PDA

View Full Version : Problem...

karrionkrow
10-20-2012, 12:26 PM
can anyone tell me why im getting a crash error right when i get into the game and its been recently as recent as yesterday and today, Thursday i played about an hour or so no problem so is it maintenace on the trial server or an update?

Riverspirit
10-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Are you in window mode? You get a lot less crashes if you don't play full screen.

severin
10-21-2012, 02:40 AM
I think Riverspirit means the other way round ;)
To some, quite a bit actually, full-screen mode will eventually crash the client to desktop or similar. It's a well-known issue that has been going on for quite some time.
When playing in windowed mode, you'll notice that you can't really maximize the game-window to fill out your screen ( another problem that has been going on, too long). To Windows XP and Vista users, simply right-click your Windows taskbar, choose Properties, untick "Keep the taskbar on top of other windows". This has to be done before launching the game client.
To Windows 7 users: you don't have that neat feature like XP and Vista users have, so to make the game client's window larger, you must use the Autohide function from the Windows taskbar.

Riverspirit
10-21-2012, 07:46 AM
yes, I did mean the other way around. don't play full screen. Thanks Sev