PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the week 10/17 through 10/23

GuideRaguel
10-17-2011, 03:17 AM
Please post your Questions to the Developers below...

Thank you.

NorCalGooey
10-18-2011, 12:12 AM
What plans do you have, if any, to balance larger characters with smaller characters?

As of now, advantages for being smaller = being lighter, smaller hit box, and faster (because of being lighter), so uses less stamina as well as being faster

I think it would be fair enough if you could give taller characters a larger base range with all weapons.

KeithStone
10-18-2011, 04:59 AM
1. Do you have plans to make buildings work like bins where you can open them up and store stuff - there is currently so much clutter from the hundred's of bins everywhere.

2. Would it be to difficult to make it so we can dig under our totems in order to move it up or down?

3. Can you give us a select all contents when opening a bin, there's many times when I just need to trash the entire contents of the bin but instead I have to trash each item 50 times - it's hurting my wrists? :(

4. Will different types of structures provide more or less protection from decay like for example a house made from wood vs a house made from brick?

5. Right now we have to click too many buttons while crafting, for example if I want to make 500 mortar I would have to click the mouse button at least 2500 times (I have to click each of lime, sand, bucket, paddle, craft and then I get 1 unit of mortar) - do you have anything planned to help with this?

6. What's your reasoning for allowing everyone to have access to all craft skills? During beta we could only have 1 and this seem to work really well, everyone was out in the world trading. Do you have any more input you can give us that will explain how someone who currently has maxed all their crafts to 100 will not be able to literally be the master of all trades?

7. You mentioned at launch that you wanted to eventually give tribes an option to turn on or off "safe zones" - have you given this more thought as to how you want it to work?

8. Your answer to a previous question: Add expansion totems and allow tribes to remove safe zones.

My Question: Have you thought about how to prevent a tribe that opts for safe zones to be turned on in one totem to keep all their stuff safe and setup a tribe totem next to the safe one to be used for conquest?

Deacon
10-19-2011, 12:14 PM
from me

4.) Can we get differing lengths of wall sections...like 1/2 and 1/4.....would make building to utilise area more efficiently (and is there a fix for yakid post soon ?)

from you

I'm considering this, but the more small building parts we add, the greater effect towns will have on frame rate. We will definitely first add corner parts and a fixed Yakid Post will be patched out with the corner parts.

These are from my previous question...but now you have me worried. I have done extensive "building" in my tribe's location. Once I complete the builds from ghosted projects to finished projects...am I gonna have a lagfest?

At one spot, I have 17 large granite wall sections....Have you considered making some 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, sections as well? (turning that wall into 3 5x sections and 1 2x section, thereby reducing number of building parts) the more nx sections available, along with 1/2x...1/4x sections the more precise and efficient we can be.

Yes, I now this wouldnt be a priority, but with comment in red, I do have concerns.

.................................................. .................................................. ....

What plans do you have, if any, to balance larger characters with smaller characters?

As of now, advantages for being smaller = being lighter, smaller hit box, and faster (because of being lighter), so uses less stamina as well as being faster

I think it would be fair enough if you could give taller characters a larger base range with all weapons.

I certainly hope this isnt turned into another midget fest, because all the benefits go to being small...hit range in this game will have little effect...without adding strength as well as some other attribute tweeks. (yeah, This is where all the badass small guys pipe up and tells us how they kick ass on all the big bad dudes in their hometowns)

.................................................. .................................................. .........

Please tell me that mounts/pets will be persistant in world..and not get stuffed into our packs when done...hated the DF with people having a dozen horses in their packs. Hopefully pets/mounts can be killed as well...forcing people to go to an animal trainer to obtain a new one.
.................................................. .................................................. .........

Are we gonna be able to move projects without losing action on them soon. It's intense to move anything very far right now....click, select move...move one increment, lose action...repeat until project at desired location. Sometimes I do get a couple increments of move, but not often.

Thanks
Deacon

Khalart
10-20-2011, 07:14 AM
1. Is there any plan about Tribe vs Tribe like, for example, totem destruction or conquest?

2. Will carts be lootable (the cart itself)?

Shaggy
10-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Why do we still have the bug where an arch project gets deselected after a few moves? It's been around since arch was around and many many people have reported it.

VeryWiiTee
10-20-2011, 07:40 PM
This will be mostly centered on carts (since players have yet to be able to test them... Why not by the way?! More test results = better patch, no?)

Anywho.

1. Carts cannot enter too deep water. Won't that make carts rather obsolete for most as rivers divide most of the playable areas, water that you need to swim across?
2. Will rivers be a part of the restricted depths or is this intended to be lakes only?
3. Considering that a cart is primarily wood (Wood floats.. I mean, just look at a ship or raft.. Even metal can freaking float..), shouldn't it be the amount of items and thus the cart's total weight that should determine whether the cart could cross a body of water instead of a set in stone depth.
3a. This would also include steep hills.
4. Instead of imposing such a restriction as not letting it cross too deep water/too steep a cliff, impose debuffs that would make it use more energy dragging up the hill/swimming through the water? (More of a suggestion, I know, but I actually want your own input rather than I want to suggest it..).
4a. Thus, should the water be incredibly deep, you would be using a lot more time crossing it than you would with more shallow waters.
4b. If a cliff/hill etc is climbable you can drag the cart up, the steeper the hill (while still being climbable) the more energy used.
5. Where is the skill decay??
6. Any general object decay coming soon to create some meaning with trading/crafting?
7. Agree with DDT, where is the reason for strife?
(The three questions, 5-7, would boost the game up to normal MMO standard.)

My primary worry is that carts will be yet another feature that will be.. why did we get this when we can only use it in very specific places and defo not for trading (I have yet to see an area accessible without swimming through a river/climbing a very steep cliff. Especially trade between Mist People and Lake People will be impossible, still.)

It may or may not have been thought of, no way to really know when we can't test it!!!

MrDDT
10-20-2011, 07:46 PM
What is the reason to play in game?
What are some objectives you see for players?
Where are the needs coming from?
Where is the survival aspect of this game?
Where is the strife?
What is the reason to trade with someone else?

These are questions Im asking myself. I cant really die (Players might kill me if I were mostly afk, animals cant kill me, and dont die from anything else). I have every skill in the game, make just about every item in game, and build just about everything in game that never decays.

My main question is when are we going to get something to shoot for? Things that require teamwork and tactics. Skilled playing and planning?