PDA

View Full Version : I pre-ordered

momodig
04-29-2010, 12:18 PM
And I'm still not in, I feel like I got ripped off... when will I get it?

pid73
04-29-2010, 12:19 PM
momodig wrote:

depends on when you preordered.
you shouldn't feel that way if you did after 9th of march.

Oakstead
04-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Players get in according to when they pre-ordered. Those who ordered before or on March 9 are now in. Others will be let in a few at a time according to their pre-order date. The plan is still to allow all pre-orders one or two weeks of game time before game launch and character wipes.

Mrvader
05-01-2010, 07:04 AM
I preordered 4/2 I'm hoping soon ill be in

astronomicat
05-01-2010, 05:31 PM
update: seems people up to the 14th or so are in now. I am one of those who ordered on the 14th and am in. Just don't know what to do in game yet :P running around exploring and trying to craft. You guys aren't missing much yet, though the game is pretty beautiful and it runs smooth as hell on my pc.

terter2000
05-04-2010, 11:23 AM
I understand now how the preorder is going. Letting people in according to date ordered.

I guess it was my fault, but when looking at the preorder page, it was worded so I thought if I ordered now I would be in with all the other preorders.

So I can see where the OP feels ripped off. Too bad, I have months straight available to play and test so I decided to preorder this and enjoy and help test. Looks like I will have to play eq2 until I get in. Really too bad, as I am an older player who knows how to test and what people are looking for.

Guess my services will go to waste until it is my turn. I know I wouldn't have preordered until everyone was about to be let in mid may and tie up my money if I had understood. My fault.

Was looking forward to a sandbox game that was going to bring me way back to the first days of ultima online. Everything new, no hand holding guides to ruin everything.

Cunk
05-04-2010, 01:09 PM
terter2000 wrote:

I understand now how the preorder is going. Letting people in according to date ordered.

I guess it was my fault, but when looking at the preorder page, it was worded so I thought if I ordered now I would be in with all the other preorders.

So I can see where the OP feels ripped off. Too bad, I have months straight available to play and test so I decided to preorder this and enjoy and help test. Looks like I will have to play eq2 until I get in. Really too bad, as I am an older player who knows how to test and what people are looking for.

Guess my services will go to waste until it is my turn. I know I wouldn't have preordered until everyone was about to be let in mid may and tie up my money if I had understood. My fault.

Was looking forward to a sandbox game that was going to bring me way back to the first days of ultima online. Everything new, no hand holding guides to ruin everything.

You're really laying it on thick here. I think they will be just fine without your game-testing prowess.

terter2000
05-04-2010, 01:46 PM
How is it laying it on thick saying it wasn't clear till coming to the forums the preorders were going to get in early, but didn't say how far back the que was?

Maybe I went off topic, just saying they wanted players to be in game testing that already made a money commitment. They didn't want a bunch of 12 year olds playing the game for free in an open beta to test and modify the game to that crowd just for them to leave.

I don't see where I said they wouldn't get on without me lmao. However, a good tester that has played these games as much as I have since day one of ultima online and who would take the time to file bug reports is worth more then 100 people just in to play free.

Wrekkoning
05-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Tie up your money? did you miss some major stock boom with your $29.99?

terter2000
05-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Why Do I have to sit here defending a simple statement? Is this what the community is about?

Tie up money as in, one it is 40.00 not 29.99. Two I decided 40.00 was good for me to preorder and get in now to help test and play around.

Like I said above if I had known that prorders were being let in currently for people that ordered a month ago I wouldn't have paid ahead. I would have just waited till mid May and ordered then when they were going to let everyone in.

People have different reason for preordering or not, some do so to help fund the game, some do it to get in early. Other don't preorder to play as much as they can free in beta and move on without ever ordering.

My particular reason was to help test the game early while i was bored of the other mmo's. Again, if I had known that prorders were not currently getting in for those of us ordering now, I would have waited.

Just saying on the preorder page it doesnt mention that people are just getting in now that preordered months earlier.

Relandi
05-04-2010, 02:49 PM
You don't have to defend it .. but just as you have the option to defend what you've stated - they have the option to voice their opinion on what you stated.

You were being purposely "hurt" but doing it in a passive way to make it seem like you don't truly care.

We get it, you want to test, we all do, but wait your turn like every. single. other. person.

Virtus
05-04-2010, 03:05 PM
terter2000 wrote:

Tie up money as in, one it is 40.00 not 29.99. Two I decided 40.00 was good for me to preorder and get in now to help test and play around.

Just want to point out that in the long run it is only $10 dollars in the long run since you are getting 2 months free so that's $30 for 2 months subscription so $40 - $30 - $10.

just saying, not trying to say anyone's right or wrong

terter2000
05-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Relandi wrote:

You don't have to defend it .. but just as you have the option to defend what you've stated - they have the option to voice their opinion on what you stated.

You were being purposely "hurt" but doing it in a passive way to make it seem like you don't truly care.

We get it, you want to test, we all do, but wait your turn like every. single. other. person.

/shrug maybe subconsciously I was.

Still If I had known I would not have preordered now. My only point was that I wasn't aware when I entered info that there was a que and it was backed up that far. That is just me, not saying anyone is right or wrong for wanting/not wanting to preorder now and wait. Just I wouldn't have.

If I had done research I would have known I guess.

Shirk
05-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Virtus wrote:

Just want to point out that in the long run it is only $10 dollars in the long run since you are getting 2 months free so that's $30 for 2 months subscription so $40 - $30 - $10.

I saw it as $25 for the game with the standard mmo free month + $15 for 2nd month.

terter2000
05-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Virtus wrote:

terter2000 wrote:

just saying, not trying to say anyone's right or wrong

I see what you are saying with the price. Probably more correct would be 40.00 - 14.99 cause it is standard for the first month to be included in mmos. So 25.00.

Chile
05-04-2010, 03:18 PM
I am patient, I can wait. I understand how things work with pre-launched MMO's. I don't mind waiting a few weeks before I can download and test/play. Is it a risk to pay $40 and have nothing to show for it immediately, sure but that's how it is in this stage of an MMO. As an example I pre-ordered STO back in Dec 09 and didn't get to download or play until Jan 12th of this year. So what! They delivered (at least the open beta part)I waited a bit, then played when they released for open beta pre-orders.

Before you know it you will have an email to invite you to download the client and off you go into the Xsyon world. So sit back relax and enjoy the forums with the rest of us in line.

Relandi
05-04-2010, 03:23 PM
terter2000 wrote:

Relandi wrote:

/shrug maybe subconsciously I was.

Still If I had known I would not have preordered now. My only point was that I wasn't aware when I entered info that there was a que and it was backed up that far. That is just me, not saying anyone is right or wrong for wanting/not wanting to preorder now and wait. Just I wouldn't have.

If I had done research I would have known I guess.

The queue isn't really backed up "that far" as Jooky has stated the list isn't anywhere as long as we think. 2 weeks for the majority of pre-orders to be in-game is what we're currently looking at.

The aim is to have pre-orders in by the "middle of May" - this, of course, remains on a first come, first serve basis, but should still ensure even later pre-orders access to the game within a relatively short time frame.

However, if you hadn't pre-ordered you wouldn't be seeing the light of day in Xsyon until well into June, at the very least. You are still getting a benefit here.

Stephens
05-05-2010, 11:40 AM
This is like buying milk, and finding out they haven't bought the cow yet.

darkrounge
05-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Stephens wrote:

Where do you buy your milk from?

Chile
05-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Stephens wrote:

You mean: Like buying the cow but not getting any milk yet.

Stephens
05-05-2010, 12:18 PM
No, you order the milk, but they don't have a cow. No cow, no milk, No Game, no play.

Shirk
05-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Stephens wrote:

No, you order the milk, but they don't have a cow. No cow, no milk, No Game, no play.

Chile's is more accurate. There is a game, you just have to wait a bit to receive/play it.

cbowsin
05-05-2010, 12:51 PM
I pre-ordered Warhammer Online CE from Amazon.com around March of 2008. I got to participate in preview weekends and even open beta prior to September. The game was released in Mid September and I was not billed until the game was shipped from Amazon sometime in Sept.

I'm not saying all games have to do exactly this, I was just pointing out that when it comes to purchasing something such as online games it is best to charge when the product is delivered. So Notorious could have accepted pre-orders and waited to charge players until they were invited into Beta. Or perhaps provide players with instructions after pre-order on where to download the client and logging in it but make it so that the account is not active until the player is in the next round of invites. Etc.

really it is all the same thing, depending on the perspective of the person, it just happens the way they went about it does not provide a lot of consumer confidence.

Chile
05-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Stephens wrote:

I understand the concept of receiving goods or services once you render payment. But we are not at the retail stage with this game yet. You could make such a claim at that point regarding the cow and milk. You are are not at retail yet. You are given a back stage pass before retail, like a sneak peek, exclusive access or special pre-screening of a movie.

Don't worry, many are in the same boat and are waiting to get in. I am sure the devs are working on it and will be sending out more emails in the next week or two. Sit tight and breath.

terter2000
05-05-2010, 01:45 PM
That would have been the way to do it. Not bill till you were accepted into the beta.

That way they get serious players testing that plan on playing ( paid for game already . )

Like I said, if I had known preorders were backed up I would not have preordered. Before I get flamed, I am not saying those who are content paying for a preorder and waiting are wrong. Saying me personally I wouldn't have ordered.

Relandi
05-05-2010, 01:52 PM
terter2000 wrote:

That would have been the way to do it. Not bill till you were accepted into the beta.

That way they get serious players testing that plan on playing ( paid for game already . )

Like I said, if I had known preorders were backed up I would not have preordered. Before I get flamed, I am not saying those who are content paying for a preorder and waiting are wrong. Saying me personally I wouldn't have ordered.

The way they do it right now they only get "serious" testers, i.e people who have paid.

And this way it's people who truly want it, and pay upfront, not just someone who is buying it for the sheer fact they get early access.

You've stated, and re-stated several times now. We got it, you want in, NOW. It won't happen.

Iron Maiden
05-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Mayb read throughout the forums a tad bit before you spend 40 bucks?

Clearly not our problem.

Cunk
05-05-2010, 05:33 PM
terter2000 wrote:

And how long would you suggest the devs wait for responses from the people they send invites out to? Because if they allowed anyone to sign up for beta then there would be 10x as many people on the waiting list and out of every batch of invites the devs sent out there would certainly be a number of them who don't respond or else they hesitate before ordering while they wait for responses to their thread entitled "Should I sign up?".

kiwibird
05-05-2010, 06:04 PM
cbowsin wrote:

I pre-ordered Warhammer Online CE from Amazon.com around March of 2008. I got to participate in preview weekends and even open beta prior to September. The game was released in Mid September and I was not billed until the game was shipped from Amazon sometime in Sept.

I'm not saying all games have to do exactly this, I was just pointing out that when it comes to purchasing something such as online games it is best to charge when the product is delivered. So Notorious could have accepted pre-orders and waited to charge players until they were invited into Beta. Or perhaps provide players with instructions after pre-order on where to download the client and logging in it but make it so that the account is not active until the player is in the next round of invites. Etc.

really it is all the same thing, depending on the perspective of the person, it just happens the way they went about it does not provide a lot of consumer confidence.Currently you are billed the moment you want to signup, but you do not use that credit till the game is released.

Signing up now, means you WILL get early access, of at least two weeks before game launch and on launch you start to use the credit.

So in fact, you have a credit to the game, that is likely to be allocated to something already, but your credit will be used when it starts, it hasn't already started.

You paid a deposit basically.

cbowsin
05-05-2010, 08:32 PM
kiwibird wrote:

Currently you are billed the moment you want to signup, but you do not use that credit till the game is released.

Signing up now, means you WILL get early access, of at least two weeks before game launch and on launch you start to use the credit.

So in fact, you have a credit to the game, that is likely to be allocated to something already, but your credit will be used when it starts, it hasn't already started.

You paid a deposit basically.

Like I said, it is a matter of perspective, you see it that way and that is fine with you but in my perspective it is not ideal solution for me. Warhammer also provided 30 free days and I too could see that as a 'credit' to the first month fee, but also I was not billed until the game was in the mail. Here I have no game, I have nothing coming in the mail, all we get is: "You will be contacted with download instructions for the game client in the near future." That would be like me selling you a DVD and after you pay me I'll decide when I want to give the DVD to you. So another way to look at it, is I paid $40 to get put on a waiting list for Beta. There is a rule with many MMO Developers and that is, 'you only get one release'. Which basically means a studio has one chance to make a first impression, if that gets fumbled then it can seriously impact the success of the game overall.

Don't confuse my posts. I'm not complaining. I'm not asking for a refund. I'm not saying Xsyon is a scam. All I'm saying and perhaps suggesting is that there are better ways to say "early game world access on a first come basis" such as "Accounts will be placed in a queue based on Pre-order date to gain Early Access and will be accepted at the discretion of the Developers" or something of that nature. Or like I stated previously, just don't charge the account until they send the account the download instruction email.

kiwibird
05-05-2010, 09:20 PM
When I first read that, I presumed the game was on track, and that if I preordered I would get access before the official date. I didn't know anything about beta or that it was open to preordered players.

People read the minimalist information and believe that's enough to make an informed choice. Its like knowing babies come from having sex, so you say no to oral sex cos you don't want to have a baby. Informed choices come when you research, money is something people like and even I am guilty of throwing it into something I didn't fully know.

Uhm, could the information be changed? Sure, but there are many ways you can find out more about "what exactly is this" if its a concern for you.

cbowsin
05-06-2010, 09:13 AM
kiwibird wrote:

Uhm, could the information be changed? Sure, but there are many ways you can find out more about "what exactly is this" if its a concern for you.

Sweet, what are these 'many ways'? Excluding Xsyon.com and everything in it because I could easily make a web domain and fill it with a payment page, photoshop some screen shots, and have a message board and say what I please. One thing that helps me is if I knew more about the developer. Star Vault, makers of Mortal Online, has a website. Icarus Studios, who developed Fallen Earth, has a website. Heck, even Onetoofree, makers of Wurm Online, has a website even though that is the only game they developed. What is Notorius Games LLC's website? I haven't found one. Then surely there have been 3rd party MMO sites who have reviewed the game and maybe even interviewed some of the staff. Well a quick search returned several results of 3rd party MMO sites that do in fact have a blurb about Xsyon. However further research showed all of them just posted the only press-release that Xsyon issued last January, nothing more. So other than Xsyon.com what are the many ways customers can find out more information?

Greawulfe
05-06-2010, 10:09 AM
"Why Do I have to sit here defending a simple statement? Is this what the community is about?"

Dude, the first thing you dont do is walk into a room and say this place is a ripoff. No wonder everyone picks your posts apart just to dis you. You dissed them walking in. I played UO from the start too and have continued to play MMO's the whole time, my advice to you is, dont take yourself so seriously.

PANZERBUNNY
05-06-2010, 10:24 AM
momodig wrote:

Read the dev post, Captain lazy face.

I cared abot getting in before, but your character is going to get wiped, so who cares.

Xsyon
05-06-2010, 11:54 AM
What is Notorius Games LLC's website?

www.notorious-games.com ;)

It just links to here, of course. We're a small team working just on Xsyon. Our development team information is here so there's no need for another site.

Then surely there have been 3rd party MMO sites who have reviewed the game and maybe even interviewed some of the staff.

Actually, no. I've declined many interviews until we are ready for more publicity.

My goal has always been a small and quiet launch for the Prelude. It's intended to evolve and grow with a small community so we're deliberately avoiding press until the game is ready to expand.

Chile
05-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Xsyon wrote:

www.notorious-games.com ;)

It just links to here, of course. We're a small team working just on Xsyon. Our development team information is here so there's no need for another site.

Then surely there have been 3rd party MMO sites who have reviewed the game and maybe even interviewed some of the staff.

Actually, no. I've declined many interviews until we are ready for more publicity.

My goal has always been a small and quiet launch for the Prelude. It's intended to evolve and grow with a small community so we're deliberately avoiding press until the game is ready to expand.

+1

kiwibird
05-06-2010, 04:05 PM
cbowsin wrote:

One thing that helps me is if I knew more about the developer.Do what anyone else does when they want to know a Developer, talk to them, or find people who know of them. Virtus is a good soul (just don't tell him I said that). Want to find out, create a thread, see if you are lucky to get a reply. How'd the Developer get so many Russian coders and artist? (http://www.xsyon.com/forums/6-general-discussion/19746-russians) Someone wanted to know so they asked.

In my view, I ask myself, do they need one? Nope. Like you said, any joe blogs can make a website, so your own 'where is this website' is moot anyway.

If you want information about a game you are going to play, you aren't typically going to find reviews of it on other websites when its currently closed to all forms of non-select people.

You want instant gratification, that is fine, and likely want it from a unbiased person, that too is fine, but you can't expect it from something that obviously has its doors closed.

So when you ask for a non-xsyon source, you wont find much. But if you want true information, you wont find it better than here.

You have IRC (IRC://irc.darkmyst.org:6667/xsyon) to talk with others, typically live so you can try and use your "bullshit detector", you have vent (63.209.37.15:5131) to actually hear a voice, and if you are like me, sounds can be erotic!

If you need information and simply aren't getting it you have website email which is publicly being released slowly for all the monitored addresses. And of course the forums where everything you say is open to Open PvP.

So when you want information, you have tools to get that information. Because you don't wish to validate xsyon.com as a source of that information, is just simply silly.

Akasha
05-06-2010, 08:37 PM
pid73 wrote:

momodig wrote:

No he should, because on the preorder payment screen it said you would have access on the 15th.

Akasha
05-06-2010, 08:37 PM
pid73 wrote:

momodig wrote:

No he should, because on the preorder payment screen it said you would have access on the 15th.

Akasha
05-06-2010, 08:39 PM
terter2000 wrote:

No you didnt read it wrong

It was worded that way, on purpose.

Akasha
05-06-2010, 08:40 PM
terter2000 wrote:

No you didnt read it wrong

It was worded that way, on purpose.

Akasha
05-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Relandi wrote:

You mean, get lied to when deciding on what and when to spend your money on, like every. single. other. lemming.

Relandi
05-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Akasha wrote:

You mean, get lied to when deciding on what and when to spend your money on, like every. single. other. lemming.

Take your angst and make music out of it, it worked for Linkin Park.

Akasha
05-06-2010, 08:47 PM
sigh, I believe the issue here is not having to wait. Its being told something in order to get your money, and then changing the terms after having your money thats all.

Is it a huge deal? No... I can wait.

Its just, starting off on this foot doesnt bode well at all. =(

Veldern
05-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Well, if you truly feel that way you can ask for your money back...

Okie
05-06-2010, 10:40 PM
good thing you didnt pre order mo

Sabina
05-07-2010, 12:58 AM
I preordered MO, what a disaster that was! I am surprised that I ordered this one, but it wasnt so expensive and I have played another game that Jordi was involved in, so I feel confident about this one.

joexxxz
05-07-2010, 09:24 AM
What kind of PC you got? CPU, RAM, GRAPHICS CARD ETC..

Largion
05-07-2010, 09:32 AM
joexxxz wrote:

What type of PC you got? CPU, RAM, GRAPHICS CARD ETC..

fixed it for you but this is a preorder cry thread and not a computer thread.
You should go to Off Topic and make one. ;)

terter2000
05-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Akasha wrote:

sigh, I believe the issue here is not having to wait. Its being told something in order to get your money, and then changing the terms after having your money thats all.

Is it a huge deal? No... I can wait.

Its just, starting off on this foot doesnt bode well at all. =(

I couldn't have said it better.

Huge deal? nope. Game that isn't backed by a huge company with tons of realeases behind it... starting off on wrong foot is all.

Again, a huge deal? nope. Someone said ask for your money back? I would love for my money back. But I am sure they are a small company and are busy. So, no I am not going to go ask for it back.

Although if someone in billing sees this and it is just a few pushes of a button and not a big deal or hassle, please feel free and refund me :)

terter2000
05-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Sabina wrote:

I preordered MO, what a disaster that was! I am surprised that I ordered this one, but it wasnt so expensive and I have played another game that Jordi was involved in, so I feel confident about this one.

I don't know much about the company or the creators, you say they have a good track record? Well, that is reassuring at least.