand why u all cling on to it so hard is it becouse its the only true sanbox concept out there at the moment? and why oh why do u ppl insist on paying for it like its a functioning game is beyond me but as long as u do companies like this will just test u and see how little they can give u and take as much money as they can from u i dont really care its ur money or ur parents money so do with it what u want :) i hear they are working on carts now what for ??? there is so much to do b4 that anyways im done with xsyon untill they implement everything on the list i will not be a part of a paying alpha and b4 you go and say iits not play it for a month solo without geting what u need from nice ppl handing out stuff after last 2 patches
1 game crashes
2 graphics as said not the latest ones but still are broken
3 solo impossible with out help from others and rerolling ur toon until it fits just right is stupid
4 stupid text spam in combat without being able to identify who is who unless u remember who hit first
5 animals geting stuck
6 ahh stuff it im done cant even be bothered to list all the stuff thats messed up have fun supporting 3 ppl while they try to make a game but obviously wont be able to with just the 3 of them

How can you even type this to yourself? I couldn't even understand what my own self was saying if I typed posts like that.

I agree, it would be nice if the combat messages were smaller and also showed who you damaged.

Mactavendish
08-09-2011, 07:35 AM
I know that a couple of you really believe that I'm a blind fanboi.

The truth is I am far from a fanboi. I fully understand where the issues lie, and what is broken and what needs fixing.
I have to explain daily why tribe mates cannot do this or that yet, why you have to re-roll just to be sure you have some recipes to begin with. I have to hoard what saw blades I have to be sure new members have this tool, since I cannot actually scavenge one although I am 100 in scav.

The real difference between me and MrDDT is that I too am an optimist, but I don't believe that harping on problems I know they cannot address yet, will ever going to turn the tide or influence the devs. ( well not influence them in a positive way, maybe get yelled at ) ;P
I also have a different perspective about this game and actually like playing what it offers now. DDT on the other hand, wants the game to develop differently, as he believes that PVP will save it.

The truly amazing this about this game is that Jordi wants BOTH of us to be able to play here and have our own brand of fun.

I really have no problem with anyone's posts until they start attacking other players simply because they disagree. Some of the attacks got out of hand and thus those players were indeed banned and silenced for a bit.

So...

Point out flaws, say what you like and try to have fun if you can.

But remember this..

This game is like one of your good friends that has been diagnosed with cancer. You love your friend and hope he gets better. You get online, research everything you can about his condition and try to keep his spirits up and tell him to fight!

You don't stand by his bed and tell him how stupid he is for getting cancer, you don't harp on what bad habits he has that lead him to get cancer, and you don't try and get all your friends to see just how stupid you friend is for allowing this to happen to himself.

Oh, and the doctor just said that he has a good chance of full recovery...

You get the picture right?

eric
08-09-2011, 07:49 AM
But remember this..

This game is like one of your good friends that has been diagnosed with cancer. You love your friend and hope he gets better. You get online, research everything you can about his condition and try to keep his spirits up and tell him to fight!

Until you wrote the above text I fully agreed with you, just as I've said before in game..

But to be honest my optimistic mate, this comparison is very much misplaced.

Having been diagnosed myself and still recovering from it I can tell from experience that this game isn't comparable to having a possibly deadly disease!
Although I understand what you are trying to say, it is not appropriate in my opinion.

No hurt feelings here or a need for more considerate discussion, I'd just like it if you'd taken a more comparable example :).

soulless
08-09-2011, 08:09 AM
What happen to not getting pulled into the troll’s negativity...

I for one, would like to see one positive post here, stay positive, and trolls to stay out. It would be nice to come here and something positive to read now and again. I guess that’s too much to ask of some people, I just need to keep it to the updates and Q/As.

dezgard
08-09-2011, 08:30 AM
anti-troll engine engaged!

fatboy21007
08-09-2011, 11:48 AM
hehehe *steals dez's anti-troll engine...mine!. I agree game needs alot of fixs. PVP fixs should be on the back burner at this point as their isnt really any1 pvping, pve needs put up front and fix and more done. New lands need opened,Scavenging needs fixed, Bugs, Exploits, Trees regrowth needs looked at..i mean 3 months for a fully mature tree..thats absurdly too long.

Animals have gone scarce, this needs looked at yet again, Archtecture needs fixs and when you align certain walls up they should come flush together. New features need finished and ofc their bugs fixed. New recipes need added ingame-New arch items-New animals-Zombies with their own city thats raidable. Cart need put on the asap burner.

This is just a small portion of pve that needs done, their is a ton more. Id say get your focus their as we want things fixed and new things to do, See changing Scav was not the direction to go. puting caps on crafting would have been, Also adding more ingame to offer more variety to do for players is another thing. And im not talking about pvp, pvp is fun and all but 98% of all games out their run pvp as a casual thing as the majority like casual, but im sure in the future we can more it more fun, For now games focus needs to pve and wat can be done and added to give more to do and ofc more fun (i also suggest actually adding also cities ingame as a change of scenoary, mb add things to do at these places) That would be a nice start :-)

Mactavendish
08-09-2011, 12:24 PM
I understand your feeling here Eric.

But many keep saying the game is going to die it this that or the other things doe snot happen NOW!... seem they feel its pretty serious.
To many of the more negative posters on the forums, the games life is being threatened, so to me it was very comparable to the situation with xsyon, however sorry to have touched a nerve ( btw I have a life threatening condition that I deal with every day )

Besides, it was an analogy, not to be taken as a literal comparison.

And to Soulless, I'm not being negitive just acknowledging the known issues. Like I said, I'm not a blind fanboi. We all know whats what, I'm trying to get us all to switch gears here.. and that what this post is for

MrDDT
08-09-2011, 06:51 PM
I know that a couple of you really believe that I'm a blind fanboi.

The truth is I am far from a fanboi. I fully understand where the issues lie, and what is broken and what needs fixing.
I have to explain daily why tribe mates cannot do this or that yet, why you have to re-roll just to be sure you have some recipes to begin with. I have to hoard what saw blades I have to be sure new members have this tool, since I cannot actually scavenge one although I am 100 in scav.

The real difference between me and MrDDT is that I too am an optimist, but I don't believe that harping on problems I know they cannot address yet, will ever going to turn the tide or influence the devs. ( well not influence them in a positive way, maybe get yelled at ) ;P
I also have a different perspective about this game and actually like playing what it offers now. DDT on the other hand, wants the game to develop differently, as he believes that PVP will save it.

The truly amazing this about this game is that Jordi wants BOTH of us to be able to play here and have our own brand of fun.

I really have no problem with anyone's posts until they start attacking other players simply because they disagree. Some of the attacks got out of hand and thus those players were indeed banned and silenced for a bit.

So...

Point out flaws, say what you like and try to have fun if you can.

But remember this..

You don't stand by his bed and tell him how stupid he is for getting cancer, you don't harp on what bad habits he has that lead him to get cancer, and you don't try and get all your friends to see just how stupid you friend is for allowing this to happen to himself.

Oh, and the doctor just said that he has a good chance of full recovery...

I dont think PVP will save this game, I think strife over stuff will. I think PVP is already part of the game, however, combat is really broken, and the lack of people make it not fun at all. On top of other reasons to even gear up and fight.

You should read some of my posts and see Ive posted many ideas about PVE on how to make the game better.

I dont think I harp on problems they cant fix yet. I think I harp on problems they wont fix yet, when they are needed to be fixed first. Just as you will see me post about carts over and over and over and over again. You will also see me post about things that cause people to want to do something. Whats the reasons for walls other than "looks cool" whats the reasons for making high QL items? Whats the reasons to skill up? Why get fish? Why use hiding? Starting to understand the point?

I also post things about economy. I love player made econ, however, there is no reason for high end items (see above paragraph). Also items are either WAYYYYYY to rare, or everyone can get them WAYYYYYY to easy.

What I wont do is say things like "Economy is great, players trade all the time its your fault" Or "Everyone is trading no problems, if you want to carry more stuff, why dont you use the tools you already have in game like death port".

See the difference from what my posts say and being a fanboi means?

About the cancer thing. Well I dont see how Xsyon is like cancer at all. Cancer isnt really something your friends can fix, or really give advice about. Its also only effecting 1 person. Are you going into all the cancer rooms and telling all these people to keep their chins up?

If I could I would rather spend my time on coming up with a cure assuming I had the info to help make a cure. But hey if you think its better to just say "Keep your chin up you will be ok" is better than coming up with a cure for cancer then thats your own opinion.
Im not saying I think I have the cure or even could give a cure for cancer, like I said, I do have answers for why a game is broke and I can help fix bugs, track bugs, report bugs, give advice and even come up with ideas about a game.

Eduard
08-22-2011, 01:52 AM
Illmaculate and Eduard

Keep it on the topic of the thread and it wont be deleted, pretty simple really

My post was on topic and you know it, Mac answer prove it.
BUT deleting posts that are not "promoting" game but trying to locate problems so they can be fixed is NO way to go.
Deleting my post that I wrote in good intentions is deal-breaking to me so I'm out of here for good.
There are plenty of gaming forums out there that are open to constructive criticism without censure... I'll write there to inform others about this for sure so they don't get fooled like I did.

But hey this post will be also deleted so I'll take one screen shot just for me.

Eduard over and out.

stonedogg1
08-22-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm really glad this thread was started.

I do not post alot on these forums, preferring to only comment constructively.

What i like about the game:

1) The people currently playing (new & old) - I feel the community goes a long way toward helping each other. I realize that quite a few people are eaderly awaiting meaningful PVP, but so far they seem to be very patient with it actually taking a role in the future of this game. I think that right now with the current state of the game, everyone realizes what the game can be (no comments on the "can be" - just assume it "will be"). With that thought in mind, most players are gearing up to welcome a steady influx of new players. And let's face it - what's $15 a month? So I don't buy 3 packs of smokes this month.

2) Currently, my tribe (Legion) is actively (and furiously) building up our tribal grounds in anticipation of decay (need tons of roofs), revenants (gotta protect our shit) & new players (wouldn't it be nice to invite someone & say "Here's your new home & job. Welcome aboard"). We cannot seem to keep up with upcoming patches. This gives us all a sense of urgency and a fun aspect to the game.

3) Being a former architectural student (in another life), I love the building/terraforming aspect of this open world. Note to developers - GET WORKING ON TUNNELLING!

4) My tribe is awesome & helpful.

5) I love the fact that I have to remember where I'm going (geographically). When I go to the store, visit family or just go out for an evening - I never pull out a map. This game is just like that.

6) Access to developers that actually listen to your input while they keep their eye on their original vision for the game.

7) Crafting - Of all the people that have been here since Beta, how many can actually craft Master quality items? I know there are some (I still am offering trades for a complete Pioneer set of Master quality tools). How many people have maxed out stats? Personally, I've been around since shortly before the game went live (1 or 2 months prior). I think I have 3 things pegged at 100, 2 more above 80, 1 at 50+, and the rest are a smattering of values. I'm quite happy with my character & what I do day to day in game.

8) (repeat) Once again, this is one of the better communities I've been involved with in a MMO since the early days of WoW.

Ok, I've rambled enough. See you all in game.

Liquidblade
08-31-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm really glad this thread was started.

I do not post alot on these forums, preferring to only comment constructively.

What i like about the game:

1) The people currently playing (new & old) - I feel the community goes a long way toward helping each other. I realize that quite a few people are eaderly awaiting meaningful PVP, but so far they seem to be very patient with it actually taking a role in the future of this game. I think that right now with the current state of the game, everyone realizes what the game can be (no comments on the "can be" - just assume it "will be"). With that thought in mind, most players are gearing up to welcome a steady influx of new players. And let's face it - what's $15 a month? So I don't buy 3 packs of smokes this month.

2) Currently, my tribe (Legion) is actively (and furiously) building up our tribal grounds in anticipation of decay (need tons of roofs), revenants (gotta protect our shit) & new players (wouldn't it be nice to invite someone & say "Here's your new home & job. Welcome aboard"). We cannot seem to keep up with upcoming patches. This gives us all a sense of urgency and a fun aspect to the game.

3) Being a former architectural student (in another life), I love the building/terraforming aspect of this open world. Note to developers - GET WORKING ON TUNNELLING!

4) My tribe is awesome & helpful.

5) I love the fact that I have to remember where I'm going (geographically). When I go to the store, visit family or just go out for an evening - I never pull out a map. This game is just like that.

6) Access to developers that actually listen to your input while they keep their eye on their original vision for the game.

7) Crafting - Of all the people that have been here since Beta, how many can actually craft Master quality items? I know there are some (I still am offering trades for a complete Pioneer set of Master quality tools). How many people have maxed out stats? Personally, I've been around since shortly before the game went live (1 or 2 months prior). I think I have 3 things pegged at 100, 2 more above 80, 1 at 50+, and the rest are a smattering of values. I'm quite happy with my character & what I do day to day in game.

8) (repeat) Once again, this is one of the better communities I've been involved with in a MMO since the early days of WoW.

Ok, I've rambled enough. See you all in game.

well Said Dave (specially the part about our tribe!!)