PDA

View Full Version : What 5 Features would you like to see next?

GuideRaguel
12-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Here we go again.

We would very much like, each player to create a small list of 5 Features you would like to see implemented into Xsyon next.

We look forward to reading your posts!

Thank you.

Derek
12-12-2011, 09:07 AM
1. Expansion totems, siege mechanics, and more reasons to PvP.
2. Ranged combat, healing, and expanded combat abilities in general.
3. Revenants and other mobs that will attack tribes and homesteads which give reasons to have walls and add to the survival aspect of the game.
4. Small fixes to crafting interface to reduce mouse clicks.
5. Carts

Yutty
12-12-2011, 10:13 AM
1. Zombies / Revenants - that will have grouping tendancies that will attack tribes and such
2. archery !!! seriously
3. Fixes to Crafting that reduce the mouse clicks and dragging
4. UI change to allow us to lock down bags and other windows on the screen - im always accidentally dragging my windows around
5. Fast Switching of weapons and tools

Alc420
12-12-2011, 11:27 AM
1. Expansion totems, siege mechanics, and more reasons to PvP.
2. Ranged combat, healing, and expanded combat abilities in general.
3. Revenants and other mobs that will attack tribes and homesteads which give reasons to have walls and add to the survival aspect of the game.
4. Small fixes to crafting interface to reduce mouse clicks.
5. Fast Switching of weapons and tools
basically what derek said but w/ fast switching of weapons

Sevnless
12-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Carts
- They're almost done I hear, lets have em

Spiffing up the UI
- There's some really dumb things going on with the UI. Inability to surf creation menus while doing an action, inability to open a bag on your person while doing an action. They don't seem to be important to the game (ie anti macro things), but they're a real annoyance. Especially for newer players like me. I realize you can get used to it, but I really don't see it as being something that adds to the game.

Mouse over item names
- Would be great for organization if we could mouse over a container and find it's name without having to click on it.

Combat skill value
- Currently there's very little gain from grinding combat skills. Few people to fight with, not much (cough, any, cough) challenge from mobs. I'd like a reason to grind combat. Dangerous zones where better resources are found (guarded by mobs of some kind), pvp becoming more important (ie sieging, etc), whatever really. Combat just seems like a completely neglected aspect of this game utility wise right now. Personally don't see what they point of archery would be until combat has some sort of purpose.

Cooking
- On the way, but I really think the food system needs an overhaul. It requires no work atm to deal with it, and it provides *essentialy no benefit. Only way to justify the benefit would be cooking.

NorCalGooey
12-12-2011, 11:56 AM
1. Totem rework. Give more reason for removing safe zone besides the ability to PvP with others (if not nobody will remove safe zone, period.). Our tribe agreed that a good idea would be to have totem upkeep to make the boundary grow or shrink (based on members, so if you have inactive members that would only add to the weight that others had to pull for upkeep), and those who remove their safe zones would have much less upkeep to grow and preserve the boundary size because of being open to attack from players.

2. More danger (mutants are somewhat hard now, haven't tried a legendary plated bear though). More survival. More failures from crafting from thrist, hunger, more stamina loss from thirst/hunger. Give debuff to make thirst/hunger kill you after X amount of time (5 minutes real time for water, 30 minutes for food?) after hitting empty

3. Death penalties (must be in with carts, IMO)

4. Mounts (if this can be done without animal taming because running around the map to even visit someone for a small trade is a chore in this game)

5. More combat mechanics. IE dodge should be a sidestep move, give us cleave attacks, power attacks, instant attacks, some more choices in general. Healing would be great, but not from any magic. From antidotes and herbs created through cooking, IMO. Also, cooking would be great for food that adds buffs.

small things... i could go on and on but i don't feel like it.

-make food decay. really. this is needed if food is to feel important. we can't keep food cold here except during the winter, so it's going to spoil.

-make shovels decay. easy to do and adds to economy massively. makes weaponcrafters more important. make quality of shovel effect speed of terraforming cast. this alone will cause many people to scream in joy (IE terraforming takes too long now, especially for those who have to do it solo)

-allow baskets to stack. there is so much vertical space above baskets that can't be used for anything. not to mention all the ground space saved.

i'd keep going on and on if I actually thought some of these smaller tasks would get done. Good day.

MrDDT
12-12-2011, 01:17 PM
1)Crafting needs to be more fun with more purpose. Making 15000 wooden needles to level 5 to 100 isnt the answer. Sure you could do harder recipes, but still I was just deleting Master Wooden Needles of Supreme QL, by the baskets full while leveling my Toolcrafting. Doesnt make much sense. These items should be rare, using rare mats. Decay isnt even enough by far. 200 items made with 1 tool? Not good for economy.

2)Faster modes of travel. Mounts, boats, stamina potions so you dont have to rest as much, movement speed potions etc. Carts are a good start, but more than that needs to be done.

3)Reasons to fight, strife, contested rare resources. Why are we building walls if nothing can hurt us, or nothing to keep out? Mutants, and zombies wont be attacking totems, so no real needs there. Where is the strife and survival?

4)Healing options for combat, both stamina, and HP. Bandages, herbs, potions, spells, items that regen, housing that heals faster etc.

5)Add more levels of survival. Animals attacking players, the world is lacking a lot of players. There should be 1000x more animals than players. The world should be overran with animals. The population is so low, that they should be attacked a LOT by animals. People will want to band up more in populated areas. The ones that want to be hermits will know the risk (and should have known it). They want that risk, its part of living alone type of fun.

banden
12-12-2011, 01:25 PM
1: General Fixes and improvements for the crafting system.
- Get the item attributes that are not placeholders working. Speed, damage, agility etc.
- Mutant bones to be used in existing deer/bear bonecraft recipes -or- all new bone sets, atm mutant bones are only useable as generic bones.
- Crafting in batches -or- a complete revamp of how items are crafted, so it takes thinking rather than clicking to do.
- Either eliminate the need to craft useless items to skillup and then discarded -or- implement some feature as a sink for these items so they arent completly useless.

2: Expansion totems + A system for upkeep and decay of totems. Siege can come later.
3: Gauges, reworked thirst and hunger, implemented comfort and faith.
4: Ranged Combat.
5: An alignement system.

fatboy21007
12-12-2011, 03:03 PM
1. Carts
2. Cooking-Charming
3. Architechure-second storys
4. Ability to terraform granite and any other surface
5. Remove Totem button for tribes and Expanded Lands

Jadzia
12-12-2011, 06:29 PM
- Crafting in batches -or- a complete revamp of how items are crafted, so it takes thinking rather than clicking to do.
- Either eliminate the need to craft useless items to skillup and then discarded -or- implement some feature as a sink for these items so they arent completly useless.
I'd love to see this implemented. Training skills wouldn't feel so grindy if the crafted items had some use.

2. A new totem area system which is not based on the number of the tribemembers but on their effort.

3. Bigger focus on surviving...hunger and thirst should kill players after a while, same with low comfort (like being outside for long during the winter without proper clothes)

4. Working alignment system. This is very needed before you start to advertise the game again.

5. Farming.

Runtlington
12-12-2011, 11:42 PM
1. Carts
2. traps against animals, would work against humans but they are quite obvious to humans if they know what to look for.
3. Make use of streams/wind through mechanical methods, waterwheels/windmill to provide power, would make being near a river a lot more important for some tribes/homesteaders. Power could provide a mill for milling grain to make bread, could be left unattended. Could allow apparatus for speeding up crafting higher lvl recipes etc.
4. mining for resources such as coal to provide steam power for vehicles/motors if they were ever introduced.
5. Carrier pigeons to carry small items/letters to different people around the xyson area.

Just an extra point : The ability to use different kinds of material in recipes, different branches on the same barricade or different trees on a wall, there is no reason they should have to be the same ones, very annoying trying to find the last 3 logs (of the right type) for a wall.

Ptah
12-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Not in order of preference, to me they all are equally desirable.
1.Canoes
2.Totem Decay
3.Terraforming Tweaks (So I can finally level my area perfectly)
3.Ability to plant grass
4.Tunneling/Mining
5.Archery
Should have let us go to 10 far too many things we want.

thurgond
12-13-2011, 06:38 PM
1. Biggest need is for regular activities that should be done in groups. Currently only tribal construction projects fall into this category. There have been many suggestions for this. Mine is here (http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/7643-Special-Resources-Named-Creatures).

2. Creature population and AI. I know these are on the to do list, but critters regularly disappear from populated areas for real world weeks at a time. When this happens, fixes should be given a priority just below crash bugs.

3. Give the other craft skills makeovers like tool crafting got.

4. Shields. Please don't put in archery before giving us shields.

5. Two handed weapons/farming tools. I've got bins full of pitchforks, hoe heads, rakes, long handles, etc. I'm itching to make something of them and then go wack something with the product.

Ravelli

Deatu
12-13-2011, 10:38 PM
In order of preference,

1) Tutorial
2) Totem Decay
3) Carts
4) New resource skills, i.e. Agriculture, Cooking, Farming, Animal Husbandry
5) Carts

inhabit
12-14-2011, 12:48 AM
Fix current features before adding anything else

1)Sort animals finally
2)Work on resting/health regen system for those of us who actually leave our safe zones
3)Fix how a combat/hunting character has to stand and grind all tradeskills just to compete.(possibly made slightly better by fixing 1 above but more out of camp activities desperatly needed)
4)Alter scavenging system so its not completely random even for supposed Master scavengers. (possibly similar to how tree resourses appear, this would reduce the amount of clicking from disgarding items you dont want and you wouldnt need to pick up items every time, u could just move forward 8-10 paces and hit scav again)
5)Crafting in batches or allow for multitasking eg while a fish is cooking u could be out planting a few trees or filling up your water barrel or fishing then go back to your burnt fish and cook another one :). Or dont make things instant craft for instance making a healing remedy should take day/weeks for different strengths and mixing different ratios of herbs to discover the best (tribe secret technique). Basically what im saying is some sort of variety rather than a clone of the others ingame :).

VeryWiiTee
12-14-2011, 06:27 AM
I'm reading up to 11 features wanted at some xD..

Oh well here we go. No huge explanation form me, that wasn't required as far as I'm aware..
Some might get explanations now that I think of it.

1. Carts
2. Archery/Revenants
- Archery/Revenants are the prime necessity for me, thus they share 2/3 place.
- With Archery, shields should also be introduced.
3. Revenants/Archery
4. Animal Training (Mounts)
5. Improved Survival Aspect.
- I dig the die of thirst/hunger from NorCal, but the in-game days it takes for this to happen should be equivalent to how long you can do without food/water in real life.
@NorCal Yeah it was just 5min real life minutes without water is rash. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice with consequences, but I think they're too harsh. You would die like -a lot-. Anywho, dieing of thirst would be equivalent to 3 in-game days (1 real life day) and dieing of hunger would be 7 in-game days about 2 and 1/3 real life day. It should probably be related to accumulated online time without water/food. So that you don't log in to a dead character.. Or the effects should be slowed on logout.
- You could also debuff people. Due to hunger you move slower. The worse your hunger the more grave the effects. Fx 2 in-game days without food. You move slower and are more easily killed (ie. loss of HP due to your body beginning to cannibalize on itself to survive)

KeithStone
12-14-2011, 08:29 AM
1. Less mouse clicking (I've actually had to stop playing due to my wrist hurting while playing this game)
2. Ranged Combat
3. Totem Decay
4. Option for no safe zones
5. Implement the alignment system

I know you said 5, but there's a few more that should be on this list imo

6. It's currently way to easy to get everything you need in game and if a resource was made rare you could just drop a safe totem on top of it, so something needs to balance this.
7. Everyone being able to make everything regardless of a skill decay system is going to further ruin the economy (you just stockpile items and switch to a new craft and repeat)
8. Death penalties
9. Move totem around so you can terraform under it and then place it where it needs to be
10. Market System for trading (quest system is pretty much useless as it is and with an actual Market system I don't even see the need for it with the way it is now, it's not even really a quest system it's just a way to trade stuff between 2 players) IMO the market system should be setup similar to eve where you can place WTS and WTB offers.

Eyesgood
12-14-2011, 09:03 AM
1. A universal currency so as to provide a viable economy. Without currency and an economy, this game will die.

2. A method for individuals and tribes to offer items for sale. Merchant Tents? Click on tent and examine items "inside" offered by owner. Different size tents allow for less/more items for sale. 1 per player. Requires #1.

3. Mailbox system for ad-hoc chat buying/selling and shipping. Requires #1 and #2.

4. Farming system to produce crops for cooking and crafting.

5. Cooking system with recipes which nourish and affect stats/abilities based on recipe.

NorCalGooey
12-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Makes sense Ashreon. That would be better.

Neo70
12-15-2011, 07:47 AM
1. Carts
2. Animal Breeding and use it for largecarts
3. Archery
4. Totem WarDec (Wardeclaration on Player Tribes, siege etc.)
5. Cooking and Farming

xmechna
12-15-2011, 08:47 AM
1. Small fixes to crafting interface to reduce mouse clicks a.k.a batch crafting.
2. animal breeding and taming to add more mini games to play also to help crafting and cooking supply.
3.cooking im tired of sushi dernit.
4.mobs that destroy the lingering remnants of ghost towns and items in the world that have been left unattended for long amounts of time.
5.mobs that attack towns steal unprotected goods attack people at random adding a town defense mini game.

Tesla
12-17-2011, 05:36 PM
1. I want to discover something other than more junkpiles while out exploring.
2. I want all these damn one time login totems to go the F#@& away.
3. I want at least some of this S#!% that I've been gathering and scavenging to be worth something.
4. I want to be held accountable for my actions.
5. I want any feature that will inspire a reason or desire to continue playing.

Hartley

stonedogg1
12-17-2011, 07:31 PM
1) Fix crafting! Master quality armor with a bonecraft skill of 69?!? COME ON! 'Nuff said.
2) Implement skill decay! Although I'm very happy for all of the players that have skilled to 100 in everything, you (the developers) have poisoned the game. Why the hell would ANYONE want to wonder around when they know that they can grind there skill high enough to create anything in game if they dedicated their time to it. Why would ANYONE want to stay in game once they've "been there, done that - have the 100 skill to prove it"?
3) Implement totem decay/expansion! My tribal zone is enormous considering the number of active tribe members Legion has. I realize I'm cutting my own throat with this (considering the amount of building we've done), but tribal zones should reflect the number of active members (by log-in, per month). Expansion totems would be the saving grace of large tribal areas with minimal active members.
4) Finish EVERY SKILL you advertise or get rid of them FFS! How long do we have to look at icons for cooking, animal husbandry, etc...until they are implemented.
5) Get working on the player created quest system! Give the player base something to do (other than build & craft). If I convinced 4 of my friends to join this game and we played everyday for four/five months, we would have a kick ass tribal area, all the tools/armor/weapons we need, and would have ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO STAY & INTERACT WITH OTHERS other than griefing.

Every single one of these items is here in the hopes that if implemented, it will encourage new players into the game AND GIVE THEM A REASON TO STAY.

Drevar
12-19-2011, 12:56 PM
No particular order:
1. Continue UI tweaks, especially to chat and crafting (reduce clicks, batch schemes, "practice" option)
2. Revamp totem mechanics for expansion, upkeep, decay, and upgrade.
3. More options for terraforming, including larger area level, raise to x, lower to x, and changing basic ground textures so we aren't stuck with huge patches of ugly brown dirt.
4. Skill decay (We really need an open discussion on how this is going to work.)
5. Fix inspiration/learning for craft skills at 100.

unclean666
12-20-2011, 07:08 AM
1-5 Fix crafting and tools! I just cant see anything being added to the game that would even matter until crafting means something again.

Add zombies? why theres nothing to lose or gain from them.Oh no i got killed and they looted my supreme weps and gear.oh well ill just grab on of the other 1000 I or any moron with master or artisan tools can make.

Add carts? why to haul more stuff so we can craft even more supreme stuff with nothing more then a lil skill and master tools?

Add more animals to hunt?what for to make more gear with stats like dex suits for crafting? haha stats dont really matter because all you need are the stupid master and artisan tools.

Hate to tell you but you can add stuff all day everyday but until crafting is fixed and gives the stuff we make value again it just dont matter.

You had crafting right the first time...until you first patched the bonuses to everything and it went down hill even more after you turned on artisan and master tools.Trade used to be pretty active for those of us that had the right stats,skill and know how.Now that artisan and master tools are god like trade is dead and i mean DEAD! oh wait no its not only thing left to trade is the artisan and master tool recipes makes it even that more funny that only thing people have left to trade is the very thing that killed it.

Niburu
01-10-2012, 12:30 AM
1. Make the game more easy to access aka less clicks for certain actions ( auto harvesting, auto crafting until no materials are in theb ackpack) or an additional bag when you start to strage your first items
2. Improved PVP, no safezones except the new starter area, Ranged Combat, make storage bins accessable for everyone outside your tribal area
3. character roles ( dedicatet fighter/crafter )
4. Missing skills like taming,cooking
5. Expansion totems, siege mechanics,

potakas
01-10-2012, 02:28 AM
I want to see in Xsyon, things that every mmo has from the beginning.And those things are:

1.Universal currency and trade (make the dollars,quarter,cents active and give the option to players to build shops(like Eyesgood said) to sell their goods)
2.Mobs (the animals are not mobs.Put zombies in the game ASAP)
3.Mounts (i think we need mounts even more than carts.Like the game it is now it is very difficult to travel for trading)
4.Quests (i know Xsyon doesn't have npcs to give quests and the player quest system isnt good enough but how about this: make "prophecy books" that you can scavenge from junk piles.A prophesy book will be a book that tells a story about a special item you can find in a specific area on the map,or a special animal or zombie you can find in another area, or a treasure hunt,or other quests you can do to fulfill the "prophecy")
5.heals and self buffs (the plants are allready in the game.Make them give to the player, by eating them, a buff,like self heal,energy restore,encubrance bonus etc)

Also the building part is very important for the game and it is one of the things that keep players still in Xsyon,so make more architecture parts like walls with windows and doors,stairs,multiple story parts,balconies maybe etc)

Ingame character: Dilis

p_ian_trooper
01-25-2012, 09:19 AM
1. remove macro-like crafting to grind skills. everything that can be macroed in 3 lines MUST be done with the game 1 button. e.g. click harvest to collect resourses, click craft to create till resourses end, practice option to grind skills
2. Increase stamina
3. remove old totems, make all dropped bags lootable
4. add more beasts to fight
5. FIX walls and structures

Aglos
01-26-2012, 06:47 AM
1.- reduce mouse clicks, I have pain in my hand when I play some time
2.-Archery, My future role will be a hunter, I can not imagine hunting without a bown
3.- Animal taming, but well done, I would like to see anyone riding on a bear I like to play something more realistic game and I do not like to see a bear as a pet, a dog, a coyote something that can really tame. Livestock will also be good for recived fabaricacion.
4.-think about changing or improving the economy, change is good for good for a small community it is fine, but if the game gets bigger in the future, as happened in cultures pasads need a kind of money/currency, gold, dollars. .. for better understanding and functioning of the economy. Control gold and silver mines can be a good incentive to pvp, and if you choose dollars .... undead can drop money, and future quest npcs or not ....

A new skill would be interesting, "trade". The crafters will be able to raise this skill to set up your shop, even have a chat channel to advertise their goods accessible up the trade skill. More points in this skill, more slots in your store to sell various goods and more space for storage in the shop.

5.-Skill cap, we all like playing god, know it all, I try to upload all the skills, but this is not smart and ultimately do more harm than good to the game. One should be able to have a more specific role, or be something more hybrid without being good at everything, but not be master of all as it does in other games like this very dead DF having no skill cap.

Sorry if you do not understand English very well with my Google Translate

Amnesia
01-27-2012, 01:32 AM
Based off the earlier entrants in this thread I've made my own list of 5 wanted features:

1. Archery (as suggested by earlier entrants);
2. Mounts/taming (including canoes as suggested by Ptah);
3. Crafting (reduce mouse clicks, more fun process as suggested by MrDDT, ability to terraform totem spot);
4. Faster switching of weapons/tools (as suggested by earlier entrants);
5. Functional housing (merchant tents as suggested by Eyesgood).

Deacon
01-27-2012, 10:25 AM
well, I'll put these two first, as it's what my former tribe were waiting on..who'll prob not return now because they've found other interests.

1. Planting/crops
2. Cooking

for me

3. Archery/shields
4. Mounts
5. Make crafting more detailed (see below)

I'll explain last one a bit. Make something like bone gauntlets, require leather gloves/bracers as base, which then bonecrafter/armorer adds bone to, of course using other items like screws etc. This would include more crafts in the final product also giving finished product more variety of different stats and/or skill bonuses.

Stingx
01-28-2012, 05:21 AM
1. Farming / Cultivation
2. Husbandry and riding
3. Expansion totems or plot ownership inside a tribe
4. Bows
5. Religion / Good vs. Evil / Faith stuff

blythega
01-29-2012, 02:15 AM
1. The ability to see when friends/tribe members login or off. (make this an option that you can turn on or off). It is so annoying currently not knowing if a friend or tribe member is online.
2. Server wide spots where ANYONE can participate in the building of strategic structures. i.e. what I mean by this is things like at waterfalls provide the ability to allow anyone to add resources to the construction of a bridge for example (have a ruined bridge structure showing that can have resources added too to allow the completion of the bridge). Also as these will be strategic structures then obviously there would be the ability for ANYONE to siege and destroy these structures (all though this should take considerable effort). You could have a world event message that shows when the structure completes warning everyone on the server. This now becomes a focus point for possible PvP conflicts if the structure has any strategic value. Other structures that come to mind are Oil Rigs/Refinery, Collapsed Mine shaft containing some precious metal/resource? Destroyed Petrol Station or Mechanics Shop if repaired gives access to fuel/technology?
3. The ability for a tribe to construct lookout tower structures that provide some form of sphere of influence. The better the quality of the tower the further the reach of the sphere of influence. Once the tower has been built it could enable any number of features for the Tribe. Things that come to mind are a.) when someone comes into the sphere of influence tribe members get a message indicating that they are somewhere within that area. This would allow the opportunity to focus defence or provide opportunities for focused PvP. b.) Within the sphere of influence provide some limited building capability i.e. the ability to build farms comes to mind or allow tribe members the ability to place certain types of structures i.e. maybe defensive structures like traps? Of course anyone should be able to try and destroy the lookout towers similar to the bridge example above.
4. Functional Housing to do away with the thousands of baskets i.e. the ability to store items inside a house.
5. Cooking/Farming

Supermox
01-29-2012, 02:24 PM
1: totem decay
2: ranged combat
3: zombie that siege city players
4: muont - taming
5: siege and rare resource

frogger33
01-30-2012, 05:20 AM
Simply 1 thing, but would make a huge difference to the economical and social aspect of the game.

FARMING!

Sounds small but its a huge undertaking i suppose.

You can have a seperate domestication skill along side taming

Chickens
Pigs
Cows
Goats... you get the picture.

and abilities to get better at your farming abilities.

you could make it so each tribe / person had to specialize in only 1 type of farming

then this would encouridge to join in with the overall economy/trade.

Also, some kind of marketplace.... or a central place in each area people can have markets or something like a auction. although i would rather it be a market you had to have some sort of stall at.

Azurfale
02-02-2012, 08:59 AM
1. Totem Decay
2. Bows/Shields as well as the remaining weapon classes not in game yet.
3. Tweaked animal AI (animals of the same type will 'pack') otherwise avoid eachother.
4. Expansion Totems as well as fixing Totem Expansion (dropping tribe every 5 members is a pain in the ass)
5. Siege Mechanics (would be my number 1 cuz its what I want the most but other things need to be in place first.)

aliksteel
02-02-2012, 11:40 AM
1. Agriculture (Farming and Animal husbandry[Eggs/Milk, Wool/Leather, Butcher/Slaughter, Animal taming])

2. Archery

3. Cooking

4. Zombies

5. Revamp: Fishing, Crafting, Tree chopping, log cutting, Terraforming, Faction Alignment(or is that it turn on), Death penalty, Mining(Harvesting everything from grass to ore)

Wish List beyond my top four and the revamp list that I have hopes that is already on your list of to does.
Note: This is long term wish list for much later.

1. Open New lands

2. Character customization

3. Clothing options (Male, Female [Adventurer, Villager])

4. Siege Mechanics

5. God(s)

znaiika
02-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Global Market and Mail systems, "when anything bought? then that item should be delivered in time, depends on the location, could be one two or more in game days, would make easier to trade with all players, the price for delivery should be set on the distance and how heavy the load is, we have currency already, all we need is to put it in good use.
Make walls and obstacles to stop animals from getting in or out if they fall in to traps, or got closed by a player in the fence trap, also if any sharp sticks are placed in the trap? the animal should die from damage and decay if not looted in time.
First player view is not that real, make larger viewing angle and be able to see hands, feet "Depth of Field", when I switch to first person? it's almost if I put on magnified glass, feels so weird.
Cooking. Ranged weapons.
Add tools to be found in scrap dumps, could be rare.
When starting: please make that one starts with basic tools and recipes, like fishing rod, knife, ax, saw and shovel, make basic tools to decay faster.

Whorlok
02-07-2012, 09:37 PM
1.Ranged Combat (alla Skyrim)
2.Cooking (Models Bushes with Berries,Healing Plant)
3.Taming (horses)(animal rearing)
4.Siege Mechanics
5.Farming

soulless
02-28-2012, 09:42 AM
1. Tools for players to create more content. (and example is player made quests, however, I prefer a new point of contact to issue quests, not totems, as they are normaly behind gates at the center of a tribe. perhaps a new item, that can be placed at the front gate, or at multiple entry points that lists quests.)

2. Better Combat all around (more involved, more fun than the current system.)

3. Rare resources (that are needed) in a few places to create conflict points.

4. Better Trade systems (improving carts and roads, boats, bridges... however the current guide trade events are a nice filler)

5. Totem Decay, did I mention Totem Decay?... yes Totem Decay, Thanks.

schlock
02-28-2012, 10:43 AM
1. Ranged combat of some sort. Archery, sling shot, sling etc. Just don't make it OP. Long loads maybe.
2. Reduce clicking for crafting. I can only play for so long before hand/wrist get's tired.
3. Enable nomadic lifestyle. Allow to change location of totem without dropping tribe name and members. Obviously there should be a time and range limit.
4. Reasons to do more than crafting, namely PvP. FFA with maybe some limitations at least.
5. Decays of all sorts. Totems, fires, baskets, logs etc. I'd even like to see some erosion so abandoned tribelands can slowly be take on a natural look.

johnthebeast86
02-28-2012, 10:55 AM
- Ranged combat

- more action that implies massive use of weapons in order to defend own tribe from a lots of mobs especially mutants, zombies, weird creatures of the night, that moving as a group ... and sometimes some really powerful monsters that are strong and can damage structures such as walls, houses etc ... and requires help of more 'players to be defeated and consequently the death penalty for that will give such temporary malus, equip damage etc.. I say this for improve crafting weapons and armor (atm they aren't so usefull)

- rare resources for making rare recipes (this increases the need to trade ..... build roads and bridges .... and make it safe!)

- Farming and irrigation

- Cooking (this emplies differentiation of foods in variety and quality by providing several temporary bonuses good or bad in relation to the ability to cook and what you cook and also the need that there are strong penalties if you do not eat or drink).

Archangei
02-28-2012, 01:37 PM
1: Economics (Rare Resources, More Resources, Farming, Food Seasons (Winter killing crops and make's food hard to come by), Decay to everything, expand the land ALOT and give an incentive for people to move out to the new areas, increasing the distance between tribes and regional resources which would increase trading.)

2: Tribe Enhancments (Expansion Totems, Move your Totem without havning to disband, Building Decay, Quests, Guild Structures, Bigger reasons to be in a guild / tribe just than having more slaves)

3: World Achievements (Let people work for a common goal to complete tasks in the world, huge tasks.. rebuilding roads , creating bridges, clearing an invasion or growing pest.. More Community Involvement)

4: Religion: With a new world where the possibilites are endless with new gods entering the picture, let us pray, let us create our own gods, let us give em a sacrifice for bonuses etc, the more people that pray to that god the higher the bonus.

5: Immersion to the world, has this world been consumed.. all we can see so far is scrap piles and some what half arsed roads... Where are the signs of civilization?

Xeerara
03-08-2012, 12:36 PM
1 Full screen option with borders so this game can support 2 monitors
and the game wont crash anymore

2 more animals and maybe even monsters like zombies

3 a friend system where you can add friends like there is now but then where you can see if someone is on or offline

4 a better world map

5 dungeons

CrazyMoe
03-11-2012, 05:50 AM
1) Real PvP content. Safe Zones should have the advantage of security but also disavantadges. Totems should be destroyable or capturable. Xsyon has a very good base for crafting and construction but it lacks conflict to make it all more alive.
2) Ranged combat. Bows, crossbows, rudimentary firearms.
3) Horses, vehicles.
4) Zombie/Mutant attacks on camps. (The size of the attack depends on the number of tribe members)
5) More story related events by Guides.

oneyedwang
03-18-2012, 05:06 PM
1: a more fluid combat system. Including pros and cons to armor types and weapon choices.

2: armor and weapons decaying and being used at a much faster rate

3: PO's need to go let them start to decay and add these patterns into the game so they can be made. (I have one btw)

4: Bring junk back down to their original 4 picks per tile. This won't immediately impact the economy but over time it will allow players to place a higher value on things that are essentially worthless.

5: Restructuring of guide policies, the general way these player volunteers interact with us in certain situations comes across as arrogant,rude and insulting.

Qwerty
04-12-2012, 07:23 PM
1. The full map to be released and if there is a delay to totem decay let's rid of inactive tribe lands immediately. This is not the desolate lonely wilderness, but one big third world crowded shanty town.

2. Ranged combat with bows and spears.

3. Mounts and horse drawn carts with 40-60 slots :)

4. Alliances forged with friends and tribes so you create your own safe zones or mini nations with other people, maybe merge adjoining lands & join up roads for mutual benefit & trade.

5. Having the ability to destroy architecture & totems, winning more land influence for your homestead, band, clan or tribe.

dorin
04-20-2012, 12:58 PM
1.farming
2.cooking
3. siege machines
4.scavengers/zombies
5.beds

Azzym
05-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Im a crafter and would like to see the following in the game in the near future.

1) Farming (which also adds tools and new architecture things, like mills/barns/pens)
2) Cooking (with added designs like ovens, stoves, kitchen utensils store rooms)
3) Smithing/Mining (incuding long process times for refining ore into metals, and ofc news designs like anvils, tools, and lots more)
4) Furniture (an expanded woodcraft or separate skill focused on furnitures)
5) A bottom up approach to architecture w/o need to terraform in order to put projects in. Project first, terraform after, actual build last.

Neo70
07-24-2012, 07:27 AM
My List :
1. Archery - Range Combat
2. Cooking
3. Farming
4. Mounts (Horses) + Taming
5. Currency + Economy

If this Features are ingame, that would make Xsyon really, really Awesome ! (Xsyon are Awesome anyway ;) )

Zaralis
07-24-2012, 07:51 AM
My List :
1. Taming - I want a guard dog :)
2. Range Combat
3. diving - Underwater world of fish and plant and resources
4. Cooking
5. Farming

Geozen
09-25-2012, 10:18 AM
1. Taming
2. Cooking
3. Archery/Bowcrafting
4. Farming
5. Magic

Duac
09-26-2012, 07:21 PM
1. Farming
2. Cooking
3. Healing
4. Taming
5. Mounts

tomduril
09-27-2012, 04:39 AM
1 Cooking
2 Farming
3 Healing
4 Taming
5 Mounts

(based on the list from the other 2 - just my priority list)

Nephilum
12-04-2012, 07:47 PM
1 Cooking
2 Farming
3 Healing
4 Taming
5 Mounts

(based on the list from the other 2 - just my priority list)
I agree with the above

Hero
01-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Anything its lists in its features would be great -.- Agriculture especially we need to be able to at least plant grass and tame a chicken or something.

Actual reasons to build walls

Map reset to even out the last 2yrs of bugs, glitches and other unbalancing effects its had. (il get shot for saying that)

All useless buttons and items, loading screens, totem functions etc Removed all they give is disappointment if they are useless or imply an unimplemented function delete it.

Rank Privileges on gates if not at least social lock on it like with baskets so you can chooose who may open the gate.

Hero
01-02-2013, 12:17 PM
-allow baskets to stack. there is so much vertical space above baskets that can't be used for anything. not to mention all the ground space saved.
^^
Or just give us shelves (furniture) as featured