PDA

View Full Version : FeedBack Request: Water Barrels and WaterSkins!

GuideRaguel
11-10-2011, 04:34 AM
Greetings Survivors,

We would love some feedback in regards to the recent update added to the test server.
The following is what has been added and you can see the original post HERE (http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/1440-Xsyon-Updates?p=90269#post90269).

1) Buckets
Buckets can be filled at rivers or lakes. One action will fill the bucket.
Buckets can be emptied. One action will empty the bucket.
Buckets can be used to fill Barrels.
Buckets can be filled at Barrels.
Artisan and Master Buckets have more capacity.
Buckets will be used primarily for filling up barrels.

2) Barrels
Barrels are built in place, like buildings.
Currently there are only Pioneer's Barrels as a scheme in Woodcraft.
Barrels can be Moved, like building ghosts.
Barrels can be filled from waterskins or buckets.
Barrels can be used to fill waterskins or buckets.
Barrels contain many 'charges'.
Barrels display their contents and count under the name display when selected.
To use a barrel:
Select the barrel
Right click a waterskin or bucket in your inventory, it will show Empty To and Fill From. These can be used to interact with a barrel.
Barrels will be used primarily for in town water storage.

3) Waterskins
Waterskins are crafted as part of Toolcraft.
Waterskins can be filled at rivers or barrels.
Waterskins can be used to drink from.
Waterskins contain less 'charges' than buckets and barrels.
Waterskins will be used primarily for portable drinking.
Artisan and Master Waterskins hold more 'charges'.

GuideMihr or Myself we be on the testserver spawning recipes and materials required for you to create these new objects and test them.
We will be in Zone 938 Pos: 251x984 We can summon you :)

We would like any Feedback and suggestions to be posted here, but any Bugs to be emailed Directly to the Bugs email address.

Bugs Email Address! (bugs@notorious-games.com)

Thank you everyone, we look forward to hearing your feedback.

b_ulam
11-10-2011, 09:20 AM
- barrels should be liftable

-a player can lift a barrel whose fullness is <2*str where str is the player's strength
-a barrel can be placed on a cart and waterskins/buckets can be filled from the barrel while on the cart.
-alternatively a barrel-cart would serve this function.

-masonry could have wells.
a well would require a finished bucket, a bricks, mortar, wood and rope as materials, require a shovel, trowel and some other tools. wells would be fixed in position once placed. the well would contain less water than barrel at any time, but would replenish a portion at each rainfall.

GuideRaguel
11-10-2011, 09:23 AM
-masonry could have wells.
a well would require a finished bucket, a bricks, mortar, wood and rope as materials, require a shovel, trowel and some other tools. wells would be fixed in position once placed. the well would contain less water than barrel at any time, but would replenish a portion at each rainfall.

This I like the sound of!

unclean666
11-10-2011, 09:48 AM
With all this work being put into containers and barrels I would like to see or have more of a reason to even use them.As of now water has lil effect on a player as long as you just eat.

Few ideas effects water could have.

Gain stats a tiny bit faster if you allways have water and lose them a lil faster if not.

Gain a lot more stamina and lose a lot faster without.

Resting should take a LOT longer without water.

A lot more fails at crafting and other actions and it should be a very big amount of fails and at any and all skills levels.While gaining maybe a tad bit more of the bonus applied to the item if full and have water....but not a whole lot more.

All i got off hand while I know some of the stuff is what water does or should be doing but its very little to none atm.

b_ulam
11-10-2011, 06:23 PM
-a full barrel can rolled around by a player (similarly to how a cart is dragged) on his tribe area to rapidly smooth bumpy dirt terrain

MrDDT
11-11-2011, 07:56 AM
-Waterskins has 0 weight
-Water in skins or buckets have 0 weight
-You can use the "Artisan" version of the waterskins without knowing the basics
-Barrels have no destroy or pick up option. I can see it could be a major problem

*I love the drinking from a water skin can fill you up 1/2 thirst in 1 action

*Some of these items seem a bit heavy, guts and sap etc. There a balance to this?

thurgond
11-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Like the concept and execution. Here are the problems I've found:

I couldn't move the barrel. According to Mihr this can only be done on tribal lands.

As long as you have the barrel targeted (range is about 20 m.), you can Fill From or Empty To. With a string of barrels 20 m. apart starting at the water, you would not need to carry water at all even if it is given weight (and it should).

There is no collision with barrels. This is probably a good thing or griefers would set up lines of barrels across roads to block carts.

Ravelli

tomduril
11-13-2011, 10:51 PM
How should we be able to get "guts" as one material for waterskins ... I guess a lot of players tried to get their hands on some (sounds disgusting btw) ... Either noone figured it out yet, noone will tell or its just no yet implemented.

Would be nice to know that it is in the game atm. We will continue to look for it.

According to a DEV "guts" are not in the game (yet) ... will be added next week (or so) ... 2011-Nov-14

Thanks!

KeithStone
11-14-2011, 04:29 AM
How should we be able to get "guts" as one material for waterskins ... I guess a lot of players tried to get their hands on some (sounds disgusting btw) ... Either noone figured it out yet, noone will tell or its just no yet implemented.

Would be nice to know that it is in the game atm. We will continue to look for it.

According to a DEV "guts" are not in the game (yet) ... will be added next week (or so) ... 2011-Nov-14

Thanks!

that is correct about guts not being in game.

I noticed the tribe leader was unable to move the barrel and could only destroy it - if someone puts a barrel down the tribe leader should be able to move it. (or anyone with proper rank)

Crokus
11-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Can a barrel be picked up and traded to someone so they can set permissons? Does the barrel have permissions?

VeryWiiTee
11-16-2011, 07:46 AM
A barrel should ALWAYS be rollable and only able to carry it if there are some conditions that applies. Strength should be quite high for your character.
- This way we can start barrel-roll jokes xD (j/k)

KeithStone
11-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Can a barrel be picked up and traded to someone so they can set permissons? Does the barrel have permissions?

there are no permissions to set on barrels and the only option after you place it is to move or destroy.

Deacon
11-26-2011, 09:03 AM
there are no permissions to set on barrels and the only option after you place it is to move or destroy.

Also, see my post in bugs....even though i get the move button, i dont get the move arrows to move it...so cant move it.

xmechna
12-20-2011, 04:38 PM
id like leather waterskin variant to also be crafted by leather working possibly a leather icon not the grass one =)