PDA

View Full Version : Make PvP totally optional

WDSnav91
12-03-2012, 06:00 PM
I would like to play this game in the future but I hate that they update everything based on PvP. I don't give a crap about PvP and I just want a fun crafting game which I already have challenges with PvE content. My solution is to have separate server...One with PvP enabled and one with PvP disabled. I think there is a lot of people like me that don't care for PvP at all and don't like to be forced to put up with it in order to progress in the game. I quit subscribing a while back as soon as they started making changes only for PvP. I don't want a game that is based solely on PvP as I think PvE could be challenging enough if the developers do it right. If the developers are too lazy; then miss out on the paying subscribers who would like to subscribe but not be faced with forced PvP. Please fix this. Thanks.

KeithStone
12-03-2012, 09:17 PM
so how much pvp did you run into during the time you played?

MrDDT
12-03-2012, 10:38 PM
I would like to play this game in the future but I hate that they update everything based on PvP. I don't give a crap about PvP and I just want a fun crafting game which I already have challenges with PvE content. My solution is to have separate server...One with PvP enabled and one with PvP disabled. I think there is a lot of people like me that don't care for PvP at all and don't like to be forced to put up with it in order to progress in the game. I quit subscribing a while back as soon as they started making changes only for PvP. I don't want a game that is based solely on PvP as I think PvE could be challenging enough if the developers do it right. If the developers are too lazy; then miss out on the paying subscribers who would like to subscribe but not be faced with forced PvP. Please fix this. Thanks.

What changes were solely for PVP?

I'm not even sure where this is coming from. I agree there is PVP in the game, however, you can easy avoid it and right now you never really run into it.
If PVP is holding people back, then clearly they didnt play this game.

As far as PVE, there is a major lack of PVE also. So if you looking for this to be some fun game with PVE content I dont see why the PVP would be holding you back with how little PVE there is to offer here. Making it PVE only would pretty much be removing 1/2 the combat from the game. With even as little PVP there is, there is little PVE also.

Azzym
12-04-2012, 06:45 AM
My solution is to have separate server...One with PvP enabled and one with PvP disabled.

This is already specified in the Kickstart campaign. No need to suggest features that already will be implemented.

WDSnav91
12-04-2012, 08:07 AM
so how much pvp did you run into during the time you played?
At least 3 times and I died. I didn't even play for a really long time either,

What changes were solely for PVP?

I'm not even sure where this is coming from. I agree there is PVP in the game, however, you can easy avoid it and right now you never really run into it.
If PVP is holding people back, then clearly they didnt play this game.

As far as PVE, there is a major lack of PVE also. So if you looking for this to be some fun game with PVE content I dont see why the PVP would be holding you back with how little PVE there is to offer here. Making it PVE only would pretty much be removing 1/2 the combat from the game. With even as little PVP there is, there is little PVE also.
I see your point but I would say that all these combat changes that they have been doing for what? the last year or so would be to improve PvP. If they wanted to, they could have worked on PvE content instead of all these combat changes.

This is already specified in the Kickstart campaign. No need to suggest features that already will be implemented.
You do realize that there is no way this game will raise 250k in order to even make the Kickstarter campaign valid.

MrDDT
12-04-2012, 08:21 AM
At least 3 times and I died. I didn't even play for a really long time either,

I see your point but I would say that all these combat changes that they have been doing for what? the last year or so would be to improve PvP. If they wanted to, they could have worked on PvE content instead of all these combat changes.

You do realize that there is no way this game will raise 250k in order to even make the Kickstarter campaign valid.

3 times isnt that much really. But more than I expected.

What PVP changes? Any changes they have done to combat has been for both PVE and PVP. Can you list some of these changes or even just 1 of them?

fatboy21007
12-04-2012, 12:35 PM
yea they already plan to do a only pve/pvp server, just gonna have to have patience n wait for it :-P

KeithStone
12-04-2012, 12:48 PM
You say they haven't done much for PVE over the last year, I don't think you've kept up properly with the updates to this game:

Over the last year the major content in this game that was about PVE:

Mutants: Creatures mutate when crossing into the green mist
Zombies: Zombies have been added to the game (they are being called Revenants in this game)
Creatures: Lot's of tweaks have been added to try and make creatures more populated, they were tripled in numbers (I think, at least 2-3x their numbers) as well.

To say they haven't done much with PVE over the last year or so in this game would be a false statement.

WDSnav91
12-05-2012, 11:06 AM
ok Maybe they have worked on PvE but that still doesn't say that you can enjoy PvE without some guy that has much better items than you slaughtering you while your trying to enjoy PvE. I do really like the fact that they will indeed have separate servers and I will probably wait to try to play until then. I do have one big question though...are we still going to see big updates since the Kickstarter project is obviously not going to make it even close to 250k unless someone rich backs for the project?

MrDDT
12-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Xsyon is still going to progress forward, but clearly not as fast if they had more money for more devs.

About PVE, you are unlikely to be attacked randomly while PVEing in this game. There is just no way to find people. If there were a tracking skill or you were live streaming I could see. But if you are randomly attacked while PVEing more than once. You likely have a problem with people telling them where you are that are with you PVEing.

Xerberus86
12-27-2012, 12:23 PM
OMG....please don't! it's a post-apocalyptic mmo game....do you think after the apocalypse there are only butterflies?! please go play minecraft!!!!! give me one good / decent sandbox mmorpg with building, terraforming, full loot pvp and an open world? none? then please let this be one! it wouldn't suit the game theme if this would become a carebear game ;).

i would go even further and allow / advance to tribal wars and conquering. afterall...its POST-APOCALYPTIC!

just my two cents :)

Morphinehit
12-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Let me see if I got this right ...

Xsyon is an open PvP game.
You don't like PvP.
There is the option to play, or not to play.
You decided to try the third option of playing anyway and then suggest they change the whole system to suit you.
I suppose your hobbies also include eating at Indian restaurants and then suggesting to the chef that they only serve porridge from now on because you don't like spicy food.

There are plenty of pve games out there. Please leave this one alone.

Nephilum
12-28-2012, 07:57 PM
People that don't read and post amaze me... Have you not read the KickStart proposal for development. As stated before in this thread by Azzym and Fatboy this is already part of the plan for the future of Xsyon. It will be split in to 2 servers a PvP and PvE server and existing players will have the option to migrate to the one of their choosing. Stop going on and on about why it should and should not be PvP optional.... Ugh. The actual text reads:
"Conquest

Xsyon: Apocalypse will inhabit two separate worlds (servers).

On one server, players will develop a new world in relative peace without PvP combat.

On one server, players will be able to fight over resources, attack cities and conquer tribes with full loot PvP combat.

This will accommodate different play styles and attract both players that enjoy building new worlds and those that enjoy conquering them."

This can be seen via this link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/382040989/xsyon-apocalypse
if you scroll down to the "Conquest" section.

MrDDT
12-29-2012, 02:04 AM
You know the kickstarter may never happen right?

So people posting ideas on changes could be thinking if they dont have a kickstarter. I dont agree with the op, just saying.

I think a PVE and a PVP server would do nothing bug hurt Xsyon as a whole. Only way to do it if there were 1000s of people playing.

I think they are much better off leaving the servers like they are now, with conquest areas for PVP. Which reasons to be in those areas. Making those areas far away from the current areas.

New lands are already made, just need to open them and have them far away from starting areas. I would even put a gap where 2 or 3 zones are no build zones, then have the conquest areas. Then on the other side of the map, you open new areas with full zones that are no PVP (like founders isle).

Both areas would be heavy with PVE (stronger monsters, more abundant, rapid growth and rapid respawn). With the PVP areas with conquest control points. Like a mine that yields rare resources once an hour (say like 500 supreme gold screws).

NorCalGooey
12-29-2012, 04:57 AM
Well said DDT. I've liked those ideas for a while now. I think however, some people want PvP completely off, not just new conquest lands.

There is many ways around splitting the server up.

Maybe, MAYBE, make an additional PVE only server, once the population picks up to an extent where doing so won't hurt the main server.

Right now Xsyon lacks a metagame, and in the few other successful sandboxes, the basis of that metagame is usually competition between guilds.