PDA

View Full Version : Square Tribe Area Poll

GuideRaguel
06-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Hello Survivors,

We would like to get feedback regarding the recently posted planned update.

Totem Area Announcement (http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/1440-Xsyon-Updates)

Is a Square Tribe Radius opposed to a Circular Tribe Area (What we currently have), something you would prefer?

Please let us know in the poll above.

If you would prefer to stay with how the current Area works (Circular) please state your specific reasons in this thread.

Please let us know if you foresee any problems with changing to a Square Area.

Thank you.

Willowhawk
06-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Sounds good to me. For small tribes especially, this will make building much easier. For us established tribes I guess we will just make use of those added corners. Now if we had an option to move our totems a bit, perhaps like architecture we could click our totems and move it to better use the space we have. Wishful thinking :)

Deacon
06-24-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm all for this...I was talking about making a town from a number of homesteaders close to each other, but having no 'town wall' would have been an issue, as well as connecting to each other...this would fix that ..I think...

but I'm for this, even if it does not

thanks

Snakepit
06-24-2012, 09:43 PM
I realy like the idee of squar tribe lands. At the moment its hard to let members build in the tribe and there is very low benefits to join one. Lot of people want to join a tribe but still be able to do what the want on there own land. If its possible to put land site by side and build one big city and give save space to each other it can be a option. I think if this can be dun with in a tribe will be the best way to do.
Tribe members will have there own land and give a save ground to all tribe members. This way the tribe land grow equal withthe amound of members.

zoria
06-25-2012, 01:43 AM
I do to like the idea. Besides, more space is always win ;)

MrDDT
06-25-2012, 02:33 AM
This feels so much like a beta of a game. Huge changes like this for almost no reason.

I think its better but only because of how radius is done so poorly.

I think we should be able to control whole zones, and even like a dozen zones.

Azzym
06-25-2012, 07:23 AM
I think I've seen a suggestion by MrDDT earlier about the size of a tribe depending on how active it is. A small tribe could thus cover more ground than an inactive large tribe. Wouldn't this be possible to add into the code that already (or soon will be) checks for decay? Would be pretty awesome if a tribe could actually grow too (not just by the number of members).

tomduril
06-26-2012, 01:04 AM
This has been discussed alot (growing tribe space not based on players - but on "activness"). I think that the common consens would be to add something like an "upkeep" for a tribe totem. Failing to provide the upkeep would shrink the size, keeping it would grow it (and increase the upkeep to an extend) - so tribes with more "active" players would be able to support a higher upkeep for a longer time ...

Well thats basically the idea - has not been commented on by Xsyon (as far as I know) - things to specify:
-) what kind of stuff can be used to "pay" the upkeep
-) how often has the upkeep to be supplied
-) how much of "stuff" must be supplied for which size

My opinion on these things are:

- offerings (upkeep) provide "tribe power points" - eg 100 for a small size tribe - 500 middle - 2000 large (or even more stages)

My suggestions would be "offerings" to the "powers that be" like:
-) fish (depending on quality and type) - 1 points for everything up to "normal", 2 "VHQ", 4 "Master", 8 "Supreme" - Macinow Trout would tripple the points ... so 12 for a "master macinrow trout" - basically with 10 of those you could provide the 100 for a small tribe
-) plants
-) grass twine
-) "old wrenches"
-) animal parts (like those that are not usefull upto now)

the idea is to give all the items that are not very (or not at all) useful a purpose - setting up the table (points for items) would be some work ...
and also allow simple gathering to be useful (beyond what it is now).

a "bi-weekly" offering would be nice - 1 months seems too long - 1 week too short
Probably set it up so that at the begin of each season in Xsyon the tribe has to provide the offering.
Would set it up as an extra tab on the totem.
Any player of the tribe can place stuff inside until the target is reached... (would be nice to have a visual confirmation - like the totem changes)
After 2 sequential offerings that reached the target the next tier can be selected - failing to reach the target would shrink the size and the next target (until the totem is starting to decay).

That would allow very active players to increase their land - where as inactive tribes would shrink - also the stuff that is lying around in the tribe areas can be "burned" that way ...

What you you think ?!?

@see
http://www.xsyon.com/forum/project.php?issueid=1230

fatboy21007
06-26-2012, 08:24 AM
hurray for squares! this will make it easy for re walling my tribe when i finally get around to it!

unclean666
06-26-2012, 11:24 PM
I see no reason for this what so ever.With all the stuff you could be working on you pick something thats not even broken.It isent the best way to do it the way it is but theres much much better things you could be doing right now instead of square tribes......

brando
06-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Its a core game mechanic that has repercussions tied in to the abandonment and potential expansion of totems when others decay. It has an impact and gives people more room on their totem. It might not be important to you, but it is an important core feature.

Azzym
06-27-2012, 11:08 PM
This has been discussed alot (growing tribe space not based on players - but on "activness").
Probably start a new thread on this ?!?

Very good post relating both to square tribe areas and tribe decay. I would love to see this implemented in the future in some form. The benefits of this would be

a) it would create a "sink" for materials, an economical incentive (or whatever its called in english)
b) it would create "meaning" for me to scavenge/fish (haha, useful food, what a crazy idea)
c) for those not willing to gather the upkeep item it would initiate a need to trade for it

But, as unclean states - there are other things more important to work on at the moment.

Why not start a new thread on it Tom?

MrDDT
06-28-2012, 02:32 AM
Very good post relating both to square tribe areas and tribe decay. I would love to see this implemented in the future in some form. The benefits of this would be

a) it would create a "sink" for materials, an economical incentive (or whatever its called in english)
b) it would create "meaning" for me to scavenge/fish (haha, useful food, what a crazy idea)
c) for those not willing to gather the upkeep item it would initiate a need to trade for it

But, as unclean states - there are other things more important to work on at the moment.

Why not start a new thread on it Tom?

This is the most updated thread on it.

unclean666
06-28-2012, 05:47 AM
Look at the number of votes on this and please tell me this is what they should be spending there time on....26 that is a sad sad number. Keep doing stuff like this and not fixing and getting stuff in the game that it NEEDS and that 26 votes will turn into 12 then 6 then you will be shutting down the doors for good.

Deacon
06-28-2012, 10:41 AM
I liked the square tribe area on test....but.....

There need to be a way to place a ghosted totem and move it around until you have it just where you want it, then, make it perm. I hate to place a totem...only to be a small distance off of what I wanted...because I cant see until it's placed, the actual area it covers.....only to have to wait another 6 hours to try again...and hope it's right this time.

Thanks

tomduril
06-29-2012, 01:34 AM

Please vote on this :)

Crokus
07-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Hey all,

Just checkin in. The square tribe land sounds promising. Do they plan to allow us to place the tribe lands right next to each other? Border to border?

MrDDT
07-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Hey all,

Just checkin in. The square tribe land sounds promising. Do they plan to allow us to place the tribe lands right next to each other? Border to border?

Yep, that's the plan, it currently is already like this with radius just only a small part is touching.