PDA

View Full Version : Xsyon Storyline Questions

Kitsume
05-04-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm working on some stories for Xsyon characters and was wondering if we will see any more information on the back story to the game.

Here are some of my questions grouped in similar thoughts:

1. Jan 1st 2012. - War has destroyed life as we know it. The Apocalypse is at hand!
The starting date. Will this be the year zero date? Why this date instead of the generally accepted December 22, 2012 doomsday date? If this is not the year zero date, what is the significance of the Jan 1, 2012 date? (actually should be Year 1, calendars start with 1, not zero)

2. I don't remember where but I think there was a posting saying we are the children of the survivors. But in the Xsyon description on the main page:
The survivors of the grisly destruction rise from the ashes of ruin to encounter a world that has changed. -- You have forgotten the past and are welcomed by a new primitive future. -- You are a survivor. Your youth was spent lost in times of war. Your memories of the past with its machines, computers, bright lights and buildings reaching for the skies are vague and ever fading, a distant and unreal dream. You grow accustomed to ancient ways that now once again rule the world. -- You know nothing. You’ve forgotten the past and have yet to learn the future. You are a lost soul in a strange barren world with little more than the shirt on your back. Little do you know you are destined to become a hero.
The above text indicates that we are survivors of the Apocalypse war. So are we survivors entering a strange land or are we the children of survivors? If we are the children of the survivors, is the Apocalypse still happening?

3. Number 2 brings up the question, how long was the war and how long did the mist take to form? Was the mist a result of the war or of the rift?

4. If there are no old world buildings existing in the prelude, what happened to them? Did the formation of the rift actually divide the world, creating a combination of old and new, or did we enter the rift ourselves? Or did some other event destroy all the structures in the Tahoe basin. If this was a nuclear event, what happened to the radiation and how did we and the wild life survive? To me it seems the text below refers to the gods and demons coming from the rift.
War has ravaged the planet, opening a rift to another reality. The survivors of the grisly destruction rise from the ashes of ruin to encounter a world that has changed. A world that once existed only in the realm of mythology, legend and imagination has become concrete and very real. You have forgotten the past and are welcomed by a new primitive future. -- Though the rift in reality has called forth many benevolent gods and creatures, this truly is the time of the Apocalypse. The seven seals are about to be broken. The Four Horsemen loom over the land awaiting their chance to spread destruction and chaos. Devils and angels vie for control of their earthly battlefield.
It seems to me that the rift changed reality from the above statement, but we did not enter it.

5. Did we lose all memory of the previous world? Or is it more of a fading memory, due to needs of survival in the new world?

6. Is the destruction of the world in Xsyon in anyway related to Hopi Indian and other Native American end world/purification prophecies?

Virtus
05-04-2010, 07:06 PM
your guess is as good as anyone's :)

hate to say it but these are questions that will never be answers unless you can discover it (idk if possible).

Kitsume
05-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Virtus wrote:

your guess is as good as anyone's :)

hate to say it but these are questions that will never be answers unless you can discover it (idk if possible).

Ok, lets narrow it down to one question then.

Do we remember our lives before the war/apocalypse started?

kiwibird
05-04-2010, 08:54 PM
1) No view or information.

2) To my understanding its both. Prelude is the instant humans reappear, with Year Zero being the descendants of those from Prelude.

3) Can only be speculation. But I believe that the mist is from the gods to help heal the world (and to limit or exploration is a bonus of this). The war may have started at or during 1 January 2012, but who's to say that it didn't come to an end on 22 December 2012? Having had experienced two 'world wars', unless it is something that the aggressor goes full out with nukes, I think its safe to say that Humans could survive for a long time before they wiped themselves out.

In continuing, the date could very well be (earth today) 2140, meaning that that the world took at least 139 years to heal. We have no time line, and unless that becomes something players in game need to know, I think its safe to bet that any time line after the war is simply there for a link to when things happened... but when it ended or the precise details aren't known... and I think that should remain true for Xsyon.

4) I envision massive 'attacks' on the earth by the ancient gods. After all they wish to protect ancient knowledge that harmed the earth from being discovered. They did however let the buildings and the like be reduced to rubble, which is why we have waste lands where we scavenge resources.

5) We aren't direct descendants with word-of-mouth being spread around of the 'old world'. So we simply don't know it, embracing this new future.

6) Likely.

Monfols
05-05-2010, 01:09 PM
to replay on the time line thing, it could be that the survivors from after the war took 2012 to start with. Because that was the time the war started and that is the time they will continue counting each year because of the time of the war is lost time.

kiwibird
05-05-2010, 06:06 PM
I disagree, but not saying you are wrong. After Prelude we have Year Zero, which seems to me that we know the count has restarted. In my view, it is best to restart the count too, simply to say "game years up" bragging rights.