PDA

View Full Version : Is there any point to posting here?

Mactavendish
09-14-2011, 08:23 AM
If we had new players dropping in somewhat regularly, I could see a reason to post comments, opinions and rebuttals.

As it is, it seems to be a a small handful of players arguing with each other. No real info being given, nothing of value to the community nor potential players.

I had thought to be an offsetting voice against the rampant negative posts that have become the norm here, but now cant see any benefit from doing so.

So, any of you that actually play this game, what do you think?

Is there any point to posting here at all?

( and to all you non-playing lurkers with the whiny attitudes, post away, as you have nothing better to do )

virror
09-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Ofcourse, i read the forums alot. If no one posts decent stuff, no decent stuff will be posted : p

Willowhawk
09-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Ofcourse, i read the forums alot. If no one posts decent stuff, no decent stuff will be posted : p
Exactly! Don't get discouraged Mac, I always read your post and appreciate them as well as others constructive posts.

MrDDT
09-14-2011, 09:53 AM
I think right now the forums is mostly where people get information from about the game.

Once the game is doing better and content/features/system are working and added. This is where people will be looking first.

( and to all you non-playing lurkers with the whiny attitudes, post away, as you have nothing better to do )

With comments like these, you think you are not the lurker or the one with the whiny attitude? Really? So sad.

Mactavendish
09-14-2011, 10:43 AM
That's right.. I am most certainly not a lurker, since I play every day of the week .

I am also not whining about all the problems I cannot personally fix nor am I running players away with overt negativity.

I am just very tired of these forums. ANY positive posts gets immediately attacked or hijacked, and usually by players that don't even play.

I guess I would like to see more players post here to help off set the negativity, but not many post here anymore except to complain. I guess they feel they will get the attention of the dev's, but I'm not sure about that anymore.

I will freely admit that atm, there are more people complaining about the game than saying good things, and yet they still play every day as well.

If you like the game enough to play it PLEASE post something positive. It's gotten very lonely here for me. I still play and have a blast doing what I do... But posting here just to be hijacked has gotten on my last nerve, and has caused me to be much like those I fight against. I don't much like that.

Any of you willing to help?

virror
09-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Feel free to help with the new Arch recipe thread : p

inhabit
09-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Mac im struggling :) sorry will try :)

Like-my tribe and people ive met ingame over the past 6 months ive been here, again ive been here almost everyday (sheesh i need to get a life)lol
Like- the open world, have your own area to build and the creativity that brings. In saying that ive built nothing lol
Like - the junk piles (when its working satisfactory) like just now its not bad :)
Like - hunting animals (again when working/ingame)

As for forums being the way they are, I think its down to lack of game variety/content/reasons so all that ever get brought up is the same rehashed frustrated stuff.
Game is moving too slowly for alot of people, those of us who have been ingame for a while are well aware of the issues so no need for me to state these.
Hopefully we get some movement soon...but i say that to myself every month :)

In saying that I would still rather spend my time playing here and talking in this game than be in any others atm.

Jadzia
09-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Don't get discouraged, Mac, keeping up the spirit is not easy but always worth it.
About negativity...I think that is common in every game forum, there are always more people complaining than saying good things, that is human nature I guess. Positive people are usually more quiet, and since they have nothing to complain about they just play the game in peace.

The forum became much more enjoyable for me in the last few days, since I put DDT on ignore...I can't even describe the difference. This is not meant as an attack against DDT, just a personal advice to you, Mac :)

eric
09-14-2011, 12:42 PM
I've had the pleasure on a couple of occasions to play while you are too MrMac.
And you come across as one of the best mannered people I know online. What Jadzia wrote just above me (assuming I'm posting my response in time!) fits me: "positive people are usually more quiet".

While I often agree with what you are trying to bring across, I just don't feel an urge to subject my positivism about the game to the negative people that dominate the forums.
Not that I don't have gripes with the game or some of its mechanics, I do. I also don't understand why it takes the developers so long to add useful stuff to the game (for instance carts or purpose to fight), but I don't think that my whining about that will speed up the progress.

No, I choose to play 'my game' inside of the game and not on a forum.
Especially one persons attitude of 'I speak the TRUTH and all who disagree are carebears and ruin the game' really annoys me. I too have this person on ignore but sadly others quote what he writes, so its still hard to escape his negativity. And what saddens me even more than this person is the fact that the developers seem to enjoy his presence, since he is allowed to continue sprout his truth, even claiming to speak for 'many'.

All in all, I do applaud you for your stamina and perseverance Mac, but I see almost no reason to read or post here more often than I do.

I'd say in closing: keep on Laughing you tree! :)

severin
09-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Objective, informative and constructive posts are more than welcome and needed here for both new, newer and older players.

Before subscribing to this game I plowed through these fora for any bit of information I could get.
What I also remember is that it made me almost NOT subscribe to the game because of pointless, selfcentered and subjective comments made to posts I wanted to read more about.
I don't mind a good debate, but there should be a point other than personal gains. Don't ruin others posts by making it a personal crusade. New players certainly don't need that.

Riverspirit
09-14-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't post a lot, but I enjoy reading your posts Mac. I think it is worth posting, and we just have to ignore the negative comments and name calling from the dissenters so we can enjoy constructive debates and conversations. This is a great source of information.

Aethaeryn
09-14-2011, 05:10 PM
As a whiny lurker I would say that your counter balance is important. New people coming here need to see both sides. Maybe you are tired of providing it and I understand that.

Honestly though many of the threads here are started by you and the negativity seems to come as a counter to your posts. I see it going both ways. Maybe I just ignore the negative threads though as I have heard it all.

Dubanka
09-14-2011, 07:28 PM
as a whiney lurker i'm discouraged because nothing has changed sufficiently in recent history to even warrant more whining. so sad.

and to be fair mac, most of your posts really don't add much (because again, there isn't sufficient change to even warrant new conversation), they are basically, as you said, cheerleading 'offsetting' posts to try and balance the realist/negative posts and positions out there.

you are no better, or worse than the other side, just a different point of view. Please step down off the high horse.

China
09-14-2011, 10:09 PM
as a whiney lurker i'm discouraged because nothing has changed sufficiently in recent history to even warrant more whining. so sad.

So when was the last time you played Dubanka? Details please (day & month)

I ask because you identified yourself as a "whiney lurker".

Of course there are things that were not complete or up to your standards when you played last, and that you have told us about - ad nausem. But really, when personally did you play or pay last? What are your relevenant gripes about the state of the game today? Have there been improvements to your satisfaction pertaining to your gripes, or again are you going on when you played/paid last (5 months ago)? Have you been ingame or on the test server to give us your input to whether those bugs/content patches were working that you love to complain about, or at least being fixed or have been fixed. You don't know for sure, do you? Is your so called objective opinion vastly out of date or going by someone else's "objective" out of date opinion influencing yours? You owe it to the forum readers to be honest about that. I challenge you to pay & play to find out yourself. Then.... you can add your constructive critque, or you can quit posting "your out-of-date" non-constructive posts. And don't give the excuse...."well, so and so told you". That won't cut it.

I'm on every day. Working to make the game all it can be and watching and giving feedback to the devs, guides etc. how their hard work is helping, working or failing. Until you do that also, on the level that I do it, and many many other players are doing, then you don't deserve any credence. And the readers/lurkers of the forums need to know that about you and what your "real credential's" are. You are not active - you do not pay - you do not test - you do not give constructive feed back - The truth is you are a "whiner". You love to whine because that is who you are, a whiner - you have not played/paid for weeks and months and do not know first hand the state of the game. The new players/lurkers etc. need to know that truth and I'm here to tell them.

So get yourself some current pay/playtime and give us your "self-vaulted" opinion, or at least be honest enough to say...."when I played way back when". Otherwise, you are a blowhard and I have no problem calling you out on it.

As a final word, I will at least give you this...you were honest to admit that you had a whiney voice. That part by golly was the truth

China

fotuenti
09-15-2011, 08:13 AM
/de-lurk

i just enjoy coming here to watch you guys ball kick each other. i guess once that dries up i'll move on to something else. i have no interest in paying for this game, if they give me some free play time i _might_ reinstall and check it out. but frankly all my tribe has left and i find the core mechanics really mind numbingly boring, i flat out do not have fun playing this game. i find it amusing that i have more fun watching the sloppy mess of rants that go back and forth on this forum than having any desire to play again.

so, i guess, thanks to you guys for creating content on the forums that is fun for me :)

Dubanka
09-15-2011, 12:16 PM
So when was the last time you played Dubanka? Details please (day & month)

I ask because you identified yourself as a "whiney lurker".

Of course there are things that were not complete or up to your standards when you played last, and that you have told us about - ad nausem. But really, when personally did you play or pay last? What are your relevenant gripes about the state of the game today? Have there been improvements to your satisfaction pertaining to your gripes, or again are you going on when you played/paid last (5 months ago)? Have you been ingame or on the test server to give us your input to whether those bugs/content patches were working that you love to complain about, or at least being fixed or have been fixed. You don't know for sure, do you? Is your so called objective opinion vastly out of date or going by someone else's "objective" out of date opinion influencing yours? You owe it to the forum readers to be honest about that. I challenge you to pay & play to find out yourself. Then.... you can add your constructive critque, or you can quit posting "your out-of-date" non-constructive posts. And don't give the excuse...."well, so and so told you". That won't cut it.

I'm on every day. Working to make the game all it can be and watching and giving feedback to the devs, guides etc. how their hard work is helping, working or failing. Until you do that also, on the level that I do it, and many many other players are doing, then you don't deserve any credence. And the readers/lurkers of the forums need to know that about you and what your "real credential's" are. You are not active - you do not pay - you do not test - you do not give constructive feed back - The truth is you are a "whiner". You love to whine because that is who you are, a whiner - you have not played/paid for weeks and months and do not know first hand the state of the game. The new players/lurkers etc. need to know that truth and I'm here to tell them.

So get yourself some current pay/playtime and give us your "self-vaulted" opinion, or at least be honest enough to say...."when I played way back when". Otherwise, you are a blowhard and I have no problem calling you out on it.

As a final word, I will at least give you this...you were honest to admit that you had a whiney voice. That part by golly was the truth

China

Hi horse much. jeeze. I last played in July.

Since then none of the issues that I, Me, Personnally, identify with have, or have any appearance of, been addressed.
Do you really need constructive criticism on desynch being an issue?
Do you really need any more 'constructive' criticism on there not being a point to do anything?

I'm not sure where your hate is coming from, as i have not really been engaged in a detailed gameplay discussion since i've actively played.

I am happy that you can enjoy paying for and playing an incomplete game. Unfortunately you're not telling the 'truth' any more than DDT is telling the 'truth'. You are stating an opinion based upon your experience, your level of patience and your level of expectation. Your opinion is no more valid or 'right' than anybody elses.

Again, i'm not sure where the personal attack hate is coming from, I have mostly tried to take pains to keep my posts factual (through my lens of reality/expectations at least) and constructive...with ideas for how to fix things that I perceived as a problem...that 'your side' disagrees with my suggestions, is merely a difference of opinion...However i do realize, that in your mind, making note of things that are not right, or do not work, or could be better, is just 'whining'. So apologies there.

So yes, and of course the 'real me'...Full Disclosure! since this is all about me. I played pretty regularly from feb through mid july...at that point i stopped seeing changes that affected gameplay in a material way, and have felt no desire to log back in. Since that time I, obviously keep up on the boards, and look for feedback that maybe, just maybe the ball might have moved in a direction that would cause me to log back in again....to date i haven't see it.

finally:

I'm on every day. Working to make the game all it can be
It's a game, not a job...for me at least...I am gladdened that you can find it within yourself to donate money towards an effort that is incomplete, and not really working as intended...I don't have the energy to do that for an extended basis, much less pay to do it. I've said it before, and i'll say it again, you are getting the game your wanted, crafting, safety, everything for everyone, holding hands in the fire light, thousands of players to craft and trade with, building cities, making wares, trading them for other wares, stacking them neatly on a shelf...gaming nirvana. Why so angry?

MrDDT
09-15-2011, 02:09 PM
I've said it before, and i'll say it again, you are getting the game your wanted, crafting, safety, everything for everyone, holding hands in the fire light, thousands of players to craft and trade with, building cities, making wares, trading them for other wares, stacking them neatly on a shelf...gaming nirvana. Why so angry?

Because they were pro for this type of play, and they believed its what they wanted. They wont believe anything else no matter how much data supports otherwise. Now that its not working out well they have to place blame elsewhere, they cant look in and say sorry they were wrong. They cant admit it, to themselves or others. This just gets them upset. They lash out, they make personal attacks because using data from the game doesnt work anymore. They cant go off "theory" anymore as the data is rolling in everyday of people not happy with the game, quitting and few staying to play the game.

With the server under populated, systems failing, broken systems, missing systems, and lacking of so many other things, they have no where else to turn but the other players. So they lash out, trying to put some type of blame or draw attention to something else in hopes the magnifying glass will look elsewhere than their failures.

krimara
09-15-2011, 04:18 PM
You both do know that Xsyon Mercenaries is a PvP tribe? We will have the other side of the coin but for most of us PvP is the end goal.

MrDDT
09-15-2011, 04:31 PM
You both do know that Xsyon Mercenaries is a PvP tribe? We will have the other side of the coin but for most of us PvP is the end goal.

I do know they claim to be one, yet never do. But yes I know they think they are.

Dubanka
09-15-2011, 07:27 PM
ok, so i logged in.

and i still couldnt bring myself to drag stuff into boxes and press enter for the sake of dragging them into boxes and pressing enter.

and i still found that i've terraformed everything i care to.

and there we have it.

soulless
09-16-2011, 10:18 AM
to the original topic, no, not at the moment.

The use of derogatory names just puts people on the defensive and no one gets any useful point across. Even the developer in the Q/A used "carebear" ver. PVP to describe the sides here, when it is clearly non-pvp ver. pvp.

As soon as Greefer is used for PVP, or carebear for non-pvp, the conversation is over. But people don’t see this issue, and continue to go round and round :P

eric
09-16-2011, 10:29 AM
to the original topic, no, not at the moment.

The use of derogatory names just puts people on the defensive and no one gets any useful point across. Even the developer in the Q/A used "carebear" ver. PVP to describe the sides here, when it is clearly non-pvp ver. pvp.

As soon as Greefer is used for PVP, or carebear for non-pvp, the conversation is over. But people don’t see this issue, and continue to go round and round :P

Very good distinction, I agree with this very much.

MrDDT
09-16-2011, 10:31 AM
I dont find "carebear" a bad term, it would be like calling someone a nice person.
Calling someone mean, or a griefer is a term. However calling someone a PVPer isnt.

Only time calling someone a PVP or Carebear is considered "bad" is when the person you are calling it doesnt believe it to be true, and doesnt like the other.

If I were a mean person and you were calling me nice and sweet, I wouldnt like that.

If you believe "carebear" is a bad term then, Im sorry that's your belief.

trash656
09-16-2011, 10:44 AM
MrDDT you bring alot of flavor to these forums I know I am glad that you are around, but I got a question for you. Do you ever notice that no one is ever really listening to you while you continue to go on rambling about your interesting gaming theorys? :)

OP
No i don't think the forums are really worth visiting anymore. Mostly just a bunch of complaining. Better to get the info in the game from people who actually play the game.

fatboy21007
09-16-2011, 11:35 AM
whats a fourm?

MrDDT
09-16-2011, 12:17 PM
MrDDT you bring alot of flavor to these forums I know I am glad that you are around, but I got a question for you. Do you ever notice that no one is ever really listening to you while you continue to go on rambling about your interesting gaming theorys? :)

OP
No i don't think the forums are really worth visiting anymore. Mostly just a bunch of complaining. Better to get the info in the game from people who actually play the game.

I would believe that if I didnt have a ton of people PM me or tell me to keep up. A lot of people do agree with what Im saying, but they tend not to post "Hey what MrDDT said".

Most of these people you see here posting dont even play very much believe it or not. Few people even play this game.

I dont mind posting my theories of what I believe will help the game, I try to post all the info about it instead of "This game sucks" I do like to post "This game sucks, here is why, and here is what I think could help" instead. I do tend to ramble. Think it would help if I just said it more briefly?

eric
09-16-2011, 01:27 PM
I do tend to ramble. Think it would help if I just said it more briefly?

I think that it would help if you would leave more room in discussions for other views without you immediately responding with the 'I speak the truth and you are ignorant for not seeing your error in the way you think' -manner which you usually do.

The funny part is (I think) that you do bring valid issues or opinions to the forum on occasion and for that your presence here is appreciated.
You just are too full of your own opinion and you believe it is the only correct one. That alienates people from you.

A lot of people do agree with what Im saying, but they tend not to post "Hey what MrDDT said".

Maybe this quote and what I wrote just before it explains why those people do not want to openly be associated with your views.

Just a thought, not something I could back with some 'hard data' :). Think about it if you can and are willing.

JCatano
09-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Eric -

The people who have some of the same views about Xsyon rarely even check the forums, anymore. Jordi's original vision brought us here at first, then some of his new ideas caused us to leave.

It is what it is, now... Empty.

NorCalGooey
09-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Yup well said JC

Aethaeryn
09-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Yup well said JC

Thats it. . I am logging in. . rerolling and going to have some fun.

NorCalGooey
09-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Thats it. . I am logging in. . rerolling and going to have some fun.

Are you resubscribing or just logging in after not playing for a while? The game still has some fun elements to me.

Why would you reroll?

Hodo
09-17-2011, 10:14 AM
As I said in my guilds forum...

Still isnt Roma Victor.

Aethaeryn
09-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Are you resubscribing or just logging in after not playing for a while? The game still has some fun elements to me.

Why would you reroll?

Logging in after not playing forever.

I decided to re-roll to see how the game would appeal to a new player and wanted different stats. My stats where so combat oriented that I suffered pretty hard in the crafting department.

From playing last night I noticed a few things:

1) The game is "harder" as it should be
2) It seems to look a bit nicer for some reason
3) There are trees!
4) There are waaaay too many totems with only a pile of logs beside them . .I only saw two people chat and never ran into anyone . . yet I could not find a decent free spot to set up camp.
5) Given the increase in difficulty and the increase I see coming. . decay etc. There needs to be even more of a reason to do things - which I do not see yet.

It was fun to run around but I basically thought. . okay this is going to take me longer. . with no meaning behind what I am doing. But then I thought about the other MMOs I play. . what is the purpose there beside leveling or beating a boss. I will keep at it for a bit. . The empty / abandoned totems was the worst thing I saw. . as a "new" player it looks more like a piles of garbage everywhere. . nothing like the prestine world we all rushed to populate.

Saorlan
09-21-2011, 06:08 AM
These forums have got to be cleared up. As it stands all that happens here is MrDDT, Jadzia and that NorCal argue endlessly in post after post. Any post or idea that anyone puts up MrDDT tries to shoot down, nothing positive or constructive can be discussed in that environment.

The same old trolls are dominating these boards and making is unreadable.

A lot of people bought the game and no longer play as they are waiting for things to drastically improve. I pop in on the forum ever few months and all I see is the same endless arguments, it puts people off.

MrDDT
09-21-2011, 09:30 AM
These forums have got to be cleared up. As it stands all that happens here is MrDDT, Jadzia and that NorCal argue endlessly in post after post. Any post or idea that anyone puts up MrDDT tries to shoot down, nothing positive or constructive can be discussed in that environment.

The same old trolls are dominating these boards and making is unreadable.

A lot of people bought the game and no longer play as they are waiting for things to drastically improve. I pop in on the forum ever few months and all I see is the same endless arguments, it puts people off.

If the game had working systems, and was fun, you wouldnt see me making the posts I do. They would be minor balancing issues.
Instead of coming here, and posting your trolling posts which this isnt the first one. Put some input into the game.

Ive posted MANY good ideas, and I give feedback on the game, that is from experience and from playing. Where is yours?

I read back through you posts, and there isnt much there that isnt trolling, calling people names, or whining for people to stop debating things.

I'm sorry for getting upset but I'm tired of people like this that do nothing for the game telling others that ARE trying to help and put time and effort into helping.

I might not like Jadzia, or NorCal however, I respect them for posting their ideas and opinions even if I don't agree or understand them.

Both play the game, and have a valued opinion, not just to me but others.

You want to talk about trolling turn the focus on yourself. I'm sorry for getting off topic, but this has got to stop. Its so sad that these types of players add nothing to helping the game upset because some people are debating what they feel will help.

NorCalGooey
09-21-2011, 02:29 PM
I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone when people call DDT or I a troll.

Yeah, discussing the game is a bad thing, but telling people not to discuss on the forums isn't a bad thing?

I'd love for someone to copy and paste some trolling posts of me or DDT. It's all discussion on the state of the game, suggestions, questions or reporting bugs

Mactavendish
09-22-2011, 07:29 AM
According to Wikipedia : Trolling is widely defined as performing actions deliberately to provoke a reaction.

According to Tom Postmes, a professor of social and organisational psychology at the universities of Exeter and Groningen, Netherlands, and the author of Individuality and the Group, who has studied online behavior for 20 years"..Trolls aspire to violence, to the level of trouble they can cause in an environment. They want it to kick off. They want to promote antipathetic emotions of disgust and outrage, which morbidly gives them a sense of pleasure."

Now...

If you say trolling it simply to provoke a response we all are trolls at times as we ALL want a response to what we say, usually a positive response in agreement.

However, I think with the emotions that folks here show in their posts, it seems more than that. A player will post a statement of perspective, and another player will fire back a reply that is not only in disagreement, but is full of anger and emotion, and appears to be designed to do as Professor Postmes said, "They want to promote antipathetic emotions of disgust and outrage". The reply is out of balance with what they are replying to.

In this regard, Norcal and DDT, AND a few other INCLUDING myself have overreacted to what someone has posted.

I will let the reads of this forum decide who fits Professor Postmes's description.

MrDDT
09-22-2011, 01:42 PM
So you are saying you are trolling. Gotcha, so stop it.

I dont agree with either of those terms for trolling, so I wont stop how I post. I post my opinions rarely personal attacks.

Sometimes people take something personal when its not a personal attack at all.

Like calling someone a carebear. I've yet to hear anyone come up with a better term for someone that doesnt like to do PVP, nor conflict of any type with other players.
If you call them "non-pvpers" then they try to get all technical and say "I'm a pvper, I hit my friend once by mistake while we were fighting a bear", so I am again forced to use carebear.

It would also be like calling a PVPer who is aggressive, a ganker or a PKer. People sometimes thinks these are bad terms, again they are not. They describe the type of person, and nothing more you can do.

Anyways good luck with looking up your terms on the net and trying to figure out what it means, most people would just use common sense. I guess its running short on the subscription forums.

Willowhawk
09-22-2011, 03:30 PM
I dont agree with either of those terms for trolling, so I wont stop how I post. I post my opinions rarely personal attacks. Why would you accept the terms defined by a professor of organizational psychology when you know more than anyone?

Sometimes people take something personal when its not a personal attack at all.
This is because you have poor social skills and are generally rude to everyone

If you call them "non-pvpers" then they try to get all technical and say "I'm a pvper, I hit my friend once by mistake while we were fighting a bear", so I am again forced to use carebear. LOL You will twist anything into your distorted world view just to try and win an argument. This should be up for the "dumbest statement on a forum award", You sir right now are becoming the king of bad arguments. It may even precede your title as macro king!!!

Now if this is trolling by YOUR definition MrDDT then expect more. There is a reason you have nearly 2000 posts on the forum, you troll! You leave no idea, no suggestion, no constructive or positive post untainted by your warped, over bloated self important ego. Even when a perfectly sound answer is left to a question by a new or potentially new player, you will follow up with the same answer. Why? Do you just like to hear yourself talk? I said this before and I will say it again, you are the bane of this forum, and YOU along with a couple others are the primary reason for the original post. "Is there any point to posting here?" Sure, as long as you are OK with the world according to DDT.

MrDDT
09-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Why would you accept the terms defined by a professor of organizational psychology when you know more than anyone?

This is because you have poor social skills and are generally rude to everyone

LOL You will twist anything into your distorted world view just to try and win an argument. This should be up for the "dumbest statement on a forum award", You sir right now are becoming the king of bad arguments. It may even precede your title as macro king!!!

Now if this is trolling by YOUR definition MrDDT then expect more. There is a reason you have nearly 2000 posts on the forum, you troll! You leave no idea, no suggestion, no constructive or positive post untainted by your warped, over bloated self important ego. Even when a perfectly sound answer is left to a question by a new or potentially new player, you will follow up with the same answer. Why? Do you just like to hear yourself talk? I said this before and I will say it again, you are the bane of this forum, and YOU along with a couple others are the primary reason for the original post. "Is there any point to posting here?" Sure, as long as you are OK with the world according to DDT.

So if I get another professor to dispute this professor you are ok with mine?
No offense, but soon as he said "aspire to violence" I knew he was wrong. Trolls on the forums and the net rarely if ever come to violence. So I have no idea what this guy is talking about, and I could easy get a few professors of physiologically to prove that.

Being rude doesnt mean I'm making personal attacks.

You are still calling me a troll, and according to the term you and mac agree on, I'm not a troll as I dont want violence.
So please, stop making personal attacks (again), and get back on the focus of the topic.

Willowhawk
09-22-2011, 06:04 PM
So if I get another professor to dispute this professor you are ok with mine? Go ahead. Talk is cheap.

No offense, but soon as he said "aspire to violence" I knew he was wrong. Trolls on the forums and the net rarely if ever come to violence. LOL OK second dumbest statement today.

Notice the word "Aspire" You may want to take a reading comprehension course, you always get these things wrong. It said "Trolls Aspire to Violence", to the level of trouble they can cause in an environment. They want it to kick off. They want to promote antipathetic emotions of disgust and outrage, which morbidly gives them a sense of pleasure."
This statment is referring to emotional behavior, not actual physical violence. I can't believe I'm actually explain this.

MrDDT
09-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Go ahead. Talk is cheap.
LOL OK second dumbest statement today.

Notice the word "Aspire" You may want to take a reading comprehension course, you always get these things wrong. It said "Trolls Aspire to Violence", to the level of trouble they can cause in an environment. They want it to kick off. They want to promote antipathetic emotions of disgust and outrage, which morbidly gives them a sense of pleasure."
This statment is referring to emotional behavior, not actual physical violence. I can't believe I'm actually explain this.

Wow, again is this trolling?
Look up the word violence. Understand what it means, then think about it, then ask your mom to explain it to you. Then come talk to me, thanks kid.
(That's trolling BTW).

fatboy21007
09-22-2011, 06:40 PM
im a troll, proud of it, and its always directed at 1 person, DDT shut up ya dumb shit and go outside, surely you gotta be sick of being in that chair! Sorry OP just sayin things how i see them, he does the same to everyone else, So i just give him the same love he gives every1 else XD

NorCalGooey
09-22-2011, 07:56 PM
It's so pathetic how verbally abusive people are to DDT PERSONALLY, when he is not verbally abusive to them PERSONALLY (except maybe fatboy).

He just tells it how it is, but that doesn't mean he's going to rip into your personality. Not unless you rip into his first. But him telling it how it is (it being the state of the game) seems to bother people personally (it's ego)

The problem you all have with DDT is that he is brash. That doesn't mean he hates you, it just means he has a harder time communicating truth to those who are blind to it without coming off as condescending.

Teaching truth without acting as a superior to those who do not know truth is one of the most difficult attitudes to manifest.

Anyway people, focus on the message, not the delivery of the messenger.

Dubanka
09-22-2011, 08:08 PM
and he disagrees with them.
he's the last of the active pvp players...and they hate (like really irl don't like you pissed in their cheerios irl don't like) pvprs.
back months ago, one of mine was called a sociopath because we like to fight other players. in a similar thread another person alleged that we like to kill kittens (because there is that obvious connection between kitten killing and fighting other players in an mmo).

i've said it quite a few times...this community deserves the game it has gotten. The carebear nation won. grats.

Willowhawk
09-22-2011, 08:11 PM
It's so pathetic how verbally abusive people are to DDT PERSONALLY, when he is not verbally abusive to them PERSONALLY (except maybe fatboy). He just tells it how it is, but that doesn't mean he's going to rip into your personality. Not unless you rip into his first. But him telling it how it is (it being the state of the game) seems to bother people personally (it's ego) The problem you all have with DDT is that he is brash. That doesn't mean he hates you, it just means he has a harder time communicating truth to those who are blind to it without coming off as condescending. Teaching truth without acting as a superior to those who do not know truth is one of the most difficult attitudes to manifest. Anyway people, focus on the message, not the delivery of the messenger.

The term is Narcissistic personality disorder or NPD
To the extent that people are pathologically narcissistic, they can be controlling, blaming, self-absorbed, intolerant of others’ views, unaware of others' needs and of the effects of their behavior on others, and insistent that others see them as they wish to be seen.

And I find it a bit perplexing that you NorCal constantly defend MrDDT even after he has stated publicly that he doesn't like you.

NorCalGooey
09-22-2011, 09:56 PM
That's where you need to elevate your consciousness. DDT could come up with the cure for cancer (although there already are cures, but they are not legal or even known they exist by the masses), and because he is DDT and your past affiliations for him, you would look straight through the message or the truth that is.

I defend what DDT stands for, I'm not defending DDT.

He doesn't like me but he sure as hell likes me a lot more than all of you. Probably because he understands that I understand the problems with this game.

How is he intolerant of others views? He has never ONCE said a player shouldn't be able to play the way they want play. He accepts everyone choice to play as they wish. Those who are playing as they wish, are very few in numbers, and make up roughly 5% of the original population. The other 95% could not play as they wished, so they left.

fatboy21007
09-22-2011, 10:25 PM
btw im in my own corner, ya want my opinion, alright ill give it to ya, and nope i ant takin sides, This game is fucked. it isnt the devs fault, not the players fault, its the moneys fault, wasnt enough to get the rite amount of team to build the game up where it needed to be, because of this too many have left, So this game will only have a small community, but as my understanding, thats enough to make the dev's smile, which im fine with.

yea wish things can go faster and all that dream crap we all wanted would happen, but it wont, and if it does, your talking ways down the road. Btw all of ya stop attacking the devs, before ya bitched about not geting any info, now they give ya some and a target plan and goal and they can make it each time because shit happens, problams arise the take longer to fix or folks got RL issues goin on. neither be patient or walk away, the game u all seek isnt happen anytime soon, but it will one day, just will take alot of time to reach their. Also i find these fourms pointless now, no on can post their ideas without 1 end or the other bickering over whos got the biggest dick. Personaly i dont see why the hell u all keep doing it, your ideas will be heard but wont be ingame (maybe tiny elements) but the devs have a set plan.

i also vote for the entire fourms to be 100% wiped, alot ingame has changed, they need a fresh start, also these fourms need a constant moding, i shouldnt be able to tell ddt to pull a stick out his ass or that hes a complete and utter dumbass, but i did (few did get deleted but not all). ALot needs done around here and nice start, would be clearing these fourms and those claiming carebears killed the game n the those claiming pvp killed the game, nahh progress did, and its not any1's fault their, can only do so much in a days time. But if i were to choose a side i say neither ya both had a fair part in it, and thats the constant everyday bickering. accept the devs plans, give up ur darkfall clone or your wow clone, this is a middle compromise here, i said it before and itll be here expansion totems with everything attackable and only those who pvp get expansion totems. Anyhow, theirs my opinion, Now ill go back to playin Second Life while i wait on patchs and trees, have a nice day .

Willowhawk
09-23-2011, 12:04 AM
Well said Fatboy :D

GuideRaguel
09-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Closed. Do not re-open this topic.