05-14-2012, 02:21 PM
My system:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (2.3ghz)
80gb HD
NVidia 6150 Onboard Graphics (512 ram)
3gb Ddr2 Ram
Windows XP SP3

That's it.

I am fairly sure I'd need to upgrade my graphics card. Any thoughts?

Would love some talk. I can currently play EQ2 with modifications to the options - like decreasing pixel shading and increasing pixel size (like viewing in lower resolution). I know that even a 8400 GS nvidia card makes a dramatic difference. But it burned.

I really like what I see with Xyson. Nice sandbox feel. But I really hope it stays away from pvp and combat or at least remains cautious. Many sandbox games get ruined by those things because of people dying and griefing and penalties being thrown on them. I really really think the building and exploration elements should be focused on. I also think that a animal population is smart too as long as it's not too aggressive (unless attacked!!).

joexxxz
05-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Why did your graphics card got burned???

sparklingshores
05-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Why did your graphics card got burned???Fan wore out. I do not got money to throw around. I need a new power supply to really enjoy the graphics side of things. Was just wondering how well my system can handle right now. I have to live within my means. I don't want to wait too long. Look at Dawntide. I waited too long to try it and now it seems it'll never be online again because of funding. I'd like to try Xyson as soon as I can - i think it's special. Not many MMO's are like this.

I'm kind of split. I could spend $20 in Eq2 and enjoy as long as I want or put $40 into this for a month. Xyson is a much more special thing to me, but more expensive out of pocket.

Hodo
05-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Ok a bit of advice.

First thing is you WILL want to get a new powersupply if your having issues with the one you have now.

Upgrade to a larger PSU, with your current specs which arent to far from my original system specs before I frankinstiened it. I would suggest a 500-650W PSU. You dont need much larger, because your not going to be able to fully use a better GPU to draw that much power.

As far as GPUs go, I would go with Nvidia 260GTX or something along those lines, even a ATI card around the same line would be good. Nvidia draws more power and runs a bit hotter, but tends to have a bit better benchmark scores compared to the same level ATI.

But I am also a Nvidia Fanboy.

Lastly, start saving for a better rig, your current rig is reaching end of its life. I know, my Athlon 64 2.8ghz dual core is at the end of its rope as far as usefulness. And the 260GTX is taking up the slack, but its running hot. And the MoBo is maxed out on RAM with a W7/64OS.

My system now is.

HP micro ATX tower frame (took the sides off for space and cooling)
Windows 7 64
Athlon 64 2.8ghz dual core.
500GB HDD 7200RPM
Nvidia 260GTX GPU
BFG 750W PSU
Cooling provided by Train Central Air and Cooling (in otherwords I have it routed through my floor vents for cooling)

sparklingshores
05-16-2012, 09:59 AM
I'm not doing anything - including paying the $40 - until I get some more money. And even then, I think I'd try it with my current system before upgrading just to see how it plays. I wish I could get someone here who has similar system specs. Like you say, I have an old system. The motherboard was made in 2009, but the specs are more like 2007-2008. The cpu is probably late 2006 or early 2007. The PSU is miserable (300w). But before the 8400 GS burned out it ran quite a bit better. I know that even a basic graphics card will give me a measurable boost, but I can't go past 8400 without a psu upgrade. And I'll hit a brickwall at some point beyond the 8400 because my cpu will bottleneck the gfx pipeline. So that means any real upgrade for this thing is going to require me spending upwards of $90. And if I want anything better than that I'll either have to buy a new system or spend $200 for an AM2+ cpu or hope that I can install an AM3 cpu (possibly). Need even more money for that. I'm poor, for sure.

Xyson is looking so fine to me. I don't think I'm going to spend any money on eq2. It's too torn up by mudflation and .... it's just not innovative in the way I want it to be like Xyson is.

I'm happy for people at Xyson. I want it to succeed and be strong. I'll just have to keep giving what I think is my best advice: +exploration, +building, +hunting, discourage pvp/conflict/hard-hitting penalties. Xyson is so unique with its terraforming and animals and trees. It can go so much further, but if the community lets the more aggressive players make the world too conflict-based then it'll drive away a lot of opportunity and could easily doom it like so many other failed sandbox mmorpgs.

I hope it never becomes F2P. When you know that every player is paying, it changes everything. And without the hope of getting outside funding, niche players are really its only chance.

But I don't think a demo (of the demands on your system) is a bad idea. A lot of people just want to know how well it will run on their system. But trials and other things like that can easily give a new player the wrong impression about a game. A lot of times you can't know a game until you're P2P or have played a while. And the best way to keep someone playing in the first few days is to expect from them a "down payment". Otherwise, they can bail on you without any reservations.

Whne you spend money on something, you give it a chance to grow on you. Bottom line. This culture of F2P is breeding people who have the attention span and resolve of a cockroach.

Willowhawk
05-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Whne you spend money on something, you give it a chance to grow on you. Bottom line. This culture of F2P is breeding people who have the attention span and resolve of a cockroach.

I sent you a private message sparklingshores, check your in box :)

Hodo
05-16-2012, 10:50 AM
A 300w PSU, can not provide enough peak power for a 8400GS card. With everything you have in there the basic system is already at 60% of the PSU load, then when you tac on the 8400GS card by Nvidia, which are power hungry, you end up pushing over that magical 75% PSU load. Which leads to PSU spikes and burnt out chipsets. Most of the time the sign of a failing or over taxed PSU is your most direct line to the PSU burns out regularly. And 80% times its the GPU because its plugged directly to the output of the PSU.

When you spend money on something, you give it a chance to grow on you. Bottom line. This culture of F2P is breeding people who have the attention span and resolve of a cockroach.

Just noticed this line.... SO DAMNED TRUE!

You have moved up in my book of respect well said!

joexxxz
05-16-2012, 02:08 PM
I got myself a new computer:

ASUS P8 Z68-V / GEN3
GTX 560 1GB GDDR5
INTEL CORE i7
16 GB RAM

This baby runs really smooth :)

sparklingshores
05-17-2012, 03:21 PM
A 300w PSU, can not provide enough peak power for a 8400GS card. With everything you have in there the basic system is already at 60% of the PSU load, then when you tac on the 8400GS card by Nvidia, which are power hungry, you end up pushing over that magical 75% PSU load. Which leads to PSU spikes and burnt out chipsets. Most of the time the sign of a failing or over taxed PSU is your most direct line to the PSU burns out regularly. And 80% times its the GPU because its plugged directly to the output of the PSU.

Just noticed this line.... SO DAMNED TRUE!

You have moved up in my book of respect well said!You may be right. I had a few occasions where the computer restarted in the middle of a game. There was no warning. I'm not sure what caused it. But I do know my system is low-power consuming. The cpu is 65w. MB is micro-atx. But you're right that 300w is low and even with a bronze or higher rated power supply I wouldn't want to go with 8400 for very long (capacitor aging?).

What kind of options are there in Xyson to lower the graphics to speed up performance? In eq2, it allows you to reduce shading per pixel and to "pixelize" the 3d objects and textures.

I'm fairly sure my current system isn't enough to handle Xyson without major reduction options.

I'll have to wait. But keeping both eyes on this game.

Hodo
05-17-2012, 08:47 PM
There are alot of settings options, you can REALLY turn down the graphics, but I am not sure it would perform well on your CPU without a GPU.

Fluentur
09-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Hi.
Im thinking of joining this game, i just wondering if anyone would know if my system will meet the requirements?

I have a :- AMD Phenom II N620 Dual-Core Processop 2.80Ghz
4GB RAM
AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeaon HD4250
ATI Mobility Radeaon HD 5470 - graphics?

Hope anyone can help??

GuideIsda
09-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Hi - that should run without a problem, yes.

drakogear
12-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Hi, was thinking I could play this game on my system but guessing not cause it wont launch and give a generic windows error message.

Min Req.:

Windows (XP, Vista, Windows 7)
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz (or similar)
RAM: 3GB
Video: 512 MB Video supporting Pixel Shader 2.b
Hard Drive: 10 GB

My System:

Windows XP
AMD Athlon 3000+ 2.1 GHz
2MB RAM
ATI X1600 256MB PS 3.0

Have been able to play about any game that would require a Pentium 4 even a 3GHz one. Maybe the VRAM I'm thinking? Bit odd it requires 512 yet only PS 2.0

Could anyone help?

BTW yes I know my system and card are really old... they are still able to play decent games. (Oblivion, Stalker, Fallout 3 and New Vagas... to name a few.)