PDA

View Full Version : 10 easy things which could change Xsyon in a day.

Creator
04-04-2012, 05:34 AM
After a lot of thought, and discussion with a few people, I was looking at why we do things, what motivates us, etc. Here are 10 things which could be done using existing systems, or with nearly no effort which could change game play to give more purpose to the day to day things we do in xsyon.

These are easy things with high impact / low workload. Not necessary the most important problems atm.

#10 - Objects off Tribe Land No Lock / No protection
They say this is coming, just get it over with. So we can destroy all the 1000's of useless forgotten bins across the map. Including retarded camp fires.
Benefits: Less server load, cleaner landscape, fun looting bins of those who want to put their stuff outside of tribe.

#9 - No Eat/ No Drink - YOU DIE!!!
This is true of real life, after 3 in game days of no eating or drinking, you should bite the bullet, and kill over. Otherwise eating drinking, isn't that important other than keeping stam up. You could go 9 hours ( between deaths after bar becomes empty. ) of game play without eat or drink before dying from this! completely reasonable!
Benefits: encourage food/water use, more realistic, more challenge.

#8 - Acid Rain! - health dmg!
Buildings have no utility other than some storage atm, they are merely cosmetic and need more purpose. Acid rain which can dmg health or potentially kill, would create reason to seek shelter! Not all rain is an acid rain.
Benefit: Reason to have a building, added realism and challenge.

#7 - Remove Tree Spawn
People easily mass plant them all the time, you can gather the the seeds easy enough. But right now trees are overrunning the landscapes, when chopped down no one wants to deal with the massive amounts of logs. Benefit: Easing server load, less cluster and clutter. Less log litter.

#6 - Cart Weight Reduction
It seems ridiculous to me to have a 20 slot cart when you can become over encumbered with a 5 slot cart, other than stationary storage, which buildings are supposed to do. Trading, Travel, Relocation would all be much easier if cart weight was significantly reduce, it is on wheels!
Benefit: Make all those extra slots on a cart useful, encourage cart travel, trade.

#5 - Packing Tents
Smaller tents should be able to pack up into a slot in a cart / or wear on back like branches etc without dis-assembly. Larger structures i understand needing to deconstruct. But to lose mats just cause you want to pack your tent and move to play in a style as a nomadic survivor seems ridiculous especially for cloth tents!
Benefit: Encourage nomadic exploration. More realistic for hunting and gatherer tribes vs. agricultural or larger war tribes.

#4 - Leaders & Officers Move Objects
Right now if tribe leader goes offline for a week and someone leaves something around in your tribe this can be messy and officers can do nothing. There should be tools at discretion of the tribe leader to allow movement of tribe objects, bins, and other objects owned by tribe members.
Benefit: Empowerment to officers, less load on leaders

#3 - Remove ability to plant trees on others tribelands
This acts as an ability to grief other tribes, by planting trees clogging up areas and purposefully wasting peoples time to deal with mass planting in a tribal area by someone who is not a member.
removal of stumps, baby tree stumps hard to remove and are almost invisible cause collision barrier. Stumps should disappear when tree is cut down. One extra needless step.
Benefit: Avoid Greifing, protection of tribal area, removal of stump problems caused that has no benefit.

#2 - Pre Order Become Cosmetic Novelty
Over powered naked ganking, never decay's, is detrimental to game community as a whole. Undermines weapon economy, gives unfair pvp advantage. These items should become cosmetic bragging rights not tools/weapons to use for abuse against newer players. Pre-Order players have enjoyed the utility of these weapons long enough.
Benefit: removal of naked ganking, equal risk for all players in combat!

#1 - Include Online Indicator for Social Tab
Being able to see who is online of your friends, tribe mates etc would be great! The Social Box is already there, a simple Green/Grey colour for their name would be enough. Additionally later on a hide tick box could be enabled for peoples own privacy if they don't want to be seen online. But this allows people to get in contact with each other easier than typing fail whispers, asking in global or tribe.
Benefits: Easier to when you can connect, communicate with others online.

These once again are very easy to make changes with systems already in place, which would be high impact low workload. Not necessarily the highest priority issue, but great short term immediate changes to be implemented for maximal impact on game play for the better.

cheers,

Creator

unclean666
04-04-2012, 05:52 AM
Good list while idk if it gives more meaning to what we do in game it could sure improve gameplay for the better with lil to no draw back to render other players who might not play the same way as you or I.

znaiika
04-04-2012, 06:13 AM
Yes, more restrictions, Xsion is going to be really successful game.
And you want population? dream on.
On some? I do agree.
#10 you will have some fun for some time, then you will be upset again, and ask Xsion to remove permissions on tribe land as well?
I think you need to stop being a kid.
What if someone make tons of baskets on tribe land? is that consider cluttering? How are you going to destroy those, or if tons of people join Xsion, and start making tons of things, is that consider cluttering as well? I think you have poor explanation about baskets outside of tribes, it's least you have to worry about, if you have no people to play.
#8 When I"m traveling, there is no place to hide, is there?
About "over encumbered" if this is fixed? Then it would be easier to pick logs after removing trees. Need for planting trees near your tribe, when you have limit to plant? you have to go out further and cut trees to be able to plant closer to your totem because of weight, "over encumbered".

Creator
04-04-2012, 06:47 AM
Game needs more challenge, more difficulty this isn't Minecraft free build Znaiika. Also if you want to throw phrases like "stop being a kid" please inform me exactly about my behavior is so childish to you? I don't much appreciate my opinions being insulted by statements which hold no merit.

You want to insult others, and claim their opinions or suggestions are so ignorant, At least my ideas are inspired by more realistic real world logic and real world function than yours.

In your world people can live forever without need to eat or drink, just like polar bears can't attack in water real life... remember that thread? remember the you tube video I posted, verifying your statement was incorrect? You want to insult others, and claim their opinions or suggestions are so dumb, childish or unworthy, yet you do little to provide any logic or functional fact behind your request, opinions or suggestions.

- Who am I kidding of course grass baskets are unbreakable and theft proof they are made of magical unicorn grass! Not actual steel lock boxes or locked durable containers!

Also EVERYONE is going to leave game just cause they have to take a risk by placing a basket outside of tribe land, that it could be destroyed or looted.. oh me oh my! How terrible! How unrealistic that if you can build a campfire randomly outside your tribe area that it not be INVINCIBLE! obviously everyone will rage quit without invincible camp fires, and magically protected unicorn grass baskets!

If I can read your threads about claiming an animal can't attack in water, when they actually can, without insulting your intelligence or making insulting degrading comments towards you I request you make room for the same respect with me znaikka. If you have counter arguments, then provide some logic with it, rather than it doesn't fit in Znaiika's Dream Realm of Ultimate Gaming Paradise!

Who is dreaming now, and when you look at it closely who is being the real child?

Aiden
04-04-2012, 07:21 AM
I have already put znaikka on my ignore list...the guy is completely out of touch. Creator, good list there. I know they're waiting to give people a chance to collect up their stuff before everything outside of tribes goes public, but I think you're right. Tribal decay I understand warning people about..that random basket they dropped on the ground a year ago...not so much.

Yeah, I basically support all of these suggestions. :)

agoddard82
04-04-2012, 07:26 AM
I agree with every point you have made Creator with the exception of one.

This acts as an ability to grief other tribes, by planting trees clogging up areas and purposefully wasting peoples time to deal with mass planting in a tribal area by someone who is not a member.
removal of stumps, baby tree stumps hard to remove and are almost invisible cause collision barrier. Stumps should disappear when tree is cut down. One extra needless step.
Benefit: Avoid Greifing, protection of tribal area, removal of stump problems caused that has no benefit.

Let me clarify, the automatic removal of tree stumps I am not contesting, as I see it as a useless function in it's current form as well. But I am against adding any further restrictions or 'immunities' on tribe lands. I personally feel that tribe lands are already far too safe and impervious to outside influence. But this also further ties into my opinion on what people call 'griefing'. I believe that this term is incorrectly applied to far too many circumstances. In an open world sandbox that is designed to be dangerous and high risk (which to my understanding, is what Xsyon was intended to be) I consider what most people call griefing an inability to cope with the harsh realities of a sandbox environment. In a sandbox there should be nearly no restriction on the methods used by the community to wage a campaign against another group of players with the exception of exploiting the game client or server packets. Therefore I cannot support adding any additional safety bonuses or restrictions on outside influence to tribe lands. In fact I would like to see restrictions removed entirely and not by an optional system like has been suggested and appears to be in the process of implementation as we speak.

That aside, I think the suggestions you have made should be implemented as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Yosef Harm of Industrial Strength

inhabit
04-04-2012, 07:32 AM
Nice list Creator

#10 Yip baskets need to go however, rather than instant destroy aka building destruction, i would like to see basket decay switched on as an initial step to get rid of outdoor baskets ,then they can progress to add more containers (chests for example) and a lockpicking/looting system at same time.

#9 again i like this idea and it can be improved with the future cooking system. Hopefully making fish etc valuable for trading etc

#8 Not acid rain, but i think this may be resolved with the in works comfort system, give reasons for players not to run around naked in the snow may encourage and increase in trading for tailoring and leathercraft hopefully depending how its added to game.

#7 Remove tree spawn for the short term or until they properly think about and improve forestry skill. Ive always seen this as a rush job and all they have given the players is a “Guide Power” tree spawning tool rather thn a well thought out planting system.

#6 At the moment i can carry 20 short logs or 20 leather, metal etc stacks which is handy for me. Carts do at the moment appear like a short distance haulage system. traveling longer distances is a pain in all honesty especially combined with the current resting system.

#5 Nice idea I love exploring, what were you thinking when you plant this tent would it give you a small radius safe zone eg less than a homestead something like 5m radius enough to protect a cart or some baskets if cart and basket decay was on? Also no terraforming ability in this area!!!
Also new players do you give them one of these at start, so rather than then having to place a totem they can explore and place down a tent for a bit to see if they like the area then move on no harm done, tent could hold say 3 baskets or so again if basket decay was on.

Not sure what this is so no comment lol

#3 agreed

#2Agree

#1 Not really fussed for this but would obviously use it if it was there :)

Baby
04-04-2012, 07:43 AM
I think these ideas are good as a whole and although not one in itself is ground breaking, as a whole would certainly improve playing in the game. If they are easy fixes, I would like to see them happen! Thx for the post Creator!

Jadzia
04-04-2012, 07:51 AM
#10 Yip baskets need to go however, rather than instant destroy aka building destruction, i would like to see basket decay switched on as an initial step to get rid of outdoor baskets ,then they can progress to add more containers (chests for example) and a lockpicking/looting system at same time.

#8 Not acid rain, but i think this may be resolved with the in works comfort system, give reasons for players not to run around naked in the snow may encourage and increase in trading for tailoring and leathercraft hopefully depending how its added to game.

With these additions it would make a great list, Creator, I'd love to see it implemented. #8 and #9 are my favourites, would add so much more meaning to the game.

Baby
04-04-2012, 07:54 AM
I'm with you Luthais on number 5! That sounds great! I believe it would help the many new people feeling they have a "home area of their own", yet not as drastic as placing a totem, which would indicate a more permanent placement. I love the idea that no terriforming could be done, as they would be just in the wilderness roaming or exploring with this idea.

China
04-04-2012, 07:55 AM
#10 - Objects off Tribe Land No Lock / No protection
Agree

#9 - No Eat/ No Drink - YOU DIE!!!
Agree

#8 - Acid Rain! - health dmg!
Agree - Need to implement portable tent idea at the same time

#7 - Remove Tree Spawn
Agree - I've been saying this since the day they patched in tree farming

#6 - Cart Weight Reduction
Agree

#5 - Packing Tents
Agree

#4 - Leaders & Officers Move Objects
Agree - but I'm not sure this isn't covered in the permissions that you set up for rank

Disagree - Fence it in if you don't want intruders on your tribe lands

Disagree - I carry a pre-order weapon & a Supreme Axe, there is very little difference in the amount of damage from the pre-order one and the Supreme. I think you will always have "nakid gankers" - it seems more a personality disorder than a weapon balance thing to me

#1 - Include Online Indicator for Social Tab
Agree - I would also like them to add under tribe members, when they were online last

China

Uh... Strangers... I hate this. Do they want to share what they got or take what you got? Do you say 'hi' or do you blow them away?

Jadzia
04-04-2012, 08:02 AM
Disagree - I carry a pre-order weapon & a Supreme Axe, there is very little difference in the amount of damage from the pre-order one and the Supreme. I think you will always have "nakid gankers" - it seems more a personality disorder than a weapon balance thing to me

China
I think the main problem with preorder weapons is not that they are overpowered, but that they are not lootable. So if you kill a naked ganker who has a preorder weapon he loses absolutely nothing when dieing.

China
04-04-2012, 08:04 AM
I think the main problem with preorder weapons is not that they are overpowered, but that they are not lootable. So if you kill a naked ganker who has a preorder weapon he loses absolutely nothing when dieing.

I see what you are saying Jadzia, but there is little diff between nakid gankers with a pre-order or without a pre-order, which reinforces my point that it's just a personality disorder ;)

Tesla
04-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Great ideas to add to the ejoyment of the game. Z, you are way off base once again. I think I will finally stop reading your posts.

10. Yes, for Xsyon's sake, remove permissions on bins out in the world. Not to mention that alot were set to public already only to get set to tribe after the permissions/locks debacle.

9. I haven't eaten or drank in several months in game. When it becomes important, I will have to put a sticky note on my computer to remind myself to seek hydration and nutrition.

8. Acid Rain, I like it, I want to feel secure in my cozy little homestead that i spent so much time building.

7. Again, for Xsyon's sake, enough with the tree spawns and forest walls already. Please.

6. The 20 slot cart is good for hauling logs. Other than that, Yeah it would be nice to travel with more stuff in my cart since I really don't use it for much right now.

5. I love camping and such, but unless a tent is actully going to provide some benefit, i wont bother with carrying one around.

4. Agreed, this could be a problem when returning players come back and are limited to what they can do in their tribe if the leader is still inactive.

3. Have to disagree on this. If you cant keep people from planting on your lands or dont have the interest to clear them or build gates, maybe you deserve a few extra willows.

2. Undecided here. I would miss my preorder weapon. I suppose I can live without it.

1. Sure, why not improve the lines of communication as long as it is not to much work for the devs.

Fyrex
04-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Hey Creator,

Love all these suggestions and hope they will be implemented.

unclean666
04-04-2012, 08:25 AM
#3 people seem to think its ok to plant on others land i just dont like the baby stumps but i guess they could only cut them down around the tribe but at the same time if I can plant a tree why not pull grass,junk or even cut the tree down? It has no reason to it unless you can do all the rest of that type of stuff as well.

znaiika
04-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Game needs more challenge, more difficulty this isn't Minecraft free build Znaiika. Also if you want to throw phrases like "stop being a kid" please inform me exactly about my behavior is so childish to you? I don't much appreciate my opinions being insulted by statements which hold no merit.

You want to insult others, and claim their opinions or suggestions are so ignorant, At least my ideas are inspired by more realistic real world logic and real world function than yours.

In your world people can live forever without need to eat or drink, just like polar bears can't attack in water real life... remember that thread? remember the you tube video I posted, verifying your statement was incorrect? You want to insult others, and claim their opinions or suggestions are so dumb, childish or unworthy, yet you do little to provide any logic or functional fact behind your request, opinions or suggestions.

- Who am I kidding of course grass baskets are unbreakable and theft proof they are made of magical unicorn grass! Not actual steel lock boxes or locked durable containers!

Also EVERYONE is going to leave game just cause they have to take a risk by placing a basket outside of tribe land, that it could be destroyed or looted.. oh me oh my! How terrible! How unrealistic that if you can build a campfire randomly outside your tribe area that it not be INVINCIBLE! obviously everyone will rage quit without invincible camp fires, and magically protected unicorn grass baskets!

If I can read your threads about claiming an animal can't attack in water, when they actually can, without insulting your intelligence or making insulting degrading comments towards you I request you make room for the same respect with me znaikka. If you have counter arguments, then provide some logic with it, rather than it doesn't fit in Znaiika's Dream Realm of Ultimate Gaming Paradise!

Who is dreaming now, and when you look at it closely who is being the real child?

If you want to talk about realistic? then tell me, how can acid rain cause you to die but not killing animals, trees and fauna, or fish die from poisoned rivers? caused by acid rain.
How come magically you will destroy baskets outside of tribes but on tribe territory they are untouched? protected by magical force.
Sorry to call you a kid, I meant all people who are kid minded and want free stuff from someone else work.
I agree, people should not place their baskets all over map, but withing 500 meter radius "" daily work zone "" they should be able to, or at-least withing maximum totem radius " of a large tribe ".
With your opinion more people would quit then join, you will never have a good economy, economy works when you have a lot of people.

Jadzia
04-04-2012, 08:46 AM
I see what you are saying Jadzia, but there is little diff between nakid gankers with a pre-order or without a pre-order, which reinforces my point that it's just a personality disorder ;) I definitely don't argue with that ;)

If you want to talk about realistic? then tell me, how can acid rain cause you to die but not killing animals, trees and fauna, or fish die from poisoned rivers? caused by acid rain.
How come magically you will destroy baskets outside of tribes but on tribe territory they are untouched? protected by magical force.

That's why I believe its better to implement in the way inhabit suggested as in baskets decay away in some days and rain causes problems through the comfort system. That is logical and 'realistic' too, baskets on tribe lands won't decay if they are under a roof. Animals don't catch cold when they are wet or when they sleep in the snow during winter, but both of that could be lethal for a human being.

Creator
04-04-2012, 09:54 AM
I appreciate all the feed back from everyone. I can understand what you guys mean with #3 and some of the other disagreement points. It is good to hear from you all, and I hope the devs are reading.

znaiika
04-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Disagree - I carry a pre-order weapon & a Supreme Axe, there is very little difference in the amount of damage from the pre-order one and the Supreme. I think you will always have "nakid gankers" - it seems more a personality disorder than a weapon balance thing to me.

I agree with you China.
People had a chance to buy game before due day to receive pre-order weapons, they chose not to, then they loose the right to take away what some people got, it's a gift for those who took a risk and bought the game before release, all games do that.
This should not be discussed.

Yes Jadzia, weather effects, like heat and cold, twisters and storms, but not acid rain.

If you people want game difficulty to be a challenge for vets? then make everyone same statuses same HP same everything except skills.
When noobs start new game they should all have same statuses as a vets have, at least that would be fair.

Willowhawk
04-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Again I am totally on board with you creator. :)

znaiika
04-04-2012, 10:47 AM

Instead of removing/destroying stumps? Why not chop it for firewood? When fire decay in place they would become useful. Or even chop them down to make mallet handles instead of branches, and use branches for firewood.

inhabit
04-04-2012, 10:48 AM
If you people want game difficulty to be a challenge for vets? then make everyone same statuses same HP same everything except skills.
When noobs start new game they should all have same statuses as a vets have, at least that would be fair.

Hp shouldnt be identical, it should depend on the strenght/fortitude/height/weight of your character you selected during creation, we dont want everyone to be the same, balanced YES, but with different individual character builds so you can play combat the way you prefer,fact is stats/skills/combat as a complete system needs alot of work so all character arent the same build and use same fighting technique, currently combat characters/hunters are forced to craft to gain HP which is wrong.

MrDDT
04-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Great ideas, some have been said before for a while. I agree with them.

I also think there are more important things. So unless these are very easy, the other things should be first.

You really going to derail this thread because of this again?

You think the only way to give vets a challenge is to make them have noob HP? Can you please show me some MMORPG's that do this? Every MMORPG I know have character progression. Part of that progression is HP increase, skills increase, damage increase, and protection increases.

New players shouldnt be as powerful as vets in an MMORPG. It just needs to be a better gap (slightly smaller) or reasons why vets wouldnt want to kill newer players, or reasons why vets dont even want to be in the areas that new players are.

MrDDT
04-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Actually, the difference is that there is no risk when using the pre-order weapons. I can set my spawn 5 minutes from your tribe and endlessly raid you with a pre-order weapon at absolutely no cost, and there is a decent chance of me causing some damage. If I lose a supreme weapon to you every time I die, then it's just me giving you items.

100% yes, there is nothing to risk in this game but loot and when you remove the loot, its just no risk at all. Preorders are so good that you dont need anything else. Also being that armor isnt very effective, most of the combat comes from a good weapon and skilled up player, there is no way to stop this type of naked preorder attacks. You are at the will of the other player getting bored.

If people had to wear good armor and use good weapons to even stand a chance vs other players in armor and with good weapons, then at least the winner of the fights would gain something and the defenders could over time stop the attacks.

Willowhawk
04-04-2012, 01:42 PM
#10, yup, super easy fix with a lot of benefits.

#9, is eating food and drink every X minutes really a challenge? Think about this from a gameplay perspective -- what does this add? Just another menial task you have to perform while you perform your other menial tasks... This is taking things a bit too far. If you want to encourage use of food and drink, you should ENCOURAGE USE (buffs), not DISCOURAGE NOT USING (death).

#8, another silly one. Do you really want to have to run into your building and do nothing for X minutes every X hours? What is this adding to the game? That's a really weak "purpose" for buildings.

#7, seems like something could be done to just FIX the tree spawn instead, but whatever... seems like the benefits would be pretty good on this change.

#6, if 20 slot carts have a bunch of room for items that they can't actually carry, then that seems stupid. Obviously their weight capacity should match their carrying capacity.

#5, on its own, this change would literally do nothing. So you can slap a tent up in the wild -- why? If these were used as single-use mobile spawn points or something, maybe... What purpose would this have?

#4, makes sense.

#3, doesn't make sense that you can't attack or steal on tribelands but you can plant trees. If you're going to restrict actual gameplay, may as well restrict griefing...

#2, makes sense. Pre-order weapons shouldn't give a huge gameplay advantage. Unfair to new players, potential for griefing, etc.

#1, makes sense. What are you going to do with these buds once you know they're online though? Doesnt really change much about the game...

Eating and Drinking already effect your stats and ability levels with certain actions, and eventually when cooking comes in there will be food bonus so why not have "not eating at all" harm you and eventually kill you? A gradual loss of HPs until you eat something.

Comfort is planned already, and indoors your stats will be better for crafting etc. So if stop along your travels to make some items for another player, you can throw up a tent and gain better stats, and make better items.

Knowing your friends are online makes it easier to plan hunts etc.

znaiika
04-04-2012, 02:07 PM
I just don't believe that pre-order weapons are so powerful as the once you can craft, that doesn't make any sense.
It's just plain simple with you guys, you just want that weapon, but you did not wanted to buy game before lunch.
What would be so special about "gift" if you would loos it? or someone would take it away from you.
You guys just jealous and have nothing else to do.

MrDDT
04-04-2012, 02:11 PM
I just don't believe that pre-order weapons are so powerful as the once you can craft, that doesn't make any sense.
It's just plain simple with you guys, you just want that weapon, but you did not wanted to buy game before lunch.
What would be so special about "gift" if you would loos it? or someone would take it away from you.
You guys just jealous and have nothing else to do.

I have 3 preorder accounts. All with preorder weapons.

The weapons shouldnt be as strong as player crafted weapons and they are. Only 1 weapon is stronger and its only for a very short amount of time. Once it decays a little its no longer stronger and you can lose it in a fight, its also only very very slightly stronger.

Odd that you are backing this as you are so anti griefing yet you dont see how this is used to grief other players.

tomduril
04-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Good points - especially like the idea of acid rain :D

But as suggested, this will probably come with the comfort rework.
Why else is there "water protection", "Cold protection", "Heat Protection" and "Comfort increase" ...

Also a ++ on the public bins - I agree that very few people will actually remember where they put their baskets - and even if they remember - like MrDDTs, Baby, Dang ... (I have seen a lot of their baskets all over the map) ... the time when the baskets were open (about 8 days or so) - I inspected the contents of a lot of public baskets - and its mainly poor quality, random findings with no to minor usablity - you wont find a basket in the public with "shemes" or "10.000 nails" in it :P.

Jordy is most probably working hard on the stability and scaling of the server part - so that, when totem decay is turned on, and some players come back - they will not be welcomed by a laggy server and unstable client (and hopefully most/some of them will stay and pay monthly fees).

This is probably the last chance for the game to get a sufficient player basis, so that servers and the developers can be payed (allthough this project is a "dream come true" project for Jordy, I believe he would very much like to get paid for the work he did). If you calculate a bit the income vs costs (even with optimistic numbers) you will figure out, that the current player basis is too small to support the game development - at best it probably covers the montly costs for the servers at the moment.

So lets all be patient - when Jordy believes that he can risk the whole project/game by sending out the "totem decay" e-mails and managing the returning players (will probably be a lot of them) - then all the baskets will be set to public not much after that - until then, we all will have to live with a devasted world (also fits the Xsyon story BTW ...).

When I roam the Xsyon world and see all the started/unfinished terraforming the ghost buildings and the tree clusters, I image that all the characters that started their first steps in Xsyon died of thirst and hunger, and thats why the land is deserted :D .. So I keep my character fed and without thirst - just from a game point of view ... sandbox is also about giving players the freedom to imagine things and to fill the world with their ideas... be creative (well and planting trees around or in a tribe land is creative, dropping totems on public baskets/carts is creative ...) and keeping the character fed and clothed ... thats sort of an ethical decision you have to make on your own - don't expect the game to do all the entertainment for you ... carry something valueable with you - like a sheme you want to learn, but you have to skill up first to be able to ... you have to put yourself to risk! - Dont expect that the game will give you a feeling of danger!

EG: Buy a cart from Neliz/Aram or someone far far away from your place and drag it home ... you will feel the acomplishment, see wonderful (and awful) things on the way and have a feeling of danger (instead of porting from 1 safe zone to the trade fair and porting back, and then complain that the game is too easy :P)

Good list - hope some of it/all makes it in the game !

znaiika
04-04-2012, 04:52 PM
I have 3 preorder accounts. All with preorder weapons.

The weapons shouldnt be as strong as player crafted weapons and they are. Only 1 weapon is stronger and its only for a very short amount of time. Once it decays a little its no longer stronger and you can lose it in a fight, its also only very very slightly stronger.

Odd that you are backing this as you are so anti griefing yet you dont see how this is used to grief other players.

How is that griefing?

So lets all be patient - when Jordy believes that he can risk the whole project/game by sending out the "totem decay" e-mails and managing the returning players (will probably be a lot of them) - then all the baskets will be set to public not much after that - until then, we all will have to live with a devasted world (also fits the Xsyon story BTW ...).

I really have a strong feeling for doubt that more people will return, you got it all backwards. Then Xsyon will loose even more chance for people to return, especially when they have no place to return they spent so much time building.

NorCalGooey
04-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Someone should agree with Znaika and see if he refutes them.

My money is on, yes, yes he would!

Hodo
04-07-2012, 07:16 AM
I would, add 2 other things...

11- Drowning when you run out of stamina while swimming.

12- Animals will either fight in water, or not avoid it. (or just fix the water fighting bug)

zookeeper
04-07-2012, 04:06 PM
The only thing you would need to do Creator to combat tree spawning is a decay system for those unused logs/grass/twigs/branches that are not covered by a roof.