PDA

View Full Version : Account?

LynnaWaters
08-03-2012, 07:08 AM
So I wanted to try out the game, I saw theres a free trial so I wanted to try it, seeing as nobody seems to know this game i have also no clue if its any good at all.
But then I see I'm supposed to pay over 40 bucks for a game thats maybe not even worth it? Plus monthly subscription?
First of all, nobody is having a client fee anymore, for the most obvious reason: It's an ONLINE game. I'm not gonna pay a more expensive price than any offline game for a game i cant even play offline. Or is there an offline mode too?

Secondly, why would i BUY a game, before i tried it? I need to see if the game is worht its ridiculously expensive price, for a game thats in the testphase, most companies outthere dont even dare putting a fee on a game thats still in mid-development. But, as I read in the featuers list, it seems to be normal for you guys, and it seems to be like you guys think the initial phase offers enough to be worth so much money.

One thing I saw for sure now: The reason why nobody feels like playing this game, even though it has the biggest feature list i've ever encountered... Because you simply cant ask frmo people to pay for something they dont know what they will get. You're also not needing to buy clothes in the store before youre allowed to try them on..

So hope you guys are getting enlightened now on why only a handful is playing a game that isn't looking too bad at all :)

To do list:
+ Create a 2weeks free trial.
+ Remove the client fee cost or create an offline gaming modus.

Glad to help!

Willowhawk
08-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Gee another negative post from another of the "I'm entitled" generational of gamers about a game you admittedly know nothing about. Rather than dictate what you think they should do based on your lack of information, might it not be better to try asking questions?

There is a trail coming. The reason for the lack of trial is that unlike your generic cookie cutter games that you are trying to compare this game to, players directly effect this game. People come in for a day or a week, terraform up the side of a mountain leaving the place looking like hell and quite. They pave roads all over the forests and used to pave over the scrap piles until a change was added to make that more difficult. It can still be done but too much work for grievers to bother with now. This cannot be undone. They drop totems and claim land then quit holding that land up until a month ago when Totem decay was introduced.

The other obvious reason this is a pay to play and why there is no trial is this isn't Blizzard. This is a very small independent company and development team. A trial will require a separate server and more cost to operate. They are now doing this. But the money needs to come from somewhere.

If you really want to learn about the game, there are videos on the forum and YouTube done by Saint Bob. Some are out of date, but still give a good idea of what the game is about. Or you can ask questions... You can also read the announcements. In one of the last announcements is a completely new website is in the works along with the coming free trial. So if you wait a bit there should be a lot more information available to you.

Development is regular and these guys do a great job, but by MMO standards it is slow. I can see by your post you have little understanding of Sandbox games or what it takes to get a project like this off the ground. I would love to have more sandbox players in for sure, and I really try to be polite in my posts but this post and your "Glad to help" LOL just wow:rolleyes:

LynnaWaters
08-03-2012, 09:04 AM
waauw, thats what id call ultimate misreading.
I dont know where you get that im a "general" player, neither have i talked about any other game.
For the record, (not that it matters in ANY way to this topic) i am a WoW hater, and I come frmo Darkfall. Im not afraid of paying for games, i understand WHY to play for games, but im AGAINST playing for somethign thats not worth it.

I need to try on my clothes before I can find them worth paying for. THATS THE POINT I was making in my opinion quite clearly stated aswell. I'm sorry that it seemed to not be clear after all.

I don't think it is that unusual to expect to be able to try a game before paying for it, no matter if it is a cookie cutter game or a worth it game. Especcially i want to try out a game to see if it IS a cookie cutter game or not, hence why i never played WoW and DID play Darkfall.
I Do not have over 60 bucks for throwing around at people, especcially not online people i have never seen nor heard about that pretend they are having some online product to sell. I want to make sure there IS some online product after all, before I'm paying anyone anything.

Clearly there is, so now, I'm wanting to make sure of the quality, and seeing as I am the only person being able to test if the quality is to my liking, that can only be done by playing the game and testing bugs/UI/combat modes.

I dont think any of these things suond like too much asked for, especcially not for a game that wants to attract serious players that care to get a worthfull game for their money. It'S not like serious players have many option to choose from nowadays that arent fluffy bubblegum free-to-play asian stuffs. So hence, these üplayers wanna make sure theyre not bumping into such another fluff-eyecandy-braindead trap.

Willowhawk
08-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Sorry for my reaction but we see hundreds of this same post and those people are rarely satisfied no matter what the cost.

The cost is $40.00 not $60.00 which includes the first month of play making the actual client purchase $25.00 plus $15.00 for the month of play.

Anyway I hope you give it a try, but considering your concerns I would just wait for the upcoming trail :)

MrDDT
08-03-2012, 09:45 AM
So I wanted to try out the game, I saw theres a free trial so I wanted to try it, seeing as nobody seems to know this game i have also no clue if its any good at all.
But then I see I'm supposed to pay over 40 bucks for a game thats maybe not even worth it? Plus monthly subscription?
First of all, nobody is having a client fee anymore, for the most obvious reason: It's an ONLINE game. I'm not gonna pay a more expensive price than any offline game for a game i cant even play offline. Or is there an offline mode too?

Secondly, why would i BUY a game, before i tried it? I need to see if the game is worht its ridiculously expensive price, for a game thats in the testphase, most companies outthere dont even dare putting a fee on a game thats still in mid-development. But, as I read in the featuers list, it seems to be normal for you guys, and it seems to be like you guys think the initial phase offers enough to be worth so much money.

One thing I saw for sure now: The reason why nobody feels like playing this game, even though it has the biggest feature list i've ever encountered... Because you simply cant ask frmo people to pay for something they dont know what they will get. You're also not needing to buy clothes in the store before youre allowed to try them on..

So hope you guys are getting enlightened now on why only a handful is playing a game that isn't looking too bad at all :)

To do list:
+ Create a 2weeks free trial.
+ Remove the client fee cost or create an offline gaming modus.

Glad to help!

I can list off many games you cant play before you pay. Including Darkfall (back before they had free trials remember?)

Offline gaming mode has nothing to do with anything. This game isnt about offline so why would that effect anything. If you want to see how the game is before you play, couple of things for advice. 1)Watch some game play videos, and 2)Ask questions on the forums of the game you are looking to play.
Then maybe you can say if its worth your money or not. Free to play is just people wanting to try the game without putting anything out for it. I'm not saying its not been done before, I'm not saying it doesnt work for other games. I'm saying for Xsyon it wouldnt work well without a secondary server for it, because as Willowhawk says, players directly effect the world they are in. Which also means they can mess things up.

lordadamar
08-03-2012, 11:19 AM
When did Free Trials become standard ????

I didnt find $40 offensive, even if the game sucked... I buy shit for PS3 and PC alot and think Shit this aint worth $60 bucks. I guess I could take it back to gamestop and get raped for used game exchanges....

Problem with this game and short trial periods is theres alot of things the Devs would have to limit so free trials didnt screw up the game world for paying customers...

Ill help you out, Sandbox somewhat addicting if you like a games that require work. Its not a hack and slash WoW clone, Its not fast paced... Its more of a stress reliever game then a stressful game...

LynnaWaters
08-03-2012, 11:46 PM
And is there large scale pvp combat too? Is there a point ni building huge fortresses when nobody comes to siege them in the end? I mean, its aimed combat, thats awesome already, but I'm guessing it won't be anywhere near Darkfalls combat, or what do the DF-explayers think? :) You know, I always said: A true mix of Haven and Hearth and Darkfall would be the best game ever!! to me :) I'd love to hear theres a reason like rare rescources (for example darkfall mines) which causes tribes to siege eachothers holdings when theyve build them around these rare rescources. I've watched a players video, and in chat was said he found a recipe to a old saw.. I was thinking, it would be cool if he build the saw, people could find this as a reason to either cooperate with him (because hes ahead), or siege him and then own the mine.

So to make a long story simple: How's the pvp combat and especcially how are the reasons to have combat?

Added after 52 minutes:

and FYI: If you guys look beyond the fancom of xsyon, this is what the gaming world writes (and thinks) about this game.. Read the comments written below from people that have played xsyon: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/12/22/xsyon-tweaks-combat-releases-new-screenshots/

I will try this game out for a month, but if it's like what most people experienced, that will be it. You simply cannot put such a price on a game that doesnt have the spine to earn it :S And that doesnt say a thing about HOW this game is (difficulty/sandbox) but about WHAT (content/quality) it is.

MrDDT
08-04-2012, 02:11 AM
The things you are looking for or you like in games (from what you listed) is NOT in Xsyon at all.
Large scale wars are not even an option, for many reasons.
Aimed combat is horrid in this game for many issues, mostly lack of range, and other issue is balance and lack of a reason for combat at all.

Xsyon and combat (PVP or PVE) are worthless and lacking big time. If you want a building a game Xsyon is top notch. Economy, Combat, PVP, Questing etc. All 1 to 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. Building is a solid 9 in my book, and crafting is a 4 or 5.