PDA

View Full Version : Tents on floors

Reztorian
03-25-2015, 02:18 PM
Is it possible to build tents on a floor, that has been built on top of a truss (or something else)?

It did no work for me, but maybe I did something wrong.

If no, then I would recommend, that this should be implemented. It would be nice to build tents on platforms, on upper levels of buildings, in tree houses, ...

The same goes for Canopies.

thurgond
03-25-2015, 03:03 PM
You might want to look at this thread:
http://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=2140

Currently, you can place buildings on top of floors on trusses. If you want these below a truss, you have to place the truss last and raise it above the building then lower it into place on the floor.

millsdo
03-25-2015, 06:29 PM
What he said. However, if you did place a truss above a truss and want to place something between the two you can face outside the truss and build the new building in the open air...then slide it backwards between the two trusses. I learned that the hard way.

Reztorian
03-26-2015, 07:23 AM
The problem is, that the tent on top of the ghost truss and the ghost floor is red (position invalid) , while the floor is yellow. Will it still work although it is red now, or is something wrong.

thurgond
03-26-2015, 08:37 AM
Complete the truss and the floor first, then you should be able to complete the tent.

Reztorian
03-26-2015, 09:01 AM
Thank you.______

Reztorian
03-27-2015, 12:57 PM
Unfortunately it still does not work. See screen shot

Reztorian
03-27-2015, 12:58 PM
Or do I need 2 floors next 2 each other?

Bejaymac
03-27-2015, 02:34 PM
Tents and Tee-Pees are for outside and on the ground only, only a couple of them actually get supported by floors, but none of them can be put inside a truss or under a roof.

MrDDT
03-28-2015, 07:20 AM
So glad the new building update didn't remove building options.

Reztorian
03-28-2015, 07:58 AM
Tents and Tee-Pees are for outside and on the ground only, only a couple of them actually get supported by floors, but none of them can be put inside a truss or under a roof.

Can you name one (or several ones) that are supported by floors?

Peanuts
03-28-2015, 08:58 AM
there wont be any tent or tepee work with those. you already tried the smallest one on your screen.

lol @ ddt.

Xsyon
03-28-2015, 09:52 AM
Hello everyone,

I posted this in another thread, but it's worth repeating:

I will look into 'relaxing' current restrictions. As long as they don't cause problems (as the past trick system did) it can be allowed.

Buildings should be able to be placed on top of floors without a problem. Fitting them within large trusses, if there is space to allow for them without overlap shouldn't be a problem.

This will be worked on further.

All buildings 'should' be able to be placed on floors as long as their corners are supported. It's likely that the building placement bounds need to be revised. I did test placing buildings on floors and didn't have any issues. Further adjustments to the placement functions were made, however, to accommodate other requests made by players and I did not personally test all placement situations afterwards.

I will look into this and it will be corrected.

Please continue to post architecture feedback in the discussion thread here (http://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/9321-03-09-2015-Architecture-Patch-Feedback)

Thanks!

Anon386
04-19-2015, 02:29 AM
I noticed you need to use the "snap to ground" option on a finished floor. This will cause the tent to snap to a elevation that you can't achieve with the up-down placement arrows. It looks pretty clear from that picture that the tent needs to go down but i'm guessing the placement tool won't let you do it. Try the snap thing.

I put a chief tent on floors and at least some of it is under a roof. My floors are on ground.
http://i.imgur.com/wPqGICy.png
The floors in this picture are at height 494.5.

@ Xsyon...We can properly support floors with a single base post in the middle. In this situation will it not be possible to place rooms ontop of such supported floors?

Xsyon
04-19-2015, 08:23 AM
Hi Anon386,

Is that on the Test Server or a live server?

On the Test Server (and for the next patch) you should be able to place any 'rooms' on floors as long as the corners are supported.

Anon386
04-19-2015, 03:35 PM
Live, Xsyon

Bejaymac
04-20-2015, 02:38 AM
Looks like the bottom of the roof is 4 meters up and being supported by base posts, so that would allow the tents under it.