PDA

View Full Version : Tribe Architecture Event Winners!

GuideRaguel
11-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Greetings Survivors!

As you know, this is the first time we have done an event of this nature.
When we planned this event, we wasn't sure on how many of you would show an interest in taking part.
We were pleasantly surprised by the response we had. 14 Tribes in total got back to us and asked to be a part of this Event.

When the Event came to a close on Sunday, and myself and GuideMihr toured each tribes location, we were both very excited about what we were seeing.
Every tribes skills as Builders were phenomenal, we saw buildings that were extremely detailed, we saw tribal organisation skills, which led some tribes to house a specific room for each and every item currently in-game.
We saw Tribe layouts and designs that made us both want to set-up camp inside your tribe area, and sing songs around your camp-fires.

Once we had toured every Tribe, we then chatted about who we thought really stood out from the crowd.
And in all honesty every Tribe did in one way or another. We couldn't at that point decide who the winner would be.

We wrestled with the idea of having categories of Tribe sizes, such as Single Member homesteads. 1-5 member homesteads, to 5+ etc.
This is something we will do next time.

Ultimately we came to the decision that on this occasion the winner should be, Everyone!

What this means, is everyone will get a Prize for taking part, and that prize will be the same for every Tribe that took part.

This will be given to the Tribe leader of each Tribe. (Details of how to claim said prize will be below).

This is not how it will be done next time.
We now have a good basis on which to compare the skills of future builders.
And we have a good idea that once we do this event once more, we will have the same response if not better than this one, and be able to categorise each Tribe that enters and have a winner from each category.

Since this is an Architecture Event, it seems only fitting to to give away Architecture type prizes...
So the prizes are as follows...

10x Sap
10x Tar
10x Plastic Bags
10x Guts

(for all your water storage needs)

We will also give away...

3x Architecture Recipes of your choice.
3x 500 of any material that is required to create Architecture Project.
(This does not include, Logs of any kind, metal sheet variations or wooden sheet variations)
This could be something like 500x Nails or 500x Bolts or 500x bricks.

To Claim your Prize, please PM me letting me know roughly your play times in PST. And I will make sure that I'm online to give you the prize or one of the other Guides is.

Note:
Screen shots will be added shortly, and this is the reason I have closed the threads, so I can add the screen shots in separate post per Tribe.

Thank you.
And Well done to everyone.
Wow... just wow!

GuideRaguel
11-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Animals Crackers!

GuideRaguel
11-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Bridge Burners 9th Squad

GuideRaguel
11-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Electric Lady Land

GuideRaguel
11-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Golgafrincham

GuideRaguel
11-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Industrial Strengths Boot Camp

GuideRaguel
11-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Legion .

GuideRaguel
11-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Pawnee .

GuideRaguel
11-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Progresso-et-industria

GuideRaguel
11-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Solitude .

GuideRaguel
11-16-2011, 03:37 PM
The Trading Outpost

GuideRaguel
11-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Vasa .

GuideRaguel
11-16-2011, 03:41 PM
WillowFalls

GuideRaguel
11-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Xsyon Mercenaries

GuideRaguel
11-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Xyila .

GuideRaguel
11-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Greetings survivors!

As you can see, above are the Screenshots of each Tribe that took part.
I'm going to open the thread and let you comment on the Event and Screenshots here.

But first some little rules...

Absolutely no trolling!
Absolutely no Flaming!

I want to see a lot of LOVE in this thread!
I want a happy thread!

Now lets all praise each others creativity skills, and give each other a pat on the back!

Thank you once again.

Liquidblade
11-16-2011, 05:51 PM
I am not sure if I am satisfied with the decision on everyone winning. Maybe perhaps picking the top three for building size, creativity, lay out, and however many other skills one can give, I mean for the looks of it I saw some tribes out there that deserve that number one position. I get the feeling that this choice was given in order to not offend tribes perhaps? I was proud of my tribe and I am proud of it still, but after viewing some of the pictures out there, I was like wow they are gonna get it, and this ones second place.....perhaps we the people should give our vote to the most creative, best looking, most impressive tribes? just a thought.

MrDDT
11-16-2011, 07:04 PM
WOOTS I WON!!!

Thank you, and great job everyone.

severin
11-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Great screenies, Raguel. Looking forward to next architecture event where I'm sure there will be even more tribes and homesteads participating.
I think it's good you guys - Raguel and Mihr - now have a basic idea on how to judge these projects. Not an easy thing to do.

Thanks to DDT for the videos and thanks to Raguel and Mihr for travlelling around and look (next time you better make sure to load my Sugar pines, hehe).

eric
11-17-2011, 05:04 AM
Great impression of all tribes/homesteads that participated. Also nicely done screenshots of the areas :).

Maybe its an idea to all give your own 'Top 3' based on the participating areas? Possibly with a reason why included?

I'm sure many have their favorites, and in giving your own short list you can still tell us all which you like.. 'happy' thread ;).

My Top 3:

First place: Solitude
Reason: Wow, a fortress in the middle of a river, very cool. Simple yet effective (unless you need to get a cart through the gate). Its also spacy which I like.

Second place: Golgafrincham
Reason: So much detail and a very solid looking keep. I'd wanna live there in case of invading zombies!

Third place: Bridge Burners
Reason: Also a sturdy looking Keep, very nice layout yet still enough room and detail.

So.. who's next?

jeru
11-17-2011, 07:44 AM
Hah Eric you made my day, thanks for the generous commentary :) Personally I feel that the other tribes in the contest deserve the kudos. Those multi-level buildings take a LONG time to build and I now have an appreciation for their time invested. Some really good architects showed their muscle in this event! Congratulations to the participants and Great job everyone!

GuideRaguel
11-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Great screenies, Raguel. Looking forward to next architecture event where I'm sure there will be even more tribes and homesteads participating.
I think it's good you guys - Raguel and Mihr - now have a basic idea on how to judge these projects. Not an easy thing to do.

Thanks to DDT for the videos and thanks to Raguel and Mihr for travlelling around and look (next time you better make sure to load my Sugar pines, hehe).

Hey, thanks. The Screenshots were taken by GuideMihr, he has a better computer than I, so is able to crank up the graphics.

Great job to him.

severin
11-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Just want to correct that it was Mihr taking the screenies. Good job on those.

Book
11-17-2011, 02:15 PM
I got a chance to stop by Industrial Strength yesterday. Must say, I was awed by the place. It looks like an academy coming upon it from afar.

Loved the organizational aspects, industrial efficiency. I especially liked the fact that individual architecture pieces were used to make such a realistic looking place. Showcases one of the very best parts of the game.

I liked seeing a second keep under construction as it gives me a vague idea of how it's done... but I'll need a lot of time with graph paper, rulers, and compass before I can even begin to try something of that magnitude.

It's the only one I've seen in person so far. Perhaps I'll have a chance to see the others while on walkabout. I'll come back here and sing their praise in due time ;)

Good work everybody!

Deacon
11-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Wow, nice...it's amazing what people can do. Thanks for this event. I'm certainly impressed with talented builders in this game. I'm glad I got something for participating, but know there are many better sites than mine...some stuff I hadnt even thought of.

Thanks Again
Deacon (Combat Engineer)

Motlee
11-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Wow. I have to get out more.

These are all so amazing.

GuideRaguel
11-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Greetings Survivors!

I would just like to update you all on the current Prize giving situation for this event.
I am aware that not all of you have received a prize, but you will.
At this current time, I'm sat in the hospital looking at my new baby daughter.
She isn't in the best of health so I may not be around for a few days.

But don't worry, I will pick up where I left of with the prize giving.
I haven't forgotten about you.

Thanks all.

MrDDT
11-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Greetings Survivors!

I would just like to update you all on the current Prize giving situation for this event.
I am aware that not all of you have received a prize, but you will.
At this current time, I'm sat in the hospital looking at my new baby daughter.
She isn't in the best of health so I may not be around for a few days.

But don't worry, I will pick up where I left of with the prize giving.
I haven't forgotten about you.

Thanks all.

She will be in our thoughts, I hope she gets better and is well soon.

stonedogg1
11-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Raguel,

Congradulations on your daughter! I'm sorry to hear about her health & pray that everything turns out for the very best.

NO ONE will be pressuring you for these prizes in light of real life events. Family always comes first.

(We'll just pester Mihr :p )

GuideRaguel
11-25-2011, 03:55 AM
Greetings Survivors!

I haven't forgot about the Survivors who have not received there prize for this event!
I will be contacting you at some point today, to settle my debt! :)

See you all soon.

miyagi
11-27-2011, 07:14 AM
:O awesome works :O