PDA

View Full Version : Personal Mutant Cage

MrCrossfire
11-21-2012, 01:50 PM
I wondered up upon this little novel mutant trap the other day while exploring. I have been seeing less and less mutant activity just north of this area in and around my homestead. Maybe this has something to do with it?

I thought the animals were supposed to teleport if they became stuck. I believe the animal population depends on breeding as far as population goes within a certain area, if that's the case then this type of deal does not help at all.. I spent 8 hours treaking around up north in the extreme zone looking for mutants and other than one stray ridge martin these are all I found.

Wheres a bow an arrow when ya need one? two out of three of the shadow deer had well over 600 hp.

what will they think of next?? you sneaky little survivors :-)

Koll
11-21-2012, 05:19 PM
I am all for PVE traps like this. I wish they would let us lay down bear traps and rabbit collar, or covered holes with spikes at the bottom. If only limit to one's land it could be a good way to hunt :) Like real trappers would do

Willowhawk
11-21-2012, 08:30 PM
We were told by a guide that you cannot trap animals because they will de-spawn. And they were correct. We tried with dozens of critters and even tried letting them run lose in tribe giving them lots of room to roam but they still de-spawn. So my question is why aren't these animals de-spawning?

MrCrossfire
11-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Thats Exactly why I posted this. Every one of them are pretty massive in terms of HP so I know they have been here a while.. Not good for migratory animals that need to breed :-)

The way this thing was constructed may be limiting that .. I first thought it was a spawn point but after having talked with a guide I now know how animals are supposed to fuction in Xsyon.. and well these seem perfectly happy hanging out. LOL

MrDDT
11-22-2012, 02:43 AM
We were told by a guide that you cannot trap animals because they will de-spawn. And they were correct. We tried with dozens of critters and even tried letting them run lose in tribe giving them lots of room to roam but they still de-spawn. So my question is why aren't these animals de-spawning?

I'm sure you can figure out how they are not despawning if you gave it a bit more of a thought into it. I can already see from this picture and I'm not even the one trapping these ones.

You can trap animals always have been able too.

MrCrossfire
11-22-2012, 10:27 AM
As normal the guides know less about this game than players.

I'm sure you can figure out how they are not despawning if you gave it a bit more of a thought into it. I can already see from this picture and I'm not even the one trapping these ones.

Well if you know why the animals are not "despawning" then why don't you tell us rather thay just say "put more thought into it"?

As far as I am concerned if the animal AI is designed to Despawn when traped and you or anyone else has worked around that then this becomes an exploit. I posted this here because I was surprised and concerned. I brought it to a guides attention and he viewed it for himself and confirmed this was "Not Good".

Until those "In The Know" tell me different I will assume this is an exploit and ask questions in regards to this..

MrDDT
11-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Well if you know how they animals are not "despawning" then why don't you tell us rather thay just say "put a more thought into it"?
As far as I am concerned if the animal AI is designed to Despawn when traped and you or anyone else has worked around that then this becomes an exploit. I posted this here because I was surprised and concerned. I brought it to a guides attention and he viewed it for himself and confirmed this was "Not Good".

Until those "In The Know" tell me different I will assume this is an exploit and ask questions in regards to this..

So because someone knows how to do something you dont, means its an exploit? Cool, do you have any other words you made up the new definition of it?

I think its funny the range at which that word is used. It can be used to talk about something great, or something as bad or kin to cheating. Very odd that word.

Anyways, safe to say just because YOU cant do it doesnt make it an exploit.

Next thing you know you will want to know how to play the game. If the people "in the know" mostly the person you took pictures of, want to tell you I'm sure they have read this and will feel like they should teach you how to play. But most likely you will just call them a cheater or hacker or some other thing.

unclean666
11-22-2012, 10:34 AM
I have already told them how to do it and I did it for a couple of reasons that are none of your concern TY

Willowhawk
11-22-2012, 10:43 AM

As insulting as always DDT. Yes prior to "Migration" we always had animals in pens and pits until you and your lapdog would come along and killed them all. So it should be obvious to even you that we are very familiar with keeping animals on tribe. But what you apparently do not know since you no longer play is that since "Migration" was added to the AI the animals now de-spawn when they cannot migrate. You yourself used to keep animals locked in buildings on tribe to grow them larger, but if you tried that now they will de-spawn in a few days.

Again I will ask you to stop trolling my posts as you only do so when you can throw insults out.

MrCrossfire
11-22-2012, 11:10 AM
So because someone knows how to do something you dont, means its an exploit? Cool, do you have any other words you made up the new definition of it?

I think its funny the range at which that word is used. It can be used to talk about something great, or something as bad or kin to cheating. Very odd that word.

Anyways, safe to say just because YOU cant do it doesnt make it an exploit.

Next thing you know you will want to know how to play the game. If the people "in the know" mostly the person you took pictures of, want to tell you I'm sure they have read this and will feel like they should teach you how to play. But most likely you will just call them a cheater or hacker or some other thing.

Bringing something to a guides attention and them making an opinion on it, is nothing new. I'm sure they will keep making opinions.

First of all twisting my words to better suit your tainted attitude does not add anything to the conversation. I never said "I could not do it"

Secondly, I do not need to be told how to play a game nor did I ask for your advice to do so. And last but not least, I never called anyone a cheater, hacker or some other thing..

Your opinion certainly holds no more weight than a guide or any current player..You just have to understand that it is as mine. Just an opinion.

I am asking questions out of concern not jealousy. If traping animals like this even though the game mechanics call for it not to be possible is ok, then by all means knock yourself out.

I am mearly asking a question and doing as you so gracefully did. Giving an opinion.

unclean666
11-22-2012, 11:10 AM
You can not tell someone to not come on here and not insult you and in the same breath insult someone else.Yet if im the one your calling a " lapdog " I have no idea what your even talking about.

GuideHael
11-22-2012, 11:18 AM
This is not directed at any one person, please keep personal comments about others to yourself, lets keep on topic.

~Guidehael

Morphinehit
11-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Well, It would be simple enough to recreate the exact trap/pen elsewhere, lure an animal into it, and then see if they remain for more than 24-48 hours.

If it is simply a matter of the layout, then great - we can all keep pets. If it's more a matter of the character name on the totem, then perhaps we have a bigger problem.

unclean666
11-22-2012, 04:01 PM
I do not like the trapping of animals tbh I would prefer to run around hunting them then locking them up and just letting them kill me over and over its boring and I would like them to say 100% yes or no if this is legit to do or not.The reason I even did this as its my first time trapping them was more of a test to see and know what im talking about when I give my thoughts on the subject.From what ive seen and done in a short amount of time that yes you can still trap them without going poof and if I wanted to I could trap the whole freaking zones animals in just a homestead.I started to do that at first to show how far I could really take it and why imo people shouldent be allowed to do it.Maybe down the line with some kind of sys in place for it fine but not as is.

Willowhawk
11-22-2012, 04:46 PM
LOL And I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if anyone is interested.

unclean666
11-22-2012, 04:52 PM
I told mihr a month ago what i was doing please keep your personal stuff to yourself.

And I also told them how I was able to keep them from porting out and I hope they fix it. Your Welcome

MrDDT
11-22-2012, 04:52 PM
LOL And I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if anyone is interested.

I think I missed something. Do you believe he cant trap animals or is there something else?

GuideHael
11-22-2012, 05:01 PM
You may notice an icon on this thread that looks suspiciously like a lock. In fact its just a number of pixels that resemble the shape of a lock.

Why is that peculiar jumble of pixels there you might ask?

This topic has crashed, burned, and has no hope of recovery.

Oh, and now that I think about it, yes those pixels that look like a lock, are in fact a representation of the fact that this thread is locked.