PDA

View Full Version : Statuses and skills to effect economy.

znaiika
03-17-2012, 08:52 PM
An Idea to make economy better by choosing statuses at creation and then not being able to level them in game, and craft items with Q/D based on statuses.
For example:
Dexterity and Intelligence at 100 and also tool-craft skill at 100, then one could make best Q/D on tools.
But if Dexterity and Intelligence at 50? then one could only make tools with moderate Q/D even if he has tool-craft skill at 100.

And H/Q items should really have better bonuses then moderate quality (M/Q) items.
I am not sure if bonuses work at this point, I made all these gear but don't really see an impact out of them, that should make a difference, we really need to have a difference between high Q/D and moderate Q/D in order for people to buy those gear/items.

MrDDT
03-17-2012, 09:14 PM
1) I think you need to understand how the game works.
2) I think you need to understand how crafting works.
3) It already works like this mostly.

P.S. Its very hard to understand a lot of what you are saying, at least for me.

Book
03-17-2012, 11:35 PM
I'm pretty sure you can level stats in game right now, so it doesn't really work as Z is suggesting.

The nice thing about having things change while in game is it gives every player chances to re-invent themselves over the long term if they choose to. That's one of the things I really liked about the game, it's open ended. My character will change based on his life experiences. While I understand you're trying to create more specialization by limiting the stats to creation only (many people have wanted to increase specialization), I think the game would lose something really cool about it.

I was also under the impression that if someone has toolcrafting at 100, they can make the best things, provided they use the best tools and resources. The stats do play a role of course, but it's a more subtle role than plainly whether or not someone can make a certain item at a certain quality. I think it is related to the number of successes one has being able to build the best in accordance with what that stat is related to, amongst a number of other things that may be explained elsewhere if needed.

I also think a number of bonuses are not fully functional yet, or not highly noticeable. A high durability tool, though, will last noticeably longer. High quality will allow higher quality production results. Etc.
Different types of tools also play a role in the outcome, scrapper, pioneer etc. It's been a while so I don't recall exactly what corresponds to what but if this isn't something you already knew, there may be someone willing to help you out in game.

TL;DR... I can see the benefit to more specialization, but I don't think limiting the player is the answer on this one.

Have fun :D

PS. if one doesn't understand what another is saying, it is customary to ask for elaboration, or abstain from comment if there is no interest in understanding. :)