PDA

View Full Version : Can we have an official poll for PVE and PVP serve

znaiika
02-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Voters should be private.
The poll should be active for a year or more, so when new players stop by they could vote too and leave comments.
Only people who are registered? could only vote to avoid multiple votes, either former players or current players.
This way we will see what majority of players think about.
PVE server with optional PVP by flagging.
PVP server open world PVP no safe areas.

banden
02-29-2012, 09:30 AM
You can make polls on the forums.

Jadzia
02-29-2012, 09:38 AM
You can make polls on the forums.

No, you can't.

banden
02-29-2012, 09:40 AM
No, you can't.

Good point, I did not know.

Hodo
02-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Cant figure out the SEARCH function.

Here is what I got with a simple search using these words, "PVE PVP Poll".

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/search.php?searchid=437229

To damned easy.

You wont let this drop will you? All because your bitchfest post got locked now your trying to do a poll. Come on, really just move on already and go play Hello Kitty Online with the other little girls.

znaiika
02-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Cant figure out the SEARCH function.

Here is what I got with a simple search using these words, "PVE PVP Poll".

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/search.php?searchid=437229

Your link leads to no where, please check your link again.

And please someone from Devs give him a warning or something before this go out of hand, it's time to stop rudeness of this person.

Jadzia
02-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Only people who are registered? could only vote to avoid multiple votes, either former players or current players.
To get the opinion of the majority of the former and current players a forum poll is not really efficient. Only a small part of the players visit the forum. If the devs are really considering starting 2 different servers anytime soon (which I doubt, although it would be a good idea by the time they start to advertise the game again) they should make a poll through email, by asking everyone who has ever bought the game.

Something like this:

Q1: Would you consider to come back to the game if there was a separated PvE server with optional (flagged) PvP ?
Q2: Would you consider to to come back to the game if there was a separated PvP server without safe zones or safe zones only for new players to get started ?
Q3: Do you prefer the current setup, safe zones for tribe lands and FFA PvP outside ?

banden
02-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Lol, those questions are pretty biased there Jadzia... really? Is that the best you can do?

These discussions are pointless and a poll would be equally pointless, dont you think these issues have been discussed and properly flogged to death several times allready on these forums? Do you really think those made a difference? Do you really think another poll, another discussion would make any difference? These changes are (as ihve said time and time again) not the result of some vocal minority of PVPers, they are the result of the devs doing what they think is best, because thats the kind of game they want to make. If you cant cope with that, then you should find yourself a different game.

Jadzia
02-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Lol, those questions are pretty biased there Jadzia... really? Is that the best you can do?
Lol why are they biased ? And I'm not married to these questions, if you have a better worded one go ahead and let us know.

These discussions are pointless and a poll would be equally pointless, dont you think these issues have been discussed and properly flogged to death several times allready on these forums? Do you really think those made a difference? Do you really think another poll, another discussion would make any difference? These changes are (as ihve said time and time again) not the result of some vocal minority of PVPers, they are the result of the devs doing what they think is best, because thats the kind of game they want to make. If you cant cope with that, then you should find yourself a different game.
Actually no, the devs have never asked this from the playerbase. There was a lot of polls about the safe zones, but not about separated servers.
A poll like that and the result can only make difference if the devs actually do have intention to start 2 servers. Otherwise its just waste of time and words.

banden
02-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Lol why are they biased ? And I'm not married to these questions, if you have a better worded one go ahead and let us know.

Actually no, the devs have never asked this from the playerbase. There was a lot of polls about the safe zones, but not about separated servers.
A poll like that and the result can only make difference if the devs actually do have intention to start 2 servers. Otherwise its just waste of time and words.

Will you have PVE server in the near future? I don't mind to start over with a new character.
We don't have any plans for this right now.

Thats from the Q&A of the week, znaiikas question actually.

Noone is going to agree with Q3 obviously, because the currently system is incomplete. Alignements have not been implimented yet. So people would be forced to either go with Q1 or Q2 depending on what they prefer, PVE or PVP. I dont get why you are so hot on seperate servers, if I understand correctly the alignement system will be a lot more flexible. With 2 servers you are slicing up an allready low population and forcing players to decide, between PVE or PVP, guys... when will understand that most people prefer a little of each? Its not black and white.

Seperate servers are not on the table, making discussions and polls is pointless.

znaiika
02-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Thats from the Q&A of the week, znaiikas question actually.

""We don't have any plans for this right now.""
^^^
That dose not say that they don't want it either, they didn't planed it yet.
Poll should resolve that.

Hodo
02-29-2012, 12:37 PM
This discussion is....

http://www.necro-equine-sadism.com/beating-a-dead-horse.jpg

That is all.

MrDDT
02-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Voters should be private.
The poll should be active for a year or more, so when new players stop by they could vote too and leave comments.
PVE server with optional PVP by flagging.
PVP server open world PVP no safe areas.

I dont think this is a good list of choices.

Can we get the list if they were to do it.

PVE server with optional PVP by flagging. (Flagging = Duels type flagging)
PVE server with optional PVP by flagging. (Flagging = Duels type flagging) or by very limited areas (PVP zone or 2)
FFA PVP server with optional contested totems. (Like we have not, safe areas but mostly FFA PVP)
PVP server open world PVP no safe areas. (Only safe area would be newbie spawn point of founders Isle)

Something like that would be better. Your choices dont really reflect what most people want IMO, those 2 choices are not all that good, middle choices are where most of the people would be IMO.

znaiika
02-29-2012, 01:38 PM
1: PVE server with optional PVP by flagging. (Flagging = Duels type flagging)
2: PVE server with optional PVP by flagging. (Flagging = Duels type flagging) or by very limited areas (PVP zone or 2)
3: FFA PVP server with optional contested totems. (Like we have not, safe areas but mostly FFA PVP)
4: PVP server open world PVP no safe areas. (Only safe area would be newbie spawn point of founders Isle)

just want to add.
#2 PVE server with optional PVP by flagging. (Flagging = Duels type flagging) and some limited areas (PVP zones with rare resources) something worth fighting for, that the risk could be rewarded.
Good points, I am always open for other opinions if they'r friendly.

Jadzia
02-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Can we get the list if they were to do it.

PVE server with optional PVP by flagging. (Flagging = Duels type flagging)
PVE server with optional PVP by flagging. (Flagging = Duels type flagging) or by very limited areas (PVP zone or 2)
FFA PVP server with optional contested totems. (Like we have not, safe areas but mostly FFA PVP)
PVP server open world PVP no safe areas. (Only safe area would be newbie spawn point of founders Isle)

That's a good list.

banden
03-01-2012, 11:55 AM
That is correct, in order to decide they created forum, to hear what people think is best for the game, and then they polish all ideas, only then they release patches/mods.
Again ""FORUM" is for majority not minority of people.
And poll is one of the means to see what people want/think without flaming wars as you are creating.
If guides don't do something about your attitude it will get out of hand.
If you are such a smart person? as you claim to be? then give me a better option, I am willing to hear your idea.
And don't forget this is suggestion area, so take your arguments to the forum area.

This is my suggestion to you.

If you sit down and learn the game before you start making suggestions and read about what the developers want to implement and what kind of game they want. If you start understanding what this game is about rather than preaching what it should be. If you start making reasonable and logical arguements and back it up with actual knowledge on how the game mechanics work. If you accept that someone who has played this game 10 times more than you have might know a little more about it than you do.

Then we will listen, we will argue with you in a decent manner.

If you keep up what you are doing, we will continue to be insulting, unpleasant and nasty towards you. That is my suggestion to you.

You can also stop posting, that works aswell. :)

Jadzia
03-01-2012, 12:38 PM
banden, I wonder if you know what the developers want to implement and what kind of game they want. I've read every single letter Xsyon ever wrote on this board, and I'm still not sure. So you think you know ? Share with us, please. What kind of alignment system they want ? Will there be/what will be the punishment for evil acts ? Did you know that they plan a game where anyone who doesn't want to take part in PvP is supposed to be able to get away from a fight ?

I'm pretty sure that I know 10 times more about the game than you do. Still I treat you with respect and never with insults. Anyone (no matter how long he has been here) deserves the same. This elitist attitude of yours doesn't help the game nor the community.

banden
03-01-2012, 01:12 PM
No I have no idea what the devs want to impliement Jadzia, did I say that? I dont think so. I have a general picture of course but beyond that I just dont know, if what I think they want to impliement is not what they actually want to impliement then I dont have a problem with that, because its very likely that they know better than me and you. I dont go about preaching on the forums what I think they should do. I make suggestions, they can take it or leave it. I dont presume that every stupid idea I get is the best way to do it. Znaiika started posting what, less than a month ago? (and what a month) It seems obvious that it is also the full stretch of his time in game, it seems obvious from his posts that he doesnt know enough of the game to argue what is best. He assumes an aweful lot about anyone who disagrees with him and his arguements often make no sense. He presumes to know what the majority of players in Xsyon wants, he presumes to know why they quit the game. He presumes an AWEFUL lot. He wants to "POLL" to show what the majority of players want and he wants the devs to do what that majority wants, damn what they have planned.

You and me see things differently Jadzia but I dont have a problem with you (until you started whiteknighting for a turnip), because you argue your case properly, Ihve had long discussions with you before and I never insulted you but when I am confronted with this... tirade, I get pretty pissed, because I despise people like that. He can have his say, but that doesnt stop me from shooting down his ill concieved crap.

znaiika
03-01-2012, 01:56 PM
I make suggestions, they can take it or leave it. I dont presume that every stupid idea I get is the best way to do it.

At least you're honest here.
I do have suggestions, I don't expect to solve them by my self, so I call for majority of people, most of them don't want to take arguments on to the forums to escape people like you, so a poll is a good way to hear their voice/opinion.
After arguments on forums developers should make a poll and have it for some time to see what people want and then make changes, otherwise why bother with forums anyway.
banden? I do think that you violate the terms of agreement by insulting people, instead of peaceful discussions, I am surprised that Guides don't do anything about it.

Jadzia
03-01-2012, 02:00 PM
This thread is about a poll of server options. The first thing Xsyon said 2 years ago was that he would consider starting a safer server if there was a demand for it. Znaiika is expressing his own demand and asking the devs to measure if there is a bigger demand for that. That is a legal question.

It's up to the devs to consider if the monetary situation, population and market allows or requires 2 different servers. I really doubt that they would opt for 2 servers right now, but still, everyone has the right to ask otherwise how would the devs know that there is a demand ?

Hodo
03-01-2012, 02:03 PM
You and me see things differently Jadzia but I dont have a problem with you (until you started whiteknighting for a turnip), because you argue your case properly, Ihve had long discussions with you before and I never insulted you but when I am confronted with this... tirade, I get pretty pissed, because I despise people like that. He can have his say, but that doesnt stop me from shooting down his ill concieved crap.

Jadzia is cool to me, and I can tolerate the protecting the "turnip". I have been lurking since the beginning, and I have a rough idea of what the developer wants. He wants a game not unlike Wurm Online, just not as fantasy as Wurm Online, with twitch based combat, not tab based, he wants a game with few rules or handholding, but with unlimited playability. A true sandbox. He stated a long time ago he didnt want guns, but some of the concept art has guns in them.

I like to think of the game like... a frontier building game.

znaiika
03-01-2012, 02:10 PM
This thread is about a poll of server options. The first thing Xsyon said 2 years ago was that he would consider starting a safer server if there was a demand for it. Znaiika is expressing his own demand and asking the devs to measure if there is a bigger demand for that. That is a legal question.

It's up to the devs to consider if the monetary situation, population and market allows or requires 2 different servers. I really doubt that they would opt for 2 servers right now, but still, everyone has the right to ask otherwise how would the devs know that there is a demand ?

Only you can understand that Jadzia, I hope developers have that same understanding.

banden
03-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Except seperate servers are not on the table right now, Jordi allready stated that. So we can poll and we can discuss, but it really is pointless.

I just love that all this pointless discussing revolves around seperate servers, what about alignements? Noones even asked about that, znaiika obviously only asks about stuff he understands and seen in other games like flagging or seperate servers, that he wants impliemented in Xsyon, so thats really a non-starter. I suggested in a different thread that neutrals could be PVP disabled, but what you are on the fence about is seperate servers. Good god. If you are going to suggest a safe PVE feature why not suggest it within the planned game design instead of yapping on about a safe PVE feature which is not being considered. Oh, I forgot... because you dont like the idea of the game rewarding PVPers for the increased risk. You want it all! Bah, if you cant compromise, then I cant care about your petty little issues. You are trying to fit a square block into the round hole and you are wondering why people think you are so wrong. So Im done, Ihve added znaiika to my ignore list. Its been a real displeasure. :)

znaiika
03-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Oh, I forgot... because you dont like the idea of the game rewarding PVPers for the increased risk.

I can agree with this "" PVE server with optional PVP by flagging. (Flagging = Duels type flagging) and some limited areas (PVP zones with rare resources) something worth fighting for, that the risk could be rewarded.""
those zones would really become hot spots for PVPers and easier to control, unlike controlling a whole world without any means.
There is no point to control a whole world by PVPers, you won't even know where the action is, except camping scrap yards for a hope that new player stop by to pick on him.
If you have few zones that have rare resources? that would worth holding and fighting for that zone, all zones should have different type of rare resource.
Rare resources should be also available in the world but at much much much less chance of discovering them.
So then it would make sense of ""risk vs reward"". and all play style would have their game play how they see fit.
I am also a PVPer the combat is not ready yet for me to PVP.

MrDDT
03-01-2012, 03:45 PM
I can agree with this "" PVE server with optional PVP by flagging. (Flagging = Duels type flagging) and some limited areas (PVP zones with rare resources) something worth fighting for, that the risk could be rewarded.""
those zones would really become hot spots for PVPers and easier to control, unlike controlling a whole world without any means.
There is no point to control a whole world by PVPers, you won't even know where the action is, except camping scrap yards for a hope that new player stop by to pick on him.
If you have few zones that have rare resources? that would worth holding and fighting for that zone, all zones should have different type of rare resource.
Rare resources should be also available in the world but at much much much less chance of discovering them.
So then it would make sense of ""risk vs reward"". and all play style would have their game play how they see fit.
I am also a PVPer the combat is not ready yet for me to PVP.

Are we debating PVP vs PVE servers again or a talking about a pole to ask? Because you are going back onto the topic that was locked before.

znaiika
03-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Are we debating PVP vs PVE servers again or a talking about a pole to ask? Because you are going back onto the topic that was locked before.

I was answering benden's concern for rewarding PVPers.
And it is still one of the options for a poll.

MrDDT
03-01-2012, 04:13 PM
My point is you can debate the questions in the poll all day long. That's the problem with polls. They are very rarely wrote well enough on the questions/answers to get the people focused down to what you need to answer.

Dubanka
03-01-2012, 07:32 PM
good to see that some things don't change.

Grushenko
03-01-2012, 08:09 PM
As Banden said, why two servers instead of one server with a better population and a meaningful gameplay? Two servers can be avoided easily with two zones. A pve zone, maybe the actual one, with similar rules as we have now and no full loot; here you can find materials only up to high quality, with those material you can't craft stuff to full durability. In the pvp zone you can find better resources to craft stuff at full durability. Maybe rare patterns can be scavenged in the pvp area or whatever else sounds nice. In this pvp area is possible to siege, safe zones are off, there's obviously full loot, and so on.

This is the first thing that come up to my mind on how the two playstile can cohabit in the same map and same server. No risks: you can be a master crafter but with poor resources. Riks: you can be a master crafter (or kill people to take stuff), you have plenty of resurces and you can lose everything anytime. Cooperation: a pvp gather (or loot) some good bones and bring them to the crafter in cedarrat (if he can survive the travel) to have them turned into an helmet. The pvper don't want to make the travel? Good, player X will do it for 5000 nails or some dollars. Or maybe the tribe Y, settled near the border of the two zones, started to act as a trading hub, they already have the helmet, just give them the bones and a little extra.

Now, why should we drop those possibilities for two servers with two different populations and mutilated gameplay? I think most of us are on this game not just for the pvp, or just the village building, or just the wandering mobs, or just to get sick in the green mist. I think most of us are here for the whole package, for the only sandbox who can provide tons of sand instead of just a box. And i guess that for this sand to be shaped, we need people, people with different vision and different tastes.

MrDDT
03-01-2012, 09:11 PM
As Banden said, why two servers instead of one server with a better population and a meaningful gameplay? Two servers can be avoided easily with two zones. A pve zone, maybe the actual one, with similar rules as we have now and no full loot; here you can find materials only up to high quality, with those material you can't craft stuff to full durability. In the pvp zone you can find better resources to craft stuff at full durability. Maybe rare patterns can be scavenged in the pvp area or whatever else sounds nice. In this pvp area is possible to siege, safe zones are off, there's obviously full loot, and so on.

This is the first thing that come up to my mind on how the two playstile can cohabit in the same map and same server. No risks: you can be a master crafter but with poor resources. Riks: you can be a master crafter (or kill people to take stuff), you have plenty of resurces and you can lose everything anytime. Cooperation: a pvp gather (or loot) some good bones and bring them to the crafter in cedarrat (if he can survive the travel) to have them turned into an helmet. The pvper don't want to make the travel? Good, player X will do it for 5000 nails or some dollars. Or maybe the tribe Y, settled near the border of the two zones, started to act as a trading hub, they already have the helmet, just give them the bones and a little extra.

Now, why should we drop those possibilities for two servers with two different populations and mutilated gameplay? I think most of us are on this game not just for the pvp, or just the village building, or just the wandering mobs, or just to get sick in the green mist. I think most of us are here for the whole package, for the only sandbox who can provide tons of sand instead of just a box. And i guess that for this sand to be shaped, we need people, people with different vision and different tastes.

Well said. Been saying this for years.

znaiika
03-02-2012, 03:48 AM

Well: PVPers could craft highest durability of weapons and armor, and if implemented? siege weapons, PVEers can do highest quality and durability on building things, like tools, carts, containers, architecture, better bones of the animals, better quality from scavenging, and foraging, after all, all that is a PVE content.
Then PVPers could trade with PVEers, combat for non combat, and hire PVEers to build their forts and to scavenge for better quality resources.
To have both PVE and PVP separated on one server? would not be a bad choice/idea, but it has to be done right.
By the way: in reality soldiers/combatants can't do any of the quality nor durability nor performance, everything is made by peaceful population and then delivered to combat zones, what soldiers do best? is fighting, and that is about it, they can't craft, nor build, nor mining.

fotuenti
03-02-2012, 07:32 AM
By the way: in reality soldiers/combatants can't do any of the quality nor durability nor performance, everything is made by peaceful population and then delivered to combat zones, what soldiers do best? is fighting, and that is about it, they can't craft, nor build, nor mining.

i guess the army corp of engineers are just suckers then?

znaiika
03-02-2012, 08:44 AM
i guess the army corp of engineers are just suckers then?

You can't say that "corp of engineers" are full time professional combatants, can you?
And on the battle field you can't do quality either, I mean, no time for quality nor durability.

Jadzia
03-02-2012, 09:32 AM

This has been suggested many times by many of us.
There are 2 problems though:

1. everyone who likes the idea of 2 separated zones has a different image of the implementation. ( I personally don't like some points you described).

2. Our hardcore PvP players refused the idea totally.

fotuenti
03-02-2012, 10:10 AM
You can't say that "corp of engineers" are full time professional combatants, can you?
And on the battle field you can't do quality either, I mean, no time for quality nor durability.

i respectfully disagree

znaiika
03-02-2012, 10:34 AM
I have some additional propositions to discuss on poll and how it should be displayed.
Have all options available to checkout separated not combined and let people choose what they think and what options are best to fit their play style, and based on most votes developers should be able to decide how to mod/develop Xsyon.
Each option should have explanation and a check box next to it, don't limit on how many option one can choose.

MrDDT
03-02-2012, 11:00 AM
I have some additional propositions to discuss on poll and how it should be displayed.
Have all options available to checkout separated not combined and let people choose what they think and what options are best to fit their play style, and based on most votes developers should be able to decide how to mod/develop Xsyon.
Each option should have explanation and a check box next to it, don't limit on how many option one can choose.

I think they should do like most games do. They look for ideas from the population. Talk about those ideas between each other (Devs at like a round table meeting), then choose what is best from there. Adding to, or removing their own ideas based on how hard, time, cost, etc would need to be done.

Listening to the mass of people voting is not the best idea. Polls only show part of the data, mostly how well received something will be.

2. Our hardcore PvP players refused the idea totally.

Jadzia huh??

Jadzia
03-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Jadzia huh??
You don't remember again...just ask Dubanka how much he would like an idea like that. He listed several reasons why it wouldn't work.

MrDDT
03-02-2012, 11:27 AM
You don't remember again...just ask Dubanka how much he would like an idea like that. He listed several reasons why it wouldn't work.

Um ok. Lets let the "hardcore" pvpers post then.

znaiika
03-02-2012, 11:49 AM
I think they should do like most games do. They look for ideas from the population. Talk about those ideas between each other (Devs at like a round table meeting), then choose what is best from there. Adding to, or removing their own ideas based on how hard, time, cost, etc would need to be done.

Listening to the mass of people voting is not the best idea. Polls only show part of the data, mostly how well received something will be.

If talks like we have now? PVPers don't even let anyone else's ideas to be excepted just their own, creating wars and refusals.
You know that many don't want PVP drama?

MrDDT
03-02-2012, 12:10 PM
If talks like we have now? PVPers don't even let anyone else's ideas to be excepted just their own, creating wars and refusals.
You know that many don't want PVP drama?

I'm not talking about you talking Im talking about the devs talking. You give ideas, they read it. They talk amongst themselves, and come up with what they want to do. That's a normal thing to do with dev's.
The devs would also be made up of many types of views of play-styles. If they only had 1 view of the play-style they wanted, they wouldn't need PVE or PVPers input because they would be on the same page.

I dont see how PVPer's dont let anyone's else's ideas. If you have flawed or bad ideas, people will point that out. In a debate you need to bring facts, and opinions. You dont just bring opinions and hope people accept them.
Right now, you are not making much sense because you keep bringing your opinion in, and have no data or facts to support it. Thus your reasoning isnt being shown. You could have a good idea without reasoning and it wont be accepted because people dont know the reason yet.
Also you are ignorant (not meaning in a degrading way just means you lack knowledge) of a lot of things going on in game, and on the testing/dev side of things. I am also in many ways just less than you as Ive been around for a while.

The topic is about polls of the PVE vs PVP server. This dead horse has been beat many times. You should read the other threads on it. Xsyon himself posted many times on them its really clear what he was saying.

Your version of PVE, isnt even one of his options.

znaiika
03-02-2012, 12:39 PM
1: I'm not talking about you talking Im talking about the devs talking. You give ideas, they read it. They talk amongst themselves, and come up with what they want to do. That's a normal thing to do with dev's.
2: Your version of PVE, isnt even one of his options.

1: OK I understand that.
2: I am not saying Xsyon should change to PVE version only.
3: I am simply saying to have as many options as possible, then let those options out on a poll and see what people think of those options, then make a decision on what is best, and which version will bring more income based on how many players willing to spend their money, knowing that they would have maximum entertainment for the money and time they spend.

And I don't know if Xsyon want PVP or PVE or mixed.
But I can tell this, Xsyon was created to generate income, to have income you have to have as many supporters as possible, it is in best interest for Xsyon to know what most people want.

Hodo
03-02-2012, 06:20 PM
i respectfully disagree

I have to agree with you here.

I have no clue what Znaiika gets his information from.

He has never obviously studied the Roman Legions, the largest group of "combat engineers" in history. They were soldiers first, engineers second. They were responsible for most of the roads in Europe up until the dark ages. They built a fort around a besieged city, that THEY were laying siege to because the cities allies were coming to break the siege. They did this in less than a month. They also built two walls across lower Scottland, Hadrian's Wall and Antonine Wall further to the north. Hadrians wall is 120km long, and Antonines wall is 63km long. Both were over 10ft tall, and Hadrians wall took 6 years to build, and Antonines took 12.

So cant say they build quality, because Hadrians wall still has sections that are standing TO THIS DAMNED DAY!

You can do quality, you HAVE to do quality on the battlefield, take it from someone who has been on one, ME. If you half-ass something, you will die, so you dont half ass anything on the battlefield.

Znaiika, please stop talking out your ass, and just give it up already and go to Hello Kitty Online or WoW and leave us alone.

MrDDT
03-02-2012, 07:26 PM
1: OK I understand that.
2: I am not saying Xsyon should change to PVE version only.
3: I am simply saying to have as many options as possible, then let those options out on a poll and see what people think of those options, then make a decision on what is best, and which version will bring more income based on how many players willing to spend their money, knowing that they would have maximum entertainment for the money and time they spend.

And I don't know if Xsyon want PVP or PVE or mixed.
But I can tell this, Xsyon was created to generate income, to have income you have to have as many supporters as possible, it is in best interest for Xsyon to know what most people want.

That's right you dont know. Because you have not been around, Xsyon has ALWAYS said he wants a mixed server. PVE only server isnt an option. FFA PVP server is the ONLY option. The options are FFA PVP with safe zones, or FFA PVP with no safe zones.

You keep going with "what most people want" who cares about "most people" you need to what Xsyon himself has said MANY MANY times. Which is a mixed server. PVP but with punishments. He wants some evils but not a ton of people out there being all evil and little good/neutral.

This has been said already like 10 threads with 100s of posts. This is why we have the server choice we have now, you should read up a bit more of what was posted and these topics and maybe you will understand more. Then try playing the game more and learn how to play it, it helps to give you understanding and perspective.

znaiika
03-03-2012, 04:23 AM
My actual point guys is!!!
If limiting someone to do only some things? like: limiting people to crafting, limiting people to have their voice, limiting people to be free and go out anywhere they want without fear of being jumped, etc.etc.etc. is never a good idea.
As much as you don't like if someone tell you "you can't craft what you want"? same someone else don't like it if you tell him "you can't have freedom to do what you want or where you can go or what you can craft".
Everything is supposed to be possible for solo player as well, it should only take longer to gather resources and things like that.

MrDDT.
You keep on saying same thing over and over, it's clear that you don't want unwanted players in the game.

Hodo
03-03-2012, 08:47 AM
If limiting someone to do only some things? like: limiting people to crafting, limiting people to have their voice, limiting people to be free and go out anywhere they want without fear of being jumped, etc.etc.etc. is never a good idea.
As much as you don't like if someone tell you "you can't craft what you want"? same someone else don't like it if you tell him "you can't have freedom to do what you want or where you can go or what you can craft".
Everything is supposed to be possible for solo player as well, it should only take longer to gather resources and things like that.

MrDDT.
You keep on saying same thing over and over, it's clear that you don't want unwanted players in the game.

So what you want, is A Tale in the Desert?

Because that has all those things you want.

Or Wurm Online.

So how about you go there.

Grushenko
03-03-2012, 08:52 AM

Not this, please... I know that everyone want to play the game as they like. But let any single player able to be self sufficient can kill any game. Look at Darkfall, everybody can craft everything, can fight in any style they like. It ended in no commerce at all (apart a little buch of items like rare ores and taints of khamset) where the more you play the more you win. We already have this situation in Xsyon, a single player can be a master bonecrafter, build his own fortress, craft his vhq blade and so on. The result is that everyone is in theyr homestead/tribe with no need to go around exploring and the game feels more empity than it actual is.
I think we need, and soon, a skill decay/cap/anything to put diversity in game. A master leathercrafter shouldn't be able to be a master toolcrafter as well. If he needs any tool to craft an armor he can join a tribe or trade with other players. And honestly, i would love something arsher. A master leatercrafter should craft just one high set and to learn his set he should forget how to craft, for example, leater straps (at least of good quality). In this way you have 2 sub professions in leathercraft: the one to craft armor and the one to model raw leather, both valuable profession. Or a third one, the leatercrafter who can do both but limited to middle class armors (still a good choice since he can sell to new players). But really, i know that this last idea can be too much for the majority of players.
But, back on topic, let people be self sufficient can kill the game in few months. And from what i remeber devs are against this possibility (expecially the killing one i guess :P ).

And about the two servers/two areas, mine was not a solution. If it was that easy to solve the problem we were not talking about that now :)

Hodo
03-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Not this, please... I know that everyone want to play the game as they like. But let any single player able to be self sufficient can kill any game. Look at Darkfall, everybody can craft everything, can fight in any style they like. It ended in no commerce at all (apart a little buch of items like rare ores and taints of khamset) where the more you play the more you win. We already have this situation in Xsyon, a single player can be a master bonecrafter, build his own fortress, craft his vhq blade and so on. The result is that everyone is in theyr homestead/tribe with no need to go around exploring and the game feels more empity than it actual is.
I think we need, and soon, a skill decay/cap/anything to put diversity in game. A master leathercrafter shouldn't be able to be a master toolcrafter as well. If he needs any tool to craft an armor he can join a tribe or trade with other players. And honestly, i would love something arsher. A master leatercrafter should craft just one high set and to learn his set he should forget how to craft, for example, leater straps (at least of good quality). In this way you have 2 sub professions in leathercraft: the one to craft armor and the one to model raw leather, both valuable profession. Or a third one, the leatercrafter who can do both but limited to middle class armors (still a good choice since he can sell to new players). But really, i know that this last idea can be too much for the majority of players.
But, back on topic, let people be self sufficient can kill the game in few months. And from what i remeber devs are against this possibility (expecially the killing one i guess :P ).

And about the two servers/two areas, mine was not a solution. If it was that easy to solve the problem we were not talking about that now :)

Or follow the old Roma Victor system.

Your intelligence is your cap for your skills, the lower your intelligence the less skills you can have in the 90s. It balances out nicely and gives the intelligence stat something to do other than be a dump stat.

Willowhawk
03-03-2012, 10:57 AM
You know that many don't want PVP drama? It's a PVP game!

But, back on topic, let people be self sufficient can kill the game in few months. And from what i remeber devs are against this possibility (expecially the killing one i guess :P

I agree 100%

Znaiika I have an idea for you. Go to the suggestions forum, make suggestions and then let it go. This is what reasonable adults do. If it requires a second post to clarify a point then do that. However just because you keep repeating the same thing over and over doesn't mean it is going to happen and it makes you sound like a spoiled adolescent. I personally would quite Xsyon if some of these things you suggest were to happen.

Personally I love the game as is and I love the direction it is going. So far I have not been killed ONCE by another player in 10 months and you want more safety? Sorry but you talk about this stuff as if you have some great experience in XSYON and you do NOT!

There ARE safe zones for PVE crafting exc, Tribal lands. As YOU suggested, if you need some things then buy them from someone who has enough stones to go out into the scary world and get them.

znaiika
03-03-2012, 12:06 PM

Is this has to change to fit your style?
Stated in features.
""Everyone is a hero in Xsyon. Your character begins with decent base statistics but is unskilled an untrained. In time your character will gain knowledge and develop the crafts and skills to flourish in this new world.""

In case you didn't read this?
Xsyon is Flexible:

As a player, explorer and settler of this new virtual world you have many choices. You can play as a warrior, a trader, a crafter, or a cultivator of crops. You can specialize your skills or become a jack of all trades. You can play as a clan leader or town offical, socially involved with many other players, or you can explore the world as a lone adventurer. Xsyon is a game for all kinds of players from casual to hard core. The path you take is up to you.

@Willowhawk. I am not afraid of PVP. Where do you guys read or seen my post where I said that someone jumped me or killed me?
There are so many players willing to support this game, if game has reasonable rules, and many of those player had been chased off Xsyon by many of you.

Hodo? if you want full time PVP go back to DF.

Grushenko
03-03-2012, 12:43 PM
The red text explain properly that you can specialize your skill, so you can master one or few professions (depends on the skill decay/cap) or become a jack of all trades, so a mediocre crafter in all professions.
I should look for it, but i remeber a guide telling that the game is against a "one man army" style.

From what they used to tell, when the skill decay will be in (will be?) an hardcore player have more chances to deal with the skill decay, mastering probably more than a profession. But despite the effort he can't be self sufficient. An avrage player should master.. what, one profession? The point is: devs told that they want player interaction.

znaiika
03-03-2012, 01:28 PM
The red text explain properly that you can specialize your skill, so you can master one or few professions (depends on the skill decay/cap) or become a jack of all trades, so a mediocre crafter in all professions.
I should look for it, but i remeber a guide telling that the game is against a "one man army" style.

From what they used to tell, when the skill decay will be in (will be?) an hardcore player have more chances to deal with the skill decay, mastering probably more than a profession. But despite the effort he can't be self sufficient. An avrage player should master.. what, one profession? The point is: devs told that they want player interaction.

""You can specialize your skills or become a jack of all trades."" not skill, that makes a big difference.

MrDDT
03-03-2012, 01:31 PM

MrDDT.

Where do you get that I want to limit people to doing any of those?

I want safe zones, I want limited skill pools, and I want limited stat pools.

What I want is Solo players not to have 100 in every skill or stat. I want people to only have 100s in skills they really want to be the masters in, and the others would be low.

You are right I dont want unwanted players in the game. Cheaters, hackers, exploiters etc.

But PVE, and PVP players I would love in the game as long as they follow the rules. What I dont want is people like you opening new topics breaking the rules when they ALREADY LOCKED THIS TOPIC.

Is this has to change to fit your style?
Stated in features.
""Everyone is a hero in Xsyon. Your character begins with decent base statistics but is unskilled an untrained. In time your character will gain knowledge and develop the crafts and skills to flourish in this new world.""

In case you didn't read this?
Xsyon is Flexible:

As a player, explorer and settler of this new virtual world you have many choices. You can play as a warrior, a trader, a crafter, or a cultivator of crops. You can specialize your skills or become a jack of all trades. You can play as a clan leader or town offical, socially involved with many other players, or you can explore the world as a lone adventurer. Xsyon is a game for all kinds of players from casual to hard core. The path you take is up to you.

@Willowhawk. I am not afraid of PVP. Where do you guys read or seen my post where I said that someone jumped me or killed me?
There are so many players willing to support this game, if game has reasonable rules, and many of those player had been chased off Xsyon by many of you.

Hodo? if you want full time PVP go back to DF.

Znaiika, I think we can agree that many people willing to support the game if the game has reasonable rules. Dropping a basket and not able to allow others to take it, or open it is not reasonable.

Kegan
03-03-2012, 02:09 PM
I have not read most of the post that has been going on with this but in the end i think the reasoning behind the basket change was to eliminate all the baskets lettering up the place not to hinder anyones game play. I don't see why you can't just buy a cart and take it out with you when you scavenge that away you wont have to worry about leaving any baskets unattended.

Willowhawk
03-03-2012, 02:25 PM

Never a good idea? What you have been describing is World Of Warcraft PVE servers. Everyone is safe and if you want high level PVP junk you go fight in Battlegrounds. Theme park crap!! This is NOT a theme park game. It is a sandbox game that from the very beginning was designed to be as realistic as possible. That means NOT A THEME PARK! No special safe places, no special pvp places. A realistic world like it would be post apocalypse. Why the hell are you trying to change this?

And if you are not afraid of PVP who are you arguing for? Or are you just arguing to argue?

Please just go back to playing World of Warcraft or what ever cookie cutter theme park game you are conditioned to playing because you quite obviously do not have what it takes to enjoy a sandbox game, and you are obviously unhappy with what the rest of us thoroughly enjoy.

Hodo
03-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Here is a idea..

How about we all place Znaiika on ignore and forget he existed. I feel all he is doing is fail trolling.

znaiika
03-03-2012, 03:35 PM
1: A realistic world like it would be post apocalypse. Why the hell are you trying to change this?
2: And if you are not afraid of PVP who are you arguing for? Or are you just arguing to argue?

1: before we have PVP we should have some kind of a punishment system for those who kill non combatants.
2: those that also want to play Xsyon without forced PVP.

So, that is why I am asking for an official poll from developers, I think it's not that hard, really.
We should see what most people want, it is stated, that Xsyon is going to change with the help of players, this is their statement ""Join us now in the Prelude and help determine the future of Xsyon!""
Definition of the word ""determine""? is, to decide.
So, in order to help Xsyon, we must have all necessary tools to do it, many don't want these discussions on forums (forum wars) then poll would allow them to have their part in helping Xsyon developers by voting.
And even have a system to be able to sent memos to devs, so they could avoid forum wars.
The Xsyon is not done, when Xsyon is fully developed they should start game with new world and new characters, because people skill-up easy now and are using exploits, we are playing Xsyon as a test version of the real game.
This is a Prelude version.
I hope you people understand that.

Now Guides, you can close this thread I've said all I needed to say.

Hodo
03-03-2012, 04:35 PM

Does this mean you are leaving, and returning to WoW?

znaiika
03-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Does this mean you are leaving, and returning to WoW?

I like Xsyon, so must stay.

MrDDT
03-03-2012, 08:40 PM
1: before we have PVP we should have some kind of a punishment system for those who kill non combatants.
2: those that also want to play Xsyon without forced PVP.

So, that is why I am asking for an official poll from developers, I think it's not that hard, really.
We should see what most people want, it is stated, that Xsyon is going to change with the help of players, this is their statement ""Join us now in the Prelude and help determine the future of Xsyon!""
Definition of the word ""determine""? is, to decide.
So, in order to help Xsyon, we must have all necessary tools to do it, many don't want these discussions on forums (forum wars) then poll would allow them to have their part in helping Xsyon developers by voting.
And even have a system to be able to sent memos to devs, so they could avoid forum wars.
The Xsyon is not done, when Xsyon is fully developed they should start game with new world and new characters, because people skill-up easy now and are using exploits, we are playing Xsyon as a test version of the real game.
This is a Prelude version.
I hope you people understand that.

Znaiika, we already had a poll, it was shot down.

What does most people have to do with it? Its about what the devs want. They already answered this, AND locked your other thread.

It had already been "determined" the rules of Xsyon. Granted we are still waiting for some of the features (like good/neutral/evil alignment system) but its already laid out the path.

If you feel there are people breaking the rules, report it.

Xsyon will never be fully developed. Im sure they will have more servers once there are 10s of thousands of people playing.

Who is using exploits? You should report them. Exploiting will always happen, so having a fresh start will not stop that.

Do you even know what prelude is for? Its the build up phase to allow more aggressive things to go on.

Again read up on the game before you start tossing out bad ideas please. Answer to your topic. Polls issue was talked about many times, and it was SHUT DOWN by the devs, with good reason.

znaiika
03-04-2012, 03:10 AM
Znaiika, we already had a poll, it was shot down.

What does most people have to do with it? Its about what the devs want. They already answered this, AND locked your other thread.

It had already been "determined" the rules of Xsyon. Granted we are still waiting for some of the features (like good/neutral/evil alignment system) but its already laid out the path.

If you feel there are people breaking the rules, report it.

Xsyon will never be fully developed. Im sure they will have more servers once there are 10s of thousands of people playing.

Who is using exploits? You should report them. Exploiting will always happen, so having a fresh start will not stop that.

Do you even know what prelude is for? Its the build up phase to allow more aggressive things to go on.

Again read up on the game before you start tossing out bad ideas please. Answer to your topic. Polls issue was talked about many times, and it was SHUT DOWN by the devs, with good reason.

The other thread was closed due to personal attacks and trolls.
""Its the build up phase to allow more aggressive things to go on."" or availability for more people to play Xsyon as they like.
If they do it the right way, then 10s of thousands of people could play.

Willowhawk
03-04-2012, 07:02 AM
If they do it the right way, then 10s of thousands of people could play.

Do it right? No you mean if they make it like "World of Warcraft" Then it will appeals to the masses. Tens of thousands. Theme park cookie cutter crap! WE DON'T WANT THEME PARK CRAP! We want what we have!

If they changed this game to safe PVE zones and high reward PVP zones, where they hell would they put them? Will you turn MY zone into a safe PVE zone? I spent 10 months building my place and you want to turn it into a theme park so I would have to travel to your "Special" zone just to play the game the way it was originally designed? You would punish me and everyone else who has stayed with this game since it's inception? because you want to make it "EASY" like World of Warcrap. Hell why not add instances also and re-name it "World of Morecrap" add trolls, dwarves, elves and hey lets not forget flying mounts, every good game has flying freaking mounts!!!!!!

Azurfale
03-04-2012, 08:06 AM
I vote to remove Znaiika's forum rights, does that count for anything?

znaiika
03-04-2012, 08:55 AM
@ Willowhawk.
Or we could have two servers and you can have your world untouched, that should take care of your concern about other people that you don't want.
Then everyone happy.
It's not that hard.

Rose7683
03-04-2012, 10:24 AM
@ Willowhawk.
Or we could have two servers
Then everyone happy.
It's not that hard.

yes FHS devs make a new server so znaiika can go there and whine
and the rest of us
that did sign up for this game the way devs want/made it
can keep on having fun

FYI znaiika, here will never be any 10 k players here
and its crazy to make more then one server with the population this game has now
If one day the population rais as to what you belive,
then there will be time to rais the question about new server
but FHS stop with all this now
and you got a really good describtion how you should unsub the game so follow those instruction please

znaiika
03-04-2012, 10:38 AM
its crazy to make more then one server with the population this game has now

If developers listen to people like you? population will always be like this, since you exclude about 80% or even more of the population, just because there not who you want them to be.
Make a poll and see how many would like what.
How hard is that?

Is it legal to use different account to keep flaming wars on? I think he sound similar to this one person.

MrDDT
03-04-2012, 11:44 AM
If developers listen to people like you? population will always be like this, since you exclude about 80% or even more of the population, just because there not who you want them to be.
How hard is that?

Is it legal to use different account to keep flaming wars on? I think he sound similar to this one person.

Yes it is Znaiika, you can get banned for it.

You exclude 80% of the gamers just by saying "Sandbox" on your game. Then you exclude even more by making them do any kind of effort for getting skills/levels/building etc.

I dont know how many times I have to tell you its not about the # of people you can get playing, you need to read up on the dev's vision of the game. Trust me its not to have 1 million people playing.

znaiika
03-04-2012, 11:54 AM
"Sandbox"

You can easily have both versions of "sandbox" systems, one with full sandbox no safe zones and one safer sandbox systems with options.
That dose not prevent anyone from playing same game anyhow they like.
If you don't want safe version choose hardcore version.
See? it's not so hard after all.
And Xsyon have nice income to hire more people to keep and maintain both servers.
Then everyone is happy at the end.

schlock
03-04-2012, 12:18 PM

If you have said all you have needed to say, then STFU!
Zip your lips, open your eyes and read what others are saying. This is not the game you were hoping for. It covers a missing niche that is not available in MMO's so stop trying to suggest it be like all the other hundreds of other MMO's. Either embrace the uniqueness of this game and get on board, or quietly leave like you have said you were going to do.

Your forum antics are liken to Varuca Salt falling on her back screaming "I want it now!!!". Doesn't work like that, you said your piece, now be quite.
And don't even think this is a request for a poll thread, it's a continuation of your first thread that got closed because the good folks in this game could no longer take you... just like me at this very moment.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
Plato

MrDDT
03-04-2012, 12:26 PM
You can easily have both versions of "sandbox" systems, one with full sandbox no safe zones and one safer sandbox systems with options.
That dose not prevent anyone from playing same game anyhow they like.
If you don't want safe version choose hardcore version.
See? it's not so hard after all.
And Xsyon have nice income to hire more people to keep and maintain both servers.
Then everyone is happy at the end.

Again, Ive said this before already. THIS TOPIC WAS ALREADY DONE THEY CANT HAVE 2 SERVERS!!! Do you understand???
They already chose what they are doing, its safer sandbox with systems with options.

We get it, you dont like it great sounds like its not the game for you. You started the game with all the info of how the game was going to be, its your own fault for not understanding what the server options are, nor about the plan.

You are not happy with the plan great, come up with a new plan that fits using the guidelines you have. Read up on what the devs want, play the game. Learn what the game is like and about. THEN maybe just maybe you will have an understanding of what is going on enough to post a good idea.

Right now your idea is not good at all, doesnt work for just about anyone. You keep saying you know all these people that will play if its going to change, but its not even a factor. Its not about making everyone happy. Do you understand that? EVERYONE WILL NOT BE HAPPY WITH THIS GAME, I promise you that.

znaiika
03-04-2012, 01:58 PM
The game is not even developed, and you already know what Xsyon want?
Are you aware this is prelude?
Do you understand what this means? """Join us now in the Prelude and help determine the future of Xsyon!"""
You want to create single player game and keep it to your selves, is that it? so only few people would play.
You do realize this is MMORPG?
You want to play hardcore? you then should have your own server.
I am only asking for poll to see how many would really like PVE server with optional PVP by flagging, that is all.
If you don't want to talk to me like civilized people? then you should not respond to me.

""EVERYONE WILL NOT BE HAPPY WITH THIS GAME, I promise you that."" not, unless there are two servers, a lot more people will be happy to fund Xsyon, then just few PVPers.

How hard is to have a poll officially?

Again, Ive said this before already. THIS TOPIC WAS ALREADY DONE THEY CANT HAVE 2 SERVERS!!! Do you understand??? Can you link me to that info? where officials really said that?

Cyrianna
03-04-2012, 02:48 PM
If you don't want to talk to me like civilized people? then you should not respond to me.

I suddenly get the feeling that even if people stopped responding to you, you would only create conflict with yourself.

MrDDT
03-04-2012, 03:42 PM
The game is not even developed, and you already know what Xsyon want?
Are you aware this is prelude?
Do you understand what this means? """Join us now in the Prelude and help determine the future of Xsyon!"""
You want to create single player game and keep it to your selves, is that it? so only few people would play.
You do realize this is MMORPG?
You want to play hardcore? you then should have your own server.
I am only asking for poll to see how many would really like PVE server with optional PVP by flagging, that is all.

""EVERYONE WILL NOT BE HAPPY WITH THIS GAME, I promise you that."" not, unless there are two servers, a lot more people will be happy to fund Xsyon, then just few PVPers.

How hard is to have a poll officially?

Again, Ive said this before already. THIS TOPIC WAS ALREADY DONE THEY CANT HAVE 2 SERVERS!!! Do you understand??? Can you link me to that info? where officials really said that?

Are you aware this game is always going to be developing? Its never going to stop.
I know only what Xsyon said he wants. You should click on his profile and go read his posts.

Prelude as Xsyon has said is the buildup phase. To allow people to build up before harder things are in game. Like zombies, and more PVP conflicts.

I wouldnt play on a hardcore server as you think a hardcore server would be, in fact I dont think many would. Its a bad idea like most of the posts you say, mostly because you dont understand who is playing Xsyon, and what Xsyon is about.

How am I not talking civilized? Why dont you read the posts, THINK about them for a while, then posts your thoughts. Right now they seem not well thought out, and lacking a lot of info about what is going on.

Even if there were 4 different types of server you cant please everyone. Xsyon himself said this is a "nitch" game. Not everyone is going to like it no matter what.

I could link you the post, however, I think you need to read more than just 1 post. You should BEFORE POSTING AGAIN READ, Click on Xsyon's profile and read through his posts.

Rose7683
03-05-2012, 04:12 AM
How hard is that?

To people like me ?
FYI Im a person that usually play on PvE servers (when you have a choice)
and just becuse this game has or rather will have PvP, havnt made me stop buying it
So Im one of those 80% in population that you say will be excluded from this game (belive it or not )
and still here I am

I love this concept of game
with or without PvP
But with serverpopulation as this
I really hope non comes up with the idea to make 2 servers
couse I like to play with other people when Im on a online game
So too split the little population games like this get should be really sad

And yes its not legal to use diffrent account to keep flaming wars on
and I only got one account ...this ...but I havnt used it to post before ..so sry Im not the one you think I am

If you havnt noticed the posting you do here and the answers you get, is only going round and round

So maybe its time to close this now

znaiika
03-05-2012, 05:18 AM
I know only what Xsyon said he wants.

Or he do what some people tell him to do.
Based on what you people want and how you act? Xsyon is doomed, I am sorry but this will be the case, few PVPers upset so many players so they quit, I am sure Xsyon has feedbacks from some of them, he really should think this one over, it is in Xsyons future and best interest how many supporters he want.
So simple poll is not going to hurt anyone, it is all I ask, even if Xsyon dos not want to have two servers, still knowing what people think, is only going to help to decide what Xsyon should do for the future of this game. After all, all people have a right to vote.

Hodo
03-05-2012, 06:24 AM
Based on what you people want and how you act? Xsyon is doomed, I am sorry but this will be the case, few PVPers upset so many players so they quit, I am sure Xsyon has feedbacks from some of them, he really should think this one over, it is in Xsyons future and best interest how many supporters he want.
So simple poll is not going to hurt anyone, it is all I ask, even if Xsyon dos not want to have two servers, still knowing what people think, is only going to help to decide what Xsyon should do for the future of this game. After all, all people have a right to vote.

Do you speak English as a language or do you just post crap from babblefish?

Znaiika just quit please I cant take anymore shit filter is full.

MrDDT
03-05-2012, 06:41 AM

I know you want what you want, but really the "its not going to hurt" isnt a valid reason. Because it does hurt, first it will take his time, second it isnt really good to take polls it can give the wrong info. What really would need to be done is email sent out.

Again this topic has already been debated. So this is easy for me to just talk about what was already talked about, you really should read up on the game a bit more. Last poll I saw, was PVP was the most wanted.

Also what you call "PVPers" is relative.

znaiika
03-05-2012, 07:01 AM
I know you want what you want, but really the "its not going to hurt" isnt a valid reason. Because it does hurt, first it will take his time, second it isnt really good to take polls it can give the wrong info. What really would need to be done is email sent out.

Again this topic has already been debated. So this is easy for me to just talk about what was already talked about, you really should read up on the game a bit more. Last poll I saw, was PVP was the most wanted.

Also what you call "PVPers" is relative.

So you think this would take less time then to have a poll? To sent email to each person is going to take to much time, unlike poll. Poll would take about 4h to code and implement, the longest one day, to sent each mail to all i's customers would take month's.
And then read all those e-mail feed-backs, would take another few month.

MrDDT
03-05-2012, 07:14 AM
So you think this would take less time then to have a poll? To sent email to each person is going to take to much time, unlike poll. Poll would take about 4h to code and implement, the longest one day, to sent each mail to all i's customers would take month's.
And then read all those e-mail feed-backs, would take another few month.

Neither would take long to do, it takes a while to look over.

My point is that a poll is just bad data. Again this all has been talked about before. Few reasons are, 1) few of the people playing do polls, 2) few of the people playing read polls, 3) few of the people playing read or even look at the forums, 4) what about the people that bought the game not playing?, 5) what about the people that signed up on the forums to check the game out but never look again.
Even all your "wurm PVE" friends wouldnt even be counted in the poll.

Polls as info to base your choices on a game are just a bad idea. For many many reasons.

znaiika
03-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Neither would take long to do, it takes a while to look over.

My point is that a poll is just bad data. Again this all has been talked about before. Few reasons are, 1) few of the people playing do polls, 2) few of the people playing read polls, 3) few of the people playing read or even look at the forums, 4) what about the people that bought the game not playing?, 5) what about the people that signed up on the forums to check the game out but never look again.
Even all your "wurm PVE" friends wouldnt even be counted in the poll.

Polls as info to base your choices on a game are just a bad idea. For many many reasons.

If you add a poll tab to a game launcher and have a link to forum, if people would like to make comment that is, that would not be so hard, otherwise people would just place a check in each check box next to each option.
Then we could really see how many people would check poll out.

Willowhawk
03-05-2012, 07:46 AM
Znaiika by your calculations adding a PVE server will make any MMO succsessful. Guess what?? There are hundreds of failed MMOs out there that were PVE only and they failed Or they went Free to play. Why? Because they failed conceptually. Why can't you understand that Xsyon is uniquely different and will always be different? THAT is why it will be successful. Not because people like you want to turn it into another theme park.

You insult the Developers by telling them that they have failed because YOU believe this won't work.
Based on what you people want and how you act? Xsyon is doomed
They have been working on this for years. This is their concept and their design not ours. We simply share ideas or make suggestions like reasonable adults. The majority of players who left the game left because "Lack of content" and things to do. Xsyon is growing in popularity as more and more content comes in. Just as the developers had planned. It is Unique like no other game, and I sure hope it stays that way!

You made your suggestion now if the developers want to put out a poll they will. Or not. But alas it is clear even though the majority of the community here thinks it's a waste of the developers time, you will have the last word, even if it is the same thing you have been repeating over and over and over for freaking days on end. GET HELP MAN! :rolleyes:

znaiika
03-05-2012, 08:02 AM
Znaiika by your calculations adding a PVE server will make any MMO succsessful. Guess what?? There are hundreds of failed MMOs out there that were PVE only and they failed Or they went Free to play. Why? Because they failed conceptually. Why can't you understand that Xsyon is uniquely different and will always be different? THAT is why it will be successful. Not because people like you want to turn it into another theme park.

Where did I stated PVE server only?
For your info there are more PVP based games that are going out of business, not PVE based, I have not seen PVE based games that are going out of business, can you link me to one?

We simply share ideas or make suggestions like reasonable adults.

Like telling someone to go to another game or telling to shut-up or even telling to quit, that is really "reasonable adults" work.

coca
03-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Do you mean PVM because PVE by definition includes PVP...?!?
player versus monsters.. or maybe like pvb player versus buildings.. thats kinda fun.. kinda like darkfall self sieges you pu55y arse biotches would pull... Death to znak and all the do'nt taz me bros !!!

znaiika
03-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Do you mean PVM because PVE by definition includes PVP...?!?
player versus monsters.. or maybe like pvb player versus buildings.. thats kinda fun.. kinda like darkfall self sieges you pu55y arse biotches would pull... Death to znak and all the do'nt taz me bros !!!

Players vs environment = PVE includes following, build, scavenge, fishing, mine, everything that is interacted with environment.

Cyrianna
03-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Email sent round on 03/01/2011 specifically asked all players if they wanted a second server, this idea was shot down BY THE XSYON COMMUNITY, who at that time were mostly carebear whiney crafters just like you.

You want only to play PVE? Stay on your tribal land, send others to gather things for you, or have others come to you to trade. Beyond that, do us all a favor, get a sock, shove it in your piehole and STFU.

This has been hashed upon far too long, its not going to happen. Get used to it, get over it, or get lost.

I hope to god i never find your place in the wild, i will take the risk of being banned for camping and griefing your ass, just for the pleasure it will bring me.

znaiika
03-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Email sent round on 03/01/2011 specifically asked all players if they wanted a second server, this idea was shot down BY THE XSYON COMMUNITY, who at that time were mostly carebear whiney crafters just like you.

You want only to play PVE? Stay on your tribal land, send others to gather things for you, or have others come to you to trade. Beyond that, do us all a favor, get a sock, shove it in your piehole and STFU.

This has been hashed upon far too long, its not going to happen. Get used to it, get over it, or get lost.

I hope to god i never find your place in the wild, i will take the risk of being banned for camping and griefing your ass, just for the pleasure it will bring me.

Reasonable adult speaks.
You can camp me all you want I am not afraid of you.
Come camp me on CSS crackhouse two or sometime three most popular servers, name is Samual Merchant, playing almost everyday after Xsyon crafting.
And leave Xsyon to professionals.

Jadzia
03-05-2012, 12:56 PM

This is not correct. The survey was about saved totems, not if we wanted 2 servers.
Here are the questions:

Hello Xsyon Citizen,

This is an official survey regarding the coming final wipe of Xsyon. Please
answer yes or no to the questions below. If you have a saved totem you will
receive a second copy of this survey.

1) Are you in favor of a complete restart with no saved totems?

Yes / No.

2) If we start with two servers are you in favor of a complete restart with
no saved totems?

Yes / No.
There has never been an email poll about different servers.

MrDDT
03-05-2012, 01:11 PM
This is not correct. The survey was about saved totems, not if we wanted 2 servers.
Here are the questions:

There has never been an email poll about different servers.

Jadzia, is correct there has never been an email poll about 2 servers. Because Xsyon himself already said why. NO 2 SERVERS!

He also said if there were going to be 2 servers he would add a WAR server. We already have the "PVE" version of what Xsyon wants. Just FYI.

Hodo
03-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Reasonable adult speaks.
You can camp me all you want I am not afraid of you.
Come camp me on CSS crackhouse two or sometime three most popular servers, name is Samual Merchant, playing almost everyday after Xsyon crafting.
And leave Xsyon to professionals.

When you get good son I might worry. But as long as your playing kids games with CSS, your still a bucket of fail.

So call people out all you want on your craptastic game, its not going to get people to come over there and WTFPWN U!

So get gone, stay gone, and be gone.

znaiika
03-05-2012, 03:29 PM
When you get good son I might worry. But as long as your playing kids games with CSS, your still a bucket of fail.

So call people out all you want on your craptastic game, its not going to get people to come over there and WTFPWN U!

So get gone, stay gone, and be gone.

This gets better and better, can someone from guides clean this one up and give him warning? please, he is way off topic, and hes making personal attacks, and so dose the other.
Or no one cares?

MrDDT
03-05-2012, 03:41 PM
This gets better and better, can someone from guides clean this one up and give him warning? please, he is way off topic, and hes making personal attacks, and so dose the other.
Or no one cares?

There is a little icon to the left, you can click that if you want to send that report to the mods.

About your idea of a poll, Ive yet to see any reason other than "I want it" for a poll. We have shot you down time and time again on why they dont work, you keep coming back with "But I want it" and "It will bring lots of people"

You really should read up on the game, and stop posting about things you are ignorant about. Once you understand how things work you really should think about a good idea about what both works for YOU and the DEVs.

Saying "But all these people will play" isnt a good reason. Nor is "But I want it".

znaiika
03-05-2012, 03:47 PM
There is a little icon to the left, you can click that if you want to send that report to the mods.

About your idea of a poll, Ive yet to see any reason other than "I want it" for a poll. We have shot you down time and time again on why they dont work, you keep coming back with "But I want it" and "It will bring lots of people"

You really should read up on the game, and stop posting about things you are ignorant about. Once you understand how things work you really should think about a good idea about what both works for YOU and the DEVs.

Saying "But all these people will play" isnt a good reason. Nor is "But I want it".

First, thanks for info, now, poll tab in game launcher is a good tool for all ideas not just this one, and devs would see what people think about any idea befor they implement somthing.
And how would you know poll is something that I myself would want only?

MrDDT
03-05-2012, 03:59 PM
First, thanks for info, now, poll tab in game launcher is a good tool for all ideas not just this one, and devs would see what people think about any idea befor they implement somthing.
And how would you know poll is something that I myself would want only?

Devs already shot the poll idea down. Why? Because polls dont work. Not just my thoughts Dev's thoughts on it. This is why they turned them off. They already said if they were to do a real poll it would need to go out by emails.

Im sure there one other person that agrees with your idea. Again its not about YOU, its about what the devs want. They already shot this idea down 11months ago. What has changed now than then?

I hate having to try to debate your side for you, but you are doing a pretty bad job of just digging your own hole. You have yet to make any points, and really just trolling it seems like.

Book
03-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the reminder of the icon on the left there DDT. I've seen fit to report a number of posts made in this thread. I don't know that anything will come of it as the proverbial towel may well have been thrown in on moderating a modicum of civility but hey... if it can help elevate the general demeanor that seems to have gone awry to a point more worthy of Xsyon the game, then that would be a good thing.

Willowhawk, theme park or no theme park isn't the question here. I understand you don't seem to find value in a "theme park" type of game. No problem. Z is not suggesting Xsyon be turned into that.

For example, World of Warcraft, the most egregious offender to those with such vehement hatred for theme parks such as yourself, in fact has FFA PVP servers, and PVE servers. In the former, a level 70 can run around clubbing a level 15. Perfectly legit, perfectly consensual by virtue of having chosen that option. On the other hand, on the PVE server, there is still PVP to be found, but it is up to the individual to choose what he or she may feel like doing upon that day's adventure. The decision is not made by someone else. As such, any ensuing PVP is perfectly legit, perfectly consensual.

A more recent egregious offender of the hell-no-we-won't-theme-parko variety is Star Wars: The Old Republic. Again, a theme park? Yes. Is that the point here? I'm afraid not. The point is that they have the same consensually driven PVP server constructs as World of Warcraft. Prior to allowing an incoming player to even join a FFA PVP server, a warning is given that no intervention by game moderators will occur. Anything which can be determined through PVP will be determined through PVP, no exceptions.

Clearly whether or not a game is a theme park or not isn't particularly germane to this discussion. What is, however, is that Z is requesting the consideration of an option when it comes to PVP. He is not alone in thinking this. No need to throw imaginary numbers of players to try and quantify it. It simply is what it is.

FFA PVP is the rule in the current inception of Xsyon. I certainly knew this when I bought the game and I don't regret having bought it one bit. However, the freedom of choice on how I wish to spend my evening after a long day is very important to me.

So, why is it that the suggestion of considering a potential option is met with such immature anger and rage by some? I understand many would like the idea to just go away... but if it is not about what Z wants, why should it be about what any of you want? It is about what Jordi wants with input from players? Okay, understood. Why do some of you feel so entitled to determine what is valid input from a player and what is not?

If we really want to play the card of "that's not what Jordi envisioned" then that reductionist point of view can come back to haunt quite a number of players who, for example, want to see sieging and warfare. Jordi has said many times this was not part of his original vision. Shall we impose your line of thought across the board? I thought not.

MrDDT
03-05-2012, 07:03 PM
If we really want to play the card of "that's not what Jordi envisioned" then that reductionist point of view can come back to haunt quite a number of players who, for example, want to see sieging and warfare. Jordi has said many times this was not part of his original vision. Shall we impose your line of thought across the board? I thought not.

He did say contested resources. So I dont think people need to see sieging, but warfare has always been on the table. In fact he said long ago AFTER prelude there will be less restrictions for more warfare. Prelude is the build up phase.

Sieging he said he would think about it. I dont think the game will support sieging in the common sense that you take over someone's tribe. The game isnt balanced in the least to support that.

WOW nor SWTOR has FFA PVP. So Im not sure where you getting it. FFA PVP means NO SIDES. Both WOW and SWTOR have faction PVP. You should learn the terms before trying to belittle someone else on their posts. I know you might not know the games, but if you dont know then please just dont post about things you dont understand.

I know you are not a PVPer, and you likely would be fine with PVP on a server as long as there are safe areas for you to play, but to say that WOW has FFA PVP is a slap in the face to PVPers who know that is just a boldfaced lie to try to prove your horrid point of PVP in theme parks.

Willowhawk
03-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Brook, I'm sorry if my post was missleading and you thought I find no value in theme park games. I play Vanguard, World of Warcraft, (Raven Moon had well over 300 members in WOW) LOTR, Age of Conan, Everques ll etc. I started in Everquest back in 1999. Comparing those games to games like Wish, Irth, Wurm and Xsyon is a stretch at best. True, Irth offered both PVE and PVP options but it also had NPCs and a quest system so it was in fact a PVE game with PVP option.

Xsyon was designed to be a true player versus player environment. There are no NPC's and no quests systems therefore aside from a sims type crafting game with a little hunting there is no game. It's Minecraft with real graphics.

Should the developers put time and energy into providing another server for that? Their choice. Which is why I said to put his suggestion into the suggestion thread and let the devs decide if they want to do a poll. I didn't say he couldn't, I just asked him to please stop the endless repetitive posting. He created a second thread because the moderator shut down the first one.

Hodo
03-05-2012, 08:39 PM

Thank you MrDDT, I did exactly what you said, reported him. For trolling, restarting a new thread with the same topic as the one that was locked, and just in general failing at everything.

Kegan
03-05-2012, 09:57 PM
I can't believe this thread is still going. Just goes to show you how board people can get in this day and age...hehe

Bottom line the guy has just as much right to express his opinion as anyone else and those of you arguing with him are just as much to blame as him for this thread getting to this point. Might i suggest that we just move on now and let this thing rest once and for all? I mean really ten pages and now everyone is reporting everyone this is not doing anyone any good.