PDA

View Full Version : Planning to purchase the game

Kiartan
10-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Hi there,

I know that there are other posts regarding this, but after reading them all I still can't make my mind. It seems that there is a a lot of diversity of opinions about Xsyon, and that's not helping my cause, thou it's pretty interesting to get all the points of view.
From what I'm getting, the idea behind this game it's very exciting and I think, for how I like to play games (specially lots of rpgs), I'd love it. But before spending that much money, which I'm short of, I'd like to ask you guys a few questions... Here they are:
1-How many players are usually on?
2-How's the community? I believe that these kind of games are "made" by the players. I can not be technically perfect, but with a good and friendly community...
3-How's the RP? Is it common?
4-Is the Dev team working on improving the game and listening to players?

And that's all for now.
Thanks for your time and excuse my english.
Cheers,
Joel

KeithStone
10-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Hi there,

I know that there are other posts regarding this, but after reading them all I still can't make my mind. It seems that there is a a lot of diversity of opinions about Xsyon, and that's not helping my cause, thou it's pretty interesting to get all the points of view.
From what I'm getting, the idea behind this game it's very exciting and I think, for how I like to play games (specially lots of rpgs), I'd love it. But before spending that much money, which I'm short of, I'd like to ask you guys a few questions... Here they are:
1-How many players are usually on?
2-How's the community? I believe that these kind of games are "made" by the players. I can not be technically perfect, but with a good and friendly community...
3-How's the RP? Is it common?
4-Is the Dev team working on improving the game and listening to players?

And that's all for now.
Thanks for your time and excuse my english.
Cheers,
Joel

1. There seems to be around 20-25 players on at any give time
2. Community seems to be pretty good and willing to help, however there are always a few bad apples anywhere you go
3. Not much of an RP community right now, but doesn't mean you can't get one going there always seems to be someone who would rather RP than just sit and bs with players about nothing
4. Best dev team I've ever seen in such a small indie game, always posting updates and patch releases come out anywhere from 1-3 patch releases in one month- they also use a test server where anyone can login and test out the latest build when they have it turned on.

VeryWiiTee
10-16-2011, 07:42 PM
1. There seems to be around 20-25 players on at any give time
2. Community seems to be pretty good and willing to help, however there are always a few bad apples anywhere you go
3. Not much of an RP community right now, but doesn't mean you can't get one going there always seems to be someone who would rather RP than just sit and bs with players about nothing
4. Best dev team I've ever seen in such a small indie game, always posting updates and patch releases come out anywhere from 1-3 patch releases in one month- they also use a test server where anyone can login and test out the latest build when they have it turned on.

1. Forget his answers of how many players are online. It is not a DEV given answer and thus not at all correct. A lot of people do not bother with the global chat in this game. The last time I got an answer on online activity it was around 45 players. This was a good deal of months ago and the number has surely risen since then.
2. The community is awesome compared to many other standard MMO games (WoW, Aion etc). I suppose/expect it is like any other small game community though.
3. I've yet to see a proper RP community in any game. I can't comment on it in this either.
4. Awesome communication between DEVS and Community. The community have a major impact on this game, which is what I like about it. (Aren't a DEV always trying to improve their game..?)
4a. Remember that just because players want one thing, does not mean that the DEV can a) create this thing, b) want this thing, c) find this thing appropriate for the game. (In general I'd say it's a bad idea listening too much to players as they are biased as hell. A quick read-through on these forums should prove that point. First they wanted one combat system, then they wanted a second combat system because the old wasn't what they actually wanted in the first place..)

That's just my 2 cents :). But I'm (apparently) a fanboi so you probably shouldn't listen at all to me..

VeryWiiTee
10-17-2011, 07:39 PM
And it's awesome when people that haven't bought the game comments on how it is going..

If they're teal, forget what they say, it is people that haven't bought a copy - regardless of them owning a copy on another account they may have.. And sorry for this, but this especially concerns Fahln and Maxhardcore whom only seem to be interested in trolling like WoW fans trolled EQ2 fans and EQ2 fans trolled WoW fans :).

But their responses should pretty much reveal that themselves.

fotuenti
10-18-2011, 05:23 AM
1. not sure how many total, the last time I played I came across about 12-15 other players.
2. there is a small but dedicated group of players who love Xsyon, they are generally very helpful and will make your first steps in the world easier if you wish to interact with them. there is also a group of former players who are some what upset with the direction the game has taken, they are pretty vocal on the forums.
3. from my perspective the RP was almost non-existent. there are a few players who seemed to be wanting RP and I think they have followed their own direction, but I never encountered any RP. the RP opportunities have more to do with your incentive, the game itself does not provide much in the way of coercion towards RP as the main play style(e.g. surviving and building) is not that difficult.
4. the dev team is active and provides ample feedback on their progress. the big question is more about the direction the dev team has taken. some view it as a positive step forward, others view it as a detraction from making the game better.

if you are tight on money I would recommend passing on Xsyon. I find it mildly entertaining but it lacks a certain something that would make it enjoyable on the long term scale. on the other hand, if you have extra money definitely check it out as there are some enjoyable parts.

sunshiner
12-24-2011, 05:51 PM
25-100 players? holy shit.. happy i read that before subsribing to the game again, how in the world can it be fun to play with so few people?

NorCalGooey
12-24-2011, 11:18 PM
It can't be. Especially when even if the game had 1000s of players, you know they would all still be in their own little bubbles doing nothing but crafting and building.

Seriously, if there was 1000s of players in Xsyon currently, 90% of the 100 or so people still playing currently wouldn't even know it, because they never leave their bubble.

China
12-25-2011, 08:46 AM
It can't be. Especially when even if the game had 1000s of players, you know they would all still be in their own little bubbles doing nothing but crafting and building.

Seriously, if there was 1000s of players in Xsyon currently, 90% of the 100 or so people still playing currently wouldn't even know it, because they never leave their bubble.

Bah Humbug NorCal

And I say that in the nicest way possible. Have a Happy Holiday

China

NorCalGooey
12-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Same to you China.

I don't know what Bah Humbug means. But I assume you think what I said was incorrect.