PDA

View Full Version : Feedback Request: Creature AI 2012-06-22

Xsyon
06-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Hello everyone,

We patched out a fix this morning for problems with creature attack range and frustum (angles).

In addtion here are some recent changes we've made with creatures.

Creatures stay within a territorial range of their home location.
Creature AI synchronization improved.
Creatures can cross steeper terrain slopes to prevent getting stuck conditions.
Creatures will be blocked fully now only by buildings and walls and boulders.
Bugs with creature world collision allowing creatures to cross walls and get stuck in some zones and circumstances fixed.
Bug causing creatures to act erratically when attacked in combat fixed.

Please provide feedback on the current state of creatures in the game, and this only. Please keep it free of discussions and general criticism as there are other sections of the forums for this.

These threads are meant for us to quickly identify bugs and important balance and gameplay issues.

In particular we are interested in:

Are creatures now attacking properly with a decent attack range?

How does the timing of a creature's attack and hit feel? Do you experience any desynch?

Are there any situations where you have seen a creature spinning or acting eratically? If so, please provide details about the location and situation.

Are there any locations where you have seen a creature stuck? If yes, please provide the location.

Are there any locations where you have seen a creature walk through a building or wall (that is not a platform part, these currently do not have collision)?

I look forward to the feedback. Thanks.

ryanargu
06-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Are creatures now attacking properly with a decent attack range?
I managed to kill 2 bears at once yesterday because they couldn't hit me. Now I die before getting one to half HP like before. Range seems reasonable.

How does the timing of a creature's attack and hit feel? Do you experience any desynch?
Seems to be in sync

Are there any situations where you have seen a creature spinning or acting eratically? If so, please provide details about the location and situation.
Rocks!

Are there any locations where you have seen a creature stuck? If yes, please provide the location.
No. However, I purposefully trapped a deer in a part of my camp. When I returned it had disappeared :O I'm guessing there is some de-spawn conditions code in place.

Are there any locations where you have seen a creature walk through a building or wall (that is not a platform part, these currently do not have collision)?
It seems, opening gates near animals gives them a few seconds of walk-through-wall power.

MrDDT
06-23-2012, 03:34 AM
Seems animals are still retarded.

I killed a 750+ HP deer it hit me 3 times for a total of 24HP, I ran out of stamina due to attacking it so much. Its hit box is so jacked up you have to be pretty much inside it to hit it. It cant run through a gate.

unclean666
06-29-2012, 09:19 AM
You do know animals are not growing or turning mutant right? Whens this getting fixed?.....We have not been able to hunt without wanting to punch someone for over two months now.

MrDDT
06-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Hey at least you have more animals, and they are non aggressive now. YEAH!
5000 normal baby animals, all retarded and warp around like flash. SO MUCH FUN!

brando
06-29-2012, 11:32 PM
Its hit box is so jacked up you have to be pretty much inside it to hit it. It cant run through a gate.

This has always been an issue with the combat system. I think the reach for weapons needs to be adjusted as well as the hit boxes.

MrDDT
06-30-2012, 02:22 AM
This has always been an issue with the combat system. I think the reach for weapons needs to be adjusted as well as the hit boxes.

Only happens on deer, other animals seem fine to me.

It's not always been an issue, it's only been an issue for a few months. They changed something a few months ago with how the hitbox on deer and some of the other large animals works.

Also they changed something on how the range of animals have changed (I think the range they hit at right now are fine, however, their AI is horrid)