PDA

View Full Version : Development and Time

Saorlan
03-25-2012, 12:27 AM
Guys,

I have been interested in Xsyon since I heard about it over 3 years ago. I bought it immediately after seeing similarities with Roma Victor a failed but great game (same programmer).

I liked what I saw of the game and thought it might turn out better near release. Release came about a year later and I was surprised to see that barely anything had changed since the beta. Ok some game play changes had been added but nothing major like ballistics or zombie or anything that we were really waiting for release.

So I thought I would leave and give it some time. It is now about 2 years after that and the game still has not changed apart from minor things like lockable containers and a few I am sure big things to the programmers but very small to the players.

- Where are things like ballistics, ie being able to throw something or shoot a bow? - -
- Where are intelligent game play mechanics like Zombies coming out at night?

A lot of focus was put on combat, I really see that much has changed to be honest, sure the settings and balance might have changed but it is basically the same.

It feels like the game was made a long time ago, 3 or more years ago but other people and all that is happening for the past 3 years is a bit of scripting changing the surface of things but not the fundamentals. It feels like the person in charge does not really know how to change the underlying code properly and is just scripting things on top of it and gradually understanding his own game.

I know there is a time lime in play and this is just the Pre-lude but ..... how long do you have to wait around here to see anything major take place?

I am now highly sceptical of the development team and find the posts by people that were posting 3 years ago so funny. They are asking the same thing. I just read one now saying how great it will be when Zombies are introduced as they just saw the Walking Dead series. Man .... are you still waiting for this??!!

I do hope I am wrong as I would love to see Xsyon develop but it is just taking too long to make minor changes.

NorCalGooey
03-25-2012, 12:32 AM
Yes I am a but curious too. I'd like to see them focus on the core game play more.

Don't get me wrong, the performance fixes have been great.

aliksteel
03-25-2012, 03:49 AM
I just read one now saying how great it will be when Zombies are introduced as they just saw the Walking Dead series. Man .... are you still waiting for this??!!
That would have been me, And I would have not said it if I was not waiting for it.

But here is the thing, Why are you making a post at all? I'm asking because I don't understand why someone that has not played in two years, Um was we playing two years ago? Any way, Say it was two years ago, Why care at all. There are many games I was hoping to play and when it didn't happen I didn't come back years later crying that the game didn't go the way I wanted it to. Xsyon is a game that I'm willing to wait for, If your not. Well sorry. But making the post pointing out what anyone that has been here for the last two years already knows, I just don't get.

znaiika
03-25-2012, 05:14 AM
I am sorry, but I can't find anywhere where it says zombies in Xsyons features, it states creatures and mutated creature, but nowhere near zombies or revenants.
I wouldn't be surprised to see dinosaurs though.

aliksteel
03-25-2012, 05:17 AM
I am sorry, but I can't find anywhere where it says zombies in Xsyons features, it states creatures and mutated creature, but nowhere near zombies or revenants.

Just know they will be in-game at some point.

tomduril
03-25-2012, 07:10 AM
I do not understand the post either - why complaining that nothing has happened and why posting it in the offical forum? What are your motives? Just to get a response - or hoping that everyone who is playing is padding your back and telling you - you were right - we are all idiots hoping for the developments - but you are right its hopless so we all quit? Are you developing something like Xsyon ... and have a better alternative? Let us know! :D

If you are truly interested in the game - listen to the interview Jordy gave at the start of this year
http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/7866-The-Sandbox-Inteview?highlight=interview

He explains what has happend in development - and why it is taking longer than he (or anyone else) has believed...

There have been a lot of improvments! I came back (after Feb 2011) in Oct 2011 because "carts are available on the test server" - that was one feature I was hoping for. It took me about 2 months to catch up what I have missed in the 6 months - and then start of this year - carts were introduced to the main server. Since then I am working on crafting a cart... Those carts are really great and hard to craft (solo) - so its something I am still on the way of doing.

If you dont want to support the development (meaning PAYING ...) and then compain about that there is not enough progress ... I wonder what you do for a living - it takes money to develop software and it takes money to host a server - and keep it running. Low population of PAYING players mean low budget = equals = slow progress. Nevertheless there is progress - I guess all the people that do support the game, like the progress and so - where is your problem?

Please leave us in peace and alone :D

Thanks!

Jadzia
03-25-2012, 07:18 AM
Just for the record, Saorlan, it was 2 years not 3. Just check your own account's register date :) There was less than 1 year of beta and the game launched 1 year ago. I agree that the development speed is slow but they did achieve some development during the last year.

MrDDT
03-25-2012, 09:49 AM
Just for the record, Saorlan, it was 2 years not 3. Just check your own account's register date :) There was less than 1 year of beta and the game launched 1 year ago. I agree that the development speed is slow but they did achieve some development during the last year.

Jadzia, some of us have been with the game longer than these forums, and were on the old forums. I know you might not know about that as you didnt start until March of 2010.

Do I really have to point it out again to you?

Its on the first page of www.Xsyon.com. I even quoted it for you last time. I guess I will do it again.

Creatures of mutation and mythology now populate the land.

I'm right there with you OP, I'm at the point where I put a lot of effort into the game only to see the fun things and important things in game not be addressed.

Instead of getting fixed combat, we are getting new wood posts to build. Instead of fixing water broken animals we get the devs posting about how its a valid tactic.

Focusing on the basics, fun level, economy, combat, AI, archery which was said to be done already, it seems like they are just working on making this game a building game for people that never want to fight.

Jadzia
03-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Jadzia, some of us have been with the game longer than these forums, and were on the old forums. I know you might not know about that as you didnt start until March of 2010.

I've been on the old forum too. Our registration date shows the date we registered there, not on this new board. Actually I've been here since the first day they started their homepage. Have you been with the game before any forum were opened and any website was started ? If yes, the 3 years might be right (in case Saorlan were there too). Otherwise it was only 2 years. But no doubt the game launched only 1 year ago.

Book
03-25-2012, 11:56 AM
Are you disappointed with the rate of development, or with the development priorities implemented?

What I mean is, say carts were never even looked at but that time had been spent on throwing something... would you still be making this post?
Or if instead of the architecture improvements, well, you get the idea.

I don't get the idea this is a matter of someone collecting monthly fees to spend on pina coladas on the beach. I think this is a project hanging by its teeth financially and development taking more time than I'd like is preferable to shutting the server down entirely.

As long as the server stays up, and I really have no legitimate reason to believe it won't, I can take a break to play other games and come back every so often to enjoy the changes that have been made.

For example, 36.2 seconds to load up the game is absolutely an awesome improvement!
Or when organizing my next move, a big cart will make it so much better than before... etc.

One last thing because I just have to say it :) Scripting vs. coding vs. programming and so on... don't knock scripting languages :) They are often more powerful than it would appear on the surface, and have evolved greatly over the years.

I lied, this one is the last thing, one quick word on zombies/revenants since they were mentioned. The first time I heard they were coming, I was thinking as Znaiika does now. "Seriously? That overdone concept! Whyyyyy...."

But then I looked at the screenshots on the main page. #107 in particular. The dude in blue, I'm pretty sure, is a revenant. We're not talking about stereotypical zombie out of a really bad 1970's movie. That would indeed be kind of annoying. Instead, I think they will fit into the game and since seeing that, I'm looking forward to them... whenever they can implemented to the appropriate standard.

Have fun everybody.

MrDDT
03-25-2012, 12:12 PM
I've been on the old forum too. Our registration date shows the date we registered there, not on this new board. Actually I've been here since the first day they started their homepage. Have you been with the game before any forum were opened and any website was started ? If yes, the 3 years might be right (in case Saorlan were there too). Otherwise it was only 2 years. But no doubt the game launched only 1 year ago.

1) No these forums dont take the hold forum date.
2) Yes there was stuff before these forums and this website.

These forums much later than the other stuff, which is why some of us have the same registered date.

Are you disappointed with the rate of development, or with the development priorities implemented?

What I mean is, say carts were never even looked at but that time had been spent on throwing something... would you still be making this post?
Or if instead of the architecture improvements, well, you get the idea.

I don't get the idea this is a matter of someone collecting monthly fees to spend on pina coladas on the beach. I think this is a project hanging by its teeth financially and development taking more time than I'd like is preferable to shutting the server down entirely.

As long as the server stays up, and I really have no legitimate reason to believe it won't, I can take a break to play other games and come back every so often to enjoy the changes that have been made.

For example, 36.2 seconds to load up the game is absolutely an awesome improvement!
Or when organizing my next move, a big cart will make it so much better than before... etc.

One last thing because I just have to say it :) Scripting vs. coding vs. programming and so on... don't knock scripting languages :) They are often more powerful than it would appear on the surface, and have evolved greatly over the years.

I lied, this one is the last thing, one quick word on zombies/revenants since they were mentioned. The first time I heard they were coming, I was thinking as Znaiika does now. "Seriously? That overdone concept! Whyyyyy...."

But then I looked at the screenshots on the main page. #107 in particular. The dude in blue, I'm pretty sure, is a revenant. We're not talking about stereotypical zombie out of a really bad 1970's movie. That would indeed be kind of annoying. Instead, I think they will fit into the game and since seeing that, I'm looking forward to them... whenever they can implemented to the appropriate standard.

Have fun everybody.

Carts, and the load times are so far the only major things Ive seen.

Carts took a while, I agree with that they were and are much needed.

Loadtimes took not very long to fix after how long of saying it was a major problem?

When I see new things added like new posts when we already have 15+ different types of them. It gets me upset. Stop focusing on the new walls, roofs, posts etc. Fix the major issues in the game. Economy, fun factor, AI, contested items, boring crafting, balancing 90% of the game.

zookeeper
03-25-2012, 12:34 PM
I think you're getting things confused there DDT and here is why. Graphic improvements like new models take some coding but Most of that is already in and nothing new really has to be wrote. You'll always see models, sounds, and textures making their way in a lot more often than major code changes/balances or completely new features as those take more time and testing before implementing.

You're asking for the impossible and screaming and crying because it's not getting done quick enough for you. Totem decay is coming but load time improvements along with fixing lag spikes is key before that as are you going to do mass emails just to chase away returning players who will just say that they are lagging or loading like before. Complaining on here or sending out emails complaining about this or that is just eatting up time that the devs could spend coding than answering those who don't understand that some things are going to take less time to add than others and sitting in game for 3 days complaining about posts or attacking animals in water doesn't solve a thing. All that did was force a lot of us to turn off global chat and just ignore your rants along with two others who decided to jump on board.

I like the current gameplay and maybe I just understand things are going to take time and some will have priority over others for various reasons none of which I'm sure Xsyon will make known but that's fine as I completely get what is going on. Take a break and wait as you said in your recruitment topic, we'll be here when you come back.

Willowhawk
03-25-2012, 12:46 PM
I think you're getting things confused there DDT and here is why. Graphic improvements like new models take some coding but Most of that is already in and nothing new really has to be wrote. You'll always see models, sounds, and textures making their way in a lot more often than major code changes/balances or completely new features as those take more time and testing before implementing.

You're asking for the impossible and screaming and crying because it's not getting done quick enough for you. Totem decay is coming but load time improvements along with fixing lag spikes is key before that as are you going to do mass emails just to chase away returning players who will just say that they are lagging or loading like before. Complaining on here or sending out emails complaining about this or that is just eatting up time that the devs could spend coding than answering those who don't understand that some things are going to take less time to add than others and sitting in game for 3 days complaining about posts or attacking animals in water doesn't solve a thing. All that did was force a lot of us to turn off global chat and just ignore your rants along with two others who decided to jump on board.

I like the current gameplay and maybe I just understand things are going to take time and some will have priority over others for various reasons none of which I'm sure Xsyon will make known but that's fine as I completely get what is going on. Take a break and wait as you said in your recruitment topic, we'll be here when you come back.

Well said Zookeeper. About every 3 months or so he gets his panties in a bunch and proceeds rant and insults the developers for a few weeks, then goes back to MrSmoochy when he needs to recruit more peons again.

Jadzia
03-25-2012, 01:38 PM
1) No these forums dont take the hold forum date.
2) Yes there was stuff before these forums and this website.

These forums much later than the other stuff, which is why some of us have the same registered date.

The game was publicly announced in January, 2010. Preorder started in March, 2010. So Saorlan bought the game back then. This forum was started somewhere in October-November in 2010, before that the old forum was working, so our registered date is coming from the old forum.
I'm sure there were stuffs before this website and forum, but it wasn't open for public. So if Saorlan is not part of the development team or one of their friends he must have met the game when it was announced, and that was 2 years ago. There was 1 year beta (for a while it was called early access) and another year since launch.

MrDDT
03-25-2012, 01:41 PM
How is asking for things like economy, combat, fun factor etc being added/fixed "impossible" if those are impossible, then I doubt anyone is going to be playing. The current numbers are likely to stick.

What is "coming" is a long list that has been said for months. Totem decay has been coming for 6 months.

If these threads are eating up the dev time they should stop adding things like posts, walls, roofs to the game and focus the important stuff.

Fixing animals in water is a major issue, a lot more important than a new post in game.

You are one of the very few who like the current game play, which is shown by how many people are quitting the game.

Willowhawk
03-25-2012, 01:41 PM
To the Original Post.

I have seen constant updates and improvements since I started.

Off the top of my head:

*There was a lot of time spent on balancing combat. I remember it seemed like that was the entire focus for quite some time last year.
*There were a lot of DC's and crashes last year that had taken much time to fix.
*Tree spawn was added. Seeds drop, saplings spawn and grow into large trees.
*Many new (mutated) creatures were added.
*Animal AI has seen huge improvements.
*There has been tons of new architecture designs introduced and this is in keeping with the original model rebuilding a constantly evolving new world.
*Resource distribution had seen a lot of adjustments.
*New Wainwright Skill (Cart Building)
*Resource and Forestry skills introduced.
*New container buildings for storage.
*Roofs now provide Comfort. (Comfort still not active, but this is part of the process to get there).
*Icon that shows tribe and tribe leader additional stats as well as temperature.
*Mini Map added. Shows time and date which was a great addition.
*Ability to lock and set permissions on containers.
*Container labeling which is a huge time saver.
*New chat windows added for various chart modes.
*Load time cut down to about 1/5 of the prior time.

I'm sure I have missed many things, especially all the little tweaks that go on behind the scene. These things all take time time to sort out and we all know this is a small development team and things have to happen in the right order. I have no complaints about the speed or the order in which these things have come about. Do I still enjoy the game after a year? You bet! Will you enjoy it? No idea. Guess there is one way to find out. Drop $15.00 and give it a try.

MrDDT
03-25-2012, 01:50 PM
The game was publicly announced in January, 2010. Preorder started in March, 2010. So Saorlan bought the game back then. This forum was started somewhere in October-November in 2010, before that the old forum was working, so our registered date is coming from the old forum.
I'm sure there were stuffs before this website and forum, but it wasn't open for public. So if Saorlan is not part of the development team or one of their friends he must have met the game when it was announced, and that was 2 years ago. There was 1 year beta (for a while it was called early access) and another year since launch.

It was open to the public, the old forum is NOT updated here, and the posts are not here. It wasnt posted on MMORPG.com until March 2010, Jan 2010 MMOSITE.

Here is one of the emails from the old forums.

To MrDDT@hotmail.com
From:Xsyon (Virtus32@gmail.com)Sent:Wed 6/04/08 9:12 PMTo: MrDDT@hotmail.com (MrDDT@hotmail.com)

Dear MrDDT,

Welcome to Xsyon
Your account is currently marked as being inactive, to activate your account please go to the following link ... ...

http://www.xsyon.com/signup.php?activate.9.1be4a7af5c658abd46436c3d396b a31c

**** If the link doesn't work, please check that part of it has not overflowed onto the next line. ****

Your registration has been received and created with the following login information ......

Username: MrDDT
Password: *******

Please keep this email for your own information.
Your password has been encrypted and cannot be retrieved if you misplace or forget it. You can however request a new password if this happens.

Thanks for your registration.

Xsyon
http://www.xsyon.com/

znaiika
03-25-2012, 01:52 PM
MrDDT?
Are you sure you know what Mythology is?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mythology

There are nothing related between Mythology and Zombies or Revenants.
You should research first before posting.

zookeeper
03-25-2012, 02:04 PM
How is asking for things like economy, combat, fun factor etc being added/fixed "impossible" if those are impossible, then I doubt anyone is going to be playing. The current numbers are likely to stick.

What is "coming" is a long list that has been said for months. Totem decay has been coming for 6 months.

If these threads are eating up the dev time they should stop adding things like posts, walls, roofs to the game and focus the important stuff.

Fixing animals in water is a major issue, a lot more important than a new post in game.

You are one of the very few who like the current game play, which is shown by how many people are quitting the game.

Not impossible, but impossible for your I need it now time frame.

MrDDT
03-25-2012, 02:10 PM
To the Original Post.

I have seen constant updates and improvements since I started.

Off the top of my head:

*There was a lot of time spent on balancing combat. I remember it seemed like that was the entire focus for quite some time last year.
*There were a lot of DC's and crashes last year that had taken much time to fix.
*Tree spawn was added. Seeds drop, saplings spawn and grow into large trees.
*Many new (mutated) creatures were added.
*Animal AI has seen huge improvements.
*There has been tons of new architecture designs introduced and this is in keeping with the original model rebuilding a constantly evolving new world.
*Resource distribution had seen a lot of adjustments.
*New Wainwright Skill (Cart Building)
*Resource and Forestry skills introduced.
*New container buildings for storage.
*Roofs now provide Comfort. (Comfort still not active, but this is part of the process to get there).
*Icon that shows tribe and tribe leader additional stats as well as temperature.
*Mini Map added. Shows time and date which was a great addition.
*Ability to lock and set permissions on containers.
*Container labeling which is a huge time saver.
*New chat windows added for various chart modes.
*Load time cut down to about 1/5 of the prior time.

I'm sure I have missed many things, especially all the little tweaks that go on behind the scene. These things all take time time to sort out and we all know this is a small development team and things have to happen in the right order. I have no complaints about the speed or the order in which these things have come about. Do I still enjoy the game after a year? You bet! Will you enjoy it? No idea. Guess there is one way to find out. Drop $15.00 and give it a try.

Great lets just break down this list.

1)Combat still broken, not balanced, desync, laggy. So it was spent sometime on it only to not get it working, with this system, they removed dodge, and made parry worthless (no one uses it)
2)Great they fixed this, however, people still crash, most people cant even alt tab out of the game without crashing. Yes its better, but still lot of work needed here.
3) Tree spawn system did nothing but break a resource in game. Now trees are a pain and not even used to trade at all, before they were used for trading high QL. So it went from bad system (trees not respawning, and devs having to manually update the trees once in a while) to a resource that is not even used.
4) Great they added mutants, they are cool and all but because the AI is broken in water, not fun. You can kill them without even getting hit in water.
5) Yep they added a ton of stuff for buildings that add what to the game? Cool looks? They are not useful for anything other than looks.
6) This system is a good idea, however, again a system that isnt working well at all. You can still find what you want anywhere. If you want leather, no problem, you want metal? no problem. Its a very baby step system of distribution that isnt even really a factor. No one goes into other places to say find "titanium" they just stay in their area scav until they either find it or dont.
7)Already talked about carts as being a great new system added. They should add decay with it, but thats another line item.
8)Skills that have no effect on anything other than new stuff to train.
9)Comfort doesnt work so why are you talking about it? Its a point for me not you.
10)Temp doesnt work, leader buff tribe buff are cool, however, most of the stats are not working so its only 1/2 a point.
11)Totally forgot about the mini map, great add much needed and very helpful. Makes the gameplay a lot more fun.
12)The permissions option was already on baskets, they added a lock option. Which is cool but again broken in many ways.
13)Love the container labeling. Helps in overall gameplay. Minor patch, major effect.
14)Chat is horrid at best. Try talking to 2 people in whispers its a nightmare. Windowsize cant be changed, hard to see, transparency goes from hard to see to very hard to see. Tabs help a lot, but because its still so broken I cant count it as a plus yet.
15)Load in times already said is great, IMO one of the best patches to the overall game. Things like this should be worked out. Now this is off the list what major other issue is being fixed?

Willowhawk didn't you quit for a long time?

The game just isnt "fun" its missing a lot of that. If you like to build you will have some fun for a while, but if you like anything to do with combat, or if you like to hang out with people. I would pass on this for a while. Currently the focus of the devs is on fixing the game so its playable, and adding more tools for people to build a city.

PVP, Looting, Combat, Economy, PVE, Crafting. Its all getting pushed back, and being delayed until these other things can be done. Which is a shame because those are the things that make it fun to most people.

I know a lot of people can deal with crashing once a day if the game is fun. They can deal with not having options that allow them to put up a new color of a wall, or a new roof type. But going out and not having anything to do, being bored because there is no animals to kill, or direction?

Where is the drive for a player to do anything? This game is about survival. Well I dont see how that can be when there is nothing to fear or reason to build something.

MrDDT?

Do you understand what that word says? ANY MYTH buddy. Zombies, ghosts, Revenants, Dragons, Boogieman, Santa. All these are myths.

Not impossible, but impossible for your I need it now time frame.

I dont think "now" is fair when we've been waiting over a year.

Willowhawk
03-25-2012, 02:21 PM
No DDT I took a break at the holidays because I own my own business and I work about 80 hours a week from November into January. As for the list I just posted, I never said all was great in the game, I listed them to answer the OP, that things are being worked on and that there has been many changes since a year ago.

You say "the game just isn't fun" So quit! LOL Trust me, no one will miss you.

MrDDT
03-25-2012, 02:41 PM
No DDT I took a break at the holidays because I own my own business and I work about 80 hours a week from November into January. As for the list I just posted, I never said all was great in the game, I listed them to answer the OP, that things are being worked on and that there has been many changes since a year ago.

You say "the game just isn't fun" So quit! LOL Trust me, no one will miss you.

Yeah, I am taking a break again. Until its more fun. You say no one will miss me but funny how I'm asked to log in by tribe members and friends.
So I dont trust you, and likely wont.
I know its easy for you to just tell people to quit the game if they are not having fun, but I've put a lot of effort into this game. I'm not taking a break because the game concept isnt right for me, I'm taking a break because its not ready for me yet.
I used to be able to push pass the bugs, and poor balancing and lack of content, broken promises again and again. But now its getting to the point where its hard to see past that. It's not just me either, most people that play this game are in the same boat.

Even in this post here it's

"No, DDT I took a break" to my comment about you stopping your play for a while. The correct answer would be "Yes, DDT I took a break" but because you want to fight about it, you word it the way you did.

The OP isnt asking for all the changes, they are saying after 3 years of watching a game, it still seems hell of a lot like its still at the time they first started looking at it. Sure there has been some improvements but 1000s of people quit at release, do you expect them to come back to play this game in the state its in? I dont see them coming back for long with the current fun factor not being addressed.

Willowhawk
03-25-2012, 02:50 PM
"No, DDT I took a break" to my comment about you stopping your play for a while. The correct answer would be "Yes, DDT I took a break" but because you want to fight about it, you word it the way you did.
Wow.... I was responding directly to your question
Willowhawk didn't you quit for a long time? No I didn't quit for a "LONG TIME" I took a break through the holidays. Was that clear enough?

znaiika
03-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Do you understand what that word says? ANY MYTH buddy. Zombies, ghosts, Revenants, Dragons, Boogieman, Santa. All these are myths.

You're way over your head MrDDT, It doesn't say any "MYTH buddy" in the features, it doesn't even say "Mythological creatures" which could well be people with dog heads, and that just maybe an armor, people back then couldn't explained, and are legends, mutated creatures? yes, not humanoid zomies.
Zombies, are just an experiment went bad, people loose their intelligence, because of a virus effect, but that just a speculation, never happened, just "Resident Evil" movie and other similar movies.
Revenants, are just a ghosts can't interact with anything.

""War has destroyed life as we know it" not virus.
""The world draws its inspiration from history, mythology (Legends), and prophecies of the Apocalypse."" Learned from history.
""Xsyon is a fantasy world, but is heavily based on reality."" Real world simulations.
""are slightly twisted versions of what is real.""

Book
03-25-2012, 05:11 PM
As far as the loading times being a "quick fix," perhaps other people also noticed that a number of updates prior to the fix included server back-end work.

MrDDT, take a deep breath for a minute :) You understand enough about games to know that fixing the loading times would necessarily have involved back-end work. It's not like they woke up one morning and decided to quickly fix an old problem before they had coffee, it took time, just we weren't necessarily informed of all the minute details involved. I'd love that detail, but not so much because I want to keep tabs, but because it's just really interesting to know how things work.

Also, I'm sure you know enough about games to know that adding a "skin" to a post is completely different than the more substantial changes we'd all like to see at some point. Their artist must have had time on his/her hands, or one of the guides donated some work, whatever. It's a different part of the team than you're talking about entirely. If you didn't know that, then there you go, I have informed you free of charge! You're welcome. :cool:

Yes, there are people who like you in game, there are people who don't. I'm sure the same can be said for me. Who cares? Scrape it off and keep playing or take a break. Entirely up to you, just as nobody has ever left the game when you told them to. Some may have on account of clear-cutting, trash-paving, annoyingly antagonistic forum posts, destruction of buildings and bridges bordering on exploiting the mechanics of the game, etc. sure... but not because you told them to go back to ATITD or Hello Kitty or whatever you and yours like to say.

Oh, as far as the 1000's of people... I'm not at all convinced there ever were 1000s but okay, let's say there was. I think a fair number left on account of lag issues in the first couple of weeks, even some who had been in beta. They would be happily surprised with better server stability. A number of others left because they came in under false pretext, they simply didn't understand the game. They saw FFA PVP, started drooling over the idea of happy little gankfests of drama, and then found themselves disappointed. Some didn't even read the FFA PVP part because they just listened to their friend who simply said FFA PVP. They in turn started drooling as well.
They then found out that there is so much more to this game and FFA PVP isn't the main event. Not only were they disappointed to not have the slightest understanding about the game, but they also had drool all over their keyboard.

fatboy21007
03-25-2012, 06:35 PM
gotta be patient with xsyon, small dev team means long periods of time for things to be done. Ive been ingame nonstop since before release. Atm im taking a much needed break, messin with wurm online. Just like alot of folks i found my old tribes mates. their all waiting. Just takes the patience to wait. and Book, at launch their was over 1000 players, i know they killed the server hehehe. Since launch their has been atleast 3000 players to pass through xsyon. you havent noticed it cuz that other 2000 came in bunchs at random times. Xsyons pop goes up n down sumtimes ull see a burst then it vanishs and repeats. Just like other games. All i can say is if he starting to be annoyed with the game or got problams with it. take a break, then when ya come back ull love it all over again. Eventually we all get burnt out , yes even i do and ddt does :-P

MrDDT
03-25-2012, 09:42 PM
You're way over your head MrDDT, It doesn't say any "MYTH buddy" in the features, it doesn't even say "Mythological creatures" which could well be people with dog heads, and that just maybe an armor, people back then couldn't explained, and are legends, mutated creatures? yes, not humanoid zomies.
Zombies, are just an experiment went bad, people loose their intelligence, because of a virus effect, but that just a speculation, never happened, just "Resident Evil" movie and other similar movies.

""The world draws its inspiration from history, mythology (Legends), and prophecies of the Apocalypse."" Learned from history.
""Xsyon is a fantasy world, but is heavily based on reality."" Real world simulations.

Are you really debating this? There are Zombies and Ghosts in all sorts of mythology in the world. Not sure why you are so dead set that there cant be zombies in Xsyon. Even though you keep proving your own point wrong. Worse, they are not going to be zombies they are going to be called revenants.

Believe it or not, but a lot of mythologies never happened or cant be proven either way. Not sure why you think Resident Evil is the only type of zombie in the world, there are 1000s of zombies stories.

You are talking about revenants like they are a real thing, they are myth. Ive heard stories where ghosts killed people, or moved tables and turned on lights. Saying they cant interact with anything is your version of something that's made up. Who knows what ghosts and revenants can do or what they really are, they are a myth.

Added after 11 minutes:

As far as the loading times being a "quick fix," perhaps other people also noticed that a number of updates prior to the fix included server back-end work.

MrDDT, take a deep breath for a minute :) You understand enough about games to know that fixing the loading times would necessarily have involved back-end work. It's not like they woke up one morning and decided to quickly fix an old problem before they had coffee, it took time, just we weren't necessarily informed of all the minute details involved. I'd love that detail, but not so much because I want to keep tabs, but because it's just really interesting to know how things work.

Also, I'm sure you know enough about games to know that adding a "skin" to a post is completely different than the more substantial changes we'd all like to see at some point. Their artist must have had time on his/her hands, or one of the guides donated some work, whatever. It's a different part of the team than you're talking about entirely. If you didn't know that, then there you go, I have informed you free of charge! You're welcome. :cool:

Yes, there are people who like you in game, there are people who don't. I'm sure the same can be said for me. Who cares? Scrape it off and keep playing or take a break. Entirely up to you, just as nobody has ever left the game when you told them to. Some may have on account of clear-cutting, trash-paving, annoyingly antagonistic forum posts, destruction of buildings and bridges bordering on exploiting the mechanics of the game, etc. sure... but not because you told them to go back to ATITD or Hello Kitty or whatever you and yours like to say.

Oh, as far as the 1000's of people... I'm not at all convinced there ever were 1000s but okay, let's say there was. I think a fair number left on account of lag issues in the first couple of weeks, even some who had been in beta. They would be happily surprised with better server stability. A number of others left because they came in under false pretext, they simply didn't understand the game. They saw FFA PVP, started drooling over the idea of happy little gankfests of drama, and then found themselves disappointed. Some didn't even read the FFA PVP part because they just listened to their friend who simply said FFA PVP. They in turn started drooling as well.
They then found out that there is so much more to this game and FFA PVP isn't the main event. Not only were they disappointed to not have the slightest understanding about the game, but they also had drool all over their keyboard.

The quick fix is because I was told it was a quick fix, by the devs. It didnt take very long at all. So if you choose not to believe that, then that's fine just saying what was the case. Unlike carts it didnt take months to do.
Loading times was one of the best things fixed in game, it was much needed and I believe that's a major factor in why many people quit the game. Same with lag, FPS issues, crashing.

About why the PVPers quit the game, yes, Im sure its partly like you say, many of those people were FFA PVPers and the game didnt turn out like they thought. On top of that the game was changed from how it was said to be to how it is now.

There was still gankfests and all that stuff, so saying they left because they cant PVP is a lie. Desync, in combat is likely more the case also the lack of combat focused things. Animals were not respawning, guides had to do it manually and they even crashed the server or lagged it up a few times because of it.

I dont think PVP should be the main event and never really said that. So you barking up the wrong tree there. However, I do believe the game should be more fun. Fixing combat so animals can hurt you is a good start. Another good start is change the boring crafting. Another one is fix the economy, and another one is give items in game a purpose to be crafted.

About the post issue, the post is just 1 thing, if you think it was ONLY artist that needed to work on it you are wrong. Everything takes Xsyon's time he has to oversee everything and code in parts of it. Im sure artists had to do stuff for it, however, saying it didnt take up someone else's time is a lie.

I'm not talking about just posts also, I'm talking about it all. Ramps, roofs, posts, walls etc. They are adding them yet the core features of the game are still missing, things that were promised over a year ago.
I hope you trying to not tell me those only took art also?

gotta be patient with xsyon, small dev team means long periods of time for things to be done. Ive been ingame nonstop since before release. Atm im taking a much needed break, messin with wurm online. Just like alot of folks i found my old tribes mates. their all waiting. Just takes the patience to wait. and Book, at launch their was over 1000 players, i know they killed the server hehehe. Since launch their has been atleast 3000 players to pass through xsyon. you havent noticed it cuz that other 2000 came in bunchs at random times. Xsyons pop goes up n down sumtimes ull see a burst then it vanishs and repeats. Just like other games. All i can say is if he starting to be annoyed with the game or got problams with it. take a break, then when ya come back ull love it all over again. Eventually we all get burnt out , yes even i do and ddt does :-P

Sadly Fatboy this is much the case. Im less burnt out with the game and more burnt out with the people that keep telling me all is good in game. The game is fun, its great. When I see less than 150 people actively playing it, and I'm in one of the largest active tribes. It cant be all good and great with that few of people playing it.

znaiika
03-26-2012, 05:49 AM
Are you really debating this? There are Zombies and Ghosts in all sorts of mythology in the world. Not sure why you are so dead set that there cant be zombies in Xsyon. Even though you keep proving your own point wrong. Worse, they are not going to be zombies they are going to be called revenants.

Believe it or not, but a lot of mythologies never happened or cant be proven either way. Not sure why you think Resident Evil is the only type of zombie in the world, there are 1000s of zombies stories.

You are talking about revenants like they are a real thing, they are myth. Ive heard stories where ghosts killed people, or moved tables and turned on lights. Saying they cant interact with anything is your version of something that's made up. Who knows what ghosts and revenants can do or what they really are, they are a myth.

People started to see thing after television was discovered, isn't that tell you something? I can't believe you actually fall for that, documentaries with ghosts started only recently, after blair witch project.
Mystery and fact are two opposite things.
I can believe if another being from another world can disappear and reappear in front of you, but that could be that they have a technology advanced enough.
Sure people can become zombie like, but it is temporary and under hypnoses.
I think Xsyon should focus more on creatures " like tigers, lions cougars, etc..." to hunt and keep "revenants" for special events, so people don't feel lonely.
Then Xsyon would keep realism and have Sci-Fi elements in it.
FE has zombies, but it is a Sci-Fi based game.
""Xsyon is a fantasy world, but is heavily based on reality.""

Zombie invasion would ruing meaning of Xsyon entirely.

Other question: what would these "revenants" have for loot? better be something really worth killing them, and like I said keep them for events only or players would have enough seeing "revenants" and hunting them everyday, what could be fun would become another debate on forums.

tomduril
03-26-2012, 06:07 AM
@Znaiika: this is probably off topic :P

Reevants are said to be originating from deserted totems (human like ...). Xsyon said that the bin/basket rework that took place (and costed a lot of effort) was also to allow "non-player" entities to access the contents of baskets / buildings. If I remember correctly - the Reevants are supposed to get armor/weapons from the bins left behind - so that when they are defeated - you could loot, what they looted from bins and basekets. The devs also plan for the reevants to loot players that are defeated by them - so you would see that kind of loot also.

I am not sure how this is progressing - or if the original idea is still beeing persued - however that is the information I got on that subject. We will just have to wait and see how things are implemented.

znaiika
03-26-2012, 07:40 AM
Don't get me wrong, I like Sci-Fi elements to be added to Xsyon, multiple heads on creatures even flying dragons, zombies are welcome too, as long if it is going to be playable and is not exploited.
I expect revenants to have rare weapons, armor, blueprints and mats, something you can't find out side, but not looting players.

Book
03-26-2012, 08:26 AM
@Znaiika, long as we're off-topic :)

Reality is a relative thing. You'd be amazed what people consider reality around the world! I wouldn't really go to a shaman for medical attention, for example, but it's accepted by many people around the world as part of their reality so, it's valid to them. :) It's why the DSM-IV (psychology diagnostic manual written by western academics) isn't cross-culturally valid... but I'm seriously digressing now.

I'm not sure what kind of loot to expect from revenants. I had also heard it would be player related, so if I get killed and then you kill the revenant, you might get my knife! In a sense that's kind of cool. If I get killed and looted by a revenant, I can call you up and we'll go gang up on the revenant to get my stuff back. The really cool part? The revenant is not going to throw a tantrum and come clear-cut all my trees or pave my trash-pile! Pretty cool.

I understand where you're coming from though, as I said earlier, I was really skeptical about the "zombies" and thought it was just going to be a mindless gimmick... but my mind changed as I learned more about what is planned. I think they'll do a good job on keeping it relevant to the world of Xsyon. There's a lot of lore and story you can include to make revenants a part of this new strange world we've woken into. I *think* revenants were part of the original design, but could be wrong. Either way, let's wait til we see how it's implemented before judging it :) It's worth the benefit of the doubt.

znaiika
03-26-2012, 09:42 AM
@Znaiika, long as we're off-topic :)

Reality is a relative thing. You'd be amazed what people consider reality around the world! I wouldn't really go to a shaman for medical attention, for example, but it's accepted by many people around the world as part of their reality so, it's valid to them. :) It's why the DSM-IV (psychology diagnostic manual written by western academics) isn't cross-culturally valid... but I'm seriously digressing now.

I'm not sure what kind of loot to expect from revenants. I had also heard it would be player related, so if I get killed and then you kill the revenant, you might get my knife! In a sense that's kind of cool. If I get killed and looted by a revenant, I can call you up and we'll go gang up on the revenant to get my stuff back. The really cool part? The revenant is not going to throw a tantrum and come clear-cut all my trees or pave my trash-pile! Pretty cool.

I understand where you're coming from though, as I said earlier, I was really skeptical about the "zombies" and thought it was just going to be a mindless gimmick... but my mind changed as I learned more about what is planned. I think they'll do a good job on keeping it relevant to the world of Xsyon. There's a lot of lore and story you can include to make revenants a part of this new strange world we've woken into. I *think* revenants were part of the original design, but could be wrong. Either way, let's wait til we see how it's implemented before judging it :) It's worth the benefit of the doubt.

Yep reality is a relative thing, some people call it matrix, it is waves interpreted by brain.
But anyway, I am glad Xsion is working on it, we do need animal and combat to be a priority, then bonuses, then totems.

Saorlan
03-26-2012, 09:48 AM
That would have been me, And I would have not said it if I was not waiting for it.

But here is the thing, Why are you making a post at all? I'm asking because I don't understand why someone that has not played in two years, Um was we playing two years ago? Any way, Say it was two years ago, Why care at all. There are many games I was hoping to play and when it didn't happen I didn't come back years later crying that the game didn't go the way I wanted it to. Xsyon is a game that I'm willing to wait for, If your not. Well sorry. But making the post pointing out what anyone that has been here for the last two years already knows, I just don't get.

Not sure what is not to get. I have played off and on these past 2 years and always stopped as I felt the game was not quite finished yet. I don't have any motives for posting this here just expressing my opinion as a paying customer.

I find it sad that the game has not progressed much in all this time and I post because I obviously care about the project and would love to see it succeed. I dont think anyone in their right mind could possible say the development of this game is anything but painstakingly slow and yes I have read the reasons for the slowness. I am just a bit frustrated by it and am starting to think that the present crew does not have the skills nessesary to complete the game as all we have seen so far is hardly major changes, more like tweaks.

I think if the real story is that no major development can go on as they do not have the skills and they were lost with the original programmers then the company should be upfront about his and stop people wasting their time on something that is not going to happen. I saw this with Roma Victor and would hate that to happen to this game. At least Jordi is not an out and out bull shitter like KFR was though !

Any that is why I made the post.

Good luck all and good luck Xsyon - I really hope the next time I look in there will be something to stick around for ;)

NorCalGooey
03-26-2012, 10:46 AM
As long as we are talking about reality and not Xsyon...

let's get a new thread going shall we? :) I'd love to be part of that discussion

But Znaika is essentially correct. People can be fooled into believing they taste pasta when they are eating fruit. It all has to do with zeeeee braiiiin

JCatano
03-28-2012, 04:08 AM

"Creatures of mutation and mythology now populate the land." - Xsyon

This is a very popular myth which dates B.C.:

"If thou openest not the gate to let me enter,
I will break the door, I will wrench the lock,
I will smash the door-posts, I will force the doors.
I will bring up the dead to eat the living.
And the dead will outnumber the living". - Ishtar (Babylonian and Assyrian goddess)

Zombie myth in Africa (among other areas of the world): Sorcerers can bring the dead back to life as zombies.

"The ways of swords and sorcery have replaced the path of science and progress." - Xsyon

znaiika
03-28-2012, 05:41 AM
[I]"Creatures of mutation and mythology now populate the land."

What do you mean by Creatures?

Book
03-28-2012, 11:31 AM
"Creatures of mutation and mythology now populate the land." - Xsyon

This is a very popular myth which dates B.C.:

"If thou openest not the gate to let me enter,
I will break the door, I will wrench the lock,
I will smash the door-posts, I will force the doors.
I will bring up the dead to eat the living.
And the dead will outnumber the living". - Ishtar (Babylonian and Assyrian goddess)

Zombie myth in Africa (among other areas of the world): Sorcerers can bring the dead back to life as zombies.

"The ways of swords and sorcery have replaced the path of science and progress." - Xsyon

If only we were talking about zombies... but as MrDDT pointed out, we're not talking about zombies, we're talking about revenants.

MrDDT
03-28-2012, 12:49 PM
The point is that Creatures, and mythology is a very very loose term, you can fit just about any type of thing into it. Heck you could make the Borg from Star Trek and say its part of a Mythology.

I dont even know why its a debate of this. I think its mostly due to misunderstanding of the English language.

Book
03-28-2012, 01:36 PM
The point is that Creatures, and mythology is a very very loose term, you can fit just about any type of thing into it. Heck you could make the Borg from Star Trek and say its part of a Mythology.

I dont even know why its a debate of this. I think its mostly due to misunderstanding of the English language.

Which is why I reiterated your distinction between zombies and revenants for Mr. Catano's benefit. The English language seems to be a conundrum for all kinds of people! :)

I love the Borg idea, I think Seven-of-Nine and I would get along splendidly. One sure was a cool fellow. The queen... not so much, is no sexy.

JCatano
03-28-2012, 03:05 PM
If only we were talking about zombies... but as MrDDT pointed out, we're not talking about zombies, we're talking about revenants.

>>>>>

- Where are intelligent game play mechanics like Zombies coming out at night?

MrDDT?

"Zombie" myths are not something new.
"Zombie" myths have been around since B.C.
"Zombies" are not pigeonholed into a virus-only creation.
"Zombies" seem to have originated through sorcery myths.
"Zombies" are part of mythology.
The OP asked about "zombies".
Znaiika is incorrect.

Deacon
03-28-2012, 03:16 PM
@OP

Some of the changes are not so noticable, but improved the game play greatly...like only needing 4 drinks now instead of 10 to fill from a river....carrying waterskins that will fill you in 2 drinks from it, so you dont have to run to river every time you get thirsty....water barrels that can hold drinking water for your tribe, should you decide to build 'away' from water source....tools decaying on use....even something as seemingly as trival like camera view when walking into a structure has improved the game.

I also played RV, but have seen much more improvement in shorter time here, than entire RV history....I just hope the issue where more than 8 people fighting on same 'board' doesnt cause slideshow framerates...which I havent seen as an issue in this game..yet.....unlike RV, where it was never truly resolved.

But I too am finding it difficult to log in after my hospital stay.....the enthuseasim I had is waining a bit. I will play again...just got to get up the energy 8)

Book
03-28-2012, 03:48 PM
@JCatano

Yes, regarding Zombies in particular, Znaiika is incorrect. Unfortunately, your correction isn't entirely there either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie

Primarily based in Voodoo religion.

The importance of a distinction between zombies and revenants is essentially the driving factor behind the resurrection in question. Just because something is brought back to life, or otherwise animated post mortem, doesn't make it a zombie at all. Again, zombies are specific phenomena particular to certain religions.
Revenants do not involve withcraft or sorcery necessarily. That would make that rather famous resurrection many people will be celebrating soon a celebration of a zombie, which would not be an adequate depiction.

Obviously, the Borg would not really fit the game. Neither would Medusa, even though she is undoubtedly a part of mythology as a whole. In that sense, Znaiika is correct in that Zombies have no place in Xsyon either. We all awakened without memories of the past, voodoo did not survive this apocalypse. Hence, the correct terminology relevant to you is revenant, not zombie.

Not that it matters, since you just seem to have a crossed hair somewhere regarding Znaiika and wanted to post how wrong he is and right you are. I'm sorry to have to tell you of this unfortunate failure. Carry on.

JCatano
03-28-2012, 06:24 PM
@JCatano

Yes, regarding Zombies in particular, Znaiika is incorrect. Unfortunately, your correction isn't entirely there either.

The importance of a distinction between zombies and revenants is essentially the driving factor behind the resurrection in question. Just because something is brought back to life, or otherwise animated post mortem, doesn't make it a zombie at all. Again, zombies are specific phenomena particular to certain religions.
Revenants do not involve withcraft or sorcery necessarily. That would make that rather famous resurrection many people will be celebrating soon a celebration of a zombie, which would not be an adequate depiction.

Obviously, the Borg would not really fit the game. Neither would Medusa, even though she is undoubtedly a part of mythology as a whole. In that sense, Znaiika is correct in that Zombies have no place in Xsyon either. We all awakened without memories of the past, voodoo did not survive this apocalypse. Hence, the correct terminology relevant to you is revenant, not zombie.

Not that it matters, since you just seem to have a crossed hair somewhere regarding Znaiika and wanted to post how wrong he is and right you are. I'm sorry to have to tell you of this unfortunate failure. Carry on.

I don't care what was said about revenants, because the OP didn't bring them up, which is why I pointed out how Znaiika is incorrect about zombies. Anyway...

"A world that once existed only in the realm of mythology, legend and imagination has become concrete and very real. You have forgotten the past and are welcomed by a new primitive future.

With the disruption of the planet, ancient gods (Ishtar raising the dead, anyone? - Ishtar and other gods and goddesses linked to religion, anyone?) awake to once again exert their powers over the earth. The lords of nature have revived the wastelands, eradicating and subverting the remnants of modern technology. Creatures of mutation and mythology now populate the land. The ways of swords and sorcery have replaced the path of science and progress." - Xsyon

The Ishtar myth came way before Vodou, although with roots in Africa, it has been said that the religion has likely been practiced for very, very long time. If zombies were primarily based on Vodou, then you would not see the same type of myth related to Ishtar (and other B.C. examples). The modern "zombie" is what most people relate to, and that's the mistake in this thread if thinking about it in the Resident Evil-type way.

With the above Xsyon quote; any god, monster, zombie, or <insert myth> would fit into the game, since the overview opens that can of worms simply by using the words "mythology, legend, and imagination"... The first being exactly what a "zombie" (or whatever you want to call it) falls under.

Keep tryin'.

MrDDT
03-28-2012, 06:36 PM
@JCatano

Who is to say voodoo didnt survive? Who is to say that zombies dont fit this game? Pretty sure its up to the devs to say this, and pretty sure they are the ones that say that revenants are going to be like zombies AND we already have zombie armor IN THE GAME.

Please stop talking about something you dont know or understand.

You are the one failing here, in trying to say JC is wrong.

Zombies are not based primarily on Voodoo religion sorry to sell you this.
Even in your own link, it shows that its also based on movies/books also.

Zombies range from anything from undead, to overuse of some drugs that put people in a zombie state.

Zombies dont need witchcraft, or sorcery. Many people believe you can become a zombie from some types of drugs also.

The main point is that Znaiika upset that they dont see how zombies could be part of the game and doesnt see where it talks about it in game is clearly wrong. Its on the front page. There is zombie armor in game already.
Revenants are coming into the game with totem decay. Many people will call them zombies, as I'm sure they are going to be pretty close to zombies. It appears to me as if you dont know what you are talking about in any case here, and trying to just start a fight.

Back to the main topic.

Deacon, Im right there with you. Ive seen progress and a lot more than Roma Victor. My main thing is, I'm not seeing the fun factor being effected. Yes fixing up waterskins and drinking is cool, but really thats a minor problem on a long list of gameplay that needs to be worked on. One of the largest issues is ECONOMY and STRIFE. When I talk about economy, I'm talking about the drive for people to buy and sell items.
They have a trade fair in game where guides will teleport people to the event and back home. No matter how much weight you carry, or if you want to use a cart it will come with you also.
Last trade event there was 5 people total that showed up. Vendors and buyers. Doesnt this strike you as a major issue? If you can be teleported to trade and back home and only 5 people show up, how bad would trade be outside of these events?

Strife: To me means how it is to live and fight for things. It doesnt mean PVP. In fact it doesnt even need to include PVP. It should be things like shelter, clothing, armor, weapons, animal attacks, food, water etc. PVP could be a part of these, however, I would like PVP to be more of rare resource control but this is another topic.
Give players something to be afraid of and fight for. Right now there are no objectives. People are building cities because they look cool. People are wearing armor because they look cool. There needs to be more.

Those 2 things after crashing, and major lag should be the top 2 things on the list. Instead we are seeing things like new posts, and roofs.

Book
03-28-2012, 07:45 PM
You guys really do crack me up. So much raaaage! I concede. They are not revenants as the devs have repeatedly said. They are Zombies, because voodoo survived, and when MrDDT told Znaiika he didn't understand what he was talking about because they are revenants, and not Zombies, he was right, because contradicting yourself for the sake of victory is cool. It is entirely my fault for actually paying attention and reading what you guys say. What was I thinking! Won't happen again. :)

The funniest thing about all this, to me, is that even when I take MrDDT's very own argument and say there is a difference between revenants and zombies, he still has to act like the little boss. He would rather contradict himself than let something go. He'd like to claim nobody understands things as well as he does, and yet still hangs on to completely trivial things like "oh noes! posts and roofs!" Evidently gave him too much credit to think he might get the whole dev TEAM concept. At least I was nice enough to try, most people have stopped bothering with him at all and have stopped posting because and only because of him. Many others have just cancelled rather than dealing with him. But yet the little engine keeps on churning. The whole animals in water thing is the same. IT'S A BUG! but yet how long does it take for him to let it go?

I've left the game of various occasion concerned that people like MrDDT may actually have the ear of the developers. Luckily, I've since come to the conclusion, right or wrong, that the developers pay him lip service, keep collecting the monthlies on all his accounts, and do as makes sense... pretty much let the dog bark as the caravan passes. I look forward to the community growing large enough to drown him out entirely. He has been the worst thing about my experience in Xsyon, and only serves to attract more of his own kind. It's a road to nowhere.

MrDDT
03-28-2012, 07:54 PM
You guys really do crack me up. So much raaaage! I concede. They are not revenants as the devs have repeatedly said. They are Zombies, because voodoo survived, and when MrDDT told Znaiika he didn't understand what he was talking about because they are revenants, and not Zombies, he was right, because contradicting yourself for the sake of victory is cool. It is entirely my fault for actually paying attention and reading what you guys say. What was I thinking! Won't happen again. :)

What are you talking about?

Ive said the whole time they are called by the devs revenants, and that the players tend to call them zombies, however, if they do add zombies it wouldnt be a problem because they already said that stuff of myth, and sorcery are part of the game now.
Zombie stuff are already in game.

Focus man really, this is just getting absurd. You state things as if they are fact, when you have some of the worst facts Ive seen. You even using Wikipedia and still getting it wrong.

WOW just WOW.

TL:DR (as clearly you do Book)
Just about anything will be in game as it could be tied to myths.
Revenants are going to be in game. People think revenants = zombies.

Book
03-28-2012, 08:11 PM
People think revenants = zombies.

And suddenly you care what people think? Nah. You just turn and twist things to suit your tiny self-involved needs. The amount of griefing you have done in game has done irreparable damage. Even the followers you surround yourself with and use up until they quit know that.

Hell, even Fatboy, one of the biggest fans of this game left and went to Wurm because he was sick of having to deal with you. Some of the people who used to post the most have stopped doing so because they're sick of dealing with you. It's a wonder to me that your mother will play this game with you. The lady is a saint.

MrDDT
03-28-2012, 08:25 PM
And suddenly you care what people think? Nah. You just turn and twist things to suit your tiny self-involved needs. The amount of griefing you have done in game has done irreparable damage. Even the followers you surround yourself with and use up until they quit know that.

Hell, even Fatboy, one of the biggest fans of this game left and went to Wurm because he was sick of having to deal with you. Some of the people who used to post the most have stopped doing so because they're sick of dealing with you. It's a wonder to me that your mother will play this game with you. The lady is a saint.

I didnt twist anything, and last I checked my tribe is still more active than you or anyone else you have played with. Ive helped more people than I can count and I get more people telling me this everyday how Ive helped them.

People quit the game before I started playing, most people did. I love how you trying to blame the few people that have left the game due to being killed, attacked, called out, and shown how to play a game that Ive done it.

If anything its me who has been griefed many times. Which Ive reported it. Our tribe has had all forms of griefing you can think of, people have tried to terraform our junk piles, pave them, willow up, clear cut our trees, remove our grass, terraform the area around us, camp us killing our members outside our tribe area, running around our tribe laughing at us, dropping pouches to prevent our terraforming/buliding projects, spammed /w's, attacking our members using our livestream to track them, lie, slander, libel, relabel baskets with sexual rude etc other things on them, guides trying to kill us using animal spawn, we have had people spam out ventrilo, we have tribes put people into our tribe to try to steal from us.
Yet you think I'm the one griefing. When you are top dawg on the server, you will attract this type of reaction from players like you and others. They dont know how to compete within the rules so they try to do other things.
Your trolling here is proof of that. Its clear to anyone you are here trying to personally bash people and not even on the topic.

Chaska
03-29-2012, 02:27 AM
From the Xsyon frontpage:

"With the disruption of the planet, ancient gods awake to once again exert their powers over the earth. The lords of nature have revived the wastelands, eradicating and subverting the remnants of modern technology. Creatures of mutation and mythology now populate the land. The ways of swords and sorcery have replaced the path of science and progress."

Who cares if the creatures of mutation and mythology are revenants or zombies?

On topic:

I only started to play this game recently so don't know with what pace the game develops. The changes i've seen sofar were mainly server stability changes wich imo are great. I don't want to play and having to wait 5 mins to log in while changing to another account or having the game crashing all the time. The game runs very smooth for me with maxed graphic settings and and stable ping of 125.
I also responded to the Guides' when they asked for people to test things for them on the testserver (bugs that were reported on the live server) . It shows, to me the dev's are putting in their time to iron out bugs ect. They have to work with a small team wich means development is not as fast as people are used to compared with the mainstream mmorpg's. For me personaly as long as i see the dev's are actualy working on the game satisfies me enough to continue to play Xsyon. I got more then enough things to do ingame and find more then enough of the "fun-factor" ingame. There are some really nice and helpful people if have come across, they are real assets to the Xsyon community, i also find the Guides more then pleasant and helpful.
I know that it's always difficult for developers to cater both "new players" and "old players". Where the newer ones (like me) are satifisfied with the current development pace the older ones can't hardly see any development.

Off topic:

I have to agree with Book's view on one member of the Xsyon community, MrDDT, and his negative impact on the community and game. I know him as a very dedicated player, always trying to offer his help towards the dev's of games he plays, trying to understand the game mechanics, bug-hunting, finding possible exploits ect. In my long "gaming-career" i have come across him on several occasions and always he managed to surround himself with controversy, to say the least, with his permaban in RV as a highlight, where he released lines of code from the test-client in a mIRC just to proof his point while argueing with other members. This lines of code where then abused by others. While clearly being wrong he then posted all the email-traffic between him and the dev just to clear his name but by doing so he dug a even deeper hole.
He does realy thinks he is, and i quote his own words: "top dawg" in Xsyon and i suspect that in his mind it means his opinion counts more then anyone else's opinion. It's a shame that he fails to see that the way he acts ingame and voices his opinions ingame and on his forums have a negative impact on the community. It's the: 'i know it better then everyone else" attitude that annoys people and even makes people quit the game.
Not surprisingly he will do anything to get it his way while he could use his knowledge about game mechanics to benefit the game and it's community rather then benefit his own needs.
I had to laugh when he tells us he is the one that has been griefed. Can't really say if it's true all i know is that i reported MrDDT several times for the same behaviour as he mentioned as being happened to him. Coming into tribes, waiting for the people to leave the tribe, killing and looting them as soon as they did, forcing them to leave the area because it was HIS area. So if you play the victim then please tell the whole story. I, as a new player, know that you can't remove grass, cut down trees or terraform inside someones tribe area, therefor you must consider everything surrounding your tribe area as yours (wich you actually keep telling people). Your Tribe indeed is one of the biggest but you know aswell as i do that most of your members are inactive as you can see on your totem on the test-server and that there are not as much active players in your tribe as you let people believe.
Get of your high horse and become a member of the community rather then always find something to argue about because it's not at all helpful to the community, it only places you in a lonely spot with only a handful of minions who adore such an attitude for their own gain.
I know my comments walk the thin line between personal bashing and trying to voice some of the concerns of the silent majority of the game. It's a shame one player can have such a negative impact on the community just by trying to be the best and trying to convince people he knows it all.
This is my personal opinion based on my own personal observations and dealings with MrDDT in this and other games and game forums. Again, i hope that things will change for the better so that everyone can enjoy the game to the fullest and have a fun time and we can build a strong Xsyon community regardless different opinions. And MrDDT please do as you say in the quote under your sig: dont go to war and then seek to win.

Let's play the game :D

ps English isn't my first language so i hope it still does make some sense.

znaiika
03-29-2012, 07:55 AM
I just hope Xsyon is smart enough to listen to most people not just one person, it is clear MrDDT want to create game without investing, and if he gets it wrong? he's not going to loose anything just move on to another game to practice his own agenda.

Either me or you is not wrong about "Revenants or Zombies" they're all fit Mythology or Fantasy, Xsion stated on front pages that game will be heavily based on reality, which reality they meant? I don't know, we wait and see.

Whorlok
03-29-2012, 08:55 AM
I think we closed this meaningless thread.who want leave the game he would go.its a absolutly kindleles theatre.
i vote: CLOSE

aliksteel
03-29-2012, 09:08 AM
i vote: CLOSE

Agreed I vote to close

NorCalGooey
03-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Not related to thread.... just figure I throw my 2 cents in here.

MrDDT just doesn't realize the damage he does. Sure he helps find bugs and does testing. In his opinion he thinks he recruits players and shows them that the game is fun, but more of the players that join his tribe quit than any other tribes. IS (Rahl) just cut down at least 50 of our immature trees, and just left the wood there. To even replant we have to clean up all this wood. I know this isn't techincally griefing, but you have griefed Shaina and Chipara before, not allowing them to leave their totems for at least half a dozen lifes (and this was before the loading speed update).

But worse than running a tribe with the worst player turnover rate (as far as how many new players quit Xsyon vs how many who don't) he is even causing players outside of his tribes to quit. This is getting to the point where Shaina doesn't even want to play any more. I'm positive she's not the only one feeling that way (or has felt that way in the past and quit because of it). Sure DDT isn't the only reason for it, but he certainly plays a big part. I honestly have trouble getting too pissed off at DDT, because I kind of feel sorry for him. I know how lonely and depressed he must be and I don't really want that for anyone. You can't change a man but a man can change himself, if he has the will to be the best man he can be. For the world and for his woman. DDT, go on a few dates, you need some of that good ol' feminine radiance to balance out your life. You need a real honest and down to earth woman so you can learn some compassion and appreciation... not just for women, but for the world.

I'm not saying this because I think you need a woman to be happy (although I personally think it helps every man feel more alive), I'm saying this because maybe you will actually feel compassionate feelings for her and then realize the importance of also being compassionate to the world. If you would treat the world with respect and compassion when she is in your presence, why would you then not realize that is also the way you are meant to treat the world when she is not there to see you? I know you have been through a lot of difficult times in your life DDT, but that doesn't mean you have to take it out on the world.

I'm telling you, the devs have told you, and I hope this is the last time, leave our village alone. If you want to do some PvP, I will come over to IS when I am online and not busy and we can do that. But seriously leave us and especially Shaina alone... because you really seem to have it out for her. I'm betting Baby told you to do it, based on my conversations with her and how she treats Shaina as well.

Very comparable to how you treated Jadzia and got banned in the past. I've always known you were a dickhead, but only recently have I truly realized that you are just unhappy.

MrDDT
03-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Not related to thread.... just figure I throw my 2 cents in here.

MrDDT just doesn't realize the damage he does. Sure he helps find bugs and does testing. In his opinion he thinks he recruits players and shows them that the game is fun, but more of the players that join his tribe quit than any other tribes. IS (Rahl) just cut down at least 50 of our immature trees, and just left the wood there. To even replant we have to clean up all this wood. I know this isn't techincally griefing, but you have griefed Shaina and Chipara before, not allowing them to leave their totems for at least half a dozen lifes (and this was before the loading speed update).

But worse than running a tribe with the worst player turnover rate (as far as how many new players quit Xsyon vs how many who don't) he is even causing players outside of his tribes to quit. This is getting to the point where Shaina doesn't even want to play any more. I'm positive she's not the only one feeling that way (or has felt that way in the past and quit because of it). Sure DDT isn't the only reason for it, but he certainly plays a big part. I honestly have trouble getting too pissed off at DDT, because I kind of feel sorry for him. I know how lonely and depressed he must be and I don't really want that for anyone. You can't change a man but a man can change himself, if he has the will to be the best man he can be. For the world and for his woman. DDT, go on a few dates, you need some of that good ol' feminine radiance to balance out your life. You need a real honest and down to earth woman so you can learn some compassion and appreciation... not just for women, but for the world.

I'm not saying this because I think you need a woman to be happy (although I personally think it helps every man feel more alive), I'm saying this because maybe you will actually feel compassionate feelings for her and then realize the importance of also being compassionate to the world. If you would treat the world with respect and compassion when she is in your presence, why would you then not realize that is also the way you are meant to treat the world when she is not there to see you? I know you have been through a lot of difficult times in your life DDT, but that doesn't mean you have to take it out on the world.

I'm telling you, the devs have told you, and I hope this is the last time, leave our village alone. If you want to do some PvP, I will come over to IS when I am online and not busy and we can do that. But seriously leave us and especially Shaina alone... because you really seem to have it out for her. I'm betting Baby told you to do it, based on my conversations with her and how she treats Shaina as well.

Very comparable to how you treated Jadzia and got banned in the past. I've always known you were a dickhead, but only recently have I truly realized that you are just unhappy.

Haha wow. So many personal attacks and just wrong info.

First I was never banned for saying anything to Jadzia.

Second is those trees Rahl cut, I talked to Zima and she said she was going to cut them down, plus I didnt tell Rahl to do it, they are less than 500m away from our tribe area too. Who's trees are they? Zima's totem is right there.

Whether or not I go on dates have no effect on anything here.

IS does have a high turn over right and I doubt its more than anyone else's heck your whole tribe quit the game what was it? 70+ people? You cant say that for my tribe.

Shaina made her bed, she attacked our members and harasses us. I've told you and her to move many times from our tribe area. About the PVP, I've killed you enough to know that you wont fight me and you just run around naked using our livestream to kill our members, then die, when our fighters show up. I dont even know who "Chipara" is.

About your facts of camping her totem, again wrong again. She came to me and I killed her in someone else's tribe area. She kept coming back.

Ive shown 100s of people how to play and of those few do stay, but look at the rest of the server.

Aud you were kicked from our tribe for griefing, and then you keep griefing even after it. You have made some of our members quit, and many of them I've convinced to stay to play.

I think this explains your whole I hate you DDT post. You were kicked and are now pissed off at it. Take your hate and move away, you guys made your bed and now you cant take the heat when the fighters show up and you not killing off new players and hiding in protected areas.

NorCalGooey
03-29-2012, 03:27 PM
See this is why I don't talk to you. You just lie and think no body is going to notice. You are like a child "Nope, you are wrong. I'm right. Always. Wahhhh."

You can't kill me DDT, and you run away every time you know I am going to kill you. I've killed you many times and have got you to run away even more. And I have 2/3 of your HP. So who cares if you kill someone 1/3 less powerful than yourself. That doesn't make you better than them at twitch combat. And if you really care that much about your false ego, even though you know its a lie, then yes DDT, you are better than me.

But the real issue here is lying about Shaina attacking your members... she doesn't even PvP or have combat skills. Yes, you were camping her totem, and also Lilliane's totem. So if she ran over to Lilliane's totem, you killed her there as well. The tiny technical detail doesn't make what I said any less correct. You were still camping our totems.

Then you lie again by saying I was kicked from your tribe for griefing when you know perfectly well I was kicked for not keeping 3/3 characters of mine in IS at all times. I was going to quit anyway had you said I wasn't allowed to make my own totem.

DDT, you have no integrity whatsoever. It's pathetic. What other people think of you (or maybe just trying to make every one think you know every thing) is so much more important than what you and all of us know is true. I can't converse with a person like that.

Carry on with your nonsense.

MrDDT
03-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Haha, killed me many times? In what dream world are you talking about here? Because its not Xsyon.

I have screenshots of Shaina attacking our members, its also on youtube video, she was in the fight with Germaina.

Camping her totem yet she runs over to her friends totem to die over and over? Yet thats me griefing her?

"I was going to quit anyways" haha, so why did you beg to be let back in and that after you were kicked was "The biggest mistake of my life"? Sorry buddy but as people know you are the one making up stories here.

NorCalGooey
03-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Yes, many times. I've actually killed you more than you have killed me, believe it or not. You aren't good at fighting when you hit someone 3 times and it takes them to 60% hp and t hey hit you 10 times and take you to 10% hp, and then you run away.

I said that was the biggest mistake of your life and that I could destroy your tribe if I wanted to (by which I meant convince members to leave your tribe to try a different side of the game)... you obviously can't read or you just love to lie.

You read all day long though, so I'm assuming it's the latter.

Like I said, can't converse with someone who doesn't feel an ounce of guilt lying to everyone. Just consider what I said in the first post here, for your own good. I'm done with you because you can't tell the truth.

MrDDT
03-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Yes, many times. I've actually killed you more than you have killed me, believe it or not. You aren't good at fighting when you hit someone 3 times and it takes them to 60% hp and t hey hit you 10 times and take you to 10% hp, and then you run away.

I said that was the biggest mistake of your life and that I could destroy your tribe if I wanted to (by which I meant convince members to leave your tribe to try a different side of the game)... you obviously can't read or you just love to lie.

You read all day long though, so I'm assuming it's the latter.

Haha, killing me to send me home while you are in my tribe for deathporting maybe? haha, because you have only killed me once, and it was mid fight with Germaina, and you were heavy lagged.

Anytime you want to fight, we can fight and we can prove it. Lets just do it winner take all the loots. Put your money where your mouth is.

You convinced Shaina to leave and join you no other members would leave. Not even your older members from your old tribe. I guess they understand how you like to grief.

Atlantica
03-29-2012, 04:23 PM
From the Xsyon frontpage:

"With the disruption of the planet, ancient gods awake to once again exert their powers over the earth. The lords of nature have revived the wastelands, eradicating and subverting the remnants of modern technology. Creatures of mutation and mythology now populate the land. The ways of swords and sorcery have replaced the path of science and progress."

Who cares if the creatures of mutation and mythology are revenants or zombies?

On topic:

I only started to play this game recently so don't know with what pace the game develops. The changes i've seen sofar were mainly server stability changes wich imo are great. I don't want to play and having to wait 5 mins to log in while changing to another account or having the game crashing all the time. The game runs very smooth for me with maxed graphic settings and and stable ping of 125.
I also responded to the Guides' when they asked for people to test things for them on the testserver (bugs that were reported on the live server) . It shows, to me the dev's are putting in their time to iron out bugs ect. They have to work with a small team wich means development is not as fast as people are used to compared with the mainstream mmorpg's. For me personaly as long as i see the dev's are actualy working on the game satisfies me enough to continue to play Xsyon. I got more then enough things to do ingame and find more then enough of the "fun-factor" ingame. There are some really nice and helpful people if have come across, they are real assets to the Xsyon community, i also find the Guides more then pleasant and helpful.
I know that it's always difficult for developers to cater both "new players" and "old players". Where the newer ones (like me) are satifisfied with the current development pace the older ones can't hardly see any development.

Off topic:

I have to agree with Book's view on one member of the Xsyon community, MrDDT, and his negative impact on the community and game. I know him as a very dedicated player, always trying to offer his help towards the dev's of games he plays, trying to understand the game mechanics, bug-hunting, finding possible exploits ect. In my long "gaming-career" i have come across him on several occasions and always he managed to surround himself with controversy, to say the least, with his permaban in RV as a highlight, where he released lines of code from the test-client in a mIRC just to proof his point while argueing with other members. This lines of code where then abused by others. While clearly being wrong he then posted all the email-traffic between him and the dev just to clear his name but by doing so he dug a even deeper hole.
He does realy thinks he is, and i quote his own words: "top dawg" in Xsyon and i suspect that in his mind it means his opinion counts more then anyone else's opinion. It's a shame that he fails to see that the way he acts ingame and voices his opinions ingame and on his forums have a negative impact on the community. It's the: 'i know it better then everyone else" attitude that annoys people and even makes people quit the game.
Not surprisingly he will do anything to get it his way while he could use his knowledge about game mechanics to benefit the game and it's community rather then benefit his own needs.
I had to laugh when he tells us he is the one that has been griefed. Can't really say if it's true all i know is that i reported MrDDT several times for the same behaviour as he mentioned as being happened to him. Coming into tribes, waiting for the people to leave the tribe, killing and looting them as soon as they did, forcing them to leave the area because it was HIS area. So if you play the victim then please tell the whole story. I, as a new player, know that you can't remove grass, cut down trees or terraform inside someones tribe area, therefor you must consider everything surrounding your tribe area as yours (wich you actually keep telling people). Your Tribe indeed is one of the biggest but you know aswell as i do that most of your members are inactive as you can see on your totem on the test-server and that there are not as much active players in your tribe as you let people believe.
Get of your high horse and become a member of the community rather then always find something to argue about because it's not at all helpful to the community, it only places you in a lonely spot with only a handful of minions who adore such an attitude for their own gain.
I know my comments walk the thin line between personal bashing and trying to voice some of the concerns of the silent majority of the game. It's a shame one player can have such a negative impact on the community just by trying to be the best and trying to convince people he knows it all.
This is my personal opinion based on my own personal observations and dealings with MrDDT in this and other games and game forums. Again, i hope that things will change for the better so that everyone can enjoy the game to the fullest and have a fun time and we can build a strong Xsyon community regardless different opinions. And MrDDT please do as you say in the quote under your sig: dont go to war and then seek to win.

Let's play the game :D

ps English isn't my first language so i hope it still does make some sense.

Nice post.

NorCalGooey
03-29-2012, 05:14 PM
You are right prokop perhaps it should been taken to whispers, but me and him both already know the truth so that wouldn't have really done anything. And while the whole Bad As Can crew may have some good ideas for the game, they are forgetting one thing.

IT DOESN'T MATTER. The development is slow because coding takes forever, and they only have so many fingers typing.

Why don't people understand that by now? Just keep checking on the game until it finally reaches the point where you want to play it. If it doesn't reach that point as quick as you would like, it doesn't mean you have to bash the developers and make whining posts on the forums about how they have no talent and don't understand their own code. I have done it before only to realize that it is pointless. They are working as hard as they can, I'm pretty sure of it. What other head developer posts 2-5 updates a week?

GuideRaguel
03-30-2012, 12:03 AM
Closed. Off Topic