PDA

View Full Version : Questions of Week 07/02 through 07/08

GuideRaguel
07-03-2012, 04:24 AM
Please Post your questions to the Developers below...

Thank you.

Drevar
07-03-2012, 02:24 PM
A little technical, but....Are there any concerns of differing results when using PhysX with Nvidia GPU cards vs those having to run in software mode? e.g. slower framerates or different level of accuracy on GPU vs CPU? This is assuming you are doing this on the client side and not just server side collision, of course.

Also, were there any considerations besides price that made you choose PhysX rather than Havok?

Donar
07-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Animal Mechanics:
When fighting an animal - If you do a left direct block you can block (on my last test) roughly 74% damage. When you use center,up,down you block about 42%. When you do Right it doesn't show block at all.

The other issue is when you block left, it will block at max twice. It'll hold the block position but continued damage comes through with no block rating.

Is there a way to work this to make it a little more consistent?

Block = Parry - sorry.

Deacon
07-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Once the majority, if not all...abandoned totems have decayed away, and few if any players unsub afterwards...what will become of revenants? Where will they come from, or will they still be in game...and if so, to what extent?

3) We reduce the stat bonus power of creature parts. Creature parts will still range in power base on age and creature power, but I plan to limit a full armor set to increase a stat a maximum of 25 points. Currently a full set of the right materials can increase a single stat too much. This is causing balance issues and sets a priority on gear that I did not intend nor desire for Xsyon. A 'quick fix' limiting the power of armor sets is running on the Test Server, but a proper revision is in progress and armor sets and creature parts will be evenly adjusted. The high end sets and parts will remain as the high end items.

I'm unsure why creature part add to stats at all...the point of armor should be varying degrees of protection weighed against the encumbrance of it. Even with the current change...some pieces of armor still use more animal parts..therefore giving more stat benefits...what does it matter if they max the main stat then spread the bonuses over several other important stats...people will still be using the SAME armor(clone armor syndrome :) )...so everyone gets the same amount of bonuses. When you have a certain helmet that uses bone, leather, fur and screws, why would some one take a helmet that uses bone and screws only....denying himself the leather and fur bonuses ? (used as example only)

Stats should be a reflection of how you live...your actions (and possibly what you eat)...not what you wear...a man who can barely run for low agil, suddley puts on 16 pieces of heavy bone agil armor, and poof...can run a marathon...or...a man too weak to pick up a short log, but pile on some super bone armor...and he can run with a long log...just doesnt make sense to me...I'm just saying...

Thanks

tomduril
07-09-2012, 05:58 AM
Reply to
> Stats should be a reflection of how you live...your actions (and possibly what you eat)...not what you wear...

The "stat" bonus brings out the best in you - like mothers that can lift a car if their child is in danger ... people can do much more than they normaly do - so (from a storyline point of view) - wearing a "supreme bone armor" brings out the best in you, you feel stronger, faster (or more intelligent) - so you are :)

So that is how the stats on a "armor" piece work (or could work along the storyline) - or its "magic" ... cann't argue about magic - can you?

Deacon
07-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Nevermind...............

Crokus
07-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Will the reverents only spawn and stay around the totems, or do you have some coded to wander the map like you do with the animals?