PDA

View Full Version : Xsyon Area Map Question

Chile
05-06-2010, 06:23 PM
I know this is a portion of the Lake Tahoe basin. Could someone tell me which part if they know? Is Lake Tahoe center of the game map or are they using a portion such as the south eastern area of the lake?

Thanks

Shirk
05-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Only thing I've seen are locations found via in game shown in the territory size thread. Emerald Bay, Eagle Point State Park and Cascade Lake.

Chile
05-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Shirk wrote:

Only thing I've seen are locations found via in game shown in the territory size thread. Emerald Bay, Eagle Point State Park and Cascade Lake.

Thanks Shirk!

Looks like the south western corner.

Kitsume
05-06-2010, 06:41 PM
I can't find the post by the devs, but pretty much the entire Tahoe Basin for the start. So the lake and the land around it. But it is scaled down a bit for gameplay purposes.

Chile
05-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Thanks, Kitsume.

Oakstead
05-06-2010, 07:30 PM
As Kitsume said, all the land around Lake Tahoe is in the game. I would say the land width around the lake is almost as wide as the lake (east-west) itself unless you are blocked by mountains in that region.

I am in the game and have explored a lot of this land except for the very northern part which due to a misplaced death mist kills my character when ever I attempt to enter. I expect that bug will be fixed during the patch coming out tonight or tomorrow morning.

Chile
05-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Oakstead wrote:

As Kitsume said, all the land around Lake Tahoe is in the game. I would say the land width around the lake is almost as wide as the lake (east-west) itself unless you are blocked by mountains in that region.

I am in the game and have explored a lot of this land except for the very northern part which due to a misplaced death mist kills my character when ever I attempt to enter. I expect that bug will be fixed during the patch coming out tonight or tomorrow morning.

Oakstead,

Do you mean the whole lake with the land around it or a portion of the south western part of the lake? i.e. a 1/4 of the south western part of the lake and the land surrounding that area.

If its the whole lake is the lake in the center of the map?

Thanks

Kitsume
05-06-2010, 08:21 PM
I haven't seen the land in game yet, but from the Dev's description, it seems to be the Tahoe Basin watershed, but shortened a little on the south end, maybe only goes as far as Meyers.

Basically, everything inside the the Tahoe Rim plus a few extra areas like Pyramid Peak.

Sabina
05-06-2010, 08:23 PM
I have been around the whole of the lake, the death bit in the north is a bit annoying but i ran around most of it as a ghost. I would say it is the whole lake and that it would be in the centre of the map.

Chile
05-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Kitsume wrote:

I haven't seen the land in game yet, but from the Dev's description, it seems to be the Tahoe Basin watershed, but shortened a little on the south end, maybe only goes as far as Meyers.

Basically, everything inside the the Tahoe Rim plus a few extra areas like Pyramid Peak.

What I have been seeing on posts I believe you are right. I have looked at google earth since I am not in game and see all locations you and everyone has mentioned and they are all located in the south western portion of the lakes outer rim.

Oakstead
05-07-2010, 02:25 AM
Chile wrote:

Oakstead wrote:

Oakstead,

Do you mean the whole lake with the land around it or a portion of the south western part of the lake? i.e. a 1/4 of the south western part of the lake and the land surrounding that area.

Thanks

Yes, the Lake is in the center of the map. Because of this I think boats will be an important part of the game as it develops.

Chile
05-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Oakstead wrote:

Chile wrote:

Oakstead wrote:

Oakstead,

Thanks

Yes, the Lake is in the center of the map. Because of this I think boats will be an important part of the game as it develops.

Ok, cool! Now, are you able to walk around the entire lake but as you go farther out from the lakes edge on either of the sides then you run into the green mist/fog?

The reason I ask is that some people who have been in game have listed locations such as emerald cove, eagle state park/lake and cascade lake. These areas are all in the south western corner of the lake tahoe basin. No mention of areas n, w or e of the lake.

I am sure I will know the answers once I get in but just wanted a heads up on the layout.

Much appreciated Oakstead.

Oakstead
05-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Yes, you run into the green mist as you go farther away from Lake Tahoe.

Chile
05-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Thanks Oakstead

Sabina
05-08-2010, 03:34 AM
And yes you can walk all the way around the lake. But there is a bugged death zone in the north of the lake - hopefully they have fixed it with the latest patch

Chile
05-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Sabina wrote:

And yes you can walk all the way around the lake. But there is a bugged death zone in the north of the lake - hopefully they have fixed it with the latest patch

Thanks Sabina. How far from the lakes edge would you estimate the map goes out before you hit the green mist (miles or km)?

Paradox
05-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Here is sketch of some data I have collected so far.

Each grid square is about 2km x 2km
I didn’t always see the fog in the north so I marked where I died.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9662/xsyonmapv1.jpg

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9662/xsyonmapv1.jpg (http://img191.imageshack.us/i/xsyonmapv1.jpg/)

w0rm
05-15-2010, 05:47 AM
and whereabout's are the location we start at? :)

Oakstead
05-15-2010, 06:22 AM
w0rm wrote:

Lower right side of Lake Tahoe.

Paradox
05-15-2010, 06:37 AM
w0rm wrote:

One is in zone 190 the other is in 210

Virtus
05-15-2010, 07:13 AM
*scrolling down and sees the map paradox made*

:) :ohmy: :huh: :blink:

When did you still the game map?

Paradox
05-15-2010, 08:00 AM
made that map with google map, ms paint, and walking around in game taking notes.

Virtus
05-15-2010, 08:35 AM
no, you hacked the server and stole it!!!!

Oakstead
05-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Aha! I suspected Paradox was a devious character! ;)

Largion
05-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Paradox stole the entire map and now the game will be pushed back 1 month. :(

Hammon
05-15-2010, 10:27 AM
I was inspired by Paradox's cartography skills and decided to make my own companion map. Here it is!

http://i43.tinypic.com/10wr2ut.jpg

Korvos666
05-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Hammon wrote:

I was inspired by Paradox's cartography skills and decided to make my own companion map. Here it is!

http://i43.tinypic.com/10wr2ut.jpg

REPORTED

Farmerbob
05-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Removing silly unperceptive information, lol. Every row decrements by 20.

Paradox
05-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Farmerbob wrote:

Removing silly unperceptive information, lol. Every row decrements by 20.

Me? The girds in my map are the zones in game.
I didn’t create the world :)

Based on the zones we have now, it looks like part of a MUCH larger map. The pattern suggests grids 20 wide x (at least) 12 high. Each grid being 2km^2

The zones we have now,
227-231
167-171

My guess,

Farmerbob
05-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Paradox, Your map appears to be accurate, somehow I thought that each row decremented by 10 until the green mist, then changed to decrementing by 20.

I'm really unsure of why I thought this.

I can tell you from my wanderings that there is a zone 148 below 168, and a zone 128 below 148. I suspect that when I log back in, I'll have a very brief look at 128 before dying, based on the note that green mist zones have been fixed :)

**edit**

Yup, I was correct - fixed green mist = dead Farmerbob, lol. It was fun in a way exploring that deep though.

Paradox
05-15-2010, 06:37 PM
I hit the mist in the 148 – 171 row going south but I didnt test dying all the way a crossed, just in a few spots.

There seems to be world past the mist/ dying in all directions. I wonder how much map is actually created.

Farmerbob
05-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Paradox wrote:

I hit the mist in the 148 – 171 row going south but I didnt test dying all the way a crossed, just in a few spots.

There seems to be world past the mist/ dying in all directions. I wonder how much map is actually created.

Just from a symmetry point of view, I'd say that it's probably 20x20 zones, but can't know for sure without input from people who actually know.

Paradox
05-15-2010, 07:54 PM
The features page says “expanding to a 1200 sq km”. We know each row is 40 Km so,

1,200 / 40 = 30

I guess the map is 40Km x 30 Km

Or 20 (wide) x 15 (high) grids.. but that’s highly speculative :)

I colored in the known map, the rest is an educated guess at best.

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/4993/xsyonbigmap.jpg

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/4993/xsyonbigmap.jpg (http://img541.imageshack.us/i/xsyonbigmap.jpg/)

Farmerbob
05-15-2010, 08:40 PM
You can color in grid 128 as green too, lol, I got that far before the mist was fixed so that I died.

Oakstead
05-16-2010, 04:17 AM
@ Paraadox: That map is very interesting. Thanks for creating it.

The land beyond the lake is full of ridges and ravines that makes for some great land for gaming but difficult land to interconnect by roads for future trading purposes. This will put a premium on controlling those roads that are eventually built back into the wilds and the expansion lands.

Hmm, some existing roads do seem to go to the edge of the mist though so these might be the main roads leading to future expansion lands. One road is in the north along the Trukee river and another one is in the south. I have not noticed any in the east or west though.