PDA

View Full Version : What would bring you back?

Mactavendish
09-07-2011, 01:31 PM
This thread is specifically for players that read the board but don't play.

And yes, I know this has been done before, but dynamics of the player base has shifted a bit and things may have changed.

This will server two purposes... first to give the Dev's useful feedback, and second to show active players, the viewpoints of players that have left, but are still interested in the game.

So.... I have 2 questions for you...

1. What made you stop playing in the first place?

( please be specific. something like "too many resources" or "no real conflict" )

2. What would bring you back?

( Here, say anything that would make the game something YOU would like to play )

With both questions ONLY refer to what YOU personally feel, not some un-numbered
vague group of "folks like you" and what they collectively feel.

Also, this is not a thread for you to pontificate the merits of your personal suggestions for the game. Just say what would bring you back to playing and why you left.

Aramanu
09-07-2011, 01:57 PM
1. Hunting not really viable.
2. Viable hunting+more creatures+cooking+archery

Jadzia
09-07-2011, 02:04 PM
I've been waiting for the new lands to open since launch, so my camp was only temporary. I stopped playing after Jordi announced that it won't be opened up anytime soon.

What would bring me back ? New areas which are not flooded with abandoned totems. Cooking and agriculture would be nice too. And a much bigger focus on surviving...as in death without food or drink or clothes or shelter, which would give a reason for crafting/building stuffs.

Niburu
09-07-2011, 03:40 PM
1: -Missing skillcap, everyone can be everything. Already have this fail system in Darkfall
-No meaning to core elements of the game. building gates/walls for no reason->Safezone, no local ressources
-Desync PVP and missing archery
2: Fixing of the above problems would make me look into the game again aslong as i still have the option to check it out on the test server

I'm still watching this side from time to time and i'am DL'ing the game atm to see how the desync is.

KeithStone
09-08-2011, 05:12 AM
1. Archery
2. Territory Warfare atm there's no reason to run out and fight
3. Everyone can do everything which makes trading suck because nobody needs anything
4. Mounts
5. Working quest or trade hub system

fotuenti
09-08-2011, 05:22 AM
no reason to do anything, by this i mean most things in the game have no intrinsic value outside the enjoyment of doing it for the sake of doing it(e.g. crafting, building).
my friends all left.
frustrating interface(e.g. bags, chat, crafting windows).
combat was very boring for me.
i never got the feeling i was playing in a post apocalypse, many elements of the genre i felt were missing. specifically the ruins of civilization, like the shells of cars seen in the promo screenshots.
i would be very reluctant to return, but i suppose if they implemented all the stuff that was on the original features list i would pay for another month.

Pollygod
09-08-2011, 01:56 PM
I'll be back as soon as they fix my toon but since its just me that probably wont happen I made a bug report I think not sure if I did it right time will tell :)

GuideRaguel
09-08-2011, 02:35 PM
I'll be back as soon as they fix my toon but since its just me that probably wont happen I made a bug report I think not sure if I did it right time will tell :)

Please send me a Pm with the details of your bug, and ill make sure the bugs team have received it.

Thank you.

Sabina
09-08-2011, 03:37 PM
I am not sure anything would bring myself and my tribe back again now, too much time has passed. We built up our tribal area, we had friends in a tribe across the river from us (they have since gone and definitely wont be back), my toon opened up all the tailoring recipes, fishing and foraging lost their appeal as there isnt really anything you can do with the results, well you can eat them but you cant cook or make potions/poisons with the stuff you cant eat. There is no way to carry water around so you have to use the rivers all the time. Yes I know there are plenty of rivers but that isnt the point. There is barely a need to trade finished goods as everyone can make everything although I am guessing high QL goods might well be tradeable now. Oh and no farming of any sort either :(
One of my tribe members came back recently and finished off some terraforming and that has been about it for a few months now

Beleg
09-09-2011, 07:27 PM
1) very buggy and incomplete. My Logitech drivers would freeze up. Seems to be an issue with flash coding. So empty and boring, no real point.

2) Archery, more features, Any of the systems mentioned on the website would be a start. but Archery first

Meziahn
09-09-2011, 09:45 PM
I never really felt... "submerged" into the world of Xsyon, no emotional involvement whatsoever.
Never really given a reason to want to log on every day
Stamina regen was a big issue as well... If I wanted to stand idle for several minutes waiting on my char to be able to do anything, i'd be playing the Sims.
I felt the buildings overall were a big joke, no real customization, as with most everything else.

I could go on, but in ending, a lot was promised during beta, here we are months and months down the road, and i'm just not seein it.

To bring me back, I feel having some eye candy, ruins ( buildings, vehicles, random AI people who are willing to barter etc etc ) would have kept me here a bit longer, and would provoke me to log in, just to see what's up.
When playing Xsyon, I never felt like I was in a post apocalyptic world, theres no rhyme or reason to anything about it, I can scavenge tool parts that managed to survive, but there are no ruins, reguardless of back-story, or what area this is supposed to be in... This I feel, is very lame. People want to explore and discover new things, but as it stands, you can stick to one small area, literally within a few steps, and discover everything, that to me, isn't rewarding. Tree, garbage pile, dirt, water, sand... *yawn*

I'll continue to check up on updates and such of course. In hopes that this game will one day turn into something I would consider spending my time on.

Hellaciouss
09-11-2011, 10:23 AM
What was promised. Remove PvE totems. Expand the world. Territorial wars. Better combat. Remove protected bins. Make land that was terraformed off totem land gradually revert back to original levels. Ways to carry/store water. Archery.

Too many carebears tried to go it alone or with just 2-3 people total and wanted to do everything and wanted to be protected. The devs listened to them. Big mistake.

Your tribe was supposed to be your protection, not game code. This game turned to crap so fast. Honestly, I doubt anything would bring me back at this point, but sometimes there is hope and I browse the forums.

It seems like they have lost a lot of devs and won't tell anyone about it and only a few people work on this thing anymore.

Too bad. Game had potential. Don't see it anymore.

Venciera
09-11-2011, 05:12 PM
What was promised. Remove PvE totems. Expand the world. Territorial wars. Better combat. Remove protected bins. Make land that was terraformed off totem land gradually revert back to original levels. Ways to carry/store water. Archery.

Too many carebears tried to go it alone or with just 2-3 people total and wanted to do everything and wanted to be protected. The devs listened to them. Big mistake.

Your tribe was supposed to be your protection, not game code. This game turned to crap so fast. Honestly, I doubt anything would bring me back at this point, but sometimes there is hope and I browse the forums.

It seems like they have lost a lot of devs and won't tell anyone about it and only a few people work on this thing anymore.

Too bad. Game had potential. Don't see it anymore.

^^^^ pretty much this for me. I still lurk in the forums from time to time, but the enormous safe zones, and whining by carebears killed it for me. Nothing worth working towards. I still wish Jooki started a PVP server. :/ Really there could be the, "lol, i want to build crap server (creative)" and the "lol, I want a real game with meaning server (survival)" . That would bring me back. It's probably too expensive now to start a new server though.

MrDDT
09-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Glad to see some old timers still checking in, and clearly we can see it wasnt just me that wanted these things.
I love PVP, as everyone knows I do. But I want more than just PVP I want a world with good PVE that has rewards worth holding on to and fighting for. Places that people can claim and hold as their own. Not just a place that costs nothing, and will be left to sit with no upkeep nor fear of anyone taking from them.

This world we have now is very boring and just nothing to draw people in to keep playing. Where is the survival? Weather effects that were promised? Mutant animals? Zombies? FFA PVP? Expansion totems? Full looting?
Where are the rare items to want to have and fight for? Where are the resources that are something people will trade for.
Resources in this game are a joke, they are everywhere and millions units. They will never run out of the most valued items. Its very sad. Skill decay?

These are the things I'm wanting to get me to play full time again. Right now it pains me to log in.

shadowlz
09-11-2011, 06:47 PM
No conflict of anykind besides people yelling at eachother.
No real reason to trade or transport goods to another area.
No survival aspect at all.
Everyone is jack of all trades.

I never felt the world of xsyon like I do in other games. The world doesnt feel alive even with all the stuff they put in it to make it feel that way.
It feels like the devs forgot to put on the cover and you can see the inside, and all thats inside is some tiny people that occasionally throw stuff out into the world.

Unless this game turned into an updated UO or better looking Wurm, i dont think ill be coming back. I just watch to forums to see if its getting better.

Aglos
09-12-2011, 01:17 AM
1) will return only with archery and hunting is fun.

2) I am also waiting for zombies and other content pve/pvp, domesticate animals and religion but with archery and hunting fixed could live a good season.

(Sorry for mi bad english)

soulless
09-12-2011, 10:25 AM
I enjoyed the game the way it is... and it has the potential to be so much more.

But after months of playing, a very small community, and only partial working content, I find it hard to stay logged in much lately, other games have more of my attention.

To come back players would need to be provided with more content, to create more content, which would make the game have more purpose. As others have said, more immersion through more survival mechanics would be another draw to return. A larger, more diverse community may provide some of this as well.

HyBrasil
09-13-2011, 10:31 AM
What made you stop playing in the first place?

A string of personal problems mainly. There is nothing really wrong with this game in my opinion. It is developing quite nicely.

What would bring you back?

More free time. I have to work too much to survive and help my family and friends. Maybe fixing the world economy?

NorCalGooey
09-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Think again. It's not going to be fixed.

But if you work hard now and buy gold and silver now you will be fine. Especially silver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj2s6vzErqY

I agree with you though about why I haven't playing much either. Real life taking over atm.

ColonelTEE3
09-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Left due to lack of reason to do anything.

Dubanka has stated many times, very clearly, the reasons why i left. You can make armor - why - to be better at pvp - why - to kill more people - why - to loot them and get the same gear i can craft because i can craft everything, just like them, and there are limitless resources everywhere, and nothing means anything.

I would potentially come back if they stopped catering to the carebears, fixed these endless safezones, put in some reason behind some of this (it doesnt even have to have a lot of reason), put in some skill caps so we aren't all the best crafters and fighters, and put in archery.

NorCalGooey
09-23-2011, 06:50 PM
I just wish Jordi or someone would address the economic issues with this game. It's like they don't even know that they exist.

It really isn't a hard fix to make items valuable. Many have outlined how to do this. It's just either they don't care or think other tasks are more important. Making items (resources and crafted items) have value is #1 in my book.

But without addressing the PvP side too, it's pointless. Even if there was massive value as far as gathering and creating an item goes, it has no value in terms of UTILITY.

You can craft and use that rare armor, but why? You can gather those rare materials and build an awesome fortress/castle building, but why?

What purpose does doing either have? This can be applied to every single item in the game. Even a craft knife. Why make that Supreme Master Pioneer Craft Knife if what that knife makes has no use?

MrDDT
09-23-2011, 07:02 PM
I just wish Jordi or someone would address the economic issues with this game. It's like they don't even know that they exist.

It really isn't a hard fix to make items valuable. Many have outlined how to do this. It's just either they don't care or think other tasks are more important. Making items (resources and crafted items) have value is #1 in my book.

But without addressing the PvP side too, it's pointless. Even if there was massive value as far as gathering and creating an item goes, it has no value in terms of UTILITY.

You can craft and use that rare armor, but why? You can gather those rare materials and build an awesome fortress/castle building, but why?

What purpose does doing either have? This can be applied to every single item in the game. Even a craft knife. Why make that Supreme Master Pioneer Craft Knife if what that knife makes has no use?

I do want to say that if they had random NPC attacks that blew up towns, and those NPCs were strong, which required good gear and other resources to defend vs, then econ would be a big boon. Plus people would band together instead of solo all the time.

Just saying, not always is PVP required. I believe PVP with rare local resources to fight for that add good bonuses, would be easier.

billpaustin
09-24-2011, 06:53 AM

I stopped playing because Xsyon doesn't seem like a real game to me. It is like a Monopoly game, without any rules. You can move around the board, but why? You can build a house, but can do nothing with it. It is not really a game, just the working framework for a possible game. If the stuff you craft has no meaning or value in the game, then there is no "game", really. That's why I left.

Cracky69
09-26-2011, 02:57 PM
I initially had quite a lot of fun with this game, but it just never really developed into something meaningful.

I guess what it needs is a few worthwhile recipes that require resources that are limited in location. I think the battle for resources really should have been a key part of this game and yet it was poorly implemented.

I never found any meaningful PvP, it was either griefing or nothing.

In answer to the question; I really wanted this game to be about exploration. My interest died the day people starting posting maps (that were simply taken from the data files). I would genuinely come back if there was a new map, with worthwhile resource locations, and everything was actually hidden from the players (ie encrypted). I still think it would be fun to search for stuff and then build tribes.

Archangei
10-01-2011, 01:12 AM
1: The lack of skill decay, the point of where everyone can get everything with no effort making trade pointless, no point in combat, agriculture, carts, zombies, archery, broken architecture where i got pretty high up and everything just stopped.

2: When they fixed the above and added.. more, atm its still to repetative where everyone is a clone of eachother.

Kazkid
10-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Seems nobody has mentioned Stat gains. I see this as a problem as well. 3 days of choppin trees for 1.5 gain in str. Insane.

SOme sort of a tutorial on some basics would also be nice. Many dont have a clue about where to even begin. Tutorial could also point out the hazards of Chopping ALL trees, or pulling grass/metal/cloth ect to the bare dirt. Many places ruined simply because they dont know these things.

Bows and archery. Was stated WAAAYYYY Back in Janruary that Bows and arrows were 'ready to go' WTF. 10 mos later still not in game?

Alignment gains and losses mean what? What is the down side to being Evil over good? Without some reason NOT to kill everyone you see we all know what kind of chars that is going to breed......Mortal online nightmares yet?

Hodo
10-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Hmm... bring me back.

-F2P option, If a product is good I will pay for it, if it is bad I wont play, if its "eh" I will play it till it gets good or something better comes along. F2P brings a population boost which is something any sandbox game needs.

-My combat overhall and suggestions that was locked in another forum. In short Roma Victor's combat system.

-Archery, spears, two handed weapons, non-native ameican themed armour, ranged weapons (thrown weapons)

-Pets, and Mounts

-Farming

-animal husbandry

-Pros and cons to housing... Like a crafting bonus while working inside a certain type of structure.

-eating and drinking that makes sense.

-player owned controlled NPCs. (like Roma Victor, just smarter.)

These are just a few things.

NorCalGooey
10-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Yeah hodo, im thinking of making a list.

halldorr
10-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Left because there didn't seem to be a reason why we were building our wonderful towns and things. I left when animals were just being added back in so when I was playing there wasn't any animal or they were horribly sparse. Wanted to see abandoned totems expire or decay and wanted some reason to have to keep crafting. Some animals/zombies etc attacking towns would be nice. At the time I just didn't figure it was worth subscribing too although I love the premise and I quite like the look of the game too.