PDA

View Full Version : Combat system

Sendrik
11-20-2011, 04:51 PM
It seems that the devs dont like it to talk about payment options so i have a other question for you guys.

I watched some videos on youtube about the combat system(it seems like the most of them have negative votes then potitives) and it looks...not good...as you can see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gIS0Rutwnc&feature=related

So i want to know if it has already changed.
The video is old so i hope the combat system is better as it was in the video because it looks more like dancing then fighting and the noises of the fight is more a music...dont get me wrong i like what i have read about the game a lot but the combat part looks very boring...different attacks and a better movement would bring a lot more action into the combat system.

KeithStone
11-20-2011, 05:33 PM
that is an old video, combat is almost identical to mount & blade with directional attack and parry - you can also hold your attacks for a stronger hit

Sendrik
11-21-2011, 08:34 PM
That sounds very nice.
Do you have a link to a video with that combat system?

KeithStone
11-22-2011, 11:31 AM
That sounds very nice.
Do you have a link to a video with that combat system?

maxhardcore and fahln look for every chance they can to bash this game, big time trolls on this forum

When I say that it's "almost identical" to mount & blade this is what I'm talking about:

Directional attack and Directional parry - you can do this in mount and blade and in xsyon - Xsyon also has an adrenaline bar where the longer you hold your attack the more damage you will do.

The video doesn't do it justice, you need to experience it in game, imo it is a lot of fun!

MrDDT
11-22-2011, 11:33 AM
I think its funny you picked that M&B video to portray M&B. No offense but if i had to watch that video vs Xsyon combat video. I would say Xsyon wins. (Other than the ranged attacks hehe).

Having said that. Xsyon is like (not identical) M&B combat where you attack directions and the defender can parry (or some people call block) based on those directions.
If you fail to parry the correct direction you still parry a little, but take damage also. The further you are off in your parry the more % of the attack you take.

Xsyon does have more than 1 "hitbox" each armor piece takes damage based on where you are attacking. Attacks in the back do 150% damage, attacks in the sideback do 125% damage.

Dodging as in M&B is done through not being in the attackers arc. M&B does have some better ways to go about this and its much more balanced. Xsyon removed its "dodge" skill for now and I was told is going to bring it back with something where the higher your "dodge" skill the faster you move side to side.

Xsyon does have accurate directional attacks. Not sure if you played or not but they even have more directions than M&B. Now granted currently they have little effect other than parry damage, but there is more.

M&B has head-shots though and Xsyon doesn't (I like this aspect), and as you can see M&B combat is over very fast. 1 to 3 hits kills normally.

Xsyon's combat is good right now but far from complete. It needs balancing in many aspects. Damage vs armor types. Weapons need better bonuses and speed variances. Regen of HP and Energy is also needing some balancing. Plus there are no special moves.

M&B has chamber-blocks which Xsyon doesn't I believe do to M&B is single player and server hosted like Counter-Strike type of games where ping can be changed by simply changing the server you want to play on. Xsyon players don't have that option. So a 100 ping in M&B could hurt a lot while all they would have to do is play on a faster/closer server.

Anyways, I think Xsyon has good combat for now. I would like to see reasons to fight more than fixing these balancing issues.

ShadowLegion
11-22-2011, 12:39 PM
While we post detailed responses with opinions and supporting facts, you sit there and call as trolls. Man up and accept the reality that we have sincere beliefs which are in opposition to yours. We're not trolling.

You go out of your way to find posts where people try to talk positive about the game and then you try to turn into a crap post about why you think the game sucks and when people stop responding you make new pointless threads to keep posting the same bullshit.

we all know you don't like the game and you think everyone playing should just stop and go play something else - stfu already!

Sendrik
11-24-2011, 04:28 AM
The video with the mount and blade combat looked awesome but the voice was annoying...it reminds me of that guy from mmohut called omer who seems to breathe very rarexD

The other vieo looked...well it looked better as the video i was posting before but still...i miss the action...and then i was reading there,,very fast combat''.
I was thinking the directional attacks do you help to hit your enemy better and not only make more or less dmg.

Well...i think im trying it but i dont have very high hopes about xsyon...

There 2 questions left:
I was seeing a lot of weapons like maces in xsyon...are there swords too?
Would you call the combat system in xsyon more action based like in darkfall?

Thanks for the answers.

ShadowLegion
11-24-2011, 06:32 AM
While we post detailed responses with opinions and supporting facts, you sit there and call as trolls. Man up and accept the reality that we have sincere beliefs which are in opposition to yours. We're not trolling.

being sincere would mean that you post positive ideas that will help the game instead of bashing everyone that likes the game.

You act like people are stupid and can't see the flaws in the game, which imo is insulting.

I know what flaws this game has but I really don't give a shit because I'm able to see past them at what's to come.

For me I don't care if it takes 6 months to get 1 feature out or if said feature gets postponed multiple times. (they get it out eventually) Also, I don't care if the predicted prelude of 6-9 months turns into 16-19 months.

It's obvious that you are bored and have nothing else to do, otherwise you'd be off doing it since we all know you don't play this game (or like it) yet you come here and try to debunk every positive thread.

Post on your account that doesn't have your name in that bluish color. :confused:

You still haven't answered my question though, why do you still post here, you don't like the game and you don't play it? (did you get your feelings hut because the game didn't turn out the way you wanted it to?)

MrDDT
11-24-2011, 09:59 AM
The video with the mount and blade combat looked awesome but the voice was annoying...it reminds me of that guy from mmohut called omer who seems to breathe very rarexD

The other vieo looked...well it looked better as the video i was posting before but still...i miss the action...and then i was reading there,,very fast combat''.
I was thinking the directional attacks do you help to hit your enemy better and not only make more or less dmg.

Well...i think im trying it but i dont have very high hopes about xsyon...

There 2 questions left:
I was seeing a lot of weapons like maces in xsyon...are there swords too?
Would you call the combat system in xsyon more action based like in darkfall?

Thanks for the answers.

Having played both mount and blade, and darkfall. I would say its really not close to darkfall. However, comparing it to darkfall and wow. Yes then its a lot more like darkfall.

If you have played darkfall (and I would guess you have). It doesnt have arc'd swings. Parry works in directions not just frontal parry/block.
There is 0 ranged combat. No spells for anything. Melee in Darkfall is mostly 2 hand weapons, and using transfers for healing and readjusting your pools (mana, hp, stamina).
Really its nothing like darkfall combat other than you cant target players you have to aim (FPS style) and you click to swing.

Darkfall's melee is really boring though. Mount and Blade's melee is not. However, its not quiet at the level of mount and blade. I believe I've already said some of the reasons why.

There are no swords in Xsyon. Knives, Clubs, Axes, and Picks.

ShadowLegion
11-24-2011, 12:22 PM
You don't know what sincere means.

I'm sorry you're insulted. I'm glad you're able to look past flaws and enjoy the thought of hope, that is a very important skill for people like you to have.

You don't have any value to your time and money? That's strange.

what I don't understand is why you even bother...

You still fail at answering my question though, why do you still post here?

Sendrik
11-24-2011, 04:28 PM
That sounds more like a stone age setting then a apocaliptic oneO.O
,,There is 0 ranged combat. No spells for anything.''
,,There are no swords in Xsyon. Knives, Clubs, Axes, and Picks.''

I readed that the science in xsyon can envolve...so are there ranged weapons and swords planned for later?
I like swords a lot because it fits my style very well and i find weapons like clubs to...let us say barbaricxD

MrDDT
11-24-2011, 06:46 PM
That sounds more like a stone age setting then a apocaliptic oneO.O
,,There is 0 ranged combat. No spells for anything.''
,,There are no swords in Xsyon. Knives, Clubs, Axes, and Picks.''

I readed that the science in xsyon can envolve...so are there ranged weapons and swords planned for later?
I like swords a lot because it fits my style very well and i find weapons like clubs to...let us say barbaricxD

Yes Xsyon is set to evolve as time goes on. Its still in "Prelude".
Yes they do have plans for not only ranged weapons, but magics also.

MrDDT
11-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Ranged attacks have already been worked on, and other things are taking place a bit before this. I dont think it will be anywhere near 2 years for that. Maybe a month or so.

Magics well, I would expect it to take longer but again I think long before 2 years. You can say maybe in a week just as well as you can say maybe in 2 years.

Sendrik
11-24-2011, 10:17 PM
Thanks guys you helped me a lot.
The combat system is not what i expected but i give it a try.

Uhm...sorry if i ask to much but how is it with the pvp?I readed the only place where you are safe is in a your tribes place or something like that meaning you cant attack them but they can attack you...that sounds a little bit crazy so could you explain it a bit pls?I hope its not like automatic attack dissabeling...guards or stuff like that ok but just automaticly turn it off would take away to much freedom if you ask me.

MrDDT
11-24-2011, 11:34 PM
You can not attack someone inside their own tribe areas. If they are in your tribe area, someone else's tribe area or anywhere outside of a tribe area you can attack them.

Again the only place YOU cant attack someone is inside their OWN tribe area. They can attack you inside their own tribe area, but you cant attack them back.

Yes its automatic disabling attacking. No guards just coded that way. Think of it as their own safe zone.

Sendrik
11-26-2011, 01:24 AM
So you cant defend yourself?That sounds very unfair..i hope they change that later.
If they would change the automatic disabeling of your attacks in enemy tribe zones to guards it would be awesome.

Thanks for answering my questions.

ShadowLegion
11-26-2011, 08:55 AM
So you cant defend yourself?That sounds very unfair..i hope they change that later.
If they would change the automatic disabeling of your attacks in enemy tribe zones to guards it would be awesome.

Thanks for answering my questions.

I don't think you understand what they are saying.

Inside your tribe zone nobody can attack you, outside your tribe zone is FFA PVP.

If you go into someone else's tribe zone they can kill you - so stay out of their territory unless you know them.