PDA

View Full Version : Feedback Request - Resource Patch I Public Release

XsyonMaster
08-27-2013, 04:10 AM
The Resource Patch is now public!

We will still continue to gather feedback and improve resource distribution now that we have proper tools to facilitate the process.

Since the last round of feedback the following changes were made:
- Chance to find currency reduced.
- Chance to find fasteners (nails, screws) reduced.
- Cloth checked and ensured to be relatively common in all regions.
- Plastic polystyrene checked and balanced. It is still very common as there are only two common plastics.
- Quality of resources revised with a small chance of finding quality 1-5 points above your skill level, but in general finding quality 1-10 points below your skill level.

Metal materials have been redistributed so that there are more distinct distribution areas. Players should be able to distinguish which uncommon to epic materials can be found in North, South, East and West regions of the world with increased chances of finding rare materials in high and extreme danger regions.

If metal distribution is satisfactory, plastics and cloth will be revised in a similar fashion.

Details on this patch are here: Patch Notes (http://www.xsyon.com/entry.php/45-Patch-Notes-08-27-2013)

Feedback on any aspect of the patch is welcome.

MrDDT
08-27-2013, 04:30 AM
Great news. I'm excited to check it out.

Whorlok
08-27-2013, 07:46 AM
perfect balance!...i found its so ok
Thx for the work..;)

MrDDT
08-27-2013, 09:00 AM
Over 1000 scavs in extreme zones. Zero purples. I'm sure this is perfect. Good luck.

Whorlok
08-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Over 1000 scavs in extreme zones. Zero purples. I'm sure this is perfect. Good luck.

ok..have scavenged also in extreme zone....also zero purple
not perfect ...:(

Willowhawk
08-27-2013, 09:30 PM
ok..have scavenged also in extreme zone....also zero purple
not perfect ...:(

I scavenged in our scrap yard in tribe as well as a scrap pile away from tribe which are both in extreme danger areas and no purple items or blue items. Not sure if it matters but I have 100 scavenging, 110.9 Charm and 19.5 perception with my regular gear.

Most of the other loot seemed good and balanced with the exception of currency and Medium metal studs. I did about 6 loops around our scrap yard that take about 5 minutes each (about 30 minutes) and gathered about 1100 currency. (Mixed Dollars, Quarters, Beer Tabs and Bottle caps) The lowest run I gathered 22 currency, next was 174, the rest were 300 to 500. After around 45 minutes or so I had almost 1500 currency which would translate to around 2000 per hour if you stayed busy and made no stops.

In that same time frame I gathered 24 Medium metal studs.

Apalaxe
08-28-2013, 01:52 AM
I scavenged in our scrap yard in tribe as well as a scrap pile away from tribe which are both in extreme danger areas and no purple items or blue items. Not sure if it matters but I have 100 scavenging, 110.9 Charm and 19.5 perception with my regular gear.

Most of the other loot seemed good and balanced with the exception of currency and Medium metal studs. I did about 6 loops around our scrap yard that take about 5 minutes each (about 30 minutes) and gathered about 1100 currency. (Mixed Dollars, Quarters, Beer Tabs and Bottle caps) The lowest run I gathered 22 currency, next was 174, the rest were 300 to 500. After around 45 minutes or so I had almost 1500 currency which would translate to around 2000 per hour if you stayed busy and made no stops.

In that same time frame I gathered 24 Medium metal studs.

I have around 75 both charm and perception and my skill is a few short of 50. Yesterday after the patch i found about the same amount of currency and metal and plastic studs in proportion as Willowhawk. What i failed to find, besides Saw Blades, was metal handles which was the item i would get the most before patch, medium and large.

Question: are Saw Blades skill limited so that you need 100 to get them? I wonder because i have never found one since i started playing the game.

MrDDT
08-28-2013, 03:23 AM
I have around 75 both charm and perception and my skill is a few short of 50. Yesterday after the patch i found about the same amount of currency and metal and plastic studs in proportion as Willowhawk. What i failed to find, besides Saw Blades, was metal handles which was the item i would get the most before patch, medium and large.

Question: are Saw Blades skill limited so that you need 100 to get them? I wonder because i have never found one since i started playing the game.

Yeah I found very few handles myself also, not sure where they went I think out of the 1000 scavs I found 2, just going off memory. One type was small and the other was medium. Could have also been the areas I was in maybe didn't have them.

Saw blades are not limited to skill, and you for sure don't need 100. Ive seen after the patch yesterday people with 25 skill finding them. I found about 7 myself.

Area has a major effect on these items, so if you scav for an hour in 1 area, and don't find X item you are looking for, try another area. If you find even just 1 item of that type, that means the area has them, so you can keep staying in that area.

Xsyon
08-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Please post the name of the region / regions (ex: Zephyr) where you are scavenging and not finding desirable results such as not enough rare materials found or too many of x item found.

Aside from metal materials, the current scavenge table is the same as what was on the test sever for the past week. The scavenge tables do vary from region to region. Specific regions will need adjustments.

I ran a few tests of 100,000 scavenges in Hell Hole (extreme danger).

Skill 100:

39,203 items without materials
60,797 items with materials

55,421 items with common materials
4,753 items with uncommon (green) materials
520 items with rare (blue) materials
103 items with epic (purple) materials

Items with materials
91.16% common
7.82% uncommon
0.86% rare
0.17% epic

Skill 0:

38,832 items without materials
61,168 items with materials

55,669 items with common materials
4,980 items with uncommon (green) materials
479 items with rare (blue) materials
40 items with epic (purple) materials

Items with materials
91.01% common
8.14% uncommon
0.78% rare
0.07% epic

These are the types of percentages that I tested last week on the test server as well.

My main questions for players:

What type of percentages would you like to see?

What type of percentage differences would you like to see between 0 and max skill?

Apalaxe
08-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Hi Mr. Xsyon,

The name of the region i scavenged yesterday and today again is Dollar.

Here is the run down of a bin full of scavenged items collected in about 30 minutes:

213 Pennies
157 Beer tabs
100 Dollar bills
48 Bottlecaps
1 Scheme Foragers bone saw
1 Scheme Artisan Foragers Slicer
1 Scheme Foragers Punch
1 Scheme Pawalu grass Pack
1 Scheme Pawaulu Gift Basket
1 Pioneers Pick head
1 Old Wrench
14 Tanager Feathers
9 Junco Feathers
4 Steel Medium Metal Sheet
4 Copper Short Metal Pipe
3 * Tin Short Metal Stud
5 Aluminium Long Metal Board
10 Short Metal Post
5 Aluminium Spikes
10 Iron Metal Rod
7 Copper Metal Rod
3 Aluminum Metal Rod
20 Copper Nails
42 Steel Screws
78 Iron Screws
1 Copper Medium Metal Handle
9 Iron Medium Metal Handle
5 Iron Medium Metal Pole
5 Polysterene Short Plastic Board
9 Plythene Large Plastic Block
1 Polystherene Medium Plastic Block
11 Polythene Small Plastic Block
9 Polysterene Small Plastic sheet
10 Polythene Medium Plastic Board
7 Polystherene Long Plastic Stud
1 Polystherene Medium Plastic Pole
3 Polythene Plastic Decoration
7 Faux Fur
9 Patent Leather
22 Found Leather
26 Patched Leather
8 Lambskin
2 Grey Spandex Cloth Fabric
3 Crimson Cotton Cloth Scraps
1 White Wool cloth Scraps
29 Patched Leather Scraps
18 Found Leather Scraps

That looks very close to the 40% without material to 60% material, however i would like to bring your attention to the amount of currency items, the amount of schemes and the amount of without use or architecture only items and let you draw your own conclusions of how this affects the game playability from the perspective of the player.

I would like to suggest that if you which the cooperation of the players to collect data regarding this or other matters that you set up a log file that can be emailed or uploaded for your convenience.

Thank you for reading this.

thurgond
08-28-2013, 06:11 PM
I'm finding lots of patterns/blueprints on my tribes land now. Not sure if that is intended.

The biggest problem I see with rares is utility. Your odds for finding rares are about 1 in 6000 actions in an extreme zone with max skill and unknown stats. But of those results, how many were actually useful? Right now only armor gets bonuses, but even if weapons and tools get bonuses at some point, the majority of rare finds will be studs/boards/poles/etc. I doubt that buildings will ever give bonuses, and even if they do no one will be able to find enough studs and boards and shlep them back home from an extreme danger zone to build a gold dome over their junk pile.

What are the chanced for a rare in low, medium and high danger zones?

I do like the chances on finding quality above and below my modified skill. Gives a chance of a nice reward (the occasional supreme) that keeps me scavenging.

tomduril
08-29-2013, 02:23 AM
Items with materials
91.01% common
8.14% uncommon
0.78% rare
0.07% epic

0.07% means so about 7 out of 16,666 scavs (with materials = 60% of the scavs)... right ?
Meaning that if 1 scav takes in average 20 seconds (scavenging, moving to a new spot, from time to time drop stuff in a basket/cart) - probably more time - as most people seem to get 100 scavs in about 30 minutes (18 sec per scav).

Translated in time - 7 out of 16,666 = 1 out of 2,400 scavs = 1 epic roughly every 13 hours of continues scavenging.
Seem very very epic ... if that is what you are aiming at it seems ok.

With skill 100 I have a about double chance to find epics (so roughly every 7 hours) but common/uncommon are practically the same.

This seems (please note that you probably need to find a lot of them to build 1 epic armor) quite awful - expecting that I will find "epic" stuff for architecture and weaponry as well.
----
Skill 100 example - skill 0 would mean roughly doubled:
So if a rough estimate is that there about 3% of amour relevant parts (97% are the other epic stuff I dont need for my armor) - and that I need about 60 of them (very rough estimate) - so every 30th epic find will be something I can use (every 210 hours of scaving) * 60 = 525 (full play days = 24 hours of playing) of continues scavening to find 60 epic parts for an armor equals 2,268,000 (2.3 mio) scav actions.

Seems a quite harsh.

I just wonder that the skill has so less effect on the distribution of the common/uncommon/rare/epic distribution.
I would like to see (with skill 100):
91.16% common => 60% common
7.82% uncommon => 30% uncommon
0.86% rare => 8% rare
0.17% epic => 2% epic

This would mean that 525 days are reduced to 52.5 days (10 times the finding rate) - 24 hours scavening - is probably 1 year of playing for people that have a lot of time...

Still 2% epic means that epics will be quite epic (even for skill 100) - I think there is not such a big need for epic architecture stuff - and there are quite a lot of those items.

Please also note that (as I have charm 3.2) I do not find any Master (QL > 90) parts with scavening so my epic parts will be quite useless anyhow. But I would find from time to time something really valueable with skill 100.

Just a suggestion !!!

MrDDT
08-29-2013, 03:32 AM
Tomduril, I know you are from the EU, but I would help to help you a bit and make it clear to people that when you say something like 16.666 that is 16,666 in US English.

What was really confusing is you would use 3.2 for your stats, but use a . for your thousand marker also =P

Anyways, I just wanted to clear that up for people and maybe you could edit your post to change all your thousand markers to either a " , " or remove the . and have it bunched up.

I agree mostly with your post, but for me its like beating a dead horse. I've said it at least 3 times now. So clearly this is how Xsyon wants it.

Apalaxe
08-29-2013, 06:00 AM
Hi,

Thanks Tomduril for doing the math for us. I suspected as much already though that the odds were close to winning the lottery.

I don't think we are "beating a dead horse here" as per MrDDT's comment, as this is a players feedback thread, started by Xsyon himself.

I hope that the players input help Xsyon realize that these or other changes may affect the game's playability, data is fine and all but in the end the reason why new players will want to stay or veterans not leave will amount to their level of satisfaction in different aspects of the game.

Xsyon
08-29-2013, 10:58 AM
I am looking for specific feedback on what percentages you players would like to see.

If you can please provide percentages you would like to see in the following format, it will help me a lot.

What type of percentages would you like to see?

Medium danger zone, player with max skill:

Items with materials
% common
% uncommon
% rare
% epic

Extreme danger zone, player with max skill:

Items with materials
% common
% uncommon
% rare
% epic

What type of percentage differences would you like to see between 0 and max skill?

Thanks in advance and thanks for all the feedback so far.

MrDDT
08-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Items with materials
82.5% common
10% uncommon
5% rare
2.5% epic

Items with materials
45% common
30% uncommon
15% rare
10% epic

What this does is creates a reason to goto extreme areas, also there is limited scav piles in these areas. Less area to find good things, along with risk, along with time scavenging without being attacked by animals/revs/players.
You will notice that in extreme areas at max skill I have it so that you are more likely to find a bonus than a common. (45% to find a common and 55% to find better)
It's hard to lug stuff around, and fend off animals, or finding a pile out in these areas.

Max skill = 2x better chance to find higher tier than 5 skill (There is no 0 skill)

So 5 skill would be.
Medium danger zone, player with 5 skill:
Items with materials
91.25% common
10% uncommon x.5 = 5%
5% rare x.5 = 2.5%
2.5% epic x.5 = 1.25%

Extreme danger zone, player with 5 skill:
Items with materials
72.5% common
30% uncommon x.5 = 15%
15% rare x.5 = 7.5%
10% epic x.5 = 5%

This bonus might not seem big, however, most of the skill bonus or I should say worth is from getting higher QL items and less failures. Getting a 5 QL Epic isnt going to do much. So let the lower skills have a good chance or close to a good chance as high skill as getting an EPIC, it makes scav a lot more fun.

You will also notice that Medium areas I have vs Extreme areas at 1/4th the chance of finding an epic. I would set it so that High is 1/2 Extreme and Low is 1/2 Medium. You can also notice that EPIC took the biggest hit on factor here.

Anyways I think starting here, then tweaking would be best.
More feedback, on overall whats happening on live. I like how recipes are more rare and put into a zone more. However, I think now that you only get about 1 of 10 or so recipes per "area" or "region" its still to high chance of getting recipes. Example. I found the same recipe the other day in about 1 hour of scavenging 7 or 8 times.

Another thing to note.
Even at the best skill best area (extreme) using my %'s you have a 10% chance to find an epic. That 10% chance is really much more like 6% chance. Because only 60% of the items you find can be epic. And of those items that can be epic only about 10% to 30% are useful. So you really only have about 0.6% - 1.8% chance of getting an epic that is useful at max skill in an extreme area.
Which means about 1 in 100 scavenging you will find a useful epic. Or about 1 every 15 to 20mins of scavenging non stop.

RosenBlod
08-30-2013, 02:52 AM
I've read MrDDT's suggestions through, and I would like the same percentages as he suggested.

tomduril
08-30-2013, 06:54 AM
I also agree - probably still has to be tweaked, but basically the suggested values:
-) strengthen the value of extrem danger areas
-) noticible difference between low and extrem areas
-) noticible difference between skill 5 and skill 100

Probably a low skill in scavenging will allow players to find a lot of cloth of the same material (good for building tents etc.) - make it easier for them to build their first tent or armor, as they do not get swamped with 1000 different variations of materials
A high skill would show more diversity in materials - but also more rare materials needed for armor and such.

I support the values of MrDDT!

wastelandstoic
08-30-2013, 08:53 AM
I was trying to find the time to come up with some max and min skill percentages that seemed reasonable and provided good risk vs reward between low and extreme danger areas. On reading DDT's values and his reasoning supporting them I don't think I find anything to disagree with. Why not configure test with these percentages and let all who care to have a go at it with one question to be answered --Do you think this configuration is fair and balanced with correct risk vs rewards for ALL skill level of players? Yes or No.

As always, thanks for all your hard work!

Azzym
08-30-2013, 01:22 PM
As an addition to MrDDT's suggestion I would like to see how primary and secondary stats affect the chance to find something. I just made these tables up as a suggestion.

I would like to see the chance to find something affected by 4 variables: zone, skill, primary stat and secondary stat. The contribution to the chance would be distributed as follows:
zone - 20%
skill - 50%
primary 20%
secondary 10%

Next thing is to determine min/max chance to find epic, rare, uncommon and common loot. I made up the following table for that:

Rarity
Worst
Best

Epic

Rare

Uncommon

Common

What this means is that a character with the worst possible setup to scavenge (5 skill, 5 pstat, 5sstat) would have a close to 0% chance to find epic loot in a low danger zone. In fact he/she would have only a 21% chance to find anything at all. On the other hand, why bother scavenging when half-blind and when you can't see the difference between gold and a bucket of piss?

A skilled player with the best possible stats (don't really know the stat maximums) would have a 5% chance to find an epic item in an extreme zone. He finds at least something, anywhere, 97,5% of the time.

Converting to math is pretty simple in order to setup a temporary loot table for each character.

Chance to find Epic Item: (zone/4) + 2,5*(skill/100) + pstat/statmax + sstat/(2*statmax)
zone is ranging from 4 (extreme) to 0 (low) in this example
then do the calcs for rare, uncommon and common and you got a loot table

For more fun, insert a random factor to simulate luck :)

PS Yes, I'm aware of that there is a flaw in the model itself - but it works as a draft.

Riverspirit
08-30-2013, 04:38 PM
For more fun, insert a random factor to simulate luck :)

OR actually build in a bit of luck into the horseshoes these guys keep carrying around with them. :rolleyes:
And I also agree that higher stats should definitely affect your chances to get more rare and epic items. Getting the skill is easy, getting the stats proves much more difficult.

thurgond
08-30-2013, 05:02 PM
I think DDT's numbers may be a little high, but much closer to what I'd like to see than the current chances. None of the rare and epic items are huge game changers, but they shouldn't be so common that all established players are running around with all epic bonus items they want.

Making it so more items could be epic would make lower chances pay off at the 1 epic per hour rate. E.g. putting rare fur and leather into the leather table.

High and extreme danger areas are not impossible or that difficult for even weaker players like me. For me there is a greater chance of dying in an overgrown medium danger area than in extreme areas with good lines of sight. The downside of the higher danger areas is the travel time from lakeside homes, and more time running and looking over your shoulder.

Riverspirit
08-30-2013, 07:23 PM
I think I would go about 5% epic, 10% rare, 25% uncommon and the rest common at highest skill. High stats should add to it, and higher level zones as well.

It is getting so difficult to make armor with decent stats that I think players should be able to get a fair amount of less common items to give them a better chance at making some decent gear when their skill is maxed and their stats are high. Currency should not be so common, since the economy needs it to be more rare. It makes the game more fun if you are stashing away your rare items along with all the common stuff we all deal with. There are a lot of items in the game, so you still wouldn't be getting that many of any particular item. Hopefully the scav tables are random enough that you still gather a wide variety of items. The low end I would tend to agree with DDT's numbers keeping in mind that many times you don't get anything at lower levels when scavenging.

MrDDT
08-31-2013, 04:03 AM
I just want to make it clear. With my values, you have a 1 in 100 chance of getting a useful rare.

That is about 1 per 15 mins or so. This is the BEST chances, max skill, extreme area non stop scavenging.

When I say "useful rare" you are talking about a rare that is not a Gold Long Metal Board or Acetate Long Plastic Pole. Its something like Gold Screws, or Acetate Plastic Decoration.

Riverspirit
08-31-2013, 08:57 AM
That sounds reasonable to me. Even more often would sound reasonable to me. :)

XsyonMaster
09-02-2013, 12:50 AM
The Test Server is running now with percentages similar to those requested above. Epic and rares should be much easier to find. Metals, cloth and fabric materials have been adjusted.

If this seems good, I will patch the changes to the Main Server this week.

Thanks for all the input!

MrDDT
09-03-2013, 03:50 AM
I did a quick test of 100 scavs in a medium area.

Medium danger zone, player with max skill, 110+CHA and PER:
Items with materials
94% common
5% uncommon
1% rare
0% epic

Useful non common items 0%

This is what I got.
I was going to do extreme but clearly the numbers were not changed much so I figured I will let someone else do it.

Further note, with extremely hard to get epics. It puts more pressure on the fact that guides should not be spawning items in game, and events should have their # of items drastically dropped from the 1000s or even 100s down to maybe 10 to 1 for rewards. Else the economy of epics will center around only doing events, and guide spawned epics.

Good luck, please keep us updated on any changes.

Xsyon
09-03-2013, 09:15 AM
What region did you scavenge in? I will run data tests on that region.

Regions are still being adjusted. My data tests so far are showing numbers much higher than before (close to the percentages requested, but varying from region to region, which is why adjustments are still being made).

MrDDT
09-03-2013, 09:38 AM
Test server is not letting me load into it. I know I was in a Lake something near "Twin Pines" because I kept having to stay out of "Twin Pines"

Its in zone 740. Hope that helps.

About the test server not letting me load in. I get to the "Loading World" and it drops me back to the log in screen.

Xsyon
09-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Probably Lake Valley then. Thank you.

I'm shutting down the Test Server for now and will post when it's back up.

Xsyon
09-05-2013, 01:22 PM
The Test Server is open for another round of testing. I will run more data tests today. So far the results are consistent and desirable.

If you have any feedback please post!

MrDDT
09-06-2013, 11:41 AM
I tested 3 areas.
100 scavs each area.

Medium Danger - Meyers
6% Green
1% Blue
0% Purple

High Danger - Horse Meadow
7% Green
1% Blue
0% Purple

Extreme - Big Meadow
22% Green
8% Blue
2% Purple

This is much closer if you using my percents I said I would like it would be effectively this:

6% Green
3% Blue
1.5% Purple

18% Green
9% Blue
6% Purple

Gruu
09-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Gruu here...Testing results from an average player doing an average run. 60's in scav/percept/charm

loop from 937/896/856/857 and back. I scaved about 220 times, 1green in 896 and 856, 1 OSB/shovel hed and pick hed from 856/896. all the rest of pulls were whites with only one pull of nails in 896 on the way back. total of 450 currency. all these zones are low danger.

So without doing a true percentage calculation and treating this like a newbie, the amount of uncommon items was i think fair and think they should be found more in higher danger zones. the currency drop rate still seems high but inmy opinion thats due to the current economy and amount of prople able to make higher end goods atm.

I guess in my minds eye if i were a new player not having alot of time to spend scavenging then nails would be hard to find and should drop in all scav piles. again how you see how the game should be played and what im thinkin are 2 different things and if you make it too easy to find all materials well then it would get boring too quick.

Thx for the hard work
Gruu

thurgond
09-06-2013, 04:09 PM
My results:
Low danger -- 10 scavs, nothing special
Medium danger -- 110 scavs, 10 green, 2 blue, 1 purple
High danger -- 30 scavs, 3 green

Would have done more high/extreme testing, but did my standard run from big bear to mutant squirrel to coyote pack on the way there.

Purple was a short gold pole, so I guess it's time to open a midget strip club.

wastelandstoic
09-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Purple was a short gold pole, so I guess it's time to open a midget strip club.

In the event you have more than one stage/ pole I'd be happy to donate a short electrum pole, recently scavenged. Please post coords when complete. I'd love to see it. :P

Xsyon
09-10-2013, 04:22 AM
The current distribution was patched to the Main Server today.

jaqknife
09-10-2013, 06:56 AM
I am unable to login once I am past the patcher
I get the following message
unable to connect to server: incorrect game version

UPDATE: I uninstalled and reinstalled the gmae that seemed to fix the problem.

Riverspirit
09-10-2013, 09:56 AM
next time just delete your xsyon.exe file and repatch, that should fix it.

Rudder
09-11-2013, 12:31 AM
Back to the very same scav list in Carson Flats with the exception of far fewer recipes dropping. Saw blades are very hard to find, as are wedges. Wedges drop 1 at a time. I saw 1 saw blade in 300 pulls and 1 shovel head plus 1 pick head. 75 Scav/91 Charm. Rare boards and studs both plastic and metal are still dropping here. Plastic other than arch items and poles seldom drop.

MrDDT
09-23-2013, 09:04 PM
I want to give an update on my views of the current scav % of getting uncommon, rare and epic items.

I believe it's still too low to find useful non common items. With the # of extreme areas I think that getting epics is exceedingly hard and near impossible to make more than 1 item a week or 2 out of these types of epics even with someone focused on getting the rares for it.

Another thing of note is I still can't figure out how the areas are split up. It seems I find the areas yielding ALL types of metal, and plastic. So the only change there is in the types of items you find, and again it doesn't seem show drastically enough what types of items are in that area. IE small metal handles would be a type of item. I can see that some areas are more common for these and some likely have none, but the % is so low only talking a minor change from other items in that area. Is this your intent? I was expecting to find areas where say gold was more common in the area, not really changes in handles.

I would expect that extreme areas need to be focused more on which types of metal/plastic/cloth they give, and lower areas on the types of items are in there.

Xsyon
09-23-2013, 11:47 PM
Please list a few regions where you seem to be finding all types metals and plastics in even quantities and I'll run some tests.

There should be noticeable concentrations of a few (usually 1 or 2) epic and rare material types in each region. After running tests I'll see if the numbers need further adjustments to get there.

MrDDT
09-24-2013, 04:21 AM
Ok let me gather the info with hard data and get back to you.

I did notice where you said 1 or 2 types of epic material types were more common, my point was more with that they are all still in that area and not extremely more common. Meaning like 50:1 vs other types of epics.

Example:
Area - Big Meadow
Epic Metal Types Found - Platinum 3:1, Gold 3:1, Stainless 2:1, Brass 1:1, Chrome 1:1, Titanium 1:1
These are the ratios to the lowest found epic on avg out of about 50 epic metals found. So you can kind of see that this area is high in Platinum and Gold. (I believe also Electrum is high which isnt an epic) However, the ratio isn't that bad for other metals in these areas to stop farming for them here and go somewhere else when you consider other factors. How large the scav pile is? How dangerous is it? etc.
Why would I go 10 zones away to Mount Rose where say Chrome is 3:1 ratio? The incentive is not very high for that extra effort.

My idea behind extremely more common epics in 1 area vs others is that it would promote trade with other epic areas or encourage people to go to these other areas. With the current ratios I've seen is more to the fact that people will likely find easy to scavenging or harvest extreme areas and spend a slight amount of time scavenging for all types of epics instead of trading or exploring.

ElfQueen
09-26-2013, 06:44 AM
Hello !

I don't really know where to write this, so I just go a head and say it:

You have a lot of banners saying "Play Free Now!"... But where do I go if I like to pay ?? I guess you have it some place, but its not easy to find, should be under "Home" or "Game" I think but I cant find it :(
Maby a link someplace would be good... :confused:
Kind Regards
ElfQueen

wastelandstoic
09-26-2013, 07:23 AM
Off topic here but, ElfQueen, after you register a fourm account (link at top of page) you will have several options listed at the very top of page after you log in. One is My Account. Go here and you can buy the game and/or register a subscription.