PDA

View Full Version : Questions of Week 06/18 through 06/24

GuideRaguel
06-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Please post your questions to the Developers below...

Thank you.

banden
06-22-2012, 03:41 AM
Hello there!

The crafting interface and mechanics have been improved quite a bit in the past dev cycles but what are your thoughts on improving the boring progress bar gathering mechanics of Xsyon?

As per: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/8383-Dear-devs-Xsyons-resource-gathering-mechanics

Thanks

zoria
06-22-2012, 05:19 AM
A couple of questions:

- Are there any plans of adding canoes to the game, or any other boat?
- Would it be possible to share/describe a possible increase of population in the Xsyon world (subscription wise)?
- I heard in the past that you were thinking about adding the ability to make tunnels 'alla Minecraft'. This would involve lot's of reprogramming, but how is this plan proceeding?
- Ranged combat is the next thing after Totum Decay to hit Xsyon. Are there any plans, and/or sketches, of how magic (both combat and non combat) is going to work?
- I read the announcement last week stating that there was a search to expand the development team. How is this going?
- The thing that Xsyon is missing at the moment is a stable and fairly big player base. Advertising campaigns are the way to do this, are there any plans, and if so, could you share them with us?
- New players are pretty much screaming for meaningful combat. Revenants would bring some 'probably' meaningful combat. How is the development team intending to add meaningful combat in the game, when a relatively small player base is keeping them from PVP?
- For new people, including me, how difficult would it be to kill a Revenant? Will our game be heavily affected with their presence in the game?
- Recently several Arena's were created, wouldn't it be nice if there was an actual mechanic for this? In a way that people could teleport to an Arena, set the rules and fight..
- Perhaps more of a suggestion, but is there a tutorial in the making for new players? It is difficult to get into the game when you are relatively new, and the low playerbase isn't helping that much, so perhaps a full covering tutorial would help new players to play this game independent at first.
- The fact that the homepage of this website hasn't been updated in a long time scares some people away. Are there any plans to make the homepage/website more interactive? Perhaps a blog, release notes page or anything that indicates that this game is alive and doing relatively well would give people are more comfy feeling.
- Are there any plans, and/or discussions in the team, to increase the experience gained per action and therefor making it easier to level?
- Last one for today; people are making a huge effort creating two story buildings, cant some love put into this to make two(or more)story building easier?

MrDDT
06-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Is it meant to have animals not attack? If so, where is the "survival" at all in this game and why?

When do you expect your game to be fun?

This game is mostly made for solo players it seems, do you have plans for large objectives for tribes and groups of tribes?

AI is still doing very bad, and animals are way to easy, who do you have working on this code now?

Do you have any devs that work on PVP objectives?

What are your plans for PVP objectives and when?

Economy is still not working very well, I know you keep saying you are working on it, but when is this going to be top of the "to do" list?

zoria
06-25-2012, 01:47 AM
As I am writing this quick reply, I have another 10 minutes untill the 24th ends. So here it comes.

Alright, as for now, I have been playing several weeks right now, this game is not solo friendly. For a starter, even with my skills and some leather Armour I made from scavenging, it is still virtually impossible to fight against even the smallest of a deer (1v1 fight). This is frustrating, as bonecrafting and hunting in general is a no-go area for solo players this way. Don't get me wrong, I like to interact with other people, but I heavily prefer to fight and die on my own.

To make my point;
- Will Xsyon be more solo-friendly in the future?
- Can damage of certain animals get decreased? Just the more average animals is alright with me. Being able to kill a deer with 2 spears and leather armor shouldn't be a problem right? I hear it all the time, and it is just very frustrating to get killed by a pack of squirrels when you go into the game. It is very illogical and frustrating from the very beginning.
- Is it possible to create a Social hub, perhaps on an island in the middle of the game, where both tribes and players can meet, trade and perhaps even challenge each other for a fight? Perhaps teleport is a nice idea. The game is large, VERY large, and going to players can take at least 30 min. It feels sometimes that I am playing a singleplayer game, and that is not where Xsyon is all about, even as a solo player.

Added after 10 Hours 46 minutes:

Ah yes, one little tiny thing:

- After totems (and tribes) got abandoned, how long will it take to get them *removed*?

Deacon
06-25-2012, 05:14 PM
a.) Will human bones get stat bonus ?
b.) Can you raise the max quantity for 'Goal' on totem quests? 100 nails isnt gonna buy much of anything