PDA

View Full Version : Feedback Request 01/25/2014 - Test Session

Xsyon
01-25-2014, 04:25 PM
The Test Server is open for public testing of the following improvements:

Changes 01/28/2014
Camera view changed to have a fixed vertical field of view (instead of a fixed horizontal field of view, allowing wide screen resolutions a wider view.

New input system further revised to fix reported issues. This system is still in progress.

Important changes
One currency used at trade totems - dollars. Other currencies are replaced with dollar bills
Optimized crossing zones and entering to prevent lag
Optimized skill and experience gain functions
Optimized tree loading
Keyboard input completely redone using a better input API. Should resolve various input issues.
Chat input is now frame rate independent.

Minor improvements
Level up and level down adjusted to gain or use dirt only if the difference in heights being leveled exceeds 0.1 meters.
Adjusted crafting panel so that crafting button works only if all required materials are present.
Crafting cancels if you close the crafting panel.
Experience not gained while using experience to increase skills through the leveling up panel.
Tree stump positioning adjusted to prevent underground stumps
Vertical gauges (life, energy etc.) graphics adjusted.
Fixed the display of the Bonecraft upkeep buff.
Power on some animal based crafted components corrected.
Master Forager Bone File can be unlearned.
Female armor sets display duration and wear.
Totems should display 0 days last active for online players.
You can now take damage when falling with a cart attached.
Mini map glitch when near the center of a zone (512 position) and zone borders fixed.
Tribe member inviting another receives messages regarding tribe size when an invited member accepts.

Bugs fixed
Issue 1664 Cart Bug?? (http://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=1664)
Issue 1884 Level down at flat ground gives 1 dirt (http://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=1884)
Issue 1883 Mini Map showing incorrect picture for the location. (http://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=1883)
Issue 1875 Totem (http://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=1875)
Issue 1855 Unable to unlearn Master Forager's Bone File (http://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=1855)
Issue 1854 Female armor no durability or condition displayed. (http://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=1854)
Issue 1765 Crafting. Stuck in infinite loop (http://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=1765)
Issue 1420 Planting trees (http://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=1420)
Issue 1715 Terrain-Leveling sometimes rounds down instead of up (http://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=1715)
Issue 33 NumPad does not work on login screen (http://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=33)
Issue 1290 Unable to create direct sound (http://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=1290)
Issue 157 Changing Audio Device (http://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=157)
Issue 1434 Leader unable to see tribe radius comment (http://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=1434)
Issue 223 Unable to create direct sound" wont launch from patcher (http://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=223)

Please Test:
Skill gain from actions (scavenging, foraging, fishing)
Skill gain from crafting
Skill gain from running / jumping / swimming / hiding (check display and report)
Scheme gain from crafting
Scheme gain from pattern / blueprint
Xp gain from skills
Use count on skills
Combat and skill gains in combat
All keyboard input!

If you find any problems with any of the above, please post in this thread with details on how to reproduce the problem.

Please do not post any Test Server bugs in the Bug Reports section. It is better to keep all current issues with the test session here so that they can be dealt with expediently.

Thanks!

MrDDT
01-25-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm unable to use the tab key to go from "account name" box, to the "account password" box.
I'm unable to use shift tab to go from "account password" box to the "account name" box.

I can use the mouse to click on either box put in the information. Once I do this, and hit "enter" key, it does not log me into the game. I have to use the mouse to click the log in button.

ZitengWang
01-26-2014, 03:15 AM
german keyboard:

using ° ^ causes a tab-space, pushing tab doesnt do anything
§ doesnt work
apostophe `´ dont work
all things needing right alt pushed down dont work
del doesnt work
caps lock doesnt work
insert creates a zero :D

pressing a key just a lil bit too long causes multiple numbers of that letter too fast.

lol .... Ö (right beside the L) makes the line disapear through the upper border of the input-bar

Wilson423
01-26-2014, 06:49 AM
Same with the login screen.

I get problems with more keyboard lag in-game.. If I sprint for 3 seconds (W & X) I will continue to sprint for 2 to 3 more seconds after releasing the keys. Doesn't happen with R-Mouse, L-Mouse, & X.

While sprinting, jumping is delayed (hit space bar and wait for it to happen).

Xsyon
01-26-2014, 08:18 AM
Comments taken from the Bug Report section:

Camobeast:

Movement Glitch/Bug (Test Server)
Character keeps moving after movement key deactivated
Was getting a ping of about 360 on the test server and it appears that while objects are still "loading" into the zone my character just kept walking sometimes quite a good distance after i released the movement key, after everything was fully loaded it wasn't as bad but still noticeable

also the ping seems kinda high usually sit around 260 on the main server

ZitengWang:

reproduced.
doesnt happen while moving side-or backwards, it seems.

ping seems stable. i dont trust the number left side up anyways :D ....got a shown ping round 20 on test-server, even while reproducing the "glitch/bug"

Xsyon
01-26-2014, 08:24 AM
Comments taken from the Bug Report section:

ZaDocta2299:

Chat lag on test server
Having 10 sec chat lag on test server
Hey ,
When logging into the test server I could not press tab to move to the password box or press enter to enter the game after typing in my password. I had to manually click them ( on main server I can press tab and enter). When I got into the test server I moved around side to side and forward and jumped and I had about 10 secs delay before these actions were completed. I tried a tiny bit later and it still happened.

Kind Regards,
ZaDocta.

Xsyon
01-26-2014, 08:36 AM
To ZitengWang:

Please check your email. I would like some direct help to solve the keyboard issues.

Thanks!

Glorp
01-26-2014, 09:13 AM
Glorp here...testing from under his rock. Tested using Gruu. system spec AMD Phenom 3.0/8gb mem./nvidia 500ti 1gb/500gb sata hd, 1/2 full/windowed mode/comcast 15mb sec service.

1. second account page Tab and enter do not work...you have to click on the password to enter it and then you have to press the enter button to log in.
2. random not being able to stop a movement between 1 to 3 sec delay. this is even during normal run or sprint.
3. only tried scav, skill gain and count ok
4. crafting, skill and count ok
5. scheme from craft and scheme/bp ok
6. xp gain looked ok
7. use count ok
8. I could not test skill gain on combat due to : Tested revs at decayed Hamsterbane camp, approx 60-80 revs in the zone
and if in or out of combat mode i could not manuver properly ie: backing up to wait for the rev action so i could then hit without bieng hit...i kept moving backwards and could not stop...delay of 3-5 sec...this is any direction. but, on a marmot close to the same camp i could move and stop properly.
9.I use a wolf king game pad in addition to the reg keyboard and mouse. I only tested the keys i normally use with no problem but also tested the alt key for combat that others say does not work...i use mouse combat but when mouse combat off i could use the alt key and it did work for me.
10.death port from animal...time to reload was about 50% faster.
11. exiting game....this may be from numerous reasons but i did not get an exit message,checked opening bins on self ok...went to chek other actions to see if a crash but then was taken to second log in screen.

Hope this helps. Glorp

ZitengWang
01-26-2014, 01:09 PM
Glorp wrote:
8. I could not test skill gain on combat
tested it. had a rev unwilling to fight back first, then he turned on me. skillgain seems ok, so far. gained 0.1 in axes after a few hits.

hunting skillgain works.
also exp-gain looks ok. foraging/scav. exp-gain seem to work too.

Please check your email. done and answered

thurgond
01-26-2014, 04:29 PM
"Keyboard input completely redone using a better input API. Should resolve various input issues."

Only basic letter/number and adjacent keys are being recognized. I have my movement keys mapped to arrow keys (I'm a lefty) and these don't work. Camera mode is mapped to Home and that doesn't work. Bind Keys will not accept these keys as input.

"Better" API's should accept all keys.

Xsyon
01-26-2014, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the input so far. The new keyboard input system is not completed yet but does need testing step by step. I'll post here when I'm ready for more tests.

Xsyon
01-28-2014, 03:05 PM
The Test Server is ready for more testing with the following changes:

Camera view changed to have a fixed vertical field of view (instead of a fixed horizontal field of view, allowing wide screen resolutions a wider view.

New input system further revised to fix reported issues. This system is still in progress.

Please report any issues found with keyboard input or any of the changes posted above. If no problems are found within the next few days, this build will be ready for the Main Server.

Thanks!

thurgond
01-28-2014, 10:11 PM
Keyboard input now doesn't allow standard letter/number keys. Couldn't enter my password or use letters/numbers on the bind keys off the test server login screen. Bind keys screen had no letters/numbers even after clicking Default and Restore.

Xsyon
01-28-2014, 11:34 PM
That's very strange. Are you using a US English keyboard or a different language keyboard?

MrDDT
01-29-2014, 04:02 AM
The Test Server is ready for more testing with the following changes:

Please report any issues found with keyboard input or any of the changes posted above. If no problems are found within the next few days, this build will be ready for the Main Server.

Thanks!

I have no issues with input on my end.

Field of View looks good. I would say you could go even wider if you wanted too. To me looks like about 30% wider, and also you made it so you could zoom out further. I'm not sure about the zoom out part, it was fine before, but I don't see a need to change it back. Its good either way.

After talking with Dang, we have noticed some other issues which are likely not related to this testing patch because it happens on live also, but I wanted to at least make you aware of it.

http://www.twitch.tv/industrialstrength/b/499111031

There is a link to a video we took to show how there is some odd lag going on where the server is desyncing from where the client sees the person and the server.

You will notice that on my screen with Dang running to hit me from behind it looks like he is swinging (and missing) about 5 meters behind me.
Then when I try to do the same thing to him, on my screen it looks like I'm clearly right up on him and swinging but missing also.

You can't see my ping, and if you want I can load a video with it displayed, but my ping is 135ms the whole time.

Xsyon
01-29-2014, 07:34 AM
To MrDDT:

Can you reproduce the issue in the video on the Main Server in exactly the same way?

Would you be able to upload two videos of this same situation, one from each player's computer?

I am aware of desynch issues. They haven't been worked on as part of the current patch but I do want to make sure that there aren't any new issues.

ZitengWang
01-29-2014, 08:41 AM
I just want to remind of the crashes, caused by switching alt-tab to desctop from full-screen-mode, many ppl are afflicted with.
Hope and assume this could be fixed ...if the fix wouldnt be that time-consuming?

thurgond
01-29-2014, 08:45 AM
That's very strange. Are you using a US English keyboard or a different language keyboard?

Yes, standard US English keyboard. No problems typing elsewhere, including in the Xsyon launcher.

MrDDT
01-29-2014, 10:13 AM
To MrDDT:

Can you reproduce the issue in the video on the Main Server in exactly the same way?

Would you be able to upload two videos of this same situation, one from each player's computer?

I am aware of desynch issues. They haven't been worked on as part of the current patch but I do want to make sure that there aren't any new issues.

Yes it's worse on the test server than live server.
Live server its about 2.5 meters behind the target which means you can hit sometimes (using a long weapon) and when the lag sorta catches up correctly.
When using a fishing pole we are able to hit each other while following 100% of the time.

On test server even with a fishing pole we can't hit each other.
We did get a few hits, and they were about 3.6m away (using a fishing pole only).

On test server people are not warping around as much (like updating more often), to where you see someone in front of you and they warp up 10 meters. So that is better, but the true desync is worse.

This might also have to do something with ping, but hard for us to see if it's ping or not related.
Live ping = 40ms
Test ping = 140ms

Finding someone else that is willing to test and able to create and willing to upload a video is hard. I have no issues doing it, Dang can't do it. Anytime you want to test it with me and watch my view of what was happening feel free to contact me.

MrDDT
01-29-2014, 10:15 AM
I just want to remind of the crashes, caused by switching alt-tab to desctop from full-screen-mode, many ppl are afflicted with.
Hope and assume this could be fixed ...if the fix wouldnt be that time-consuming?

I'm not sure how many times this has been reported, but it's well known within the Xsyon vets that fullscreen mode causes a LOT of people to crash. Some people (very few) can get away using fullscreen and not crashing when they alt tab. I would say that most people DO crash.

This is a huge issue and should for sure be fixed.

Xsyon
01-29-2014, 11:11 AM
Yes, standard US English keyboard. No problems typing elsewhere, including in the Xsyon launcher.

What is your operating system? Are you running Windows 7 or another system?

Xsyon
01-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Regarding the desynch on the Test Server: The Test Server is a less powerful machine than the Main Server and is situated in Europe. With the higher ping and slower processors, desynch that occurs on the Main Server is expected to be worse on the Test Server. The movement system needs to be improved with a better predictive system, which is not a small task to get right.

Regarding crashes when Alt-Tabbing in fullscreen mode: This is a well known issue. A lot of time has been devoted to trying to solve it in vain. I plan to look into it in depth after this current round of changes is patched to the Main Server.

Let's please concentrate on the issues in development for this patch which are listed in the top post. There are still many open issues, but I will get to them one by one. If there are any problems with any of the changes posted above or any new problems not present on the Main Server, please continue to bring them to my attention in this thread.

Thanks!

MrDDT
01-29-2014, 12:32 PM
Regarding the desynch on the Test Server: The Test Server is a less powerful machine than the Main Server and is situated in Europe. With the higher ping and slower processors, desynch that occurs on the Main Server is expected to be worse on the Test Server. The movement system needs to be improved with a better predictive system, which is not a small task to get right.

Regarding crashes when Alt-Tabbing in fullscreen mode: This is a well known issue. A lot of time has been devoted to trying to solve it in vain. I plan to look into it in depth after this current round of changes is patched to the Main Server.

Let's please concentrate on the issues in development for this patch which are listed in the top post. There are still many open issues, but I will get to them one by one. If there are any problems with any of the changes posted above or any new problems not present on the Main Server, please continue to bring them to my attention in this thread.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.
That does explain the added desync issues, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something else being added with the patch that caused it.

So far looks great to me, I ran all the tests you asked here in this tread and working for me.

Skill gain from actions (scavenging, foraging, fishing) = Check ok.
Skill gain from crafting = Check ok.
Skill gain from running / jumping / swimming / hiding (check display and report) = Check ok.
Scheme gain from crafting = Check ok.
Scheme gain from pattern / blueprint = Check ok.
Xp gain from skills = Check ok.
Use count on skills = Check ok.
Combat and skill gains in combat = Check ok.
All keyboard input! = Check ok. (tried to think of all of them)

Madam
01-29-2014, 02:13 PM
I would like to say first how I like the extended camera view. I love seeing what's going on around me.
I spent 6 hours testing.
Resources, fishing and foraging, all gave stat, experience and skill gains.
Combat,hunting and weapon and they also gave stat, experience and skill gains
Currency all changed to Dollar bills
Hiding gave skill gain
Bone crafting gave skill gain and I learned 3 new schemes
and all the keys work fine in all actions.

thurgond
01-29-2014, 05:10 PM
What is your operating system? Are you running Windows 7 or another system?

Yes, Win 7.

varillon
01-30-2014, 04:09 PM
I just tested Fishing to my first Stat increase.

My Char
Dex 14.0/10.0
Int 14.0/10.0
Beginning Fishing Level 25.0

244 Uses to receive 0.1 Dex
56 Fish Caught
End Fishing Level 28.0

chojinuk
01-30-2014, 06:54 PM
I have no issues with input on my end.

Field of View looks good. I would say you could go even wider if you wanted too. To me looks like about 30% wider, and also you made it so you could zoom out further. I'm not sure about the zoom out part, it was fine before, but I don't see a need to change it back. Its good either way.

After talking with Dang, we have noticed some other issues which are likely not related to this testing patch because it happens on live also, but I wanted to at least make you aware of it.

http://www.twitch.tv/industrialstrength/b/499111031

There is a link to a video we took to show how there is some odd lag going on where the server is desyncing from where the client sees the person and the server.

You will notice that on my screen with Dang running to hit me from behind it looks like he is swinging (and missing) about 5 meters behind me.
Then when I try to do the same thing to him, on my screen it looks like I'm clearly right up on him and swinging but missing also.

You can't see my ping, and if you want I can load a video with it displayed, but my ping is 135ms the whole time.

Here is the quick test I did with MrDDT.

My PVP skills are laughable and Im sure that has a large part to play in the sheer amount of misses I had.

http://youtu.be/OSjC0l5V45s

Sark

Xsyon
02-02-2014, 10:26 AM
The Test Server is open today for final testing.

If you find any issues with the changes posted in the top post or notice any problems that do not exist on the Main Server, please post them here.

If no problems are found this build will be patched to the Main Server.

Thanks!

MrDDT
02-02-2014, 01:05 PM
No issues here. Thanks for the update.