PDA

View Full Version : Has the game gotten any better

MGStewart
01-02-2012, 04:18 PM
I play games to have fun but i also like the idea of this game it is just boring. I Bought it around 5 months ago and played for about a week with a guy called Mr DDT we went round killing bears it was pretty funny but after i got tired of that there was nothing really to do. When i used to play like runescape i would level skills make money kill hard enemys with groups and gear up for pvp and in this theres nothing i really have to prepare for so i get bored.

Something that usualy goes round in mmos im gona give an example of runescape it has many skills. SO i chop trees on it and while im leveling this up i can sell it for money but in this i chop trees i can build stuff but i have no reason to.

What i truly think is there needs to be 1 starting town that xyson creates where we have general stores and stuff then the game world can grow from there and the tribes around it need to visit there every so often . i might come back in the future but there just has to be something thats fun to come on for.

Some interesting features which could be added to boost things to do

Most important to me is a Starting town which is like the king of all towns it has resting areas, stores, arena things that people have a reason to go to if there in need of supplies. i no its about having your own tribe but we build around this and it would help the game grow and start a comminity for example dam no logs here o you should go to the treehugger tribe they sell lots o ok thanks.
This could also be used for QUESTS - you read sign in the town and the TJ tribe in need of 10 baskets deliver to these cords where there totem is and you gain 5 logs something like that so you actualy adventuring to do something for other people growing a massive world community.

Treasure trails in runescape our basic but in this game we could get a map of the current area we are in and some cords and have to find and dig a chest out the ground and claim rewards which can be rare or important.

Holding animals so they breed and give your tribe food and at night animals can come and try kill them this makes you defend your land or build better defences.

half of the map could be pvp half pve you could do it so you can only have 1 tribe in either pvp or pve zone. Or you could be aloud to have one in each zone and in the pvp zone everything can be destoryed but there needs to be better building tools for this. and the pve zone could be your comercial tribe or an ally pve tribe can supply a pvp tribe and enemys can try intercept trade routes would be fun.

banden
01-03-2012, 03:10 AM
Its funny you should mention MrDDT, Id say that Indutrials Strengh boot camp is one of those very large cities where you can allways find someone to help you, does it really matter that it its not a NPC town? Not in my book. :)

MGStewart
01-03-2012, 07:31 AM
banden the npc town was so people would meet because most just stay in there zones or around and this would allow the game to grow.

Niburu
01-03-2012, 09:47 AM
The first thing that this game neeeds is meaningful content. okay we got one meaning atm and that is build stuff. But we need more like holding territory

banden
01-03-2012, 11:22 AM
banden the npc town was so people would meet because most just stay in there zones or around and this would allow the game to grow.

My point was that emphasis should and will be kept on player created content. They have stuck with the idea of no friendly npc towns or mobs so far and I think they will keep it that way. Thats not a bad thing though, cities are made and run by players, I take it that you are a returning player so you might not know this but larger tribes can now set their tribelands as starting location for new players. Once a proper alignment system is implemented these tribes will be able to act very much like the NPC towns you are asking for.

The reason why people do not congregate is not that they dont have anywhere to do it, there is no reason to congregate in larger groups and trade, fight etc. because Everything is in abundance so there isent really an economy to speak of, land is all the same so there is no reason to fight over it, this has been discussed at length, time and time again and NPC towns will do absolutely nothing to change it.

HyBrasil
01-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Confidence is a dish that is best served in the toilet. Unless you have lots of grains of salt to take with it.

Andius
01-04-2012, 12:30 AM
I have the same question as the topic title. I was here for the first month or two and I want someone to answer the question.

What new features/tweaks of old features have been added to this game since release? I know I could browse the forums and probably find them all but if there is someone here that has either been here the whole time or who left and came back, I would really like to see a summary of the more major changes so I know whether its worth my time to resub and give the game another shot or not.

fatboy21007
01-04-2012, 01:47 AM
planting trees
bout 120+ new arch schemes
Combat got revised
animals got revised several times + they can turn mutant now
lots of sync issues and optimizations were done
Schemes now have a limit to how many you can learn based on level
Tool-weapon-armor decay is in and working
Are totems are candycanes with presents around them atm
Tribes with 20+ members n that have the *tribe status* can now select to have new player spawn by their city
Their is waterskins (they carry water and you can drink from them and refill them from the lake-river or a barrel)
Water barrels was added, this is a woodcraft scheme that ya grind out, Waterskins can be found scavenging or grinding
Scavenging drop rates have changed massively and are a bit challenging now.
Their is Quality on all items and artisan-master tool recipes, Also quality effects the items durability as well as damages
Items can be found ingame to give gears bonus's that effect certain skills and stats
Carts are being worked on and almost done, ive gotten to test them, they are very nice!
Also tribes give a bonus to ya that effects your stats
Skill decay tracking system is ingame and skill decay will be insoon same with totem decay
So theirs wats bein worked on now and wats been added to the game :-)
oh and almost forgot, account system is almost finished /redone

Andius
01-04-2012, 02:06 AM
I have to answer honestly. You almost had me sold until you mentioned skill decay. I don't want to have to tailor my activities in game around not losing stats in my focus skills. Depending on how skill decay works I may or may not give this game another try. If there is some way to select a few skills that will never decay I'm fine with it. If all skills always decay whenever you aren't using them, or whenever you gain XP in any skill, that won't work for me at all.

fatboy21007
01-04-2012, 02:13 AM
well from my understanding, when ya say keep making stuff with arch, then another skill will begin decaying, So you can actually still use any skill, however you have to spec into which skill ya want, However this is all that i know about it and its from here on the fourms, Not sure of how exactly itll work, but im sure it wont be that bad.

Andius
01-04-2012, 02:31 AM
See that is pretty gamebreaking for me. If I lose skill in my main skills every time I have to briefly use my other skills, then the result is me having to play a constant game of balancing out my stats the way I want them, and forcing me to use the skills I want to remain high constantly.

What I would like is to pick a few skills, like you do when you pick your focus skills in character creation. Those skills would never decay so I wouldn't have to worry as much. If I need to level a bit of dirt I don't have to worry about my leatherworking going down as long as I took leatherworking as a focus skill. That way people will still need to trade with eachother to get quality goods from skills they don't focus on, but you can sit back and enjoy the game doing basic tasks in any skill without worrying about your favorite skills becoming less effective.

KeithStone
01-04-2012, 05:07 AM
I have to answer honestly. You almost had me sold until you mentioned skill decay. I don't want to have to tailor my activities in game around not losing stats in my focus skills. Depending on how skill decay works I may or may not give this game another try. If there is some way to select a few skills that will never decay I'm fine with it. If all skills always decay whenever you aren't using them, or whenever you gain XP in any skill, that won't work for me at all.

I don't think they will decay by not using them, my guess from what has been talked about in the past is if you max skill A and then try to max skill B - skill A will start to decay - at least I hope this is how it will work. (I don't know what the caps will be, so I don't know how many skills you'd be able to keep at 100)

See that is pretty gamebreaking for me. If I lose skill in my main skills every time I have to briefly use my other skills, then the result is me having to play a constant game of balancing out my stats the way I want them, and forcing me to use the skills I want to remain high constantly.

What I would like is to pick a few skills, like you do when you pick your focus skills in character creation. Those skills would never decay so I wouldn't have to worry as much. If I need to level a bit of dirt I don't have to worry about my leatherworking going down as long as I took leatherworking as a focus skill. That way people will still need to trade with eachother to get quality goods from skills they don't focus on, but you can sit back and enjoy the game doing basic tasks in any skill without worrying about your favorite skills becoming less effective.

you're going on player provided information to base your decision on whether or not you will like the system when they haven't really given us enough info to know exactly how it will work - you're just going to have to wait and see how they do it.

fatboy21007
01-04-2012, 10:17 AM
yea keith is rite, we dont know how its gonna work exactly as i stated before. All we can do is just sit back n wait n see.

NorCalGooey
01-04-2012, 03:16 PM
I hope it works like the stat system.

IE, you never will lose skills from not grinding them. You only lose skills from grinding other skills too much, like happens with stats.

MGStewart
01-04-2012, 04:23 PM
My point was that emphasis should and will be kept on player created content. They have stuck with the idea of no friendly npc towns or mobs so far and I think they will keep it that way. Thats not a bad thing though, cities are made and run by players, I take it that you are a returning player so you might not know this but larger tribes can now set their tribelands as starting location for new players. Once a proper alignment system is implemented these tribes will be able to act very much like the NPC towns you are asking for.

The reason why people do not congregate is not that they dont have anywhere to do it, there is no reason to congregate in larger groups and trade, fight etc. because Everything is in abundance so there isent really an economy to speak of, land is all the same so there is no reason to fight over it, this has been discussed at length, time and time again and NPC towns will do absolutely nothing to change it.

I get what your saying but your also making me make sense there should be ONE npc town so people actualy do meet.

GuideRaguel
01-05-2012, 12:02 AM
At its current state and in Jordi's vision of the game, an NPC town will not be part of Xsyon in any capacity.
However... Founders Island has now been populated by the Guides, and construction has begun to create a central starting point for new players to spawn into.
It will also be used for Guide Quests from the Totem, and anyone on the Founders Island can find peace in the idea that PvP does not belong there.

So to sum up, Founders Island is a 'New player' starting point, Its a trading, meeting and questing place. With the added bonus of it been a safe haven to all.

eric
01-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Great, finally a 'safe haven' to trade... ;)

Just too bad that once carts are ingame the island isn't easily reachable. Unless we will have boats aswell!

GuideMihr
01-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Hello,

Founder Island is not surronded by water it has a path :)

GuideRaguel
01-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Hello,

Founder Island is not surronded by water it has a path :)

Yes GuideMihr is correct.
There is a Path that leads to the Founders island.
But also Eric you are correct. It is located at the most Northern point of the lake near the Region 'Crystal'.

But once the trading starts, it might very well be worth the trip.

Runtlington
01-05-2012, 02:27 PM
But once the trading starts, it might very well be worth the trip.

Thats a long way to travel if your near the green mist :( (Zombies will deff get me!!)

fatboy21007
01-05-2012, 04:28 PM
they are located with in 10 minutes of where i live. Can't wait for u guides to finish up n start selling stuff! (least i hope ya sell stuff ^^ )

Niburu
01-06-2012, 08:17 AM
At its current state and in Jordi's vision of the game, an NPC town will not be part of Xsyon in any capacity.
However... Founders Island has now been populated by the Guides, and construction has begun to create a central starting point for new players to spawn into.
It will also be used for Guide Quests from the Totem, and anyone on the Founders Island can find peace in the idea that PvP does not belong there.

So to sum up, Founders Island is a 'New player' starting point, Its a trading, meeting and questing place. With the added bonus of it been a safe haven to all.

Since there is now a place for peace and trading, which is good, do you think of disabling the SafeZones. I know the Dev talked about a option but we got in xsyon now gates and all the stuff you need for defense(gates,walls)+a safe backup zone....so its time now to turn the moff

GuideRaguel
01-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Since there is now a place for peace and trading, which is good, do you think of disabling the SafeZones. I know the Dev talked about a option but we got in xsyon now gates and all the stuff you need for defense(gates,walls)+a safe backup zone....so its time now to turn the moff

I think the best thing to do is wait and see what the Devs announce in the next week or 2.
Totem Decay is on its way, and with it some interesting developments for PvP.
I can't say anymore than that, I probably shouldn't of even said anything. :)

Niburu
01-06-2012, 01:17 PM
I think the best thing to do is wait and see what the Devs announce in the next week or 2.
Totem Decay is on its way, and with it some interesting developments for PvP.
I can't say anymore than that, I probably shouldn't of even said anything. :)

you only do that because you know 10000000000000s of people are looking here every day to get information on that topic to jump again on the last hope for sandbox ^^:cool:
very mean of you i have to say :)

eric
01-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Not so negative Niburu, maybe the devs will announce in 2 weeks that carts will be in game 'soon' (final testing, tweaking them etc).

Wow.. totem decay is on the way.. that made my day.. I was really looking forward to that.. finally some reason to grind all day..

And interesting developments for pvp? Maybe that means another round of 6 months getting it 'right'. Can't wait for it!

But I fear it will be yet another disappointment and a hollow statement. Hmm.. maybe you weren't negative at all Niburu, just realistic :)

NorCalGooey
01-07-2012, 04:08 PM
I've always been a firm believer that the devs want to have real PvP and territory warfare in the game, it's just they can't put the cart before the horse so to speak.

If territory control was implemented before many things are ready and balanced, things may actually be worse off because the politics would have truly started and then any changes made to economics or something would drastically interfere with the politics and you would have many tribes complaining about changes that had an impact on the politics.

IMO they need skill decay, skill soft caps, death penalties, death from food/water, carts, mounts and faster decay on tools and especially weapons and armor, and siege mechanics (at the very least allow us to knock down walls with weapons, although that is unrealistic), then the system would be ready for territory warfare.

Archery, spears and two handers wouldn't hurt either.

Niburu
01-07-2012, 04:51 PM
i wasn't negativ at all, more excited what will be announced. I'am happy with the improvements they do. It's fast and good.

And the poster above me exactly touched the points that are missing...

NorCalGooey
01-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Not to mention it wouldn't really be fair to turn on territory warfare with this low of a population. Zerging would be way too easy.

On the other hand maybe turning it on would bring the other big PvP tribes who quit in March/April back to stop the zerg tribe. I personally think it would.

Niburu
01-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Not to mention it wouldn't really be fair to turn on territory warfare with this low of a population. Zerging would be way too easy.

On the other hand maybe turning it on would bring the other big PvP tribes who quit in March/April back to stop the zerg tribe. I personally think it would.

If its done right and not like the release lag combat ( which changed i know, pretty good atm) TONS of people would return since it gives all the crafting and building a meaning. Fighting for ressources, offer and demand.....and only very few games offer a real sandbox world like Xsyon.

Garrett
02-04-2012, 12:43 AM
I've always been a firm believer that the devs want to have real PvP and territory warfare in the game, it's just they can't put the cart before the horse so to speak.

If territory control was implemented before many things are ready and balanced, things may actually be worse off because the politics would have truly started and then any changes made to economics or something would drastically interfere with the politics and you would have many tribes complaining about changes that had an impact on the politics.

IMO they need skill decay, skill soft caps, death penalties, death from food/water, carts, mounts and faster decay on tools and especially weapons and armor, and siege mechanics (at the very least allow us to knock down walls with weapons, although that is unrealistic), then the system would be ready for territory warfare.

Archery, spears and two handers wouldn't hurt either.

Voice of reason^^

aliksteel
02-08-2012, 07:30 AM
I would think one of the big things that would have to be tested is the walls and gates HP. How many HP does this gate or wall have, To little HP and what is the point of having walls and gates. To much HP and you will need to hire every tribe in the game to help you knock it down. And that's just one little part of it. I think territory warfare is a long way off.

Think the game has come a very long way, But it still has a long way to go

Niburu
02-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Territoy warfare should only apply for expansion totems....otherwise it would be to annoying to lose stuff that you build for 1 year.

However before we think about that we need proper open PVP rules and better combat and more diversity in roles so that pure fighters can't live without crafters

MrDDT
02-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Territoy warfare should only apply for expansion totems....otherwise it would be to annoying to lose stuff that you build for 1 year.

However before we think about that we need proper open PVP rules and better combat and more diversity in roles so that pure fighters can't live without crafters

Yeah, IMO that idea is a great one, but SOOOO long off. Combat balancing, rules, good vs evil, death punishments, looting rides (priv bins/carts) etc all need to be well worked out before even thinking of that that.
Then moving to wall strength, repairing, how to siege, siege weapons etc. Can all start being thought about.