PDA

View Full Version : New Player, Looking For Tribe!

Roymetheus
05-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Hey all!

Just downloaded and installed Xsyon last night, tried to fiddle a little bit last night, but I am looking for a tribe to help show me the ropes!

I love Sandbox MMOs, and just like to experience the whole group aspect of these kinds of games!

So if you are part of an active tribe, and are looking for a new member, I'm your guy!!

Thanks!
Roy

Ssagoa
05-11-2012, 11:29 AM
This will be short at work atm
Check out xsyon mercs we have several new players both from euro and us time zone. We try and have fun while working on sevetal projects and working on our skills.. ill be online later tonight around 5pm pst or u can shoot qwerty a /w hope to see you around and welcome to xsyon

MrDDT
05-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Welcome to Xsyon.

You can check our tribe website here
www.IS-BC.com

Or click my sig for more info.

raven
05-13-2012, 05:06 PM
No idea good or bad about xsyon mercs. However, Industrial Strength in general and DDT in particular you will want to stay away from.

MrDDT
05-13-2012, 05:26 PM
No idea good or bad about xsyon mercs. However, Industrial Strength in general and DDT in particular you will want to stay away from.

Most players that get killed or looted while PVP get upset at their attacker/looter.

Industrial Strength is an honored tribe won many awards for their feats and has one of the most active player base in the game. We have helped many players with the game and likely will help more.

Not all tribes are for everyone, read up on the tribe you join.

raven
05-14-2012, 04:26 AM
Most players that get killed or looted while PVP get upset at their attacker/looter.

Industrial Strength is an honored tribe won many awards for their feats and has one of the most active player base in the game. We have helped many players with the game and likely will help more.

Not all tribes are for everyone, read up on the tribe you join.

Industrial Strength is a lot of things, honored tribe is not one of them. On one point I will agree with DDT, read up on the tribe you want to join. Log into the game and watch global chat. It will not be long before DDT will be making a fool of himself, again.

Hodo
05-14-2012, 06:10 AM
Industrial Strength is a lot of things, honored tribe is not one of them. On one point I will agree with DDT, read up on the tribe you want to join. Log into the game and watch global chat. It will not be long before DDT will be making a fool of himself, again.

Tell me what have they not honored?

In all my dealings with them, they have traded fairly with me, sometimes better than I expected. They have given away free things that they no longer need or just being nice. They have always offered good advice on game mechanics to anyone that has asked. Hell I see someone from I.S. on chat answering questions more often than some of the guides.

So again what is your problem?

MrDDT
05-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Hodo the guy is a troll, he has 5 posts all of them are whining about IS. What do you expect from someone like this.

IS has many members, if you are looking for a good tribe check us out. Xsyon is set up so joining a tribe doesnt hurt you, nor does joining one and leaving. Items in this game mean very little Xsyon has made it that way due to the way that its full loot. If you want an active tribe that uses voice chat a lot, fun to play with, understanding and helpful, only 2 tribes I know do this. Industrial Strength, and Rainy River.

This guy is clearly upset because in a PVP game he lost some of his stuff. Get over it Raven. You died, you lost your stuff. Its part of the game. Your stuff wasnt even good.

China
05-14-2012, 10:32 AM
If you want an active tribe that uses voice chat a lot, fun to play with, understanding and helpful, only 2 tribes I know do this. Industrial Strength, and Rainy River.
^
^
<-------------Oh I see what you did there.

Roymetheus,

There are way more than 2 tribes that are active and a lot of fun in Xsyon - and most are not full of drama. I'll leave that up to you to be the judge. Just don't let all of the above chest-thumping make you think that's the way the majority of players in the community act.

The community is very pro-active in Global chat, answering new players questions, giving away items to help them get started, and generally being respectful and nice to others. I can only think of one tribe than ganks newbies just because they can.

Cya in Game!

China
Leader - Xsyon Mercenaries

Hodo
05-14-2012, 10:52 AM
China is right about the pro-active community in global. Its odd, we actually are 100x worse in the forums than in game. In game its almost like an oppossite bunch of people. Go figure.

MrDDT
05-14-2012, 11:25 AM
^
^

Roymetheus,

There are way more than 2 tribes that are active and a lot of fun in Xsyon - and most are not full of drama. I'll leave that up to you to be the judge. Just don't let all of the above chest-thumping make you think that's the way the majority of players in the community act.

The community is very pro-active in Global chat, answering new players questions, giving away items to help them get started, and generally being respectful and nice to others. I can only think of one tribe than ganks newbies just because they can.

Cya in Game!

China

I dont know what you call "Way more" but there is very few tribes with 10+ active members, 2 that I know of, even your tribe doesnt have that many people logging in.
This isnt about chest thumping as much as you trying to make it out to be, I hope they join any tribe they find fun. If they want to be in a tribe where just 1 or 2 others play with them great. Ive also seen many people join a tribe like yours who claim to be "active" with 2 to 5 people playing only to find out you guys are not playing anymore.

Community is very helpful in /y, I agree there.

I cant think of any tribe that ganks newbies. I cant even think of any tribe that even PVP's outside my own tribe, and we rarely find it. Not enough people playing right now to have any type of PVP going on. Also most of the people currently playing are anti PVP. If they get killed they are likely to cry and quit. Most of the PVPers have left this game. I expect some to come back with the free time. I hope the game is ready by then.

(P.S. China losing your second in command this month with you two fighting is major drama just FYI)

China
05-14-2012, 11:49 AM
I have 18 active members that log in every day. I didn't know I was supposed to keep you notified. Stop making blanket statements, you really don't know as much as you pretend.

As far as someone leaving my tribe, that is their business and certainly nothing that I would discuss with anyone. Also, "they" were not 2nd in command. Andrew was an officer just as there are other officers. He is a good player and I wish him the best. No drama there....good try.

Stay classy ;)

China
Leader of the Xsyon Mercenaries

MrDDT
05-14-2012, 11:59 AM
I have 18 active members that log in every day. I didn't know I was supposed to keep you notified. Stop making blanket statements, you really don't know as much as you pretend.

As far as someone leaving my tribe, that is their business and certainly nothing that I would discuss with anyone. Also, "they" were not 2nd in command. Andrew was an officer just as there are other officers. He is a good player and I wish him the best. No drama there....good try.

Stay classy ;)

China
Leader of the Xsyon Mercenaries

All I can say to this is HAHA yeah, I will chalk this one up to the Tooth Fairy or Santa Claus.

Have fun and welcome back China.

Qwerty
05-14-2012, 12:20 PM
All I can say to this is HAHA yeah, I will chalk this one up to the Tooth Fairy or Santa Claus.

Have fun and welcome back China.

I'm a member of Xsyon Mercs and I can verify that the tribe population is expanding exponentially. The population is so bad we have a temporary housing shortage of which we sorting out right now as a community project. It's a really friendly community and reasonable drama free. China as leader is real breath of fresh air being exceptionally selfless & extremely generous. None of this autocratic BS you get in other guilds and I can speak as a committed anarchist & bad subordinate from hell that I'm really happy in this tribe.

Andrew actually did us a favour when we cleared up his aftermath. It bought the tribe closer together and I need to thank him when I see him next.

We are recruiting 1-2 new members everyday and we don't go out to recruit so we must be doing something right if players come to seek us out. :)

Hodo
05-14-2012, 12:31 PM
I am so glad to hear of so much recruiting and happy happy joy joy lovin going on. Now if only we had something to do besides act like a Doozer.

(If you dont know what a Doozer is, google it.)

Willowhawk
05-14-2012, 12:35 PM
^
^

Roymetheus,

Cya in Game!

China

Agreed, there are plenty of active tribes unless by someones definition you have to have a large tribe to qualify as active. We play almost every night with rare exception. We just don't bother much with global chat or this forum because of certain people that dominate the game and kill this forum. We do try to answer any questions that new players have, and we offer help in game to anyone who asks. Just this week we gave away a nice set of 15 tools to one new player and two hand carts to two other players. But I guess we are not active :p

Qwerty
05-14-2012, 12:50 PM
I am so glad to hear of so much recruiting and happy happy joy joy lovin going on. Now if only we had something to do besides act like a Doozer.

(If you dont know what a Doozer is, google it.)

Awww! They wanna play as well ;-)

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070205161431/muppet/images/thumb/a/a3/Doozer.variety.jpg/300px-Doozer.variety.jpg

Hodo
05-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Agreed, there are plenty of active tribes unless by someones definition you have to have a large tribe to qualify as active. We play almost every night with rare exception. We just don't bother much with global chat or this forum because of certain people that dominate the game and kill this forum. We do try to answer any questions that new players have, and we offer help in game to anyone who asks. Just this week we gave away a nice set of 15 tools to one new player and two hand carts to two other players. But I guess we are not active :p

And you all have the coolest tree houses!

joexxxz
05-14-2012, 04:32 PM

HAHAHAHA this is funny

raven
05-15-2012, 03:58 AM
Hodo the guy is a troll, he has 5 posts all of them are whining about IS. What do you expect from someone like this.

IS has many members, if you are looking for a good tribe check us out. Xsyon is set up so joining a tribe doesnt hurt you, nor does joining one and leaving. Items in this game mean very little Xsyon has made it that way due to the way that its full loot. If you want an active tribe that uses voice chat a lot, fun to play with, understanding and helpful, only 2 tribes I know do this. Industrial Strength, and Rainy River.

This guy is clearly upset because in a PVP game he lost some of his stuff. Get over it Raven. You died, you lost your stuff. Its part of the game. Your stuff wasnt even good.

Ah, did I hurt your feelings? What I have lost or not lost is not what we are talking about. Try to follow the conversation. Anyone that is looking for a tribe just log into the game. Follow the general chat for a while and you can make your on decisions on this tribe. DDT recently went to an event set up by the guides of the game and starting breaking the rules. Then when he didnt like the punishment he received he started whining in general chat. If this is the kind of tribe leader you are looking for then, congratulations here he is.

Hodo
05-15-2012, 05:12 AM
Then when he didnt like the punishment he received he started whining in general chat. If this is the kind of tribe leader you are looking for then, congratulations here he is.

And now who is whining?

Sorry but from an outsider view, you look like your the one whining about it.

I missed the event mainly because of life, but also because of server issues. I can tell it wasnt a big deal.

MrDDT
05-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Ah, did I hurt your feelings? What I have lost or not lost is not what we are talking about. Try to follow the conversation. Anyone that is looking for a tribe just log into the game. Follow the general chat for a while and you can make your on decisions on this tribe. DDT recently went to an event set up by the guides of the game and starting breaking the rules. Then when he didnt like the punishment he received he started whining in general chat. If this is the kind of tribe leader you are looking for then, congratulations here he is.

I think you have it confused.
You died at the event, you got looted. I didnt break any rules. I was likely the only one that didnt die from what I remember.

Just another person who is upset about losing some crappy items. You are a dime a dozen. Very common for the losers to get upset and try to libel or slander the other people.

I would love people to log in and see who is the top clan in the game, winning many many events, and awards, active, and fun members and leaders.

raven
05-15-2012, 01:43 PM
I think you have it confused.
You died at the event, you got looted. I didnt break any rules. I was likely the only one that didnt die from what I remember.

Just another person who is upset about losing some crappy items. You are a dime a dozen. Very common for the losers to get upset and try to libel or slander the other people.

I would love people to log in and see who is the top clan in the game, winning many many events, and awards, active, and fun members and leaders.

Someone is confused but it isn't me. Might try the mirror and see if you can figure it out.

By the way what part is libel or slander? The part where you came to an event that was posted as no PvP and looted people? And assuming I did die and was looted of my crappy stuff, did you really need my, or the others you looted crappy stuff? Was the part slander or libel when you were sent home for doing such? How about the part where you ran back after being sent home? How about the part where I said you whined in global? Let me know which part. Your misdirection is not going to work for you here, sucks to be you.

MrDDT
05-15-2012, 02:21 PM
The part where I didnt break any rules.

Keep crying about your stuff, I love the tears.

You died, lost your stuff, and cried. Now you are here crying more. I know you are upset, but its a game. I never attacked any of the other players. I dont know why you are so upset your stuff isnt even good. Just move on, you dont need to come troll the forums being upset about someone looting you.

raven
05-15-2012, 02:45 PM
The part where I didnt break any rules.

Keep crying about your stuff, I love the tears.

You died, lost your stuff, and cried. Now you are here crying more. I know you are upset, but its a game. I never attacked any of the other players. I dont know why you are so upset your stuff isnt even good. Just move on, you dont need to come troll the forums being upset about someone looting you.

Wow you are really crying hard now. Don't get so upset at me pointing out what a liar and hypocrite you are. It isn't like it was a secret. I guess you got ported home from the event because you weren't breaking any rules, right? I mean you were ported home from the event for "not breaking any rules", right? Thanks for the crying though, I really enjoy making you whine like this.