PDA

View Full Version : Xsyon Installer

Nik_Gade
03-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Hello everyone I am new to Xyson... Really looking forward to playing this game. I do have a question however.

When I ordered the game - there was the download link. Selected download etc. My protection software informed me there is a threat located in the download file... Like a noob I went ahead and just disabled my security system. The download started, I proceeded to turn my security back on and I Blue Screened... I restarted my comp etc. and everything is running fine, the game proceeded to download, and I am now starting the patches to the game... My question is : Did this happen to all of you when you took the download? (Not the blue screen, but rather the threat warning.) It's not a good thing if your downloaded files have threats on them... lol... I'm also worried that the game didnt install/download fully - it wasnt even finished downloading when I blue screened but here I am installing the patches from the installer lol..
Thanks for all replies.
Looking forward to playing the game!

MrDDT
03-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Nope, Ive installed this game over 20 times too on different computers.

What security system do you use?

Nik_Gade
03-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the response.

Webroot, I got it all downloaded and installed and created my character, Im just worried about turning my security back on now lol.

MrDDT
03-12-2012, 06:08 PM
You should email support.

support@notorious-games.com

That would be my advice.

Nik_Gade
03-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Ok so I just left my security off through the whole download/install. The threat seemed to be in the actual WinRAR Installer App itself. Once the game was installed, I was able to remove the Installer App extracted from Rar and now there are no problems at all and the installed game itself is clean. Thanks for all who helped!