PDA

View Full Version : Varaani - Good Aligned

LynnaWaters
08-11-2012, 10:57 AM
When I stood nearby the cold and windy shores of the Lake, without anything but some thin clothes that weren't keeping me warm, I listened for the first time really to the Wind.
It rustled through the leaves, and as I looked up, the Sun shone bright in my eyes. Then, as if my skin discovered the Sun anew, I felt the comforting warmth of the rays. Down towards the sweet, fresh water, a white sort of Earth glistened. I took off my shoes and felt the little grains of sand go between my toes, and as I placed my whole foot on the cool surface, every single particle steadied itself, adjusting to the shape of my foot.
The cold water flowing over my bare feet surprized me and brought more Life into me. I looked around me and noticed to be alone. Birds filled the sky with sounds all around me. Further up the shore, some sort of shadow was crouching. What was it?
A human shape it was for sure. Maybe they could help orientate me. The figure stood up again, and still with the sun in it's back, ran towards me. It was clear they had seen me. I stopped in a patch of shadow falling from the trees, and waited for them to approach me. They stopped and started walking now, coming closer, I could make out the shape of a woman. She seemed to be worse off than me, wearing only the bare minimum of clothing, covering almost nothing. Living out in this wild nature seemed to have taken its toll on her body, which was covered in open wounds and tanned a sickly grey. As she entered the shadow and the Sun stopped blinding her face, two invisible hands choked my neck with shock. Her face was distorted and half eaten away. A row of teeth could be made out easily as she opened her jaw and screamed, while lifting an arm setting forth a smell of rotting so repulsive I could not grasp breath to steady myself.
Suddenly, while her arm swung down towards my chest, a bird screamed as to wake me from my fear. I wasn't alone, it was as if the bird was with me, not only in sound but in Energy, and I realized all was interconnected, I was as much part of this World as the creature in front of me. I ducked away and ran, ran over the sands with my bare feet, swam into the cold water and did not stop to look back at it.
Exhausted I fell on my knees from the swim. I crawled under a big rock sticking out of the sand, for protection, and in the hope to not see a creature like that anymore. When the dark night fell upon me, and the stars shone like pearls in the sky, I decided I had to find out if there were more of me. This world I had waken up in had given me new strength, new Energy, a connection to Life I had not felt before. The Energy of the world flowed through me, and I could tell there were more people. I could feel them. And with that comforting though, in Harmony with the pearls in the sky, the soft breeze on my face, the sandgrains supporting my aching back, I fell asleep. The next morning when I awoke again, I remembered my plan. I climbed the hill, looking down into a small valley. There, in a patch of grass, I saw something. I kneeled down and picked it up. It was a beautiful feather, a greyish white, depending on the sunlight, with a black V marking near the top of it. The bird. We are one. Softly a word came out of my mouth, as to claim the name. "Varaani" I said. "That's who we will be."

If you want to join the Varaani, a people there to support one another, come and share the flow of Energy with me. Together we will live from and for the Nature, being One with it.
You can call my name "Lynna" in the Wind and maybe the bird will bring me your reply.
Also you can reply here and we will meet at this spot again. You should tell me how far you have come, if you have build up already, if you are willed to help on a bigger project and what thrives you in the World we share.

GuideMihr
08-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Hi,

Very nice writting :)

Thanks

Emilie
08-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Hello Lynna, wonderful story!
I live in the north, where there are still some empty forests and fields, where animals roam. I have started to build a home for myself there. I have played for a little while and there are many things I do not know yet and some that I am starting to figure out. We could become allies, if you like, and help each other. In the days to come when those who have survived will be forced to choose a side, I'd like to know others who see the great web that knits us all together. I will try to whisper you in game.

LynnaWaters
08-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Hello Lynna, wonderful story!
I live in the north, where there are still some empty forests and fields, where animals roam. I have started to build a home for myself there. I have played for a little while and there are many things I do not know yet and some that I am starting to figure out. We could become allies, if you like, and help each other. In the days to come when those who have survived will be forced to choose a side, I'd like to know others who see the great web that knits us all together. I will try to whisper you in game.

Hello Emilie!

I am pleasantly surprised to have received your message. Over time, there has been going on alot. The valley I tried to tame has been playing up quite alot. There are rocks everywhere.. I found myself unable to build anything on such an unstable underground.
Some nice and pure earth ground sounds alot easier to build upon!
I have been quite let down as of late to this, and the thought of having to move keeps playing up in my head. A thought I am not looking forward to become real.
A plentiful land is indeed what I need to build up a place. I will give my thoughts more time to roam around in my head, till maybe some decision will announce itself.

Thank you for contacting me, knowing to have allies, not to be alone in this rough and intractable world, means very much to me right now.

Greetings,

Lynna