PDA

View Full Version : May 15 Release?

SOFWarrior
04-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Given all the continuing issues with the game, is a May 15 launch still plausible? That's less than 3 weeks away.

Will the release date be changed?

Thanks.

DonViper
04-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Form what i have read and heard and hope for then no, i really hope they porspone it a little longer to iron out those small annoying bugs, from my experience its not always the big bugs that kills a game its the small that gets on your nerves that kills them. so i hope they know that

jahwarrior28
04-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Somewhere Virtus said it was still the planned date.

However, if its not ready I believe they will push it back. From everything Jooki has posted he wants to put out a good final product. So hopefully he will get some sleep, since you get diminishing results lol.

Valen
04-25-2010, 02:33 PM
yea honestly may 15 2011 is more plausable with the current game state.

edaw22
04-25-2010, 02:55 PM
The game will most likely be pushed back for another month.

Xsyon
04-25-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm thinking about this and I'll post more in a few days.

A lot can get done in a few weeks if we're not dealing with things like the unwanted traffic / hack attempt on the server and installer issues.

Right now my thoughts are:

If we can get all pre-order players in by May 15th and the client and server are stable we could still have the final character wipe on this date or possibly a week later.

If we do a final character wipe but we're still tweaking systems and features I will push forward the start of the 2 months free subscription time another full month.

We'll see how things go this week.

edaw22
04-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Sounds good, and btw, Jooky give me my email already! :laugh:

pid73
04-25-2010, 03:52 PM
one month more waiting is not so bad, at least not for me.
it would be worse to have a premature release and a great disappointment due to unfinished/unimplemented features...

Jadzia
04-25-2010, 04:03 PM
pid73 wrote:

it would be worse to have a premature release and a great disappointment due to unfinished/unimplemented features...
I agree, I am (and I'm sure that most of us are) willing to wait more since that means we get a better and more polished game...all those hack attempts and server problems caused unexpected delays, and took your time away from fixing bugs and testing.

Blue Pig
04-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Premature releases are to be avoided (unless you're Cryptic and have a 25 million dollar bonus for a set release date and a product that no amount of delay will help--aka STO).

Take your time.

SOFWarrior
04-25-2010, 11:11 PM
pid73 wrote:

I agree. One, two, three months - doesn't matter to me really, as long as the launch is basically smooth. No one expects perfection, that's just unattainable. But solid server/client stability, features basically working, and a minimum of bugs should be expected.

DonViper
04-26-2010, 12:11 AM
I recon i have 3-4 weeks til i get inn unless there are very few ppl that preorderd before me

Freakk ForeHire
04-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Since I am not in game yet I don't know how unpolished the game is.

That being said, it can't be worse than Mortal Online. I thoroughly enjoy it despite all the problems with it.

Darkfall, which I have played since launch, was rough arround the edges but has developed in to a game that is worth playing.

No matter how much time is spent in developement of a MMO there will always be things that need to be fixed, changed, adjusted, etc. I personally feel the sooner we are able to get in the better. Being in the game makes you committed, wanting to watch the polishing if you will. Looking forward to the things that will be introduced as it developes. Which I am sure most of us have seen.

My physophy is: If you want a near perfect gaming experience go to a console game style.

I am lookingforward to getting in the game.
I preorderd 04.08.2010 so I hope to be in sooner than later.
Look forward to seeing you there.

Shrimps
04-27-2010, 08:04 PM
pushing te game back is always better than releasing an unfinished game.

People will wait for a game to release, but they will not always give it a second chance if it's bad at release.

I know in Darkfall release was terrible, server crashes constantly, bugs, glitches, falling through the world, 24hour que times to log into the game.

They lost a lot of players who just weren't willing to give it another go.

Relandi
04-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Shrimps wrote:

People will wait for a game to release, but they will not always give it a second chance if it's bad at release.

I know in Darkfall release was terrible, server crashes constantly, bugs, glitches, falling through the world, 24hour que times to log into the game.

Darkfall had lots of things - queues were not one of them, infact they were one of the better MMO's to deal with queues - the big killer was the player/mob de-sync at release which was exploited to crap for an instant unbalance between players.

At times there were maybe, 2-3 hour queues, which lasted maybe for a few weeks, but not once in my time of playing since release on EU through to a month or two ago on NA, was there a day long queue, or even remotely close.

Regardless, I agree, people will not always give a game a second chance, but despite their moaning, they WILL wait for a game to come out through delays.

SOFWarrior
04-27-2010, 09:46 PM
I never heard of or saw a day long queue in DF, but 6 to 8 hour ones were actually common during the first few weeks.

Personally, as long as Xsyon can wait to release until it is stable, the planned features are in and working, and fairly bug free, I'll be happy with it. I'm not in that big a hurry.

But right now, it sounds like the server, client, and patcher aren't even stable (let alone bugs and unimplemented features), and launch is two and a half weeks away. That would seem to be a LOT to fix and get in to the game, and debug, in that short of time.

Okie
04-28-2010, 01:57 AM
I hope it releases on time

Valen
04-28-2010, 04:01 PM
its hard to really tell what state the game is in or how far they'll have to push it back since hardly anything is unlocked/released on the servers yet, no ai yet and half of what is in doesnt work.

SOFWarrior
04-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Valen wrote:

its hard to really tell what state the game is in or how far they'll have to push it back since hardly anything is unlocked/released on the servers yet, no ai yet and half of what is in doesnt work.

Actually, those kinds of issues pretty much define what state the game is in.

Keno
04-28-2010, 05:15 PM
I know it sucks waiting, but its better to wait and play a game that works then rush the issue. Once they can get the servers stability to a solid stage, I'm sure they will start enabling more and more content in the game and letting more players in.

reubenmunro
04-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Valen wrote:

...and half of what is in doesn't work.

Explain please? For I fail to see how your logic reached this conclusion.

Shrimps
04-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Relandi wrote:

Shrimps wrote:

Darkfall had lots of things - queues were not one of them, infact they were one of the better MMO's to deal with queues - the big killer was the player/mob de-sync at release which was exploited to crap for an instant unbalance between players.

At times there were maybe, 2-3 hour queues, which lasted maybe for a few weeks, but not once in my time of playing since release on EU through to a month or two ago on NA, was there a day long queue, or even remotely close.

Regardless, I agree, people will not always give a game a second chance, but despite their moaning, they WILL wait for a game to come out through delays.

During the first week of Darkfall me and many other in my clan were having to leave ourselves qued often from one server maintenence to another, I'm not sure why this was but it was certainly not fun.

As for the other posters comment about half of the things not working, I'm curious how you know this, even if you are in game most things haven't been turned on yet.

Valen
04-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Valen wrote:
...and half of what is in doesn't work.

Explain please? For I fail to see how your logic reached this conclusion.

ok lets see, out of what i've seen what does work is unarmed combat, tailoring, basketry, terraforming and some of toolcraft, from what i can remember all other things are turned off or you cannot acquire the things required to do them basically, like toolcraft/weaponsmithing. firestarting doesnt do anything, hunting/bonecraft will be unavailable understandably till ai is on. and any kind of armed combat doesnt have weapon damage.

Diocletian
04-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Pattern learning has been turned off, so you cant learn to make new tools, weapons, etc.
Firestarting has not been turned on.
Hunting has not been turned on, along with fauna.
Without hunting, it is really hard to get some of the materials.

Because of the interconnected nature of crafting, things dont seem to work, until they are all on.

Munion
04-29-2010, 05:36 AM
Even from what you say doesn't work it seems to follow my logic. What isn't working right now seems to be 90% because other things are turned off, not because of an actual problem with it. I'm sure some nice little bugs will show up when everything is turned on though. However, this is the first I've seen the no weapon damage mentioned? Is that turned off or is that a bug?

Thorbrand
04-29-2010, 06:01 AM
May 15th was zero day for wiping the servers. Never was stated as a release day. Reread what Jooky posted and you will understand.

SOFWarrior
04-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Thorbrand wrote:

May 15th was zero day for wiping the servers. Never was stated as a release day. Reread what Jooky posted and you will understand.

They have a tendency to stray away from using commonly accepted terminology here. I'm not sure why.

"We've decided to set a final wipe "Year Zero" on May 15th. If necessary we will push this forward until the game is fully ready. Our goal is to continue testing, tweaking and improving Xsyon without forcing a rush to the finish.

For pre-order subscribers the 2 month free game time will begin after this final wipe."

The final wipe after beta play, with free game time starting on the day of the wipe.

Call it whatever you want. Hell, call it a chicken salad sandwich instead of a release if that makes you happy, or for some inexplicable reason you feel the need to obfuscate.

If it looks like a release, and sounds like a release, and acts like a release, then it's a release, by every measureable MMO standard.

Thorbrand
04-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Most MMO's take a week after final wipe before release or OB. So assuming May 15th isn't logical. I would have assumed around May 22 or even June 1st myself.

cbowsin
04-29-2010, 10:01 AM
SOFWarrior wrote:

If it looks like a release, and sounds like a release, and acts like a release, then it's a release, by every measureable MMO standard.

I agree with SOF here. When I pre-ordered that was my understanding as well. If it is not then they might as well say, 'we will be charging for beta, but the first 2 months will be free'.

Thorbrand
04-29-2010, 10:04 AM
OH I agree when I pre-ordered I had the understanding that the game was mostly complete and ready for launch. Now we are testing the game waiting to see if the features make it in. They should however once the server issues are resolved.

Derek
04-29-2010, 10:27 AM
In their defense, they never said the features were all debugged and 100% complete (they said most features were 80% complete). They've been very honest with the state of the game from what I can tell. And, in all honesty, does it really matter what they call it? As long as they keep up the current development effort and good communication after release date I don't see a problem with it.

Edit: I will gladly support this indie company through development with my subscription money as long as they stay honest and open like they have been doing.

Modru Kinslayer
04-29-2010, 03:29 PM
SOFWarrior wrote:

Thorbrand wrote:

They have a tendency to stray away from using commonly accepted terminology here. I'm not sure why.

"We've decided to set a final wipe "Year Zero" on May 15th. If necessary we will push this forward until the game is fully ready. Our goal is to continue testing, tweaking and improving Xsyon without forcing a rush to the finish.

For pre-order subscribers the 2 month free game time will begin after this final wipe."

The final wipe after beta play, with free game time starting on the day of the wipe.

Call it whatever you want. Hell, call it a chicken salad sandwich instead of a release if that makes you happy, or for some inexplicable reason you feel the need to obfuscate.

I want to call it bacon.

SOFWarrior
04-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Modru Kinslayer wrote:

SOFWarrior wrote:

Thorbrand wrote:

I want to call it bacon.

Bacon is overpowered. Too delicious!

Thundertrod
05-08-2010, 08:14 AM
I got in last week and I wood say that this game needs a year at least mayby two befor it is ready to go gold.The only part of the game that is ready are the emotes.

In my opion having the emotes done first is like pinting the walls before there is a roof to keep out the rain.

REVKhA
05-08-2010, 08:17 AM
i wood say you are clueless

Keno
05-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Thundertrod wrote:

I got in last week and I wood say that this game needs a year at least mayby two befor it is ready to go gold.The only part of the game that is ready are the emotes.

In my opion having the emotes done first is like pinting the walls before there is a roof to keep out the rain.

Playing the game for 3 days and saying it needs at least a year is fucking ridiculous bro.

Oakstead
05-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Thundertrod wrote:

Hi Frosty! Nice to see the Sundered Guard is still around.

Still, I think you are being rather hasty in your judgments given that the devs have stated that the features are ready to roll out. They have experienced delays due to things they could not test internally such as server stability, hackers, and launcher issues. This patch due out today should solve those issues and we should see a rapid roll out of the features. If that does not happen then you will be right.

Farmerbob
05-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Thundertrod wrote:

:blink:

I have also been ingame, and have seen that the game framework looks well done. Right now they are fixing the inevitable bugs that come when you go from inhouse testing to beta testing. There is also going to be tweaking and changes to the GM tool that they decided to modify and give to players (terraforming) PVP is certainly going to need much love.

This game is a couple months from release, IMHO. Thats based on what I saw before the patch we are expecting today.

A year to develop this game from where it is now seems absurd, unless we were not given real data about how much is ready, but not available to players yet.

If you care to defend your statement of a year minimum, I would like to hear your reasoning.

tredo
05-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Thundertrod wrote:

Speaking in public without learning to spell just makes your case look that much worse! The game is coming along very well with the freedom the game offers and the code that goes behind all of it, I'm sure is a long and boring road.. but they are working very hard and you knocking their efforts... perhaps another game is where you would find a more suitable audience for your criticism.

REVKhA
05-08-2010, 11:27 AM
tredo wrote:

Thundertrod wrote:

Speaking in public without learning to spell just makes your case look that much worse! The game is coming along very well with the freedom the game offers and the code that goes behind all of it, I'm sure is a long and boring road.. but they are working very hard and you knocking their efforts... perhaps another game is where you would find a more suitable audience for your criticism.

i kinda gave the guy some hint about it... i mean seriously english is not even my native language and i do not type that way at all. It's a shame if it is for him.

pid73
05-08-2010, 12:52 PM
I often have the impression that many forums are full of stuff like that. Most probably kids not bothering about spelling or lazy people trying to type faster than they can...

pid73
05-08-2010, 12:54 PM
15 may is just a week away...
My clearvoyance skill tells me that it will be postponed to... 15 june :D
Good for me, keep up the good work, kick out the bugs and put in *ALL* features listed!

Keno
05-08-2010, 12:56 PM
pid73 wrote:

15 may is just a week away...
My clearvoyance skill tells me that it will be postponed to... 15 june :D
Good for me, keep up the good work, kick out the bugs and put in *ALL* features listed!

It's already been delayed until June 15th.

Thundertrod
05-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Farmerbob wrote:

Thundertrod wrote:

:blink:

I have also been ingame, and have seen that the game framework looks well done. Right now they are fixing the inevitable bugs that come when you go from inhouse testing to beta testing. There is also going to be tweaking and changes to the GM tool that they decided to modify and give to players (terraforming) PVP is certainly going to need much love.

This game is a couple months from release, IMHO. Thats based on what I saw before the patch we are expecting today.

A year to develop this game from where it is now seems absurd, unless we were not given real data about how much is ready, but not available to players yet.

If you care to defend your statement of a year minimum, I would like to hear your reasoning.

Experience, Shadowbane, Dark and light, Dark fall, Mortal online, Age of Connan.
All have said that they have features ready but not turned on. All failed to deliver on some or all of the not turned on Features. It is entirely possible that Notorious has all the parts ready in module form That does not mean they will work when plunged in and definitely does not mean they will work together.

This is from the FAQ

6.) What is Prelude? Prelude is the first chapter of Xsyon. It is a time of discovery, building, and exploration and will continue through summer as the game evolves to include more content and features.

Hear Notorious them selves are saying there going to do a staged launch, with content and features add over a course of time. This is usually mandated by funding No one but EA wants to ship a incomplete product but the money for payroll has to come from some were. I wood suggest trying to talk to these guys http://www.indie-fund.com/ and wait to publish has complete game has possible.

I don't want to offend any one but it is my opinion that Xsyon is a enjoyable game worth paying for if we can wait for it to be ready. If I did not have hope I wood not have preorderd, But the longer the game is delayed the better at this point

thorram
05-10-2010, 02:51 PM
I just pre-ordered a few days ago and and am glad to read they are actively dealing with hackers.I played DF and the hacks just get on my last nerve!I think what destroys a game is kiddies et al who think they have to cheat and hack to win instead of playing on the same playing field as everyone else.I like the concept and so I pre-ordered.Do your thing Xsyon devs...ROCK ON!I look forward to playing. :woohoo:

Zarma
05-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Hacks on Darkfall? Sounds like someone met the boot of a pker one too many times ;). I think you mean macros, which were much more rampant in that game...

It's been pushed back to june 15th for a while now, but people who ordered around early april are supposed to be getting in mid may.

Veldern
05-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Zarma wrote:

It's been pushed back to june 15th for a while now, but people who ordered around early april are supposed to be getting in mid may. Happy to hear that (april 1st preorder), but haven't seen it anywhere myself... link please?

Diocletian
05-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Veldern wrote:

Happy to hear that (april 1st preorder), but haven't seen it anywhere myself... link please?

Please read the announcement stickies (http://www.xsyon.com/forums/5-announcements/5958-from-the-developers#18910) more closely in the future, so you don't have to be the last to find out.

Veldern
05-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Ah, forgot about that. Read it a week ago and it slipped my mind after the troubles over the last weekend.

Farmerbob
05-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Zarma wrote:

Hacks on Darkfall? Sounds like someone met the boot of a pker one too many times ;). I think you mean macros, which were much more rampant in that game...

It's been pushed back to june 15th for a while now, but people who ordered around early april are supposed to be getting in mid may.

There were hacks on DF for certain - ran into a couple myself. The backstick hack where your enemy was permantly directly behind you no matter how fast you turned was very popular until more people started using horses, then hackers whined about the power of horse kicks which would actually hit them.

Then there was the blip hack which would reposition people to get out of your melee range. At one point I watched one guy use this hack ruthlessly and absurdly, blipping away from one person after another then blipping again when blipping from one person put them in range of someone else. It was like watching Nightcrawler from the X-Men.

Unfortunately we have yet to see how Xsyon will deal with client hacking. External DoS attacks is a completely different matter.

thorram
05-11-2010, 11:19 AM
right Farmerbob,teleport hacks,targeting hacks and on and on and on....ohhh the all popular lag switch too =D.I had plenty of gold so dieing and losing gear wasnt a problem getting pk'd.just buy more =D.I just like an even playing field and no cheating is even.=p
I look foprward to playing Xsyon =)

Dominus
05-12-2010, 02:10 AM
So, will they still releaseo on 15th of May?
I'm kinda busy IRL and don't have time to check the game yet.

Okie
05-12-2010, 02:38 AM
Dominus wrote:

it got pushed back to june 15th......... But I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed back again since they dont have much in game yet.

Dominus
05-12-2010, 06:19 AM
Nice, so I can take it easy until then :) Thanks.

zzro
05-12-2010, 07:18 PM

You hit him for 33 damage. BARF! POW! KERBLAM! BOINK! ZOT! BAM!
You gain 4 Sarcasm.

sicarius
05-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Okie wrote:

Dominus wrote:

it got pushed back to june 15th......... But I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed back again since they dont have much in game yet.

I'm still hoping for a mid/late may beta entry. I still can't get any idea on whether or not all pre-orders will be in by then. Not that I'm expecting it but anyone got an opinion?

eikona
05-12-2010, 09:31 PM
sicarius wrote:

Okie wrote:

Dominus wrote:

I'm still hoping for a mid/late may beta entry. I still can't get any idea on whether or not all pre-orders will be in by then. Not that I'm expecting it but anyone got an opinion?

I'm full of opinions. Facts, not so much. :)

sicarius
05-13-2010, 06:26 AM
eikona wrote:

sicarius wrote:

Okie wrote:

Dominus wrote:

I'm full of opinions. Facts, not so much. :)

lol, I predict, though I am not ingame, that features will begin to be rolled out soon. If the dev team keeps up this inhuman work ethic we can be sure that the game will see an exponentially quicker progression in game features and total stability.