PDA

View Full Version : Xsyon Fan Sites

GuideRaguel
05-06-2012, 05:56 AM
Greetings Survivors!

We would love to hear about any Fan Sites the community is working on.

If you have a Fan Site, or know of one please post it below, and we will update the current List.

Once you're Fan Site has been added to the Current List, we will remove your Original Post, in an effort to keep this Thread clean.

Thank you.

GuideRaguel
05-06-2012, 05:57 AM
Current Fan Site List

ryanargu
06-21-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm an internet marketer and web designer by trade. I could create a fan site, I just need ideas about why people would want to visit it? I could quite easily rank on the first page of google.com for 'xsyon' and in a few months rank for 'sandbox mmos'.

So people! What would you find useful?

A beginners guide?
An interactive Xsyon map?
Videos?
News and opinions of recent Xsyon updates?

Feed me ideas and I might just do it :)

zoria
06-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Truly a Great idea Ryan!

What I would want;
- A beginners guide, pretty detailed, with instruction videos. (some are already on the internet, they just need written explanation)
- Blog posts with updates, community videos etcetera
- Database of Xsyon tribes, including region, and interest.

If you need any help, I sure can do that. I got Dutch servers up and running 24/7 so if you would like a host, im your guy!

lordadamar
06-21-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm an internet marketer and web designer by trade. I could create a fan site, I just need ideas about why people would want to visit it? I could quite easily rank on the first page of google.com for 'xsyon' and in a few months rank for 'sandbox mmos'.

So people! What would you find useful?

A beginners guide?
An interactive Xsyon map?
Videos?
News and opinions of recent Xsyon updates?

Feed me ideas and I might just do it :)

I would like to see an in-depth Wiki type website...
Item lists
Maps
Crafting break downs, i.e. I wanna make a shovel I need blah blah, and blah blah comes from this..
Attribute break downs and what you have to do to raise them
Compilation of what attributes are needed for what trade skill and what they do.. Searchable so I click " toolmaking" it tells me primary and secondary attributes needed, and what other skill would be a good fit around this...

That was off the top of my head will think of more...

ryanargu
06-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Truly a Great idea Ryan!

What I would want;
- A beginners guide, pretty detailed, with instruction videos. (some are already on the internet, they just need written explanation)
- Blog posts with updates, community videos etcetera
- Database of Xsyon tribes, including region, and interest.

If you need any help, I sure can do that. I got Dutch servers up and running 24/7 so if you would like a host, im your guy!
That sounds good. I was thinking about the tribe database. It could include a map, leaders, link to their website recruitment page, etc.

I'm OK for hosting, but thanks for the offer. I can pretty much do all the back-end development.

I would like to see an in-depth Wiki type website...
Item lists
Maps
Crafting break downs, i.e. I wanna make a shovel I need blah blah, and blah blah comes from this..
Attribute break downs and what you have to do to raise them
Compilation of what attributes are needed for what trade skill and what they do.. Searchable so I click " toolmaking" it tells me primary and secondary attributes needed, and what other skill would be a good fit around this...

That was off the top of my head will think of more...
Great ideas, I would put attributes under(for example) professions > Woodcraft(info on this page about primary and secondary attributes, info about how it fits into the game, etc) > Items > Medium wood handle(break down of items needed to craft, links to items required to craft, etc)

Another idea is(for example) stats > fortitude(how fortitude affects your character, which professions improve fortitude and links to those professions)

tomduril
06-21-2012, 02:27 PM
@wiki -> this is the current wiki

http://xsyonwiki.info/index.php?title=Category:Recipes

The guides said they wanted to start their own wiki ... not sure what happened to that

MrDDT
06-21-2012, 02:38 PM
@wiki -> this is the current wiki

http://xsyonwiki.info/index.php?title=Category:Recipes

The guides said they wanted to start their own wiki ... not sure what happened to that

This wiki isnt the one done by Xsyon. Xsyon says they are doing one.

Also this wiki has lots of missing things not updated, and wrong in some cases.

tomduril
06-22-2012, 12:10 AM
That is clear - I probably did not express myself clearly enough.

The wiki:
http://xsyonwiki.info/index.php?title=Main_Page
was/is maintained by players of Xsyon and gets from time to time attention by players. My last updates were in Dec. 2011 and now some players added info (leathercrafting) in June 2012 (see http://xsyonwiki.info/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&days=30). Raguel wrote something about a "official" Xsyon Wiki some time ago - but no info about that was recently announced.

The fact that Xsyon is changing (which is good) - means also that the information in the wiki has to be updated - which is not always the case - also if you find some info there which is not correct - feel free to correct it :)

I still hope for an official wiki site - then the players that want to can help keep it up-to-date.

GuideRaguel
06-22-2012, 02:52 AM
Greetings,

An Official Wiki site has been created.
We're not ready to release it yet, as we need to make some alterations.
But its about 90% ready.

ETA is by the end of July. But hopefully much sooner.

We will Announce it on the forums and email everyone once its ready for players input.

Thank you.

ryanargu
06-22-2012, 04:09 AM
Greetings,

An Official Wiki site has been created.
We're not ready to release it yet, as we need to make some alterations.
But its about 90% ready.

ETA is by the end of July. But hopefully much sooner.

We will Announce it on the forums and email everyone once its ready for players input.

Thank you.

This is great news. I was just starting to realise how big this project actually was :p I'd still do it if no one else did, but it's better for all if the guides do this (more experience in Xsyon).

If you need a design review or SEO input let me know(free ofcourse).

Ranph
10-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Current Fan Site List

After a couple weeks of becoming invested in this game and trying to learn more about this
game I noticed a few things I'd like to discuss. As the title states, Xsyon Fan Sites. So other
than the two already noted here, where are the rest? This game has so much to offer with the
potential to over so much more! But we need to get out and show our support. I have recently
added a section to the Gaming Community I own and run just for Xsyon. If you know of any
tribe or fan sites please post them here. Maybe there is something there that might inspire someone
else to make an awesome fan site, but we need you to make this happen. Thanks!

Update: I did find a couple active Tribe webpage,
WWW.ravemoon.org. Ravenmoon
Www.abt-gaming.de. A Better Tomorrow

Blaberg
07-11-2015, 09:56 AM
A while back I started making a "social calendar". It is still a work in progress and I'd like to invite other players to contribute and get involved. My intention and hope is to help encourage and spread the word about player created events and interactions such as trade, as well as promote the game generally.

http://xsyonsocial.wix.com/calendar

There is a space for advertising your trade totems and what is currently for sale on them. I also would like to request from fellow players, send me your screenshots and nominations for building of the month (along with stories, pictures or details of any other cool stuff you have found/seen/experienced in game!). I want to celebrate all the awesome architecture that I have seen on my travels.

You may also advertise your tribe, etc.

Anyone who wants to add something can PM me, use the contact form on the site or whisper in game; Kataya on Peace server, Hedera on War.

Tonkala
08-14-2015, 10:38 AM
Great site, Blaberg. I like the ideas.

Blaberg
08-21-2015, 09:50 AM
Thanks so much Tonkala!

I have added quite a bit of content now and also tweaked a few things. There is a newsletter that peope can subscribe to (hint hint) and I have posted the first two Featured Building Tours, so come and check out how WambliLuta and Sylvie live. I am looking for nominations for what to feature next, so if you have seen a beautiful/impressive/creative/quirky build, let me know and I will happily promote it on the site.

Also as always, send me your goods&services adverts, event information, tribe advertisements... any player created content that you want to show off, including your best screenshots!

Tonkala
01-25-2016, 12:14 PM
Deserves a bump

mooncatcher0920
05-31-2016, 08:03 PM
I have made a site for our tribe it can be found here http://mooncatcher0920.wix.com/familyhonor