PDA

View Full Version : pets?

jagatai22
04-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Im a huge pet fanatic, i've been in love with pet type characters since UO Tamer :)

Is there any documentation or information i can read that talks more about Xsyons Pet system?

Thanks.

Kitsume
04-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Actually there is practically no documentation beyond the controls basics at this time. The game is not even released yet, current target date is May 15th.

Controls: http://www.xsyon.com/controls

edaw22
04-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Thats not true at all, there has been many quotes from Xsyon regarding the pet/mount/taming system. Im typing on my Archos 5 atm but when i get onto my PC ill link some info.

edaw22
04-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Here some bits and pieces from all around the forums and FAQs

edaw22 wrote:
1. How will mounts/pets be obtained?
What will the taming process involve? Will the player actually have to do something?

Virtus Wrote:
I believe answering this would give away to much information and ruin some of the discovery if answered.

edaw22 wrote:
2. What kids of creatures can be tamed?

Virtus Wrote:
I believe any and all.

edaw22 wrote:
7. Can we name out mount/pet? and will we need to feed them etc to keep loyalty (or similar mechanic) up?[/b]

Virtus Wrote:
Unsure about naming, pretty sure about feeding.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Edaw22 says:
Will Mounts the player has tamed be “de-spawnable” or can we stable our pets/mounts?

Xsyons says:
3) Mounts and pets can be summoned or 'put away'. We'd like to add
stables / animal pens, but this is not done yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Edaw22 says:
Hey Xsyons devs. There was one worry that arose in the new FAQ
discussion thread and that was pets. I would like to know if there
will be a skill, like Animal Control or something that will be needed
to use pets effectively and if it will contribute heavily to the
players softcap? I personally think, and evidently so do others, that
if there isnt a skill associated with this, all players will have pets
due to their being no down side. If a player has to forgo learning
other combat related skills to be able to be a good animal controller
then that is fine, but if someone can be just as good in regular
combat and still have a pet to help then... Well surely you can see
the issue with that? Any clarification appreciated. Thank you

Xsyon says:
Yes, there is an animal taming skill and like all skills it contributes
to the soft cap.
Animal taming also relies on the charm stat which many players might
overlook.

Edaw22 says:
Ok thank you once again for your amazingly quick reply to both this questions and my others, and yes that does help a lot.

However when you say there will be an animal taming skill does this mean there will only be one skill for both initially Taming creatures and controlling them in combat etc?

Also will pets/mounts have any kind of loyalty level toward their owner which raises and lowers based on whether the creature is fed etc? and will we be able to sell animals by transferring ownership to another player?

Ok, imma stop asking questions and leave you alone now to whatever it is you are up to atm

Still, thank you for clarifying.

Xsyons says:
Hello Wade,

I'm waiting on some major uploads and downloads right now which is why I have time. Though I should get some sleep soon!

Right now the animal taming system is a simple version of what we want to implement. What we have planned does include:

Animal taming is one skill for taming and controlling, but there is a separate riding skill.
Pets / mounts will have loyalty and will ignore attack commands if they are not loyal. There could be other side effects such as having mounted animals only walk and not run if they are not loyal.

We do want to set up feeding animals to keep them loyal.

We do want to set up animal ownership but I'm not 100% how that will work. It will have to affect the creature's loyalty to it's new master, and a master without good taming skill or charm will have to do more to maintain the creature loyal (at the same time building taming / handling skill).

So, in short... it's not all set up yet, but I think we're on the same page as far as mounts and pets are concerned.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats most of the info I know of but im sure there are a few other things floating around ive forgotten about.

Palo god
04-14-2010, 08:58 PM
I want a slave, fuck pets, unless pet is a metaphor for slave.

Lily
04-15-2010, 01:51 AM
Palo god wrote:

Nice idea, we need more slavery in games. One tribe conquers another's area, we take them as slaves! They have to escape to be free again.

Cradlejoe
04-15-2010, 02:10 AM
Lily wrote:

Palo god wrote:

Nice idea, we need more slavery in games. One tribe conquers another's area, we take them as slaves! They have to escape to be free again.

I have a tiny hunch, because of something said by Virtus or Jooky a while ago, that tribes will have NPCs for things like security and what not. So I don't suppose it'd be such a bad idea to be able to get some free manual labour after raiding another tribes settlement.

Also on the topic of pets: Hunter showed us some vids of animations for a puppy and a kitten (Which were pretty snazzy if I may say so myself) so that may give more evidence for a actualy "pet" system rather than just taming and keeping an animal.

Nails
05-06-2010, 02:47 AM
Are there any plans to have tribe loyal pets (eg guard dogs) which would wander around the village attacking non tribe members / hostile tribe members.

It would also be good if tribe members would take tribe loyal pets with them when they go gathering etc for protection. I'd assume that the skill to do with having pets would effect what and how many you could take with you.

Each pet would have to be trained by a tribe member to make them tribe loyal pets.

Thoughts?

Diocletian
05-06-2010, 04:01 AM
Nails wrote:

Are there any plans to have tribe loyal pets (eg guard dogs) which would wander around the village attacking non tribe members / hostile tribe members.

It would also be good if tribe members would take tribe loyal pets with them when they go gathering etc for protection. I'd assume that the skill to do with having pets would effect what and how many you could take with you.

Each pet would have to be trained by a tribe member to make them tribe loyal pets.

Thoughts?

This is a reasonable idea, no one will want to mess with the forest with Smokey the Bear looking out for it. :P