PDA

View Full Version : Players that like pvp have nothing to do in this game

PaxRomana
10-08-2012, 06:25 AM
Hi all.

good game, just not for a player like me! Maybe later.

I like the ider you can work together to achieve a goal.

I just not like to craft or gather resources, i like to fight, hunt and things like that, and that is why this game is not a game for me.

I bought the game, for me it was just a waste of money, to hunt you need a team of players.
A hamster kill me easily, so i cant hunt alone, I can not earn anything on chase other players so there is no reason to train pvp.

When I finally get access to the equipment needed to hunt, I can only hunt the smallest animals, they run so fast I can not keep up with them, so chances to kill an animal is extremely small, when I play alone.

Before I start to play the game, the game have to offers more to my play style.
I will keep me informed about the game, i have a frind there plays it.

GuideMihr
10-08-2012, 07:17 AM
Hello Pax,

Fighiting animals ingame has a wide range of difficulties depending on the zone you are in, in low warning zones you should find killable creatures for a new player, when creatures get old and powerfull they migrate to medium,high or extreme warning zones,but of course at high or extreme warning zones animals are a lot more hard and players need to be trained to face them alone.

I hope you keep having Xsyon in your games radar for the future since the game will be evolving and implementing features that might make you give it a second opportunity.

Regards

Fushaum
10-08-2012, 08:06 AM
The problem with hunting in low-risk area, the animals run, and it is very hard to keep up. we had an evening 4 players who made ​​a hunting event, we could not capture in low-risk area because the animals could run from us.

So i see the point in what Pax says, if you dont like all the crafting the game is not for you.

zookeeper
10-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi all.

good game, just not for a player like me! Maybe later.

I like the ider you can work together to achieve a goal.

I just not like to craft or gather resources, i like to fight, hunt and things like that, and that is why this game is not a game for me.

I bought the game, for me it was just a waste of money, to hunt you need a team of players.
A hamster kill me easily, so i cant hunt alone, I can not earn anything on chase other players so there is no reason to train pvp.

When I finally get access to the equipment needed to hunt, I can only hunt the smallest animals, they run so fast I can not keep up with them, so chances to kill an animal is extremely small, when I play alone.

Before I start to play the game, the game have to offers more to my play style.
I will keep me informed about the game, i have a frind there plays it.

It takes time to get combat up and actually kill even the smallest of creatures. As with any MMO game your not going to be able to come right in the game and take everything on. When you fight even the smallest of creatures you have to prepare before hand, as running up and attacking and not having the stamina to run and attack them at the same time is going to net you 0 kills. I always, even with my combat skills over 90+, have to make sure I have plenty of stamina for the chase or to run away if need be. Also a lot of players do group hunts together as some of the tougher types like mutants are not solo kills, even some deer and bears with higher hp can be difficult for a solo kill, my point is that you need to ask around and see if other tribes are doing group hunts and most are more than happy to have another player along as it just helps when the group runs in to a mutant or a 400+ hp bear that requires more dps being done to it with a larger group.

I have a tribe that likes to do group hunts and pvp when we get it but we take the initiative though and form a group of our members and do the hunts. We also solo hunt to work on our skills but once you get the skill, gear, and know how you'll have no problems killing everything you find if it's within you capabilities of doing so. You may want to use a respec to spec for combat skills and put your points in to armed and the weapon you use. There are many ways to make yourself better but as always with any MMO you're going to have to put in the effort to achieve these goals.

severin
10-09-2012, 01:02 AM
Zookeeper, an excellent answer.

About animals running away; you really have to hunt them and I find it a great feature that brings something extra to it.
I can see how annoying it might be that an animal runs up a cliff that you can't climb, but I have a feeling that it has to do with creatures not getting stuck in and on everything ... otherwise someone should correct me.

unclean666
10-09-2012, 05:28 AM
He is right about the small animals running away.Its fine that they run a little but not at the speed that they do.
Even I have a hard time catching them sometimes so im sure a new player just says screw it after a short dash.

severin
10-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Perhaps you're a bit too heavy with that bone armour, Dangy :p I have rarely problems catching up with them little buggers. But of course, if you like chase them towards a unclimbable cliff ... no chance. And I find it quite good that the animals have a chance to escape from death.

unclean666
10-09-2012, 10:46 AM
dude we are talking about new players trying to get started........

and they have the small animals that these guys have to hunt shooting across the map 100 mph.

I dont really care if you or I can catch them if you read above THEY have lots of problems doing it and I understand why and can see why it would be a huge turn off for them.

GuideHael
10-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Also something to keep in mind is that if you do a combat specific build, you may want to join up with a tribe that has many different crafters, as you'll find that your build is mostly geared for combat and not crafting. You can help your crafters who are doing bonecraft and leatherworking by bringing back those items they need like bones and hides. This doesn't mean you can't work on those crafts but someone who has a build for those will always put out better quality gear and weapons, you still need to work on your crafting as you'll need those points to stick in to hunting, armed, and your weapon of choice that you use.

~Guidehael

PaxRomana
10-09-2012, 02:42 PM
It takes time to get combat up and actually kill even the smallest of creatures. As with any MMO game you’re not going to be able to come right in the game and take everything on.

Do you make fun at me?
To play games is not new for me, and I play a lot of MMO games.

I know how a MMO normal works, and it’s not like this.
This is normal for a MMO game.
1. All kind of games not only MMO’s normal have a tutorial for new players.
2. Usually you can find basic information about how the game works in the game.
3. Normal there is a low lvl area for new players, where they can get used to the game and its many options.
And I can name a lot more a game normal have, and what you normal can do when you start playing.

This was a response to zookeeper.

Now to the rest of you.

I'm not saying it's a bad game.

But I stand by what I say, this game is not for PVE and PVP players.
When I play, it is not fun to hunt for 2 to 4 hours and perhaps have two kills, I cannot make money/nails on that, to get better armor or weapons.

I don’t like to craft, I don’t like I have to craft tool, leathercraft or something like that, before my combat skills or HP can get better, I don’t like that part of the game, I like the part I can do PVE and PVP.

So before I will play the game and a lot of players like me, we must be able to be hunter or warrior of some kind, without being forced to work with leather, build buildings, digging holes, just hunting and fighting.

I'm in a tribe that gives me the equipment I need, I still can’t hunt alone.

I think it's a shame that you have to use the best equipment to hunt the smallest animals, once you have the equipment you will not be able to catch the smallest animals

MrDDT
10-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Also something to keep in mind is that if you do a combat specific build, you may want to join up with a tribe that has many different crafters, as you'll find that your build is mostly geared for combat and not crafting. You can help your crafters who are doing bonecraft and leatherworking by bringing back those items they need like bones and hides. This doesn't mean you can't work on those crafts but someone who has a build for those will always put out better quality gear and weapons, you still need to work on your crafting as you'll need those points to stick in to hunting, armed, and your weapon of choice that you use.

~Guidehael

Not sure what game GuideHael is talking about, but Xsyon combat players can craft just fine. You are not limited in a "build" to what you can or cant craft.

Many of the combat stats are some of the best crafting stats.
Like the 2 crafts he listed "Bonecrafting" and "Leatherworking" (really called Leathercraft) are primary combat stat focus. FOR, and STR are the primary stats for those skills.

Many other skills use combat stats (FOR, STR, AGI) as the primary stats also. Which would be the only thing limiting a combat player from being a crafter.

So just a piece of advice. The best in some crafts are combat stat players. Hunting, armed combat, and weapon skills are not part of the "crafting" skills and thus are not really limiting you as far as that goes, and I already talked about the stats that effect some of the crafts.

What I would do is read up on what crafts (and skills) are effected by which stats. A combat toon is a very very valid build for being a top end crafter. I would even go as far as to say, the best crafters in the game are combat stat type of players/toons.

You can take this advice or not, but its from a player that has PLAYED the game for many hours.

But I stand by what I say, this game is not for PVE and PVP players.
When I play, it is not fun to hunt for 2 to 4 hours and perhaps have two kills, I cannot make money/nails on that, to get better armor or weapons.

I don’t like to craft, I don’t like I have to craft tool, leathercraft or something like that, before my combat skills or HP can get better, I don’t like that part of the game, I like the part I can do PVE and PVP.

So before I will play the game and a lot of players like me, we must be able to be hunter or warrior of some kind, without being forced to work with leather, build buildings, digging holes, just hunting and fighting.

Yes its very sad that the PVE/PVP is not really working very well in game. To most people that do PVE/PVP the game just isnt fun.

I think it's a shame that you have to use the best equipment to hunt the smallest animals, once you have the equipment you will not be able to catch the smallest animals

Using the best equipment doesnt prevent you from killing or hunting the smallest animals. Its a matter of choice of which gear you wear.
Animals can be fast, so you might want to wear high AGI gear to be fast also, and lighter gear. I dont wear bone armor for this very reason.

About hunting alone, you can without a doubt hunt alone, you dont need a team to kill animals in this game. Its just much harder as expected.

Thorbrand
10-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Have you ever tried to hunt a rabbit in real life with just a knife? They will run away from you.

unclean666
10-25-2012, 12:42 PM
This isent real life its a game and is meant to be fun and on top of that the small animals are for new people who have no idea what there doing to try and get the hang of things and combat yet the small animals are shooting across the screen when they try and even get close let alone attack it.

Silkdawn
11-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Sadly hes right, theres absolutly no room for a fighter/hunter/PvP (alone) role in this game. Theres simply no good way to increase yourself starting with small animals and working your way up, this game is completly lacking in that area for thoose who choose that path.

(The only way I could start taking on somewhat bigger animals than a hamster myself is the fact that I leveled up doing crafting and other non combat stuff and used the points to my combat skills.)

EDIT: Now, my personal belief tho is that this isnt such a big issue and I have no problem if the game doesnt cater to the die hard PvP guys, I love PvP myself, but I didnt looked at or came to this game because I thought the PvP would be amazing.

Azzym
11-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Sadly hes right, theres absolutly no room for a fighter/hunter/PvP (alone) role in this game. Theres simply no good way to increase yourself starting with small animals and working your way up, this game is completly lacking in that area for thoose who choose that path.

(The only way I could start taking on somewhat bigger animals than a hamster myself is the fact that I leveled up doing crafting and other non combat stuff and used the points to my combat skills.)

EDIT: Now, my personal belief tho is that this isnt such a big issue and I have no problem if the game doesnt cater to the die hard PvP guys, I love PvP myself, but I didnt looked at or came to this game because I thought the PvP would be amazing.

The thing with animals really never seem to settle into a working solution. Before the patches in july/august there were too few animals and none of the mutant ones. Then one morning when I logged on I could easily spot 40+ animals right outside my homestead. In september/october they all migrated away and I had to walk for some 8 zones (along the coast) before I spotted my first hamster some 40m out in the lake.
I settled down up north where there actually were a few animals, but boy do they run. According to players online there seems to be an abundance of small animals in the extreme zones now - which is odd to say the least. Probably do the mature animals breed out there but the kids don't migrate to low danger areas as they should. Anyway - something is still broken with the AI concerning animals and their behavior. I wish the dev(s) would have settled with the simplest of solutions in this case and just added spawn points for animals and a counter for ea zone.

And as a response to Thorbrand's note regarding hunting a rabbit in real life :) Well, no I have never done that and I would never be stupid enough to try. Only a game would assume I'm that stupid. In the case I don't have a weapon for ranged hunting like a bow or sling I would simply make a trap. If the human species had started chasing rabbits with flint knives we wouldn't be here playing games today. We wouldn't be here at all. Drawing parallels to real life about things in a game is bound to fail. But as a sidenote. Equipping a knife really makes you run faster - alot faster (just like you do in counter strike). At least it is true if the one equipped with the knife is chasing you.

saresita
11-11-2012, 01:44 AM

I.M.H.O.

This game is not WOW.It isn't equip based

In addition to the armatures, you must Also have the stats of good character.

Xsyon has the best PVE you could ask for in a sandbox.
The problem is sparsely populated Is that Xsyon.

Darkfall and Mortal, have a pve really ridiculous

Sorry for my english

MrDDT
11-11-2012, 02:10 AM
I.M.H.O.

This game is not WOW.It isn't equip based

In addition to the armatures, you must Also have the stats of good character.

Xsyon has the best PVE you could ask for in a sandbox.
The problem is sparsely populated Is that Xsyon.

Darkfall and Mortal, have a pve really ridiculous

Sorry for my english

I dont see why you think the best sandbox PVE is Xsyon's I would totally disagree and I can point out why. Soon as you start listing why you think its the "best".

zookeeper
11-12-2012, 09:14 AM
I personally like it far more than say Wurms. There was no challenge at a point in wurm when you reached a certain fight skill you could kill anything and with a mount you had nothing to worry about, you did not have a challenge anymore and it was pointless. Xsyon you need a group sometimes on hunts to really take on the wild life that have progressed in to legendary status and a lot have in the high and extreme zones. This to me is better than other mmos where there is no challenge as you progress in skill, armor, and weapons.

MrDDT
11-13-2012, 11:07 AM
I dont see where you need groups to take them out. Maybe YOU do, but most likely you can do almost all of them solo, and maybe a few take 2 players. I can promise you that it doesnt take more than 2 players to kill any mob in the game. This isnt even with ranged weapons in the game yet or a way to heal.

severin
11-14-2012, 01:02 AM
Some animals are in groups and some players, well, most players, might not be as good as you or has played as long as you, DDT. So lack of stats, gear and practice can make it tough on some.
Nothing wrong with hunting in groups; there's a social perspective in that too.

fatboy21007
11-14-2012, 01:33 AM
go solo the 400+ hps mobs roaming, you need groups for them :-P

MrDDT
11-14-2012, 09:24 AM
go solo the 400+ hps mobs roaming, you need groups for them :-P

I have. You dont need groups.

Morphinehit
11-14-2012, 04:33 PM
I have. You dont need groups.

Few people who have stepped outside their basement in the past 2 years would be able to solo 400+ hp animals, let alone most 250+. It's not realistic for the average player to expect to be able to without the grandfathered advantages garnered by a rare few.

Not that I'm bothered by this as I have an active tribe who like to hunt together.

Just pointing out that most people need groups, and in an MMO thats a good thing.

MrDDT
11-14-2012, 05:47 PM
Few people who have stepped outside their basement in the past 2 years would be able to solo 400+ hp animals, let alone most 250+. It's not realistic for the average player to expect to be able to without the grandfathered advantages garnered by a rare few.

Not that I'm bothered by this as I have an active tribe who like to hunt together.

Just pointing out that most people need groups, and in an MMO thats a good thing.

I can agree with that most of the current people playing need groups. However, I think you missed the middle part of the thread and what brought it up.

Anyways, I'm glad you guys are having fun. I hope to see more screenshots and maybe even some game play videos.

Keep them coming. Thanks.

Tchetonkwa
11-17-2012, 11:22 AM
I can understand where the OP is coming from. Many games do have very delineated areas based on levels so you know what to expect from the time you spend online. Xsyon is different in that respect, a more fluid and unpredictable environment. It may not be something everyone likes in a game. If your entertainment time is very limited, you may want an experience where you can be more certain you will find what you're looking for.

Reading through this, I'm thinking along the same lines as Azzym though. My first thought about animals running away was "traps" as well as archery. Do injured animals move slower? Would it be very difficult to have movement speed directly correlated to an animal's health? I mean from a programming standpoint.

I'm not a hunter in real life, but I would imagine it often involves stalking (I mean real hunting, not the comfy little hut with a cooler waiting for a deer to walk by). Does the game still have the "cloaking" type skill? I forget what it is called but if an animal's movement was tied to their health, sneaking up for the initial strike would gain value wouldn't it? Might make it a bit more interesting for the solo hunter. Again though, traps, archery and either special moves (don't really see that in keeping with Xsyon though, personally) or more likely the option of multiple hitboxes so swinging at an animal's legs, or head, yields different results.

Agreed on there being fun in the social aspect of group hunting, but in a game like Xsyon, a solo survivalist is such an appealing feature/role.

Of course, this only addresses the PvE aspect. I can't speak to the PvP aspect as I would only enjoy that in a game like this if it was truly a massive, strategic experience. I'm not even certain at all that is something the official designer wants to do. While Xsyon has a PvP component to it, I've never personally considered or understood that to be the primary draw. To each his/her own perception of course, I'm just relaying my understanding. My main interest in Xsyon has always been for the potential it offers in Man(or Woman of course) versus the elements. It just does have such a phenomenal platform for that kind of experience in the long run.

MrDDT
11-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Of course, this only addresses the PvE aspect. I can't speak to the PvP aspect as I would only enjoy that in a game like this if it was truly a massive, strategic experience. I'm not even certain at all that is something the official designer wants to do. While Xsyon has a PvP component to it, I've never personally considered or understood that to be the primary draw. To each his/her own perception of course, I'm just relaying my understanding. My main interest in Xsyon has always been for the potential it offers in Man(or Woman of course) versus the elements. It just does have such a phenomenal platform for that kind of experience in the long run.

I believe his idea of why to have PVP is to make it more of a survival game. Lawless world where players can choose to do as they wish. The alignment system is said to be coming for 2 years now, that would have changed things greatly on how that was handled however, I doubt it will matter with the few people that do pvp in this game.

Tchetonkwa
11-19-2012, 02:14 PM
I believe his idea of why to have PVP is to make it more of a survival game. Lawless world where players can choose to do as they wish. The alignment system is said to be coming for 2 years now, that would have changed things greatly on how that was handled however, I doubt it will matter with the few people that do pvp in this game.

Yeah, I could see that. The problem always winds up being when what others wish to do involves taking away what I wish to do :). That just ain't good for business... evidently.
Perhaps an alignment system would have put some better limits on that.

Still, little skirmishes where people run in circles trying to swing at each other doesn't really excite me all that much. When I first joined Xsyon, I had imagined it was going to be a rise and rebuilding of civilizations with the large scale wars that ensue. Braveheart type wars no less. That's PvP I could get into. The little tit-for-tat stuff... not so much.

I figured it would take a while to get to that of course. The whole "lawless" thing of individual murderers lurking about hadn't even occurred to me or I never would have bought the game.

I think the large scale war idea was completely wishful thinking on my part though :D. Not like I was mislead, I just got excited at the prospect of being an individual on a Total War style battlefield, but with the addition of a home life and farm and personal RP backstory added to it. Still like that idea now that I think of it.