PDA

View Full Version : Questions of Week 05/28 through 06/03

GuideRaguel
05-29-2012, 03:43 AM
Please post your Questions to the Developers Below...

Thank you.

Qwerty
05-29-2012, 03:57 AM
I have noticed that with a small player base that with no cart degradation that the market to sell carts to will soon become saturated. I am selling at the moment to mainly returnees and a few rare subscribing noobs and therefore becoming concerned. Is it possible to introduce cart degradation sooner rather than later please so wainwright crafters have some degree of sustainability for their trade?

tomduril
05-29-2012, 06:10 AM
I asked the same thing about 2 weeks ago. As I found the market for new carts reducing fast - especially because more players are able to create carts and big tribes seem to provide the carts to their tribe members. So the market really narrows to a few homestadters that are reluctant to purchase more than 2-3 carts. The same is true for waterskins :)

I second the question (again).

Also see suggestions: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/project.php?issueid=1567

Qwerty
05-29-2012, 07:28 AM
Good suggestion tomduril of which I have voted yes with my thoughts on the topic. Also I might have a gripe that having grind-ed up wainwright which as you know is quite a marathon that I find that I'm not able to do all the cart types without one of the supporting skills. A nasty hidden suprise when you have a message come up saying you need for example level 55 in bonecraft for a particular recipe. You may say every trade gets to build their own cart, but I say as a wainwright that I should be allowed to trade with leathercrafters and bonecrafters to complete the relevant type of cart, leading onto the repair suggestion. No good finding a player out in the wilderness when you find you can't repair his type of cart. After all an Architect doesn't need to know masonry or woodcraft to complete his or her projects so why should the Wainwright be severely punished?

I wonder what the devs think about the above as this one is one of the reasons why some players rage quit wainwright?

Would you be prepared to change this as per my thoughts extending the number of recipes that can be learned by the wainwright to cover all cart types including the future scrappers cart?

Remember reward should equal effort and wainwright is a real tough grind just to put some emphasis on this. :)

Deacon
05-29-2012, 11:19 AM
1. What is supposed to be the difference between the hiding skill , and item camoflauge bonus?

EDIT: some folks seem to like hiding, so guess no need to remove it as I'd previous posted..... :(

2. What is the difference between the agility stat (effecting run speed and combat swing speed), and item speed bonus? What is the item speed bonus supposed to influence?

3. When do you think item bonus (armour bonus, damage bonus, speed bonus, etc), other than those effecting stats will function?

4. Currently bear paws used in "hugaleti bearbone boots and guantlets" give no strength bonus, is this working as intended?

Fyrex
05-30-2012, 07:02 AM
Please reduce the time it takes for a creature to mature. It is way to long right now, and you can't ask a entire server to stop hunting for a month for creatures to grow up and be worth hunting. Its great to see lots of creature out and about now but they are just taking way to long to mature.

Also is there something wrong with hunting? It seems to be going up very slowly than what other skills do.

Other then this, I am enjoying the changes and am looking forward to more. Just please fix the creatures !!!

Deacon
06-01-2012, 06:11 AM
Actually, the slope check was supposed to work for moving projects also. I've put this on my priority request list as it should be an easy thing to change. I will probably increase the slope for placment, but set the slope check for moving projects to be the same as placement.

If you do this to moving projects, it will be impossible to build some of the stuff we build....we have to move some accross really steep places to get projects in place and to fit. What is the purpose to limit slopes we can build on anyway?

Osirrus
06-01-2012, 06:48 PM
how many more 'free weeks' for old players are there to come?

totem decay -

will there be a period of time when totem decay is on the test server so we can see how it functions before it goes live?

will there be a period of time where there will be a community discussion of how totem decay will work? / how the differently timed vunerabilities will work?

will we be able to place an expansion totem of our own over the decayed totem area? will this allow us to terraform and basically clean up the old decayed totem area?

when is totem decay starting?

when will totems start to disapear?

when will i be able to loot abandoned/decayed totem/tribelands?

will there be a period of time when a totem is still there/visable but the areas it should be protecting are lootable?

Deacon
06-02-2012, 11:31 AM
You do realize that fortitude is so prevalant in concerns of HP, that anyone who wants to survive in pvp, will all be wearing the same deerbone armor...so much for individuality :(

I see most creature resources being useless compared to mutant deer resources. "OH...there's a big raccoon mutant!!"...."nevermind...it only gives dexterity"