PDA

View Full Version : Zone Loading error causes Massive TAR field to appear

chojinuk
08-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Zone loading errors are not new, but I had to share this one because the result was the biggest Tar
field id ever seen, big enough to start drilling operations :D

Id just crossed into the zone so qualifies for the zone crossing load issue.

GuideRashnu kindly appeared and even though he was
standing in the tar he couldnt see it.

I even pulled a piece and traded it to him
(you can see the tar icon in the resource panel)

The last pic shows the correct terrain after relogging

Sark

GuideRashnu
08-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Admittedly when Sark reported the find I thought he had perhaps had one too many bad fish but once he traded me the tar his sole find became evident. It's my understanding that as the mist recede in the future more tar deposits will become available so, don't give up hope for those drilling operations Sark. ;)

Willowhawk
08-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Just FYI Guides, the screen shots in the above post have not been approved yet and cannot be viewed by us.

GuideRaguel
10-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Hi Guys

Sorry for the delay. The pictures have now been approved. This issue has been documented previously as well. We had thought it was resolved. I hope your tar quality was high :)

thurgond
10-08-2013, 12:50 PM
When terrain reverts, maybe we all can see this tar field again.

chojinuk
05-12-2014, 03:27 AM
When terrain reverts, maybe we all can see this tar field again.

There was never tar here originally, it only replaced the original landscape, it only happens as a result
of a zone loading issue and is temporary.

Sometimes you can go to places that used to have tar and because of the loading issue find tar
again. but not in this case because the spot in the screenshot never had tar.
This particular variation of the zone load error, spontaneously replaced the original resource
which was grass with tar.

Also last I saw on the test server terrain reversion only restores terrain to its orginal state,
it does not restore the resource. so it will fill holes dug by players but not put grass back or
forrest ground or any other resource, it also doesnt remove a road surface.
Unless Terra revrsion has been changed since the last time i saw it on the test server a year
ago.

Plus tar is worthless it is only used in one waterskin the pioneer one, thats the only thing its used
for. There are 3 other waterskins that are easy to make.