PDA

View Full Version : Problems with devs/guides in game

NorCalGooey
11-12-2011, 11:24 AM
They can read all chat and all whispers. It's really unfortunate because as much as I want to play and build in this game, its just too frustrating knowing I simply MUST use an out of game chat system to not have my information read by devs and guides.

This is a problem because one of my favorite parts about this game was discovering new methods of doing something and having it be my choice whether or not whether I choose to share those methods or perhaps information that no one or very few no about.

Anyways, I just don't see the need for this feature. It just makes people not want to use the in game chat system.

Only problem is, even if you say you will remove guide/dev chat powers, we never know if you truly did. This feature is seriously causing me to not want to play the game at all. And its a shame because its becoming a great game.

GuideRaguel
11-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Greetings,

I completely understand your points here, If I may I'd like to add some information...

Guides can not and will never be able to Read any conversations outside of Global, Local and /Help chat.
The only way Developers can read private messages such as tribe chat/whispers etc is through pulling Chat Logs from the server directly.
The only time these are used is to protect a player, such as times of complaints of misbehaving in chat etc.
Only 3 people have access to this and they are all Coders.

Any mmo that requires a server will have every single chat logged, regardless of whether its private or not. For legal and security reasons.

MrDDT
11-12-2011, 12:28 PM
As Aud said, Im upset about this also.

I dont mind chats being logged, what I do mine is a dev able to tell his tribemebers because he plays what was said, or worse say it in public.

They even have an open TS3 server which they talk about what is being said in private chats. Or message you in game telling you what you said or commenting about it.
Log it all you want, it should be read when there is a reason to read it. IE someone files a complaint and you need to go back and see what was said to verify it.

I know another person that had this problem air'd out in global was China and Andrew about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

GuideRaguel
11-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Agreed.
And If there is ever a case that a player suspects foul play by another player or Staff Member, then report it straight away to our Abuse Email (abuse@notorious-games.com).

However, in the meantime this will be looked into, and we are taking this very seriously.

Solei
11-12-2011, 12:42 PM
I think the guide did a fantastic job explaining the policy on reading chats. I am a former EQ guide and there are reasons for needing to access chat logs. I feel that if you have something that personal to discuss then your best bet is to take if offline totally. I personally dont feel anywhere on the net is so secure that what you say cant fall into anothers hands. Anyways, in my opinion game chat should be monitored more closely in my opinion. Im a mother and until you've had a child of your own, you would understand my concerns..this is why my child was never permitted to play online games. Chat is often to inappropriate. As for the TS3 server. I am now often found there as well as my own vent server. I have personally never heard anything being relayed that someone else is saying in game in private.

I think all this guide and dev bashing needs to stop. Its uncalled for and unnecessary. If you have an issue with a guide or dev then contact support and dont start drama within the community. It only takes away the enjoyment of the game for the rest of us as well as scares off new players. It seems that its only a few of you who have soooo many complaints about the game...why not move on and make yourself less miserable and allow those of us who do enjoy the game to continue to do so. :)

I thank Jordi, the devs and the guides for the terrific jobs they do. Without them, you wouldnt have a game to play. Im very excited about the future of Xsyon.

NorCalGooey
11-12-2011, 03:23 PM
I think the guide did a fantastic job explaining the policy on reading chats. I am a former EQ guide and there are reasons for needing to access chat logs. I feel that if you have something that personal to discuss then your best bet is to take if offline totally. I personally dont feel anywhere on the net is so secure that what you say cant fall into anothers hands. Anyways, in my opinion game chat should be monitored more closely in my opinion. Im a mother and until you've had a child of your own, you would understand my concerns..this is why my child was never permitted to play online games. Chat is often to inappropriate. As for the TS3 server. I am now often found there as well as my own vent server. I have personally never heard anything being relayed that someone else is saying in game in private.

I think all this guide and dev bashing needs to stop. Its uncalled for and unnecessary. If you have an issue with a guide or dev then contact support and dont start drama within the community. It only takes away the enjoyment of the game for the rest of us as well as scares off new players. It seems that its only a few of you who have soooo many complaints about the game...why not move on and make yourself less miserable and allow those of us who do enjoy the game to continue to do so. :)

I thank Jordi, the devs and the guides for the terrific jobs they do. Without them, you wouldnt have a game to play. Im very excited about the future of Xsyon.

There's a reason this was brought forth publicly. I could contact support but there's no way to know if the issue has been dealt with. There still isn't anyway to truly know, they are the devs after all. We can't see what they are looking at.

It's understandable devs can go back and check the chat logs, but they shouldn't be able to see live stream chat of who they wish to see. It doesn't even bother me that much that a dev can read what I am saying, because they aren't suppose to have influence over the live game world. It starts mattering when they share that information with other players to better the experience.

I have no proof that devs would take information from private chat and share it with other players. However, I do know of them sharing information with other players, and I do know they can read all chat. Combining those two makes me not want to chat in game. I have multiple experiences of devs seeming to know what I am talking about (like whispering me out of nowhere when I am in mid chat with others, and dev explains something to me or says something very simliar to what I was just discussing), and have heard of multiple experiences of devs sharing uncommon knowledge.

This wouldn't bother me so much if I actually wanted to share more of my information with people, but I do not at this time.

Thanks Raguel for the response.

This is not meant to slam the devs, it's just a concern I have and others seem to have it as well. So I made it public. I understand it's bad for rep, but if something was happening its better for it to come out now and be dealt with now rather than later, when there may be a larger fan base to see it.

Please feel free to delete the thread though. I won't complain.

Liquidblade
11-12-2011, 05:43 PM
I think that we are a bunch of cry babies that wish to do stuff behind Notorious Games with out them know what the heck we are doing.... I mean why else would you care whether they are monitoring your chat or not? If we have something bad to say about them and they are reading then they just have to swallow up or smite us!!! Seriously!! Start building already you all have to much time in your hands!

On the other hand, If they are sharing stuff that I am whispering to someone about someone else and they reach that other person to warn them....then yes this becomes a problem. I still think that this is one of my least concerns in the game however. I rather see more content and gameplay before worrying about this issue.

Book
11-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Chat logging is definitely standard practice. Even on battlefield 3 where there isn't much chat going on, it's all logged by those sponsoring the server you might be playing on. It has to be to justify bans/kicks due to racism/language etc.

I've also seen games have to take legal action due to threats on someone's family from within the game.

I'm having difficulty imagining what you could be discovering in-game that a dev wouldn't already know about? Would have thought they would be more intimately knowledgeable of all mechanics in game than players?

Only thing that comes to mind, which is only due to my own lack of imagination, is if a mechanism isn't working as they had intended and thus could be exploited for undue advantage. One choice available to them at that point is to level the playing field by letting everyone know... thus no longer an unforeseen advantage.

Not even saying that's what you're talking about, but I could see that happening.

Is it just a matter of privacy? I do tend to keep my conversations even with relatives rather benign in any game(well, ever since I quit drinkin' anyway :) ), but I also usually figure anyone listening would probably be bored to tears.

Mactavendish
11-12-2011, 07:49 PM
If info was shared to a second party that can affect the first party then you might have an issue.

BUT...

I am personally NOT worried about anything I say in private since I would also say the exact same thing in public.

What exactly are folks worried about?

Are the devs and testers chatting on skype about players, where they are and what they are doing?

Are they passing this info to someone that would grief said players?

Or is it that this is all seen as another thing to exploit to feel that they are "winners"?

eric
11-16-2011, 02:11 AM
I understand the explanations that Raguel has given about the requirement to log all chats, even the private ones. And I too am seldom concerned about what I write ingame, if a guide would take offense to it (in the case where I voiced myself in private/tribe chat) I'm sure that the 'abuse' policy will work as its supposed to.

On the other hand I do understand the risk of having no pseudo privacy in tribe/whisper. So I do support Audacius/Appollo's concern, I too have heard (hearsay lol!) about certain people who were confronted with their privately voiced remarks about other players. But in this case the player who was spoken about is also a developer who also plays the game.

And in that case I totally disapprove of this persons' behaviour.
He clearly abused his 'extra powers' for his personal agenda, in which us (the other regular) players can't properly guard ourselves against that. Unless of course we take our private chatting outside of the game (teamspeak/ventrilo/irc).

Protecting privacy versus securing the game is a tough dilemma, I'm sure of that.

But as I said, I want all of us (so that means the playing devs/guides included) to play by the same rules.

dem1urge
11-16-2011, 05:19 AM
Only problem is, even if you say you will remove guide/dev chat powers, we never know if you truly did. This feature is seriously causing me to not want to play the game at all. And its a shame because its becoming a great game.

From the ToS, Section 6: "Apart from certain personal information no form of communication is private. All forms of communication connected with Xsyon, both out of and in game, maybe be monitored or viewed at any time by Notorious Games personnel." And, furthermore: "Notorious Games may, with or without notice, monitor, record, review, modify and or disclose your chat sessions and activities, whether by text or voice, conducted through the Service."

You should always read the terms of service. This one is fairly standard.

MrDDT
11-16-2011, 08:19 AM
From the ToS, Section 6: "Apart from certain personal information no form of communication is private. All forms of communication connected with Xsyon, both out of and in game, maybe be monitored or viewed at any time by Notorious Games personnel." And, furthermore: "Notorious Games may, with or without notice, monitor, record, review, modify and or disclose your chat sessions and activities, whether by text or voice, conducted through the Service."

You should always read the terms of service. This one is fairly standard.

I think its fine if that's what they want to do, but I dont think many players will be happy knowing that devs read it, and talk about it to other players (but not all other players only some they choose to), or chat about it in global. I believe many people will not want to play this game.

If they do want to do these actions, I would like to make sure new players know this is going to be happening so they can make the choice at the start of play instead of after they might have given or said something which they thought was at least not going to be said to other players.

Mactavendish
11-16-2011, 08:31 AM
So far all this is rather vague.

If a person can prove that something a dev said was used in an inappropriate manner, then they should use the abuse link to report it.

If, on the other hand this is just a few players feeling jealous, because they believe that some dev has not treated them equally compared with other players, then who would really worry about that? Who can tell if this is a real complaint or not?

"somebody was saying something about somebody else to one of the devs and it was really bad..." really rather vague don't you think?

Use the tools given to you to report abuse, and if you don't believe that will solve your problem, whisper the dev you think has a problem directly. if THAT doesn't work for you, not sure what I can say to you.

As was stated in the dem1urge's post, they have the right to do what they want with their game. All we do is pay for the ability to play here. we are not entitled to anything more, regardless of what anyone personally believes.

MrDDT
11-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Mactavendish, some of the stuff was said in global by the dev. Pretty sure its not a "belief".

I know a few people want to be upset with me for bringing it up because they have person grudges however, the issue isn't for 1 dev, or an attack vs that dev its about the policy of what is going to be happening in game. If they want to stand by the statement that devs will read chat, talk about it with other players (some not all, and whomever they choose) and talk about private messages, other tribes chats then that's fine. I just think that people should understand this going to be happening up front instead of AFTER they did something they might regret.

I mean if the devs want people to only use 3rd party programs to talk about any type of private issues, like personal things, or strategies on how to do something or who they might be attacking. Then players should know ahead of time. Not some very vague thing in the TOS that could mean just about anything.

I would prefer that devs didnt read tribe chats and tell other tribes/players about what was being said in my tribe chat. But I also use ventrilo so I dont have much of a problem with it. I can see some players would, which is why the choice should be made to play this game BEFORE they buy it and find out after they talk about something in tribe chat.

I dont think its very nice to see (Me: "/w Joe Hey I will give you 2 saws for those baskets of handles") (Dev: "/w Jill Hey DDT is going to trade 2 saws for those baskets of handles thought you would like to know in case you wanted to out bid him")

Not sure how well that's going to fly in a game like this.

Or things like (Dev: "/w Jill Hey might want to look out DDT just said in tribe chat that he is about to attack you next to that tree")

Book
11-16-2011, 10:57 AM
I dont think its very nice to see (Me: "/w Joe Hey I will give you 2 saws for those baskets of handles") (Dev: "/w Jill Hey DDT is going to trade 2 saws for those baskets of handles thought you would like to know in case you wanted to out bid him")

Not sure how well that's going to fly in a game like this.

Or things like (Dev: "/w Jill Hey might want to look out DDT just said in tribe chat that he is about to attack you next to that tree")

I just want to be clear here... you're saying this IS what is happening and you have no doubt of it?

Or, are you saying this is what you are afraid MAY happen based on chats being available to company employees?

It's an important distinction so just want to be sure.

A concern can certainly be addressed and alleviated.

An accusation... that's another issue entirely that I would probably take up with upper management directly.

If it were me (which it isn't... whew!), I would probably close this thread before it spirals in the wrong direction and address any aggrieved parties individually... kind of like what GuideRaguel politely suggested :p

MrDDT
11-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Its already happened. Yes. There is no question about it. My only point is this going to be standard for devs to keep doing this? Or is this something that should be stopped?

If the policy is that is no problem as some of you are saying and per the TOS as quoted by dem1urge which is very loose and vague then I think people should know about it so they dont find out after the fact when its plastered all over public chat and laughed about. Dont you think?

If its not the policy, but more of just a right to review logs when there is a problem or something, then it should be told to the devs/guides and they should follow it. Dont you think?

Jadzia
11-16-2011, 02:33 PM
"Apart from certain personal information no form of communication is private. All forms of communication connected with Xsyon, both out of and in game, maybe be monitored or viewed at any time by Notorious Games personnel." And, furthermore: "Notorious Games may, with or without notice, monitor, record, review, modify and or disclose your chat sessions and activities, whether by text or voice, conducted through the Service."

This is very clear for me, not vague neither loose.
I don't really care either way, but the policy is clearly stated in this statement.
DDT, are you saying that one of the devs warned a player that someone said in his private chat that he was on his way to kill that player ?

MrDDT
11-16-2011, 02:45 PM
This is very clear for me, not vague neither loose.
I don't really care either way, but the policy is clearly stated in this statement.
DDT, are you saying that one of the devs warned a player that someone said in his private chat that he was on his way to kill that player ?

There is a difference from what they "can" do and what they "do" do.

They can ban anyone they wish for any reason. But I dont think its practice to ban people for no reason do you?

My point is that it doesnt matter according to this statement what was said or done because anything "can" be done by them and its ok because its in the TOS that they are allowed to.

Jadzia
11-16-2011, 03:24 PM
There is a difference from what they "can" do and what they "do" do.

They can ban anyone they wish for any reason. But I dont think its practice to ban people for no reason do you?

My point is that it doesnt matter according to this statement what was said or done because anything "can" be done by them and its ok because its in the TOS that they are allowed to.

Ok, I get your point.

But again, just to clear it up, are you saying that one of the devs warned a player that someone said in his private chat that he was on his way to kill that player ?

MrDDT
11-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Ok, I get your point.

But again, just to clear it up, are you saying that one of the devs warned a player that someone said in his private chat that he was on his way to kill that player ?

My point is they took something that was said in whispers between 2 people and told a 3rd party (other players) the information isnt really the point no matter what the information is. Yes a dev did this, and yes they also told it in global. I really could care less what the information is, its the fact that they are actively doing it. Not only are they actively doing it, they are giving information to some players and not others. I dont use private msgs for anything important anymore anyways so this really doesnt effect me other than the people quitting because of it.

Mactavendish
11-17-2011, 05:10 PM
so...

now there are people quitting because of this? ( I truly doubt it )

I would again suggest to take this to the abuse link, turn in a report and stop trying to wind folks up.

I would think that if the parties involved have not posted here about the details, this would indicate they don't want to stir up problems.

and I am curious how we will ever determine if this has been dealt with, since such things are handled in private. So, why exactly is this thread still going?

MrDDT
11-17-2011, 08:06 PM
so...

now there are people quitting because of this? ( I truly doubt it )

I would again suggest to take this to the abuse link, turn in a report and stop trying to wind folks up.

I would think that if the parties involved have not posted here about the details, this would indicate they don't want to stir up problems.

and I am curious how we will ever determine if this has been dealt with, since such things are handled in private. So, why exactly is this thread still going?

People have already quit, and things already have been said and reported in private. For all you know this could have been reported a million times.

Mactavendish
11-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Such drama!

zookeeper
11-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Again DDT are you claiming that this has taken place and if so you need to report it? Making accusations with no proof to back them up and only hearsay would probably land you in trouble and not the person/staff member you keep bashing. I highly doubt this is taking place and I honestly never see you in this public chat that anyone can participate in, I would suggest you come in to this private chat more often if you are that concerned as I think you're spooking yourself in to believing this or that is happening when in fact it is not.

Come on teamspeak and talk some time or do you not like talking to me anymore?

I would make a suggestion to staff to adopt a staff bashing policy on the forum so that in the future when anything like this pops up it is locked and the person is warned as this game grows, more and more of this is going to take place and 99% of it is unfounded and just someones way of causing issues or trying to get said person removed from their duties which they do only for us the players and our continued enjoyment.

MrDDT
11-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Again DDT are you claiming that this has taken place and if so you need to report it? Making accusations with no proof to back them up and only hearsay would probably land you in trouble and not the person/staff member you keep bashing. I highly doubt this is taking place and I honestly never see you in this public chat that anyone can participate in, I would suggest you come in to this private chat more often if you are that concerned as I think you're spooking yourself in to believing this or that is happening when in fact it is not.

Come on teamspeak and talk some time or do you not like talking to me anymore?

I would make a suggestion to staff to adopt a staff bashing policy on the forum so that in the future when anything like this pops up it is locked and the person is warned as this game grows, more and more of this is going to take place and 99% of it is unfounded and just someones way of causing issues or trying to get said person removed from their duties which they do only for us the players and our continued enjoyment.

Zookeep, I stopped logging onto that TS3 due to there is nothing there I want to hear. I dont want to hear the private talks of other people. Ive used to hang out there a lot heck I even have my own channel with our tribe name in it. So I'm not sure what you are talking about there.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e107/MrDDT/Xsyon/TS3Darkfire.png

These are not personal attacks, these are truths and facts. I know you think it hasnt taken place but they have others already said they have here. It wasnt me that started this thread so please stop trying to bring me up into bringing it public.

Ive reported this a few times already to GuideRaguel. It came to ahead when I had some members quit because of it. Lucky Ive talked to them and they are going to be playing again, but its hurts moral.

NorCalGooey
11-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Wow DDT, that looks extremely recent. So where do the devs draw the line?

zookeeper
11-19-2011, 11:40 AM
You can join any channel on the server if you like. I still don't see where you have proof of anything with that pic as it's a public voip and every channel is open to anyone. If you look at your channel icons each one has a check mark which means you have full access to join those channels, none are locked and shrouded in secrecy except his personal family channel which I have no business needing access to since that's for his family. I've sat in my own tribe channel and had other people join and talk, it's nice to actually talk to people one on one than typing it all out but respectfully we still have our own vent server as well since dark's ts is public and when everyone jumps in to channel we don't want to bother everyone with tribe talk while they are talking about something else.

I fail to see your concern over a public voip that anyone can join and participate in. I think it's a great way for other tribes to talk and get to know each other.

MrDDT
11-19-2011, 12:01 PM
I already said it was public. You said you never seen me in there, and yet I have my own channel. Isnt that a little odd?
I'm saying I dont believe devs should be giving out information to players in any form. I believe like guides no player should know their "IN GAME NAME". They shouldn't even know they are devs at all. Heck for all you know I could be a dev in game and you shouldn't know.

Devs and guides shouldn't be able to give players any type of private information gained through in game /whispers they shouldn't be able to use powers to spawn trees or trading with devs/guide accounts items.

Heck I was even told by a dev that if I killed him and looted him he would have to delete the items because they were not meant to be in game yet. I'm not trying to bash any dev, I'm saying its not good for the moral of the players to have private information publicly chatted about, whether its through TS3 public server, or /y or even just telling them in /w.
Devs shouldn't be known who their player names are in game if they want to play as a player they should have a totally separate account for it just like guides to and should.

I'm glad to see that devs take interest in the game and play it, however, again telling other players what is said in /whisper isnt good is my only concern here.

I'm done with this topic, if anything else is needed I'm sure the guides/devs can message me.
Ive already talked to them in PM's about these issues before a few times.

zookeeper
11-19-2011, 12:09 PM
I've never seen any guide or dev do that either and if it has you need to take advantage of the system in place for reporting such things because at the moment they are just accusations/unfounded rumors. If you believe my wiki is comprised of info from a dev or guide it is not and all data contained was pulled from various contributors which is a very slow process otherwise I would of been done sometime ago. :(

I would really like to see in the future a set of forum rules that cover these types of threads. In my time on staff for wurm these types of threads have one purpose when publicly posted as there are systems in place to handle this without public display which hurts your case if there was one to begin with.

Shaggy
11-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Such drama!

Lol seriously. What happened to just enjoying a game because you have the free time to play it and relax? It isn't real life, after all =P

fatboy21007
11-19-2011, 04:45 PM
alright i seen alot of useless threads about complaints that really dont matter. But seriously this 1? ya really gonna nit pick at this one? Here, Id like to remind DDT, this very same thing he does not like, Was used to temp ban him awhile back due to his actions. This system is inplace to prevent harrassment of other players. Also that nifty EULA ya accepted says it their, You shouldnt have accepted it, if ya didnt like it, Rag, kill the thread.

Baby
11-19-2011, 05:19 PM
alright i seen alot of useless threads about complaints that really dont matter. But seriously this 1? ya really gonna nit pick at this one? Here, Id like to remind DDT, this very same thing he does not like, Was used to temp ban him awhile back due to his actions. This system is inplace to prevent harrassment of other players. Also that nifty EULA ya accepted says it their, You shouldnt have accepted it, if ya didnt like it, Rag, kill the thread.

Never would have thought had to worry about GMs or Developers giving out information that was said in private messages to other players. Now seeing other players that think its not important to bring these matters up.

Always something new on the internet.

NorCalGooey
11-20-2011, 12:45 AM
So it's been almost a week... no word from the devs on whether or not this will continue. It's getting harder and harder for me to want to keep playing after the way the devs have handled this. Haven't played since this has happened. I just have no motivation to do so anymore. Why would I when I have to put in effort for something that others get spoon fed to them?

Like I said, where is the line drawn?

Do devs not understand that you influencing/effecting game play in ANY WAY on the live server will kill your game automatically? You just cannot have devs doing this. Like I said, now that I know it happens, where is the line drawn?

Why should I keep playing this game knowing that in the future devs can (and I have no reason to think they won't after what has happened) read PMs and share it with others. Why should I keep playing when they are influencing game play inside the live game world? Even with the minimal pvp environment we have now, there are problems with information being shared. Can you see how bad this issue will affect the game if it were to come to light DURING contested pvp? Can you imagine a dev changing the out come of a battle or something? They certainly can, they can be invisible (not stealth but invis), invincible and can damage you. I've had it happen to me. Just something to think about.

You do know the primary reason why devs don't have dev accounts on live servers in other games right? It's because nobody want to see a dev playing their own game in the live world, ESPECIALLY when they are playing a dev char not a normal char.

Oh well, this will continue, devs will make new chars that don't have dev powers (like guides have to do) so nobody will know they are a dev. Then the same old shenanigans will continue. There is no way to stop it. I'm just glad I had the chance to find out the kind of people we are dealing with instead of continuing to play the game while dev favoritism and effect on live game play continues.

In fact, it's just downright disgusting the way people in general have responded here. It's like they see nothing wrong with any of this.

Book
11-20-2011, 05:36 AM
Norcal, a guide responded within 30 minutes of your very first post.

Several people have explained why every game out there has to log / monitor chat. As I mentioned, even in games like Battlefield 3 that do not have 1 centralized server, every single sponsored server logs and monitors chats. There is nothing unusual about this.

Perhaps part of the reason you are not seeing the outrage you might have expected is because what you guys are saying is rather vague and hard to pin down. For example, I've re-read your original post. It talks about "discovering" things you may not want to share with the world.
This is completely different than what DDT brought up, which turned out to be hypotheticals that never even happened. No offense meant, not looking for an argument, just calling it as I see it.

Before I took my last break, you were in another tribe somewhere to the East. I came by and checked out your place, which was quite an architectural feat in progress. You've clearly enjoyed the game very much in the past, even enough to make a great beginner tutorial / guide. I'm not sure what's happened since then, but I hope you'll distance yourself from whatever is causing you these headaches and get back to enjoying the game. It would be a shame to lose you and for you to lose your enthusiasm just when the going will be getting good. Get back to the happy side of gooey. :)

KeithStone
11-20-2011, 05:57 AM
Norcal, a guide responded within 30 minutes of your very first post.

Several people have explained why every game out there has to log / monitor chat. As I mentioned, even in games like Battlefield 3 that do not have 1 centralized server, every single sponsored server logs and monitors chats. There is nothing unusual about this.

Perhaps part of the reason you are not seeing the outrage you might have expected is because what you guys are saying is rather vague and hard to pin down. For example, I've re-read your original post. It talks about "discovering" things you may not want to share with the world.
This is completely different than what DDT brought up, which turned out to be hypotheticals that never even happened. No offense meant, not looking for an argument, just calling it as I see it.

Before I took my last break, you were in another tribe somewhere to the East. I came by and checked out your place, which was quite an architectural feat in progress. You've clearly enjoyed the game very much in the past, even enough to make a great beginner tutorial / guide. I'm not sure what's happened since then, but I hope you'll distance yourself from whatever is causing you these headaches and get back to enjoying the game. It would be a shame to lose you and for you to lose your enthusiasm just when the going will be getting good. Get back to the happy side of gooey. :)

he was fine with everything about the game until he joined up with ddt, it was like a night/day difference in his attitude imo.

Niburu
11-20-2011, 09:11 AM
Do you really complain about Dev's beeing able to read the logs. You know you play there PROGRAMM. And do you really complain about stuff you found out...you know they MADE the game and probably know that anyways lol....wtf is this

GuideRaguel
11-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Greetings,

This situation has now been resolved.
We have looked at the chat logs to determine if foul play was used.
There was no evidence that any Guide/Developer gave any information that would in anyway give an advantage to another player over another.

If we had found any evidence of foul play, we would indeed of taken very serious action against any member of staff proven to of done so.

Again, I must make this very clear...
If you suspect any member of staff, or player of Foul Play, that cannot be resolved in-game by a member of the Guide team, then please use the emails below as you first port of call.

Of course if you feel a complaint has not been met with a satisfactory level, you will make a public complaint, however your first port of call should be any of the following emails.

Abuse (abuse@notorious-games.com)
Or
Support (support@notorious-games.com)

Thank you.