PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

Firefork
05-07-2010, 01:57 AM
Hi all, it's my first post here and i look forward to get in to the game and this community.

But i have some questions maybe someone can enlighten for me.

What i can understand from all posts about pre-ordered this game is that I can't get into it before the 15 May? or ?
(i pre-ordered it 3 may)

Is the head start dated to 15 May for pre-ordered customer and
the release date 15 June? is that right or ?

I really feel for this game and it will be a journey for me when i get in to it, can't wait!

Best regards
Firefork

dragonstripes
05-07-2010, 02:11 AM
Pre orders are let in on a first come, first served basis. Currently players who pre ordered on or around March 14th I believe have been let in. May 15th is the tentatively scheduled release date for the game, which could get pushed back if there are more issues to be resolved at that time.

Hope that helps and welcome!

reubenmunro
05-07-2010, 02:16 AM
dragonstripes wrote:

Pre orders are let in on a first come, first served basis. Currently players who pre ordered on or around March 14th I believe have been let in. May 15th is the tentatively scheduled release date for the game, which could get pushed back if there are more issues to be resolved at that time.

Hope that helps and welcome!

It is now 15th of June, scheduled release.

dragonstripes
05-07-2010, 02:22 AM
Blah! It changed since the last time I looked. Oh well...

Oakstead
05-07-2010, 02:27 AM
But the devs keep saying that all pre-orders will be in game 2 weeks before launch and final character wipe.

Farmerbob
05-07-2010, 02:40 AM
Honestly, I expect it to be pushed back past 15 June. This is without having seen the newest patch however.

There's a lot of tweaking to be done, and one of the features people are really looking for was recently simply a GM tool (terraforming) and will need to be adjusted to better fit the uses players will want.

PVP balancing hasn't even begun yet, nor has player testing of the features that are going to be used to control the griefing level of PVP. PVP fighting itself has had some changes, but it's all very limited.

Sabina
05-07-2010, 02:59 AM
It will get there eventually, it is just that it is a bit slow going at the moment. Still there are other things to play while we are waiting. Although the EU server was down when I tried to get in there a little while ago :S
And I think its kinda fun testing it out

Primavera
05-07-2010, 05:14 AM
Sabina wrote:

It will get there eventually, it is just that it is a bit slow going at the moment. Still there are other things to play while we are waiting. Although the EU server was down when I tried to get in there a little while ago :S

EU server? Are there going to be multiple servers then or is the EU purely for test? I had the impression it was going to be a single server in Chicago.

reubenmunro
05-07-2010, 06:05 AM
Primavera wrote:

Sabina wrote:

EU server? Are there going to be multiple servers then or is the EU purely for test? I had the impression it was going to be a single server in Chicago.

I think he's talking about another game he plays...?

Sabina
05-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Sorry I was talking about Entropia Universe, but their serfver was down for patching so I wasnt playing anything.

Oh and I am she not a he :P

Primavera
05-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Aye, thanks both, I didnt read the first post properly.

Greawulfe
05-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Oakstead wrote:

But the devs keep saying that all pre-orders will be in game 2 weeks before launch and final character wipe.

So tentatively we can hope to start playing on or about June 1 if we just preordered? And that we will have 2 weeks to learn it before the final wipe and IPO? Excellent, looking forward to it.

Virtus
05-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Farmerbob wrote:

Honestly, I expect it to be pushed back past 15 June. This is without having seen the newest patch however.

certainly possible, he did say he will do what he needs to do to release the game that is functional.

I think though, that as long as people see constant updates and that things are progressing at a decent pace that they will be happy.

Okie
05-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Virtus wrote:

Farmerbob wrote:

certainly possible, he did say he will do what he needs to do to release the game that is functional.

I think though, that as long as people see constant updates and that things are progressing at a decent pace that they will be happy. I dont mind waiting long as It dosent turn into a mo thing. Im expecting one more set back but anymore and it would get annoying. Hook a honkie up and get me in to beta.

Angyll
05-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Welcome! Glad to see new people finding their way here. Many of us have great hopes for this to be the place to settle. Hope to meet up with you !