PDA

View Full Version : Single Elimination 1v1 Tournament, Entry Fee Req.

NorCalGooey
10-18-2011, 08:50 AM
IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE PM ME YOUR GUESSES IN GAME OR ON THE FORUM. THEY SHOULD NOT BE POSTED HERE. My apologies for not being clear from the beginning.

Hey everyone. I thought in light of the recent combat changes, we would have a round of tournaments, for more than just fun.

If the guides can help out on this one, it would be more than appreciated. Especially since it is a wager tournament, and people want to be trusted that they will get paid properly in the end if they do well in the tournament.

When: Saturday, 10/22/2011 - 12PM PST

Where: Hopefully the guides arena, if not, we can use Apache's vacant arena.

Entry fee: choose one

60 master titanium screws OR
90 vhq titanium screws OR
120 HQ titanium screws OR
150 master iron screws OR
180 vhq iron screws OR
210 HQ iron screws OR
250 master screws (any kind) OR
300 vhq screws (any kind) OR
350 high quality screws (any kind) OR
500 screws of any quality and any kind

Rules

1) I am thinking of a number between 1 and 1000. When you signup for the tournament, guess what number I am thinking of. The biggest undershoot and the biggest overshoot will be paired together. Then the 2nd biggest undershoot and 2nd biggest over shoot guess will be paired together, etc on down the line.

2) If we have 16 participants, 4 matches of 1v1 on the left side side will be the first 4 pairs of guesses that over shot or under shot the number I was thinking of. The last 4 pairs will make up the right side of the tournament bracket. If we have slightly under 16 (or a square number amount of players), the closest number(s)to me will get a pass to the next round.

3) No Pre Order weapons allowed

4) Upon a tournament match death, full looting will be allowed only by the player who won the tournament match (so bring an extra basket if you want to bank people's loot).

5) At the end of the tournament, there will only be one standing. At this point, hopefully guides can summon all the participants back to them ( if they help out that is). If not, I will be the one paying out the rewards. We will have to meet up somewhere in the middle of Tahoe by the lake, I'm sure.

Rewards

1st place will get 60% of the entry fee pot
2nd place will get 30% of the entry fee pot
3rd place will get 10% of the entree fee pot

Participants so far
-Audacius (me)
-MrDDT

If you want to participate, please post here and please post your guess on what number I am thinking of between 1 and 1000.

Thanks, hope to see you all there!

MrDDT
10-18-2011, 09:14 AM
WOW nice event. I'm in.
Sign me up for 2 accounts.
#977 = MrDDT
#500 = Lady

NorCalGooey
10-19-2011, 06:19 AM
haha nice. yeah, you can have two accounts as long as it doesnt go over 8 members or 16 members. or if lots of people object to two accounts, then perhaps its really not fair. we'll see.

sorry for flipping out at you yesterday, i had a bad day and took it out on you. i almost feel bi polar now.

Added after 3 Hours 29 minutes:

Actually, I just realized that you are going to have to pick a new number and message me with it.

Numbers can't be public before the event, or everyone will choose the opposite of what you do.

Added after 16 Hours 52 minutes:

It's likely I'll only allow you to have one account, since this is a wager tournament. Bump

NorCalGooey
10-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Bump...anyone?

KeithStone
10-20-2011, 04:43 PM
You are more than welcome to use the Apache arena - I'm back in Apache now - let me know if you want to use it.

NorCalGooey
10-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Ahh cool! Well, you want to signup? May have to postpone this tournament...no body wants to lose their pixels even if it means a more fun time gaming (adrenaline flowing in combat more when you have items to lose).

KeithStone
10-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Ahh cool! Well, you want to signup? May have to postpone this tournament...no body wants to lose their pixels even if it means a more fun time gaming (adrenaline flowing in combat more when you have items to lose).

I think it works out better if you just set a date and show up

MrDDT
10-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Last time Apache tried that, they hand to cancel it.

NorCalGooey
10-22-2011, 02:49 AM
bump...i dont think we will be having this tourney. :(