PDA

View Full Version : Which would you had prefer: A clean map or a copied?

Eyesgood
03-16-2014, 07:34 PM
The new PVE server is a copy of the existing with PVP turned off.

I wish this new PVE server would have been a clean slate, skills and all. I so wanted to jump back in to this game. But because the server is (only) a copy of the database, I am afraid this whole PVE launch is going to be a total flop - a wasted opportunity. Players are going to log in to the same scenes, same drained piles, same landscape, same completed villages, and the same desires for a fresh start. It's a shame...

What do you think? Do you agree with me or not? Which would you had preferred: a clean map or a copy of the PVP map?

Let's Discuss.

GuideXaphan
03-16-2014, 08:42 PM
A copy of the pvp server map. The reason being is that a lot of people have poured time and effort in to the work they have accomplished. Why would you force that community to rebuild when they want a pve option and are now getting it but should be punished for wanting it?

I think this gives the customers a option without losing all their hard earned work in the process. Should future servers be a clean slate? Yes. One thing that you and others are not taking in to account is the terrain revision update that is being worked on, essentially land not covered by a tribe and the buffer given for said tribe will revert to its original slate. This will in turn clean up the landscape and remove those blemishes as you call them.

Kegan
03-16-2014, 09:06 PM
When do you expect that update to go live?

Primation
03-16-2014, 09:11 PM
why create a new server when the current one keeps crashing.

Kegan
03-16-2014, 09:15 PM
why create a new server when the current one keeps crashing.How often does that happen?

Primation
03-16-2014, 09:16 PM
at least once a day lately.

MrDDT
03-16-2014, 10:10 PM
I think a clean map would be the best thing for this game to be honest, just wipe the whole thing, fix a lot of the bugs, fix the econ and put up a new server wiped and watch people stay and play. Sure you will lose a lot of old timers but a lot of new people would play and give it a go.

Azzym
03-17-2014, 02:30 AM
I wouldn't mind a fresh start.

znaiika
03-17-2014, 06:50 AM
Didn't I tell you to make pve cleen install people? you all argued against cleen server, now get over it.

Eyesgood
03-17-2014, 08:17 AM
I never saw nor participated in that thread. But I would think you would be on board with the idea. Who knows, maybe it is not too late to consider it.

znaiika
03-17-2014, 08:52 AM
I think about to be able to heal the land with healing tool, which wood work on tribe and off tribe to heal land, grass and scrap piles, this is just my idea, let people heal the land for you Xsyon.

Murk
03-18-2014, 10:08 AM
Wasn't the land supposed to slowly revert back to original outside tribes at some point? That would solve that problem when it is implemented.

I live alone and it takes me forever to build things. I'm glad I still have my stuff in the pve world.

Kegan
03-18-2014, 10:17 AM
I would like to see a smoothing tool and a healing land be added into the terraforming options This way if you see a spot you like you can set your tribe up there heal it back to normal and start fresh or even redo the tribe you have if you don't want to move.

Khalart
03-18-2014, 11:12 AM
I love Xsyon. I was waiting for this new PvE server. You did CTRL+C and CTRL+V of an old, consolidated and obsolete server where economy is almost dead and where people isn't playing anymore. Why? A new and clean server would have boosted server population on this new one and me and my friends (italian community) would have come back... not now with this sad move. I'm very disappointed.

fatboy21007
03-18-2014, 11:30 AM
hes working on a new system that revert land back to normal, so if it isnt ont ribe land itll go back to its original state. Its not finished yet but in the works.

Murk
03-19-2014, 09:07 AM
I'm probably a bit more into immersion than some (most) people, but isn't coming into a semi-populated world with abandoned villages and dug up dirt kinda appropriate for a post-apocalyptic setting?

Khalart
03-19-2014, 10:55 AM
hes working on a new system that revert land back to normal, so if it isnt ont ribe land itll go back to its original state. Its not finished yet but in the works.

I know but won't be the same of a full wipe.

Wilson423
03-19-2014, 03:20 PM
I would have voted to keep your stat/skills and wipe the map. :)